If the birthmark on the labia is the cause of discomfort, both physiological and aesthetic, then you need to contact a dermatovenereologist or gynecologist. Treatment depends on the results of the diagnosis (examination with dermatoscope, histology, biopsy). As a rule, for therapy use such methods: surgical, radio-wave and laser.
Let's consider the basic methods of treatment:
- Cryodestruction - the outgrowth is treated with liquid nitrogen, which leads to its death. In place of the wound, a thin film forms, under which a healthy epidermis is formed. The main advantage of this method is that it does not leave scarring, does not affect healthy tissue and does not cause pain.
- Electrocoagulation - removal occurs with exposure to high temperatures. With the help of a special tool, the doctor cauterizes the growth. During the procedure, no bleeding occurs, but only large formations can be removed, since it causes painful sensations.
- Laser removal is a popular method, involving the use of laser beams on any part of the body. Radiation penetrates deep into the skin, does not leave scars or burns. It is not used to treat large pigmented growths.
- Radiosurgery - the affected area is exposed to a radioactive directional beam. Radiation removes the mole, but in the place of its application remains a radiation burn, which turns into a scar. The procedure does not cause bleeding, has disinfectant properties. Suitable for removing small nevi.
If there are large birthmarks on the surface of the genital organs, then they are removed only surgically. This procedure is painful, therefore it is conducted under anesthesia and lasts about an hour. For small skin outgrowths, the radio wave method or electrocoagulation is most often used.
To treat a birthmark on the labia is possible and necessary, but many patients refuse to do this, resorting to more radical methods. Medicines do not act as fast as laser or cryodestruction, but they can achieve the desired results. For treatment apply special ointments, tonics and solutions, which in most cases act the same. Medicines have the following properties:
- Destruction of the epidermis
- Anti-inflammatory and antiseptic action
- Antimicrobial and regenerative action
- Deep and normalizing skin relief properties
Consider a number of drugs used to treat intimate moles:
An external drug that causes mummification and devitalization of altered tissues. Issued in the form of a solution in ampoules of 0.2 ml.
- Indications for use: treatment of benign surface changes in skin integuments, nevi, plantar warts, genital warts, seborrheic keratosis and actinokeratosis
- The treatment is performed by a doctor or medical personnel, it is not recommended to apply the solution to the skin on your own. In the kit with ampoules there is a special applicator (tube). With its help, the solution is applied directly to the site of the lesion, having pre-treated the skin with alcohol. After applying the solution, it is necessary to wait for it to dry. After 3-5 minutes the treated area will assume a yellow or whitish-gray color. If this does not happen, then the procedure is repeated. At a time, you can process no more than 4-5 nevuses with a total area of 4-5 cm. For a complete removal of the build-up, there are enough pairs of procedures that are carried out with an interval of 4 weeks.
- Side effects occur when the solution hits the mucous membranes. Perhaps temporary redness or the appearance of an ischemic ring around the treated area. These reactions do not require elimination. But if there are pronounced skin reactions that do not pass by themselves, then they use steroidal or anesthetic ointments. Inaccurate use of the product can cause skin burns. When it gets into the eyes or mucous membranes, they are washed with 1% sodium bicarbonate solution or pure water.
- Solkoderm is contraindicated in: malignant skin lesions prone to metastasis, to remove freckles and keloid scars, with increased formation of scar tissue. The solution is not recommended for use during pregnancy, as there are risks of developing serious adverse reactions.
- In case of an overdose, that is, when applying a large amount of solution to healthy tissues, ulcers and burns can develop. For their treatment, the standard therapy for such injuries is shown.
Ointment on a plant basis to remove moles, warts and papillomas. The composition of the drug includes the collection of herbal inflorescences and roots, due to which high penetrating ability is stipulated. Before applying the product on the skin, the vial with the ointment should be thoroughly shaken. The drug is applied to birthmarks 30-60 minutes before sleep, since after treatment the treated area is contraindicated to be wet for 4 hours. The procedure is carried out once a day until the defect is completely removed.
A drug with a high concentration of phenol, which causes coagulation of the protein structures of the skin. Appliques cauterize the skin, causing detachment of the build-up. Since the drug has a strong coagulating effect, it provokes the destruction of viral cells. The medicine is used to remove papillomas, genital warts, keratomas, warts, that is, skin defects that can be confused with a nevus. The solution is applied with the help of appliqués. As a rule, 5 procedures are necessary to completely remove a defect.
Side effects are manifested in the form of allergic reactions and a small edema at the site of application. If the product gets on healthy tissue, a burn is possible. It is contraindicated to use for the removal of pigment nevi, growths on the mucous membranes, hypersensitivity to the components of the drug, for the treatment of children and extensive skin lesions. In case of an overdose, a burn of tissues develops, for the treatment of which symptomatic therapy is indicated.
