Information about doctor
Amir Onn He is a successful specialist in the field of pulmonology and thoracic surgery, and is world famous in the treatment of diseases of the respiratory system.
Practical experience of the doctor exceeds 20 years. His main activity is focused on the diagnosis and therapy of tumor processes in the chest - we are talking about pulmonary, tracheal, bronchial, mediastinal oncology. Dr. Onn is famous for the fact that he manages to determine the pathology at the initial stage of development.
Amir Onn long and successfully engaged in research activities, studying pulmonary cancer processes. He actively participates in specialized experimental and scientific projects, and in 2005 he was awarded the American Prize in the category of "best pulmonologist."
Manages the Institute of Pneumology, working on the improvement of existing methods of treatment of oncopathology of the respiratory system. He systematically reads lectures and reports in world renowned educational institutions, publishes his own scientific articles in medical periodicals (at the moment more than 90 articles have already been published). He received education and advanced training at universities and medical centers in Israel, the United States, Great Britain and the Netherlands.
Education and work experience
- Faculty of Medicine of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel
- Hadassah Medical School in Jerusalem, Israel
- Residency in internal medicine and pulmonology at the Ichilov Medical Center, Tel Aviv, Israel
- Internship at the oncological center to them. Anderson in Houston, Texas, USA
- Additional specialization in pulmonary oncology
- Advanced training in various surgical techniques and research in the field of pulmonary oncology in the medical centers of the USA, the Netherlands, Great Britain
Membership in international organizations
- Israeli Medical Association
- Israeli Association of Pneumology
- American Pneumology Association
- European Association of Invasive Pulmonology