What does the general practitioner do?
The general practitioner includes in the scope of his duties the treatment of a variety of diseases, which include:
- oncological pathologies,
- metabolic syndrome,
- excess weight,
- obliterating diseases of the vessels of the lower extremities.
Its task is to identify the presence of probable diseases, as well as the causes of their occurrence. This also includes the selection of preventive measures to prevent the risk of diseases, which are addicted, including the genetic predisposition of the patient. It should be added that a general practitioner is not just a district doctor, but a specialist who takes part in all matters relating to the treatment of certain diseases.
What diseases are treated by a general practitioner?
Despite the "broad" name, a general practitioner does not treat all diseases, but controls and attracts other doctors if his competence does not extend to the patient's existing disease.
Above we have already said that a general practitioner treats oncological pathologies, overweight, atherosclerosis and so on.
As for excess weight, then the therapy is not only aimed at drawing up the right diet, but determining the factor that caused this condition, especially since excess kilograms are a possible disease, for example, abnormal metabolism, hormonal disorders, thyroid problems, mental state and much more.
When should I go to a general practitioner?
General practitioner will help in the presence of all sorts of symptoms, even seemingly, at first glance, insignificant such as a feeling of heaviness or fatigue. Sometimes a provocateur of headaches, which at first sight seem unreasonable, can become a block in the cervical vertebra - it also has a direct relationship to vascular spasms that disrupt the outflow of blood from the head.
But not only for this reason it is recommended to consult a general practitioner. In fact, there are many:
- changes in weight, despite the fact that diet and lifestyle have not changed. These signs are characteristic for various diseases, for example, to cancer diseases or to disorders of the nervous system,
- slurred speech, fatigue, paralysis and stupor of limbs can talk about impending stroke,
- black feces is a possible ulcer or swelling in the stomach or intestine. The change in stool color in this situation occurs on the basis of internal bleeding, which in itself is a dangerous process,
- Meningitis is characterized by a headache that passes into the neck, accompanied by a temperature,
- with a hemorrhage in the brain, there is an exhausting headache.
A general practitioner can help with all these and other symptoms.