Pale skin is a light complexion, caused by a number of reasons. Normally, a healthy complexion is considered to be pink. Such complexion indicates that blood microcirculation in the skin is carried out normally, without any disorders.
If certain dysfunctions are observed in human organism, they affect the quality of blood circulation in the skin. Blood begins to come into the skin in limited amount; this leads to face and body discoloration - they become pale.
One might say, that except genetic characteristics the cause of paleness of skin without disturbing the state of the person’s health, a very light skin color is the result of complex disorders in the organism.
A specific feature of the pale skin is intolerance to suntan procedures, because it is very gentle and does not tolerate harmful environmental factors. Those having light skin should beware of long stay under the scorching summer sun, and are the main consumers of protection substances against the sun rays and burns in the summer.
The pale skin color can be made more attractive by emphasizing it with certain hair color and makeup, as well as the appropriate shades of clothing. If the white skin causes many troubles to beautiful ladies, then it is always possible to make it darker with the help of solarium, as well as using special home-made masks and cosmetics of industrial production.
Causes of pale skin
Causes of pale skin are often to be found in not following a healthy lifestyle. The factors that cause skin paleness include:
- Poor, unbalanced monotonous diet, which lacks sufficient useful components to maintain the function of haemopoiesis, as well as the optimal vital activity of the body.
- Smoking tobacco.
- Abuse of alcoholic beverages.
- Unfavorable environmental conditions in the place of residence, poor quality of air, water and soil.
- Constant staying indoors, especially with a frowzy and smoky air. Lack of regular fresh air and exercise, especially in parks and squares during a long time.
- Permanent and long-term stresses, which destabilize the entire person’s organism and cause a variety of psychosomatic illnesses.
- A strong single emotional shock.
Pale skin is also a symptom of diseases, which the person has. Most often, skin paleness is caused by the presence of iron deficiency anemia in the organism, which is accompanied by constant weakness, fatigue and feeling of lack of air. Anemia in women is most often caused by prolonged and severe menstrual bleeding, which affects the color of the skin. Also, iron deficiency anemia is accompanied by such diseases as gastric and duodenal ulcer, hemorrhoids and colon tumors.
Pale skin is observed under the following conditions:
- Sometimes when there is a fever due to generalized vascular spasm of the dermal vessels the skin may turn pale (the so-called pale fever). In case of pale fever use of physical cooling methods are unacceptable.
- In people with labile autonomic nervous system redness and skin blanching may alternate as a result of tone fluctuations and hence filling small arteries and arterioles of the skin with blood.
- Permanent and more often increasing paleness of skin occurs with a decrease in hemoglobin in the blood (anemia), for example, at acute hemorrhage or various blood diseases.
- Whitening of the fingertips skin due to vasospasms, provoked by cold or negative emotions, and accompanied by a feeling of numbness (symptom of "dead fingers") is observed in Raynaud's syndrome.
Taking a large amount of aspirin as a medicament can also lead to discoloration of the skin, and its lightening. Lack of ascorbic acid in the organism also causes paleness of skin.
In some cases, pale skin is caused by heredity, which is a distinctive feature of the person, and is not associated with any disease. To verify the absence of dysfunctions of the body, it is necessary to evaluate the color of the mucous membranes and nails. If with severe pallor of the skin, the mucous membranes and nails are of normal color, it is indicative of the healthy state of the human organism.
Pale skin as a sign of the disease
In some cases, the presence of a very light skin is indicating a disease in the organism.
When the skin is pale, the tone of vessels, with which the skin is penetrated, changes. As a result, blood microcirculation is disrupted, causing skin lightening. Reducing the amount of hemoglobin in the blood is also the cause of a lighter tone in certain diseases. Low content of red blood cells in the peripheral blood in the case of certain diseases also appears in the form of the increasing pallor.
Pale skin as a sign of the disease, appears in case of many diseases, such as:
- Iron deficiency anemia.
- Congenital heart disease.
- Heart failure.
- Myocardial infarction.
- Hypertensive heart disease.
- Paroxysmal tachycardia.
- Candidal endocarditis.
- Celiac disease.
- Multiple myeloma.
- Hodgkin's granuloma (lymphomatoid granulomatosis).
- Crohn's disease of the large intestine.
- Crohn's disease of the small intestine.
- Disorders of the absorption functions in the intestine.
