The injections for gout are often prescribed during the period of exacerbation, since the injection form helps to get rid of pain more quickly, because the medicine immediately enters the bloodstream. In especially severe cases, with a pronounced pain syndrome, the injection of the drug can be performed directly in the joint - that is, in the focus of inflammation.
Tinctures for gout are also a popular remedy. However, before taking the tincture inside, it should be borne in mind that alcohol-based products, as well as alcoholic beverages, are highly undesirable for gout. It is better to use the tincture externally: for grinding or compresses.
Decoctions for gout can be taken internally or used for bathing. By the way, the bath perfectly relieve pain and soothe inflamed joints. The water for the procedure should be warm and comfortable for the patient.
Homeopathy with gout usually means the use of plant solutions in a special dilution, which are taken in the form of drops or sublingual tablets. Such drugs take a long time, 1-1,5 months, more often - before meals. Homeopathic remedies act cumulatively, gradually stimulating the body's own forces to fight the disease.
Antibiotics for gout are prescribed to eliminate the inflammatory process. They can be used in a general therapeutic regimen, both in the form of tablets, and in the form of injections (intramuscular or intra-articular).
The form of the preparation is selected, as a rule, taking into account its effectiveness in each specific case. At the same time, the individual characteristics of the patient and the ease of use are taken into account.
Names of medicines for gout
Drugs that inhibit the formation of uric acid or affect its metabolism:
- Allopurinol - this drug acts on the original cause of gout, normalizing the level of uric acid in the bloodstream and tissues of the body. Inflammation is not eliminated, but regular attacks and exacerbations of the disease stop. The drug is taken in an amount of 100 to 300 mg per day according to the individual scheme. Usually treatment lasts at least 2-3 weeks;
- Colchicine is a herbal preparation on the basis of a stretch of cotelessness. The drug facilitates a painful syndrome, especially if it is taken on the first day of an acute period. In this case, it is taken every 60 minutes for 0.5 mg. At a time no more than 1 mg of colchicine is allowed;
- Fullflex is a natural polycomponent drug that is available in the form of capsules or an external ointment. It is successfully used to eliminate inflammation and pain, as well as to lower the level of cholesterol and uric acid. Fullflex is considered one of the safest cures for gout, as it only contains natural ingredients. The drug is taken in the amount of 1 capsule per day, at least a month. Ointment Fullflex rubbed in the morning and at night;
- Blemarene is a means for dissolving urinary deposits, which simultaneously increases the pH level of the urinary fluid. Blamaren is prescribed in the amount of 2-5 tablets per day, dissolving them in a cup of water or other beverage. The daily dose should be taken in three doses, at the same time intervals;
- Veroshpiron - a drug that refers to diuretics - diuretics from a number of spironolactone. The medicine takes part in inactivating the inflammatory process, removing the edema and removing excess uric acid from the circulatory system. The average daily dosage of the drug is 100-200 mg 1-2 times a day. In childhood, the drug is used from 5 years;
- Cyston is a cure for gout that can dissolve urinary deposits. The basis of the drug is plant. Cyston can be taken thrice a day for 1-2 tablets. Treatment is usually lengthy, for several months in a row. In pediatrics, the drug is used from 12 years.
Painkillers for gout:
- Ketorol is a sufficient strong anesthetic, which can be prescribed in the form of tablets or injections. The dosage of the drug is selected individually, but you should know that taking this medication for more than 4 consecutive days is undesirable;
- Dimexide is an anesthetic based on dimethylsulfoxide. The active component perfectly penetrates into the tissues when applied externally, providing an anti-inflammatory, analgesic, antiseptic effect. Dimexide is used mainly for setting up compresses (once a day - about half an hour). Dilution of the solution for the preparation of compresses - from 30 to 50%. Sometimes irritation and burning may occur on the site of application.
