Rehabilitation period: what can or can not be done after removal of the birthmark
Observance of certain rules during the rehabilitation period avoids such problems as inflammatory reactions, ugly scars and hyperpigmentation of the skin. For this reason, the doctor's recommendations must be strictly observed. In order to explain how to behave after the procedure for removing the birthmark, we will answer the most frequent questions of patients.
- How does the mole heal after removal?
After removal of the birthmark with a laser, the healing takes place quite quickly, since the integrity of the skin during the procedure is practically not disturbed. The surface of the skin resembles a small burn, having the appearance of a red speck, without the formation of bubbles and necrotic layers. This speck gets a natural color and heals already for 4-5 days without the formation of scars.
The longest period of healing is observed after removal of the nevus surgically, as this causes maximum damage to the surface tissues and seams are superimposed. Healing of this kind takes place in three stages:
- postoperative edema, redness, pain;
- resorption of blood clots, necrotic tissues, self-cleaning of the wound, granulation and growth of epithelial tissue;
- final regeneration - scar formation and epithelialization.
The duration of complete tightening and each stage separately depends on the depth and size of the wound, on the patient's immunity and on the presence of complications. Often the processing of the postoperative wound and the degree of grooming are critical.
Healing of the wound after the electrocoagulation procedure takes place under the scab - a dark brown crust consisting of a dried mixture of blood and lymph fluid. After self-falling off of the crust, a surface covered with fresh epithelial tissue opens.
- How is care after removal of a mole?
Special treatment of the skin area after removal of the birthmark is necessary only after a surgical operation. The doctor will prescribe the use of antiseptic solutions and regular dressings. This treatment will need to continue a few days after the removal of stitches.
If the wound healing occurs under the scab, additional processing may not be necessary: it is enough to observe hygiene rules, do not wet the wound, avoid exposure to ultraviolet light and in no case try to remove the crust yourself.
- What can not be done after removing the birthmark?
After the procedure for removing the birthmark, you can not:
- to remain in the sun;
- use lotions, creams and other cosmetics in the area of removal;
- scratch, scratch the place of interference;
- to allow friction of the wound against clothing.
- Can I sunbathe after removing my birthmark?
Sunbathing after the procedure to remove the mole is not recommended, as this can cause the appearance of a pigmented spot. Avoid the sun's rays until the area of the removed skin heals and does not acquire a natural color. This prohibition applies to both sun exposure and solarium.
- Can I take alcohol after removing my birthmark?
The prohibition on alcohol intake may be due to the following reasons:
- It is undesirable to drink alcohol if the doctor after the appointment has prescribed antibiotics or other drugs inside;
- Some types of anesthesia (including local anesthesia) are not combined with alcohol intake);
- the removal of a birthmark can present a certain stress for a person, so alcohol can become an additional burden on a weakened organism;
- It is believed that some liquor (for example, beer, liqueurs, champagne, dessert wines) slow down the restoration of tissues.
Among other things, excessive consumption of alcohol can lead to accidental damage to the seam or the scab, which can provoke bleeding, the development of inflammation, etc.
- Can I wash myself after removing my birthmark?
After removing the mole, you can wash yourself, after gluing the damaged skin with a waterproof plaster. To wet a wound it is impossible until the complete epithelization of the process.
- Can I go to the bath after removing the birthmark?
Visiting a sauna or sauna after the removal of a mole is not recommended, as this can lead to infection of the process and create difficulties with wound healing.
- Than to process a skin after excision of a birthmark?
Most often after the removal procedure it is recommended to use such antiseptic solutions as hydrogen peroxide, brilliant green solution, furacilin solution, fucocin, etc. This question should be clarified with your doctor.
- Will manganese fit after removing the mole?
A solution of potassium permanganate can also be used to wash the wound. To do this, it is necessary to dilute the powder in water until a pink liquid is obtained. Dark saturated solutions should not be used in order not to get a chemical burn and not to aggravate the situation.
- Can I use baneocin after removing my birthmark?
To accelerate the healing of the wound, you can use the drug baneocin, but not as an ointment, but in the form of a powder. Powder is sprinkled with wound after pre-treatment with hydrogen peroxide. This treatment can be repeated several times a day, but not more than one week in a row.
- Is the ointment used after removal of the mole?
Healing ointments can be used only a few days after the procedure, and only after approval by the doctor. Many ointments prevent oxygen from entering the wound, thereby worsening healing and prolonging the regeneration process.
- Can I use solcoseryl after removing my birthmark?
Ointment solkoseril stimulates metabolic processes in tissues, contributing to their rapid recovery. The drug can be applied only on a dry wound surface a few days after removal of the nevus, when the surface epithelial layer is already formed.
- What is a band-aid after the removal of a birthmark?
Indeed, there are special plasters that prevent contamination of the wound and its infection. The patch is applied to the seam area or directly to the wound. When choosing this tool, you should consider the following points:
- the plaster should be "breathing" and let oxygen pass to the wound surface;
- should not cause allergies;
- It should be easily removed from the skin without leaving traces of glue and without causing irritation.
The most popular types of such healing patches are Cosmopor, Fixopor S, Hudrofilm.
Usually, the period of healing of the skin at the removal sites is 2-3 weeks, but completely aesthetic appearance will be restored in about 1-2 months. If the removal of moles was carried out because of suspicion of malignant degeneration, then after the procedure it is necessary to submit the material for histological examination, on which further treatment depends.