There are funds from the stuffiness of the ear, which act in different directions. So, some drugs relieve inflammation in the ear or nasal sinuses, while others - improve brain function and patency of blood vessels. It is impossible to name any one effective medication that helps with ear congestion, since the effectiveness depends on the cause of such a disorder.
If the stuffiness in the ears is caused by such causes as otitis or a buildup of sulfur, then ear drops are most often used to correct the situation. These can be antibacterial agents, alcohol solutions or hydrogen peroxide. The choice of a specific drug is performed by the doctor at the reception, after carrying out diagnostic activities.
Sometimes oral medicine - tablets, capsules, dragees - is the optimal medicine. These medications prescribe, if necessary, a systemic effect on the disease.
In addition, there are medicines in the form of ear candles, in the form of external ointments. As an auxiliary means from zalozhennosti apply inhalations, fizioprotsedury, compresses and so forth.
Names of preparations from an obstruction of an ear
Sometimes the feeling of stuffiness in the ears is not caused by problems in the hearing organs - the causes may be diseases of the vascular system, or a malfunction in the cerebral circulation. In this case, the doctor can prescribe such drugs:
- Noben - used in the disorder of cerebral blood flow, with spasms of blood vessels, neuroses.
- Kapilar - will help with stuffiness in the ears, associated with high blood pressure.
- Gliatilin - is prescribed for cerebral disorders, as well as for earwash, which appeared after stressful situations.
- Antisthene - helps with problems with the vestibular apparatus.
- Vazobral - it is applied when the stuffiness of the ear is associated with migraine, vestibular disorders.
- Instenon - is prescribed for age-related vascular disorders.
- Actovegin - will help with vascular spasms and circulatory disorders.
If the congestion is caused by other causes - for example, otitis or sulfur plug, then appoint otolaryngological funds.
Drops in the nose with ear congestion are appropriate only if to this method of therapy there are certain indications. Thus, vasoconstrictive solutions are able to relieve ejaculation of the ears, if it is caused by inflammatory processes in the nasal cavity. This happens for colds, rhinitis, sinusitis: inflammation and swelling of the mucous tissues can go to nearby organs, which provokes the blocking of the "gate" into the auditory tube. As a consequence, the motor ability of the membrane deteriorates, which is manifested by a sense of earplane congestion.
With the use of vasoconstrictive drops in the nose, the mucosal edema subsides, and the "gates" in the auditory cavity ajar, which leads to the stabilization of pressure in the cavity of the tympanic membrane.
- Otypaks with ovulation of the ear is applied externally, dropping 3-4 drops a day to the external auditory passage up to 3 times a day. Duration of application of drops - up to 10 days. Among the known side effects when using Otipax, the most common allergy, redness and irritation of the skin of the auditory canal.
- Otofa with ear obstruction is used if the problem is caused by acute or chronic otitis, or swelling of the tissues after surgery on the middle ear. Otofa is undesirable for use in pregnancy, and is also contraindicated in the presence of an allergy to rifampicin. Drops of Otofa drip five drops three times a day, or use it for ear flushing. The course of therapy with the drug is designed for one week.
- Otinum with ovulation of the ear has a wider range of effects, since it can eliminate problems related not only to otitis media, but also to post-traumatic conditions. Apply Otinum after cleansing the ear from foreign bodies, and also to get rid of sulfuric cork. Do not use drops with a perforated membrane, with allergy to choline. Standard Otinum drip on 3-4 drops up to 4 times a day, in the affected ear.
- Sofradeks with ovulation of the ear helps almost immediately, since this ointment contains antimicrobial components in the form of neomycin and gramicidin, as well as the hormonal component of dexamethasone. Sofradex has an antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory and analgesic effect. Ointment is pawned with an affected ear canal in the morning and evening, throughout the week. Sfradede is contraindicated in perforating the membrane, because it can damage auditory analyzing receptors.