- Ulcerative colitis.
- Acute hemorrhagic gastritis.
- Stomach ulcer.
- Duodenal ulcer.
- Perforation of the esophagus.
- Acute pancreatitis.
- Diaphragmatic hernia.
- Acute amoebic dysentery.
- Hookworm disease.
- Amoebic lung abscess.
- Pulmonary tuberculosis.
- Diffuse membranous glomerulonephritis.
- Nephrotic syndrome.
Pale skin and dark circles under eyes
Pale skin and dark circles under eyes are signs of bad health and dysfunction of the organism.
What could cause such a combination?
- First of all, these phenomena may be caused by fatigue. Owners of such defects most likely do not get much sleep, sit up very late for work or play the computer; they are burdened with taking care of small children and countless household chores. All this disturbs the natural healthy sleep cycle, prevents enough sleeping and recovering the organism. A large amount of work and intense, without the possibility to relax, rhythm of life provokes the change in appearance not for the better.
- Pale skin in combination with dark circles under eyes can be caused by a permanent stay indoors without the possibility of regular outdoor exercise. This lifestyle develops in cases when women have dedicated their lives to the work or simply lead a home based, sedentary lifestyle. Oxygen insufficiency leads to decrease in the level of hemoglobin in the blood, that affects the appearance.
- Incorrect, poor of nutrients diet provokes the appearance of dark circles under the eyes. Fast food and large amounts of salt, condiments and spices abuse cause digestive problems. Malfunctions of the digestive tract lead to disorder of the internal organs and tissues functioning.
- Alcohol and smoking abuse also negatively affect the appearance and health of the fair sex.
- Dark circles under eyes appear in certain diseases of internal organs. They include diseases of cardiovascular and urinary systems:
- vascular dystonia, hypertension, heart defects of congenital and acquired nature, chronic and acute heart failure;
- pyelonephritis, autoimmune renal diseases, glomerulonephritis.
Stagnation of fluids in the organism, which is observed in such diseases, provokes its accumulation mainly in the subcutaneous fatty tissue of the eyelids. In this connection proper blood circulation in the blood vessels is disturbed, that leads to the appearance of dark circles.
- Persistent colds provoke swelling under eyes due to constant intoxication of the organism. If headache, fever and dark circles under eyes joined this symptom, we can say with confidence that these are inflamed sinuses during sinusitis, frontitis and polysinusitis.
- One of the causes of appearance of permanent dark circles under eyes is hereditary factors. When the skin around the eyes is thin and pale, vessels, located close to the skin, give the impression of the dark circles under eyes. Such features of appearance are often transmitted genetically.
Pale skin of a child
Sometimes mothers begin to worry that their child has got pale skin. The easiest way to find out whether the baby is sick or not, is to consult a doctor. The specialist will examine the condition of the mucous membranes of the mouth and eyes of the child, and will pay attention to the color of his nails. If all inspected integuments are of normal color, and the child does not show flabbiness and weakness, eats and sleeps well, the baby is considered quite healthy. Perhaps pale skin is caused by the hereditary factors or insufficient amount of sun during winter.
The presence of other disturbing symptoms, in addition to strong paleness, may signal about detection of certain diseases.
- If the child is already six months - two years old, and in addition to the pale skin, he worries his parents with petulance and easy fatigability, anemia may be suspected.
- The presence of dark circles under eyes with light skin may indicate an allergy, diseases of the urinary and cardiovascular systems.
- If in addition to pale skin the baby has bruising in various parts of the body, such strangeness may indicate on blood diseases.
If any disturbing symptoms are observed, it is necessary to take a medical advice of a pediatrician, who will be able to appoint the necessary examination and appropriate treatment.
Pale skin in infants
Pale skin in infants is a bluish tint streaked with capillaries in the form of spots or reticular pattern. Such skin is called marmoreal. And more often it appears on the hands and legs of the baby.
The cause of the marmoreal skin is considered insufficient maturity of vegetative-vascular system of the baby. Changes in temperature cause such a reaction of the child, as his body has not yet adapted to the environmental changes. Blood vessels and capillaries, which are close to the skin, actively expand and contract, that gives the skin a strange marmoreal coloring. In this case the mother should not worry, and wait till the baby is six months old, when similar symptoms completely disappear.
