Any action must be justified. Therefore, before you enter the drug in the complex therapy, it is better to know what effects can be obtained by the interaction of Maalox mini with other drugs.
For example, in tandem with quinidine, the probability of an increase in the quantitative component of quinine in the patient's blood and its overdose increases.
Joint reception of Maalox mini with the drugs and medicinal classes listed below leads to a decrease in the percentage of their absorption of the mucosa of the gastrointestinal tract. It:
- Salicylates (for example, acetylsalicylic acid).
- Blockers of H2-histamine receptors.
- Propranolol and isoniazid.
- Indomethacin and metoprolol.
- Atenolol and chloroquine.
- Levothyroxine and diflunisal.
- Ketoconazole and digoxin.
- Bisphosphonate and penicylamine.
- Ethambutol and polystyrene sulfate.
- Fluoroquinolone and lansoprazole.
- Sodium fluoride and iron salts.
- Lincosamide and tetracycline.
- Phenotiazine neuroleptics.
- Phosphorus-containing food additives.
But this result can be avoided by spreading the reception of this pair of drugs at a time with a difference of two hours, for the drugs of the fluoroquinolone group, the safe interval is four hours.
Maalox mini increases the concentration of citrates in the blood, mainly for patients suffering from kidney dysfunction. And in combination with salicylates, it provokes their rapid utilization and excretion together with urine, which leads to increased alkalinity of urine.