- Removax with ovulation is helpful when the problem is caused by sulfur plugs. In this case, the drug is allowed to be used by both young children and the elderly. Contraindications include ear pain, perforation of the membrane, liquid discharge from the ear. To properly remove the sulfur plug, Removax (Remo-Wax) is dripped in an amount of 15 or 20 drops to the affected ear, after which the external auditory opening is slightly massaged. The head is held on its side for about half an hour, after which the ear is washed. If the procedure is not effective, then the product is dripped repeatedly, the next day. It is allowed to repeat the procedure in the morning and in the evening.
- Otyrelax with ovulation is used in the case of an intact membrane - for example, with external ear inflammation or with barotrauma. If the patient is hypersensitive to pyrozalone-based drugs, then Otirelax should not be used for treatment. The drug drips into the diseased ear by 3-4 drops, up to 3 times a day. Duration of application - no more than 10 days.
- Miramistin with ear congestion allows to achieve antiseptic and disinfectant action. Miramistin is allowed to be used for otitis, sinusitis, tonsillitis. The tampon, moistened with this liquid, is injected into the external auditory canal up to six times a day. Duration of application can reach 2 weeks. Sometimes, during application, there may be a slight burning sensation - this is normal and does not require the cessation of treatment.
- Naphthyzine with ovulation is vasoconstrictive and decongestant. When instilled into the nasal cavity, Naphthyzin helps to open and expand the ducts of the nasal sinuses and Eustachian tubes - this improves the discharge of secretions, prevents the accumulation of micron cells and eliminates swelling and obstruction.
- Normax with ovulation of the ear acts as a powerful antimicrobial agent, since the active ingredient of the solution is norfloxacin, which causes the death of bacteria. Thus, Normax can be effective in inflammation of the middle ear. A solution of the preparation with a concentration of 3% drips into the ears 2 drops four times a day.
- An asterisk with ear obstruction can help, but for this it is necessary to know exactly the cause of the problem. So, the balm "Asterisk" is used in this way:
- if the stuffiness of the ear is associated with a runny nose and a cold, then the wings of the nose, nose bridge and nostrils are treated with a balm;
- if the obstruction of the ear is associated with sinusitis, then the side surfaces of the nose, the parietal region of the head and the place between the thumb and index finger of the hand on the side of the lesion are smeared.
- Albucidum with ear congestion drips into the nose or into the affected auditory passage, despite the fact that the instruction does not provide such an application. Albacid drips into the ear in otitis (if the membrane is not perforated), in the eye - with inflammation of the conjunctiva, in the nasal passage - with rhinitis and sinusitis. Albucid is an accessible and widely known drug known to many and under a different name - sodium sulfacil. For the intraoperative use, a 5-10% solution is used that drips into the affected ear and is held there for five or ten minutes. The procedure can be repeated three times a day.
- Furatsilinovy alcohol with the stuffing of the ear is used in the form of drops or for the treatment of ear tampons. It is allowed to use such alcohol for ear flushing - for example, with acute and chronic otitis, barotrauma, angina, auricle of auditory motion. Do not drip into the ear of furacil alcohol, if the integrity of the membrane is broken, there is an ear bleeding, or the patient is allergic to furacilin.
- Nasonex with ovulation can help in case the problem is associated with exacerbation of an allergic rhinitis or with chronic inflammation of the nasal sinuses. Nazonex is intended for intranasal use, but it can not be prescribed for the treatment of pregnant women and children under 2 years of age.
- Azithromycin with ear obstruction is used when there is a need for antibiotic therapy - for example, in infectious diseases of ENT organs (with tonsillitis, sinusitis, otitis media, scarlet fever). Azithromycin is prescribed after diagnosis and sensitivity of the microflora. Dosage is assigned individually.
- Menovazinum with zalozhennosti an ear is applied at a genyantritis if the disease is not accompanied by a high temperature and signs of strong intoxication. Ointment Menovazine is applied to the area of the projection of the maxillary sinuses, three times a day, for 3-4 weeks. If during the week there were no noticeable improvements, then it is necessary to consult with the doctor and change the treatment schedule.