Immunomodulator of topical application with active substance is imiquimod. After applying a single dose of cream on the skin, it is quickly absorbed, and a small amount of it enters the systemic bloodstream, is excreted by the kidneys without delay.
- Indications for use: treatment of papillomas and genital warts on the external genitalia and perianal region in patients of adult age. It is contraindicated to use with intolerance of components and for treatment of patients younger than 18 years.
- The cream is applied a thin layer on the cleaned surface of the build-up until it is completely absorbed. The procedure is carried out 3 times a week, preferably at bedtime, as the medicine can not be washed off for 6-10 hours. The product should not be applied under the bandage and used for longer than 16 weeks.
- External application does not cause a systemic overdose, since Aldara has a low absorption. Use during pregnancy is not recommended, but it is possible only if the benefit to the mother is higher than the potential risks to the fetus.
- Side effects are rare. Patients may experience allergic reactions, skin burning and itching. To eliminate local manifestations, the cream should be washed off with soap and water and continued therapy.
All drugs are used only for medical purposes. The dermatologist selects the most effective and safe remedy and gives recommendations on its use.
An alternative to classical medicine is alternative treatment. It is used for many problems, including for birthmarks on the labia. Consider the popular recipes used to treat nevi:
- Every day, apply honey to the pigmented formation, this will help discolor it. The juice of onions has the same properties. Care should be taken when using it, as it is possible to get a mucus burn.
- Castor oil is effective not only with moles, but also with papillomas. Apply the oil daily in the morning and evening. The desired effect comes in a month of regular procedures.
- Mix 100 ml of apple cider vinegar with 5 drops of lemon essential oil. The mixture must be applied to the nevus 2 times a day, preferably in the morning and at bedtime.
- Black radish peel and chop into a gruel. The product is applied to the skin 3-4 times a day until the defect disappears completely.
- 1-2 cloves garlic chop, mix with a spoonful of vinegar and flour. The result should be a tight dough. Take a plaster and make a hole in it for the size of a birthmark, this will protect healthy tissue. Glue the patch on the skin, and on the mole, attach the dough, pasted on top with another plaster. After 1-2 days, remove the bandage.
- Sour the apple sour on a fine grater and mix with honey 1: 1. Well spread the mole with this mixture and cover it with a band-aid, leaving it for the night. The procedure should be carried out within three days.
Use the above described recipes without consulting a doctor is not recommended. Since inaccurate treatment or accidental injury to intimate nevi can lead to serious consequences.
To remove moles on different parts of the body use a variety of methods, but special attention should be paid to the treatment of herbs. Consider the effective recipes of herbal medicine:
- In the flowering season of dandelions, dig out the root of the plant. It must be thoroughly rinsed and crushed into a gruel. The received means to apply in the form of a compress to a nevus for 1-2 hours. With regular procedures, after 7-10 days, it begins to dry out and disappears.
- The juice of celandine grass is the most popular remedy for the treatment of pigmented neoplasms. Cut off the stem of the plant and apply the juice on the growth, during the procedure it is recommended to tie the nevus with a thread and pull it down as it dries. With the correct and accurate use of this method, even large birthmarks will come off within a month.
- Grind fresh squeezed milk and put compress on the site of the lesion. On the formation can be applied the juice of the plant, which is released when pruning the stem. For treatment 3-4 procedures are carried out.
- Extract of grape and grapefruit bones suitable for discoloration of flat moles. Paint a mixture of extracts 1-2 times a day for a week.
Treatment with herbs, as well as methods of alternative medicine should be coordinated with the attending physician.
The surgical method of treatment of a nevus is the most common method that does not require special equipment, but it has good results. Operative treatment is often used to remove convex and hanging moles on the labia. The procedure is carried out with large neoplasmous neoplasms.
Excision is performed with a scalpel. The doctor makes a fringing incision with the capture of healthy skin and the surface layer of cellulose. The very birthmark is excised, and the wound formed is sutured with a cosmetic suture. The removed tissues are sent for histology. The whole point of the method is to get rid of the defect in one procedure, having warned its malignant degeneration.
There are a number of indications for the operation:
- Nevuses of the big sizes
- Presence or suspicion of an oncological process
- The spill disintegrated into several parts
- Frequent trauma
- Cosmetic problems
Surgical treatment has no contraindications, but it will not be carried out if the patient has genital herpes, infectious or inflammatory diseases. Despite the safety and effectiveness of the surgical method, it has disadvantages:
- Risk of formation of keloid scars and scars
- Long rehabilitation period
- After the procedure, it is contraindicated in the sun
- The use of anesthesia: for adults, local, and for children of general
After the procedure, the patient is given advice on the care of the wound. Daily the skin needs to be treated with hydrogen peroxide and apply an ointment with an antibiotic under the bandage or plaster. Perform procedures before the wound is fully healed. If the medical recommendations are not observed, complications can arise: infection, the appearance of new pigment spots, scars and keloid scars.