From the medical indications and the planned volume of resection, the technique of its carrying out depends. The procedure is performed under general anesthesia, spinal or local anesthesia. During resection, the patient lies on his back with his legs split and fixed to the front wall of the abdomen with a penis. The scrotum, that is, the operating field, is treated with an antiseptic and cut. The tissue cut is performed on an anatomical suture, and it can reach 10 cm.
- Through the incision, an egg with an appendage is removed and, after dressing the spermatic cord, is removed. If the skin is preserved, then only the testicle tissue is removed. From the remaining shell, the doctor forms an education similar to the anatomical location of the testis. Fabrics are sutured and drainage is installed.
- In cystic lesions, the operation can be performed by an open method or laparoscopic. Puncture is not recommended, since it often gives relapses. When the operation is open, the doctor makes an incision in the scrotal area and excludes the damaged tissue, keeping the testicle and its appendage. Sewing of tissues is layer-by-layer, drainage is not established.
- Another minimally invasive method for the removal of cystic neoplasm is sclerotherapy. The surgeon introduces into the cavity a chemical substance that causes the tissues to "stick together". The main disadvantage of this method is complications from the spermatic cord. Its sclerosis leads to persistent infertility.
- If the indication for the operation was cancer, then the excision of all the tissues of the scrotum is performed. In prostate cancer, access to the organ is through the inguinal region. The doctor removes the testis, appendage and spermatic cord.
If the testicle has been removed during surgery, then prosthetics are performed to eliminate the external defect. To do this, use silicone implants that repeat the size and shape of the organ. Prosthesis is possible only after the elimination of inflammatory processes and complete recovery of the body.
Resection of the epididymis
Adherence of the testicle is a narrowed canal in testes, the main function of which is carrying out spermatozoa. It has three divisions: head, body and tail. Inflammatory processes and mechanical damage lead to disruption of its work.
Resection of the epididymis is performed with such diseases:
- The cyst is a tumor with a serous fluid. It arises because of violations of the function of excretory ducts and the evacuation of sperm. Very often, cysts are formed with traumatic damages of the scrotum.
- Epididymitis - inflammation of the epididymis. A painful condition is a reaction of the body to the penetration of pathogens. Pathology can occur after hypothermia, with sexually transmitted diseases, various injuries, taking medications of certain pharmacological groups. It is manifested by swelling of the scrotum, fever and pain in the groin.
- Cancer - malignant neoplasm often affects the body or tail of the appendage, has a tuberous structure. Its danger in metastasizing to distant organs. For treatment, surgical treatment and radiotherapy of pelvic lymph nodes are indicated to prevent relapses.
Resection of the appendage is carried out under local anesthesia. The surgeon dissects the scrotum and the testicles, leads the testicle into the prepared hole and removes its appendage. The operation is carried out as carefully as possible, so as not to damage the testicle vessels.
After excision, the vas deferens are bandaged. The envelope of the appendage is fixed to the testis, the wound is sutured and drainage is put. A pressure bandage is applied, which gives the body an elevated position.
The recovery period lasts 5-7 days. The patient is prescribed antibiotics to prevent postoperative complications of an infectious nature. The forecast is favorable.
Resection of testicles in men
To carry out a testicle resection in men, there must be serious reasons. Surgical treatment requires an urgent need. Most often, the operation is associated with such factors:
In addition to the above cases, surgery is performed with sex change, and also as a radical contraceptive. The operation can be carried out in various ways. When choosing a method of treatment, the risk of side effects and possible prognosis are taken into account.