- Boric acid when the ear is stuffed fulfills the role of antiseptic, which causes the death of pathogenic microorganisms. Boric alcohol based on the same acid is often used with external otitis - but only if the membrane is whole, without perforation. Spread alcohol impregnated gauze turunda, and enter it into the auditory motion for 2-3 hours. So repeat up to 3 times a day, but not longer than five days in a row. With more prolonged use of the drug, the risk of developing side effects increases, among which are headaches, skin rashes, nausea, dizziness.
- Hydrogen peroxide in case of ear congestion is used in 3% concentration. This available remedy is suitable for use in two cases: with external otitis media and when the hearing loss is blocked by sulfur accumulation. Peroxide drips into the affected ear when it is blocked every day, until the stuffiness disappears, but no more than 1 week. If there is no positive dynamics, then you should definitely contact the doctor.
- Antibiotics in case of ear obstruction help to cope with pathogenic microorganisms that cause an inflammatory reaction in the ear. Antibiotics can be included in the treatment regimen for otitis, tonsillitis, sinusitis, pharyngitis, etc. If the obstruction in the ear is caused by a viral infection - for example, the flu or ARVI, then the use of antibiotic therapy will not be appropriate. With otitis, most patients are prescribed antibacterial agents such as Ampicillin and Ceftriaxone.
- Candibiotics with ear congestion are ear drops, which contain an antibacterial agent (chloramphenicol), an antifungal agent (clotrimazole), a corticosteroid (beclomethasone), and an anesthetic component (lidocaine). Kandibiotic successfully copes with external and middle otitis media - the drug drips five drops in the ear up to 4 times a day, for a week or 10 days.
- Camphor alcohol with ear congestion is a natural remedy with antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, distracting and analgesic action. With external application, alcohol leads to the expansion of small vessels and improvement of capillary circulation. Camphor alcohol should be used with caution, since it can cause various allergic manifestations. In addition, camphor alcohol is contraindicated in perforated membranes. Standard with zalozhennosti ears drip 2-3 drops of alcohol twice a day for a sterile turunda, which is introduced into the auditory motion. Duration of the procedure is up to five days.
, , , 
Is it possible to warm your ear with stuffiness?
Ear warming is allowed at the initial stage of ear inflammation, or at the stage of inflammation resolution. If a serous or purulent liquid oozes from the ear, then it is impossible to resort to warming up.
Doctors strictly forbid warming your ears:
- in catarrhal processes;
- with otoree;
- with perforation of the membrane;
- for any type of tumors in the ear.
Thus, to think about the heating of the hearing system can only be after the final diagnosis - and only after consulting with the doctor.
Pills from stuffiness of the ears
Tablets can be prescribed by the doctor for the treatment of acute otitis, acute infections in the nose, throat and nasopharynx. The main thrust of such therapy is the stopping of the inflammatory reaction and the prevention of further development of the disease.
The doctor can include such pills in the treatment plan from the stuffiness of the ears:
- Antibiotics - Amoxiclav, Ampicillin, - they are prescribed for angina, otitis, sinusitis and other infectious inflammations.
- Tablets with antiviral action, interferons - they are prescribed for viral diseases, for example, with ARVI, influenza, etc.
- Non-steroidal antiviral agents - Ibuprofen, Indomethacin, act in a complex manner, simultaneously removing inflammation and eliminating painful sensations. Such drugs effectively relieve swelling of the tissues, which often causes a feeling of stuffiness in the ears, as well as increased temperature and headache.
- Antiallergic drugs - Tavegil, Suprastin, inhibit the development of allergies, preventing swelling of mucous tissues. These medications often help to relieve the condition and with such pathologies as bronchitis, otitis, tonsillitis, etc.
Compress with ear congestion
Heating procedures often become an available means for local increase of temperature and improvement of capillary circulation of blood in tissues. Courses of treatment with compresses lead to resorption of inflamed foci, to improvement of lymph flow, to removal of swelling of tissues. Such processes allow us to ease the pressure on the Eustachian tube, which, in turn, will help eliminate stagnation.