Anti-inflammatory with gout:
- Movalis is a non-steroid drug of the meloxicam group. The use of the drug can alleviate the acute manifestations of gout attack. Movalis is prescribed as intramuscular injection of 15 mg daily, for 2-3 days. The decision on the further use of the medicine is taken by the doctor. Long-term treatment with a drug is undesirable;
- Ibuprofen is a known non-steroidal drug, which simultaneously possesses an anti-inflammatory and analgesic effect. The drug is taken 4 times a day, 800 mg, if possible after eating;
- Voltaren - a drug that is used to eliminate pain attacks with gout. At the beginning of treatment, Voltaren is taken in the amount of 200 mg, then lowering the dose to 150 mg per day. Simultaneously, use external means for rubbing joints;
- Meloksikam is a known anti-inflammatory and antirheumatic agent that is used for short-term treatment of acute manifestations of gout. The drug can be prescribed to patients from 18 years of age, at a dosage of 15 mg once a day, as intramuscular injections;
- Diclofenac is a common anti-inflammatory drug, which is prescribed in amounts up to 200 mg daily. Diclofenac should not be used for a long time, especially with diseases of the digestive tract: colitis, enteritis, gastritis, stomach ulcer. Diclofenac can be prescribed in the form of injections, tablets, external preparations;
- Indomethacin is a non-steroidal agent in the form of an ointment, with a pronounced anti-inflammatory, analgesic and anti-edematous effect. It falls into the tissues at the site of application. Ointment is usually applied up to 3 times a day, lightly rubbing. The therapeutic course should not exceed 10 consecutive days. In some cases, simultaneous use of Indomethacin tablets may be recommended;
- Naise are non-steroidal anti-inflammatory tablets with an active component of nimesulide. The drug alleviates pain, normalizes temperature and relieves swelling. Nyz is prescribed for oral administration of 1 tablet in the morning and in the evening. Do not take pills with inflammatory processes in the digestive system;
- Prednisolone is a glucocorticosteroid agent, tablets for internal administration. Have a pronounced anti-inflammatory effect, blocking the development of inflammatory signs. The average dosage of Prednisolone is up to 60 mg per day. During the exacerbation, the amount of the drug may be increased at the discretion of the doctor;
- Aertal is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory ointment based on aceclofenac. The drug will help to eliminate swelling, redness in the joint, regardless of the etiology of the inflammatory process. Ointment is used three times a day on the area of affected joints, it is possible for a light bandage;
- Nimesil is a remedy with nimesulide, made in the form of a granular powder for the preparation of an oral solution. The product is diluted with water, 1 packet twice a day. Treatment can last for 1-2 weeks. Nimesil gently removes signs of inflammation in gout, including soreness, swelling, redness of the joints;
- Dexamethasone is a hormonal agent of the glucocorticosteroid group. Dexamethasone tablets act against inflammation, allergies, fluid accumulation in tissues. The average amount of the drug per day is 2-3 mg, divided into three doses. In severe cases, intra-articular administration of a solution of Dexamethasone is possible;
- Acetylsalicylic acid is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug, but its use in gout causes discussion. Some believe that the drug can remove inflammatory phenomena along with other similar medications. Some specialists are sure that taking aspirin can increase the level of uric acid in the bloodstream. Since there is no unequivocal opinion on the benefits of aspirin for gout, it is not often used in the treatment regimen, replacing it with other proven drugs.
Alternative and other cures for gout
- Iodine is a known alcohol solution, which is sometimes used as a medicine for gout. Iodine is applied in the form of a net on the diseased joints, mainly at night. After application it is desirable to wrap up the joints with a scarf or handkerchief. With caution apply this type of treatment patients with thyroid disease;
- Activated charcoal is a common adsorbent, which is usually used orally for intoxication. Alternative medicine suggests using this tool externally: a handful of tablets are ground, mixed with water to the consistency of thick sour cream and applied to the affected joints before bed. The place of application should be wrapped in polyethylene and a scarf. It is supposed that relief should come the next morning;
- Propolis is an alternative remedy for a mass of diseases, and gout is no exception. As a medicine for gout, the following recipe is used: heated with a water bath 100 g propolis and the same amount of sunflower oil, until a homogeneous mass. The resulting paste is used for rubbing joints;
- Mumiyo is a natural natural preparation that can help alleviate pain and discomfort during gout attacks. Mumiyo is mixed with honey (100 g of honey per 5 g of mummy), heated to + 38-40 ° C and used as an ointment for sore spots;
- The Vitafon is a small device for home use, which acts by means of sound microvibrations. Due to such vibrations, a kind of massage at the cellular level is performed. As a result, pain decreases, lymphatic drainage improves, local blood circulation and tissue trophism become more active. For all its relative safety, it is not recommended to use the device without consulting a doctor;
- Vitamin E is considered a mandatory vitamin for patients with gout. Some scientists even consider the cause of the disease to be a deficiency in the body of tocopherol. For this reason, vitamin E is often prescribed concomitantly with ascorbic and folic acid, which significantly accelerates the regeneration of tissues and promotes the rapid restoration of joints. Vitamins are taken daily, without interruptions. The dosage is determined by the doctor based on the results of the tests.