Ointments are one of the most convenient forms of release of drugs from papillomas, as this is the only way to directly affect the formation. In addition, a greasy drug usually does not have a systemic effect, which significantly reduces the likelihood of side effects. This point is especially relevant in the treatment of papillomas in children and pregnant women.
The most suitable form of the drug is usually chosen by the doctor, taking into account the particular patient and viral pathology. In addition to ointments, pills often use pills, injections, suppositories and suppositories. It is not recommended to select a drug independently, as the effectiveness of treatment directly depends on this choice.
Names of ointments from papillomas
Antiviral ointments from papillomas:
- Oksolinovaya ointment - an antimicrobial and antiviral agent, which is often used for preventive purposes during influenza epidemics. Ointment is easily perceived by the body, it can be used even for the treatment of children. Papillomas can be lubricated with ointment up to 3 times a day. If ineffectiveness is prescribed a more potent drug;
- ointment Viferon is a drug based on interferon, which explains the antiviral and immunomodulatory abilities of the drug. Viferon is applied to papillomas up to 4 times a day for a week. Sometimes during the treatment, itching and irritation of the skin can occur;
- ointment Panavir is a biologically active drug with a virosostatic effect. Recommended use of Panavir 5 times a day, for 5-10 days. Caution: allergy to the drug is possible.
Ointments based on acids and microelements:
- Salicylic ointment from papillomas is not prescribed as often, since it has a relatively weak bactericidal action, and does not act on viruses at all. Nevertheless, at the initial stages of development, the purpose of the ointment can be justified: it is used for applying three times a day, it is possible to bandage. In papillomas, a 10% preparation is usually used;
- Zinc-salicylic ointment can be used for the treatment of papillomas in connection with the emollient properties of the drug. The tissues of the papilloma are softened and dried, which leads to a decrease in local manifestations of the disease. The drug is applied up to 2 times a day, about a week;
- Zinc ointment from the papillomas allows you to soften and dry the formations, which allows you to get rid of them in the early stages of appearance. The frequency of application of the ointment is three times a day. Side effects are limited to allergies and signs of skin irritation.
Ointments based on natural components (including vegetable):
- Ointment Vishnevsky from papillomas helps with inflammation and suppuration of such formations. Ointment is applied to small areas of the skin, affected by papilloma, twice a day - in the morning and in the evening. Treatment with ointment should not be prolonged, as unwanted rashes and swelling of the tissues may appear;
- ointment Stefalin is a popular remedy for removing unwanted birthmarks, warts and papillomas. The manufacturer guarantees only the herbal composition of the preparation, at the same time the exact number and list of ingredients is not specified. The action of the ointment is based on necrotizing the tissues, because of which it is not recommended to apply the product to a healthy skin zone. As a rule, a single application of the preparation is carried out, after which a burned crust forms on the place of unwanted formation, which eventually disappears. If necessary, reapply the product;
- Chinese ointment from the papillomas of San Fen Zhong has a bactericidal-cauterizing effect, after which a chemical burn is formed at the site of the papilloma. Cautions: it is unacceptable to apply the ointment on extensive skin surfaces, on healthy skin, on mucous membranes, on open wounds and in the eyes. Use the drug should be very, very accurate. The course of therapy can consist of 2-5 applications.
- cow ointment from papillomas - is intended for removal of papillomas in cattle and small domestic animals. Contains salicylic acid and resorcinol. Ointment is used twice a day for 1-2 weeks. Do not take this product inside, and also apply to too large areas of skin.
Other types of ointments:
- Bonofont is an ointment from papillomas on the eyelids, with an active component of bromonaphthoquinone. Ointment is applied for the lower eyelid up to 3 times a day. Usually they practice three five-day courses with intervals between them in two days. Sometimes there may be allergic reactions to the drug;
- Malavit is a biologically active ointment from flat papillomas and condylomas. Reduces the severity of discomfort, eliminates inflammation. Usually the drug is applied twice a day, until the problem disappears completely.
Ointment after removal by papillomas
After removing the papilloma, the doctor tells the patient in detail how to take care of the damaged skin. It is usually recommended to use antiseptic solutions and ointments, which should be applied about three times a day.
A good effect for the restoration of tissues is provided by oil solutions of vitamins A or E, as well as ointments based on hyaluronic acid, which create a kind of protective layer on the damaged skin that does not allow the tissues to dry out.
Less commonly used hormonal ointments - for example, hydrocortisone ointment, which perfectly eliminates the signs of the inflammatory process and promotes rapid healing of the wound.
When forming a dry crust on the site of the wound, it is possible to use Solcoseryl ointment, which promotes early regeneration. Solcoseryl is applied once a day, for a week.