Compress is applied in this order:
- fold the gauze cut into five layers, make a hole for the ear in the center;
- polyethylene and cotton wool layers are prepared in the same way;
- wet gauze in the prepared solution and apply it to the parotid zone;
- on top cover gauze with layers of polyethylene and cotton wool, and then fix and warm the wrap with a warm kerchief or scarf.
To achieve the best effect and get rid of ear congestion, you need to put compresses twice a day if the doctor does not prescribe otherwise.
, , 
Inhalation with ovulation of the ear
If the obstruction of the ear is associated with inflammatory diseases in the nasal cavity, then you can resort to the help of a nebulizer - this is a safe medical method that can eliminate the swelling of the mucous, while relieving the obstruction of the ear and nose.
When using a nebulizer, you need to remember a number of specific rules:
- To carry out inhalations it is possible only with the preparations registered by the doctor;
- if several inhalants are prescribed simultaneously, then they can not be mixed together: the interval between procedures should be about 15 minutes;
- Never oily oil solutions should be poured into the nebulizer;
- The inhalation solution should be heated to a temperature of at least 25 ° C.
Do not choose the composition of the solution for inhalation. Stuffing in the ear can occur for various reasons, so self-medication is able in some cases to harm. Consult a physician before proceeding with inhalation procedures.
Ointments with stuffy ear
Ointments and other external agents are suitable for inflammation of the external and middle ear. Such ointments usually contain antimicrobial and analgesic components, as well as anti-inflammatory substances - for example, corticosteroids.
Ointment is used in several ways. The first of them is the most common: a small bead of ointment is placed in the outer auditory canal on the side of the lesion, twice a day, for five to seven consecutive days.
The second way of using: ointment lubricate the gauze turunda, which is then injected into the ear. Preferably, this procedure is carried out overnight.
The third method is an ointment compress - it is prescribed for lesions of external auditory organs.
If the stuffiness of the ears is associated with diseases of the nasal cavity, then ointments can be lubricated and the nasal mucosa - such as Pinosol, Dr. Mom, Evamenthal, and also the Viferon ointment (with a viral etiology of the disease) will do.
Vasodilating drops in the ears with ear congestion
It happens that doctors recommend that vasoconstrictive drops drip into the ears - for example, naphazoline Naphthysin. Indeed, such drops quickly have a curative effect and can be used in the inflammatory process in the Eustachian tube and other infections. Before the beginning of treatment it is important to make sure the integrity of the membrane, otherwise the problem can only worsen. Therefore, before dripping this or that remedy, it is necessary to consult a doctor.
It is necessary to pay attention to contraindications: Vasoconstrictive drugs can not be used for hypertension, atherosclerosis, heart problems, and against antibiotic therapy.
In addition to Naphthyzin, Sanorin, Vibrocil, and Otrivin are often used. It should be remembered that the use of vasoconstrictive drops with ears incapacitated does not replace the treatment and elimination of the underlying problem, therefore such drops can only be used as a temporary measure.
Anti-inflammatory ear drops with ovulation
Drops in the ears with anti-inflammatory effect are one of the main drugs for the treatment of ear inflammation of various etiologies. In the composition of anti-inflammatory drops there may be non-hormonal components, steroid substances, antibiotics. As a rule, if the drops are aimed at eliminating inflammation, then they have an analgesic effect simultaneously. However, combined preparations containing, in addition to the anti-inflammatory component, for example, an antibiotic, have the best effect.
Anti-inflammatory drops are prescribed if the stuffiness in the ear is associated with such diseases:
- the initial stage of otitis media;
- otitis externa;
- catarrhal otitis;
- postoperative status after surgery on the middle ear, removal of the sulfur plug.
It should be noted that purulent otitis can stay in the perforated stage, when the membrane loses its integrity, and purulent mass is released from the ear canal. In this situation, the use of most anti-inflammatory drops is contraindicated: the doctor gives permission to use them after examining the patient through the otoscope.
With internal otitis, anti-inflammatory drops can be ineffective: the inflammatory focus is in the depths and reliably covered by the membrane.
, , , , ,