Tablets from muscle pain can be produced in different dosages and have a different mechanism of action, depending on the main ingredients. All such tablets can be divided into the following categories:
- analgesic tablets from the category of non-narcotic analgesics;
- tablets from pain from a series of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs;
- narcotic painkillers.
Tablets are considered one of the most convenient forms of a drug: they are comfortable to take in any conditions, even being out of the house, and can also be dosed by dividing the tablet into two or four parts.
Some tablets have a soluble coating: such preparations can not be broken and crushed, otherwise they will not have the desired therapeutic effect.
Names of tablets from muscle pain
Tablets from muscle pain are selected depending on its cause, or depending on the stage of the inflammatory process.
- Pain pills, which are representatives of non-narcotic analgesics, facilitate the condition of the victim and at the same time have a minimum harm to other organs - albeit only on condition of short-term use. The effect of eliminating pain in these drugs can be different. For example, such tablets as Analgin or Sulpirin will relieve pain of moderate intensity, but with severe pain they can not cope. In more complex cases, often resort to the appointment of drugs based on ketorolac - this is Ketanov, Ketoprofen, Ketolong, Ketalgin. The strongest drugs are those with the active ingredient lornoxicam: these are medications such as Xefokam or Larix.
- Tablets from the category of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs have quite pronounced side effects: especially often patients complain of complications from the digestive organs. That's why the course of such drugs is often prescribed in combination with medications that protect the mucous membrane of the digestive tract. Plus, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory pills are that, in addition to pain, they successfully cope with its frequent cause - an inflammatory process. Bright representatives of such drugs are: Diclofenac, Nimesulide, Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, Celecoxib, Meloxicam, Indomethacin.
- Tablets from pain from the category of drugs are prescribed only by a doctor - they are taken only as an exception for a short period of time, under the supervision of a doctor, and only with very severe pain. Typical representatives of such medications are tablets Promedol and Tramadol.
In difficult cases of muscle pain, a doctor can prescribe such drugs that combine a number of active ingredients that have a multidirectional effect. Combinations of different mechanisms of action give a good and more lasting result.
Tablets from pain in joints and muscles
Pain in the joints and muscles is often combined together. Of course, the patient will not take the medication separately for the joints, and separately - for the health of the muscles. However, in such cases, any doctor will insist on complex treatment, using not only tablets, but also ointments, or other types of therapy. Often prescribe physiotherapy treatment, manual therapy, exercise therapy.
The emphasis is on drugs that eliminate the cause of pain directly. For example, to block the development of the inflammatory process, anti-inflammatory drugs (most often non-steroid drugs) will be needed, and muscle relaxants (Miodocalm) are used to reduce muscle tone.
In some cases, in order to calm the pain in the muscles, pills are used, and injections are injected into the joints, thus it is possible to act directly on the inflammatory focus.
In any case, the treatment depends on the results of the diagnosis: use pain medications until you get information about the cause of the pain should not be.
Tablets from muscle pain after exercise
Pain in the muscles at the end of training can appear both in the beginner and in the athlete with experience - most often this indicates a muscle strain. Such pains usually appear on the 2-3 days and go through about the same amount of time. If the pain is retained for more than five days, or even increases, then it is more logical to consult a doctor - the cause of such pain may be damage to muscle fibers.
If the cause of the pain is still overexertion, then for starters, you can try to get rid of it without pills: for example, a hot salted bath, massage, iodine nets, and a banal rest helps a lot, because muscles need some time to recover.
If you can not do without painkillers, then you can take Acetaminophen or Ibuprofen - these drugs are effective and fast. Usual single dose of these medicines - 1-2 tablets.
Tablets from leg pain
Muscles in the legs may be sore for many reasons, and not all of these causes are eliminated by taking the pills from the pain. If the muscles in the legs get sick after training, then in some situations, the taking of tablets can be justified. However, pain in the legs may be associated with diseases of the vessels (in particular, the veins of the lower extremities), and with nerve diseases, and even with the pathology of the spinal column. Therefore, do not take pills from muscle pain, if such pain does not recede for five days.
You need to seek medical advice if the pain in your legs is accompanied by cramps, swelling and redness of certain areas on your legs, swelling of the veins, and in situations where the pain in your legs is sharp and does not allow you to walk normally.
In order to relieve pain in the muscles of the legs, the most commonly used tablets are from the category of non-steroid anti-inflammatory drugs. They gently eliminate not only pain, but also a concomitant inflammatory process. A good effect is provided by medicines Ketorolac, Nimesulid, Efferalgan, Naise. The listed preparations have a mass of contraindications, therefore before their reception it is necessary to closely look through the instruction, or even better - to consult the doctor.
Tablets from pain in the muscles of the back
Pain in the muscles on the back is most often associated with spasm - this is a common phenomenon, and for people of any age and type of activity.
Such pain usually arises abruptly, especially in those people who have such problems as curvature of the spine, osteochondrosis, intervertebral hernia, etc.
In such situations, muscle relaxant pills come to the rescue - they eliminate the tension of muscle fibers by affecting specific CNS sections.
The most popular tablets in this category are:
- Flexeril, etc.
Take these pills strictly in accordance with the instructions, since they have a significant number of adverse events.
Painful pain reliever tablets
With pain in the muscles, number one tablets are non-narcotic analgesics - drugs that have a rapid analgesic effect. The most common medicines of this group are:
- Metamizol sodium (Analgin, Baralgin) - it is prescribed for moderate pain. Metamizole can completely eliminate pain for 3-6 hours.
- Acetylsalicylic acid (Aspirin) - is used for minor pain.
- Ketorolac (Ketolong, Ketoprofen, Ketanov) is a strong anesthetic drug that eliminates even severe pain by about 7 hours.
- Dexketoprofen (Dexalgin) is a strong remedy, reminiscent of Ketorolac.
- Lornoxicam (Larfix, Xsefokam) is the most powerful remedy in this group of medicines, which eliminates even high-intensity pain for a fairly long period (8-9 hours).
Next, we will consider the pharmacological and other properties of tablets from muscle pain using the example of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.