The physiological, i.e. natural marbling of the skin also occurs in premature babies. This is absolutely normal and will disappear by a certain term.
In some cases, a marmoreal skin indicates on the presence of certain diseases of the child, namely, congenital heart disease, rickets, anemia, intracranial hypertension, perinatal encephalopathy and genetic diseases of different spectrum.
In any case, if pallor or marbling of the skin is observed in the child, it is advisable to consult a pediatrician who can correctly identify the causes of such cutaneous manifestations.
Solarium for pale skin
It is known that fair skin is sensitive to ultraviolet light. Therefore, owners of pale skin should use the solarium with caution.
There are a few rules that will help make the solarium for the pale skin safe:
- For the first sessions it is necessary to visit the solarium once or twice a week for three minutes.
- After the skin acquires a little swarthiness, it is possible to increase the duration of the procedures up to five minutes. At the same time, if there is some discomfort, you need to reduce the time spent under ultraviolet light to three minutes as before.
- When you visit the solarium, you must use special makeup for fair skin. It contains special moisturizing agents, for example, oils and vitamins. Adding amino acids will help achieve the dark skin tone in a shorter period of time.
- It is not necessary to use cosmetics for solarium with bronzer as it can leave stains on very light skin. Besides, cosmetics without bronzers, allows people with light skin to get tanned easier.
Masks for pale skin
One part of milk is mixed with two parts of flour and is applied to the face. After that, the mask is left on the face until dry, and then it is washed off with warm water. Then it is necessary to apply a moisturizer to the skin.
- Potato masks are an excellent means of lightening the skin. Put peeled and cut into slices potatoes on your face, capturing all the areas of the skin. If time permits, you can grate the potatoes and make a paste for application to the skin. Mask is kept for fifteen minutes, and then is washed off with warm water and moisturizing cream is applied.
- Tomato is considered a good bleaching agent. In order to prepare a bleach mixture you should grind a few tomatoes into a paste, add ten drops of lemon juice to them and then intermix everything thoroughly. The resulting mass is applied to the face and is left for fifteen minutes. In order the effect of the mask to be perceptible, it is necessary to use it for fifteen days in a row without a break.
- Almond mask is also well suited for brightening procedures. It is prepared as follows. Handful of almonds is soaked in water overnight, then in the morning almonds are grinded into a paste and mixed with honey or milk. The resulting mass is applied to the face and neck and left until dry. Then it is necessary to scrape off the hardened paste and wash it off with cold water. At the end of the procedure you should apply a moisturizing cream to the face and neck.
- The use of mint paste also helps achieve the desired light-colored skin. It is prepared as follows: fresh mint leaves are crushed into small mass and applied to the face. Twenty minutes later, the mask is washed off with cold water, and then moisturizer is applied to the face.
- Whitening mask can be made from cucumber. For this, one cucumber is taken, cut into slices, some of which are left for the mask, while from others the juice is squeezed. Cucumber slices are rubbed into the skin and then cucumber juice is applied to the face. The resulting mask is left for the night and then washed off with water in the morning. Cucumber juice is good for smoothing the skin and making it more natural.
- Lemon-cucumber mask also has good effect. For its preparation one lemon and one cucumber are needed. It is necessary to squeeze the juice from the fruit, then mix and apply to face. Fifteen minutes later, wash it off your face with water and apply moisturizer. If necessary, the mask may be applied to the body.
- For whitening you can prepare a "delicious" mask. One tablespoon of cooked oatmeal, one tablespoon of yogurt and one tablespoon of tomato puree are taken. All components are mixed and then applied to the face and left for fifteen minutes. Then mask is washed off with cold water, and in the end of the procedure moisturizer is applied to the face. In addition to lightening the face mask makes the face skin velvety and smooth.
What is to be done if you’ve got pale skin?
First of all, if the owner of pale skin is not satisfied with its color, it is necessary to ask relatives, whether it is a hereditary skin tone. If in some or many members of the family tree light skin was observed, do not worry about your health, but simply use makeup, special masks and solarium to make the skin darker.
But if the porcelain skin color was the privilege of a single lady, and not of a lot of relatives, it is necessary to see a doctor for consultation and undergo a special examination. Since the very light skin color can cause a large number of diseases. After that, it is necessary to undergo therapy course aimed at treatment of identified dysfunctions of the organism.
