What does the cosmetologist do?
The cosmetologist is engaged in the preservation and maintenance of health and youth, which ensures the beauty and attractiveness of the female and male. The cosmetologist works with such matters as - skin integuments and subcutaneous fatty tissue, hair and nails. The cosmetologist does not only correct existing deficiencies, but also treats and prevents various skin, hair and nail diseases.
Medical measures that the cosmetologist uses in his work:
- Conservative methods of therapy. Medicines are used in the form of solutions, ointments, gels, creams, lotions or therapeutic mud. Drugs can be applied to damaged (defective) skin areas or injected (solutions and gels). Often used therapeutic massage, bath or shower.
- Hardware methods of therapy. Medical equipment is used, which provides a deeper effect on the skin.
- Surgical methods of treatment. They are used to eliminate serious defects in the skin and subcutaneous fat:
- scars and adhesions that occurred after burns or surgeries,
- benign lesions on the surface of the skin, as well as in the inner layers (papillomas, nevuses - moles, warts, keratomas, fibromas),
- congenital and acquired defects (for example, deformation of the nose - curvature of the septum of the nose, conduct rhinoplasty, change the shape and / or breast size - do mammoplasty, etc.).
Preventative measures used by a cosmetologist:
- It promotes the maintenance of a healthy lifestyle: balanced rational nutrition, proper distribution of sleep and wakefulness regimes, strengthening of the immune and nervous systems, exercise.
- Selects the best means for daily care for skin, hair and nails, taking into account their individual properties. Uses, as general strengthening measures, lymph drainage, immunostimulating and other types of equipment that do not violate the skin.
In his office, the cosmetologist conducts a survey and examination, if necessary, sends for an additional examination. In the manipulative cosmetologist conducts non-invasive manipulations:
- therapy with broadband impulse light,
- laser influence,
- microcurrent treatment,
- phonophoresis, electrophoresis, UFD, electrical myostimulation,
- hardware treatment of nails in case of non-infectious lesions,
- automated massage (mechanotherapy), vacuum massage,
- cosmetology face cleaning,
- cryomassage and cryogenic irrigation,
- manual medical massage of scalp, face, neck and décolletage,
- hardware skin pilling and surface peeling,
- rubbing medicines into the scalp,
- makes therapeutic masks.
In the procedure room, the cosmetologist performs invasive manipulations:
- injection injection of tissue fillers,
- administration of botulinum toxin,
- carrying out an injection correction of scar tissue,
- median peeling,
- injections of medicines.
What diseases are treated by a cosmetologist?
The cosmetologist is engaged in therapy and prevention of diseases of skin, hair and nails, which has a positive effect on the whole organism. Since the skin covers a barrier function and protects the internal environment of the body from external influences. What diseases are treated by a cosmetologist?
- Acne (disease of the sebaceous glands):
- whiteheads (beggars),
- ordinary acne.
- Demodecosis - the defeat of the skin of the face and the external ear with a mite - acne glandular.
- Withering of the skin (wrinkles).
- Nevus (birthmark).
- Hyperpigmentation of individual skin areas (excess pigment in the skin).
- Skin diseases caused by viruses (papillomas, lichens, warts, herpes).
- Fungal lesions of skin and nails (trichophytosis, epidermophytia, microsporia, etc.).
- Keratosis (skin diseases, in which there is a powerful growth of the horny layer).
- Treads, corns or cracks on the lower limbs in the foot area.
- Hirsutism, hypertrichosis (increased hairiness).
- Different types of scars (keloid, fan-shaped, stellate, hypertrophic).
- Oblasts (inflammation of the skin at the points of contact of the skin surfaces).
- Dermatitis (skin inflammation, including allergic).
- Hemangiomas (benign vascular tumors, most often localized on the face).