It happens that pale skin was the result of an unhealthy lifestyle. What is to be done in this situation, if pale skin does not suit its possessor? There are several ways to improve the complexion, while at the same time, also your own health:
- Every day you must have time for outdoor activities. It is best to walk during the daytime, to satiate the skin with ultraviolet light and give it a natural tan. It is also recommended to organize a walk in oxygenated locations, such as parks and squares, on the landscape, in the river reservoirs. Hemoglobin, which is responsible for the healthy complexion, is called the "oxygen" iron, that is, for its synthesis in the body a sufficient supply of oxygen is needed.
- It is necessary to make nutrition more complete. For these purpose fresh vegetables, herbs and fruits should be included to the daily diet. The gifts of nature contain the majority of vitamins and minerals which are necessary for the body to maintain health.
- You can increase the level of hemoglobin affecting the color of the skin with the help of certain foodstuffs:
- Dried apricots, raisins, prunes, figs, walnuts, lemon and honey in equal parts are taken. Everything is thoroughly grinded and mixed. The resulting mixture is put into a glass jar with a lid and stored in a refrigerator. The «medicine" is taken twice a day, in the morning and evening, two tablespoons twenty-thirty minutes before eating.
- Beetroot-apple juice is a tasty and healthy drink. One part of the beetroot and three parts of apple are taken; everything is passed through a juicer and immediately consumed. The beverage is used in a dose of one glass twice a day fifteen minutes before meals. You can use carrot - beetroot - apple juice, then the correlation of the fruit is the following: two parts of carrots, one part of beetroots, and two parts of apples.
- Healthy sleep is the best beauty product for women. You must go to bed every night before eleven o'clock, and even better – before ten, because the time from ten o'clock in the evening to two in the morning is considered to be the most useful for recovery. It is necessary to sleep for at least eight hours a day, and young women need even nine - ten hours for sleeping.
- It is necessary to give up the habit to stay in smoke-filled rooms, and also in rooms with musty air. It is recommended to ventilate the workplace and home dwelling at least twice a day.
- Smoking is an unhealthy habit, which disrupts proper blood circulation. As a result, the smoker gets a plenty of diseases, including unhealthy or pale skin color. To acquire healthy external appearance, all you need is to part with this addiction.
How to get rid of pale skin?
Many owners of light skin are tormented by the question: how to get rid of pale skin? There are means, which can be used to achieve improved color of the face and body. Here are some of them:
- The time-tested and well-proven remedy is the use of carrots. For these purpose the carrot juice is used, with which the skin should be cleaned twice a day.
- If there is a desire to give the skin a tanning effect, compresses with grated carrots, wrapped in gauze can be applied to the facial skin. This procedure should be performed three times a week, twice a day.
- A mixture of carrot juice and glycerin gives the pale skin a tan tingle. It is necessary to take two tablespoons of carrot juice and one teaspoon of glycerin. Wipe your face with the resulting mixture every day in the morning and evening.
- To improve the complexion you can use mask of apples and carrots. For these purposes, take apples and carrots equally; rub them on a grater and mix. The resulting mass should be applied to the face evenly, and fifteen minutes later washed off with cold water. After that, the skin is moisturized with the appropriate face cream. Regular use of the mask will provide the skin with a healthy appearance and light blush.
- Make good use of the frozen green tea cubes. It is necessary to wipe the face with them every morning after washing. You can also just wash your face with the infusion of green tea every morning.
Celebrities with pale skin
Adoration of the celebrities from the silver screen and the entertainment industry has introduced the fashion for porcelain skin. In the modeling industry fashion models with the pale complexion and body have gained particular popularity. The ladies from the rank and fashion are also beginning to pay more attention to skin lightening than spending time in the solarium.
Celebrities with pale skin are mostly represented by Hollywood, although the European divas also affect the global fascination with pallor. So, the most popular ladies with porcelain skin are Michelle Trachtenberg, Emily Blunt, Isla Fisher, Amy Adams, Anne Hathaway, Dita Von Teese, Cate Blanchett, Nicole Kidman, Christina Hendricks, Julianne Moore, and Diane Kruger.
Pale skin, whatever reasons it is caused by, is always a difference from the usual appearance. Therefore, many women who do not have a similar color of the face and body resort to plenty of tricks to copy their idols, differing with porcelain skin.