Treatment of fatty liver disease
Special treatment regimen as such with fatty liver is not present. Therapeutic measures provide for the exclusion of provoking factors and stabilization of metabolic processes, restoration of liver tissue and elimination of toxic effects on hepatocytes. In combination with drug treatment, the patient is explained the need to lead a healthy lifestyle and proper nutrition.
Treatment of the disease with drugs is carried out with drugs such as membrane stabilizers and antioxidants. Preparations for fatty liver disease can be divided into several groups:
- Means consisting of essential phospholipids, for example, a drug based on phosphatidiaethanolcholine, which is able to create protection for liver cells. These medicines include Essentiale, Hepabos, Essley, etc.
- Means that relate to sulfoamino acids (Heptral, Dibikor, etc.);
- Means based on plant components (Karsil, Liv 52, artichoke extract, etc.).
Heptral is given in the form of injections, in an amount of 400 to 800 mg per day for 14-20 days. Then go to 2-4 tablets a day.
Essentiale is taken 600 mg three times a day. The course should not be less than 2-3 months. After 20-30 days of treatment, the dosage is somewhat reduced, to 300 mg three times a day.
Alpha-lipoic acid (Alpha-lipone) is administered intravenously in an amount of up to 900 mg per day, for a month. After 2 weeks from the start of treatment, infusions can be replaced by oral administration at 600 mg / day.
Artichoke - Hofitol - has a choleretic and hepatoprotective effect, normalizes metabolism. Hofitol appoint 3 tablets three times a day before meals. Duration of therapy - up to 1 month.
Preparation Liv 52 take 1-2 tsp. Twice a day, or in tablet form - 2-3 tablets up to 4 times a day for half an hour before meals.
In addition to medicines, vitamin drugs such as vitamin E, ascorbic acid, niacin and vitamin B2 are prescribed to reduce liver intoxication.
Alternative medicine can successfully use:
- powder and cinnamon sticks - help to reduce the amount of glucose and cholesterol in the blood, prevent the accumulation of fat in the liver;
- Curcuma - a wonderful antioxidant, increases the production of bile, lowers the level of glucose in the blood;
- Milk thistle - eliminates spasms in the gallbladder, removes toxic substances, restores hepatocytes. You can take and pharmacy products with milk thistle - it's a plant oil, or a ready-made drug Gepabene (appoint one capsule three times a day);
- sorrel - helps to remove bile, stabilizes its production. Reduces the fat content in the liver.
Nutrition for fatty liver dystrophy
One of the factors in the development of fatty liver disease is a sedentary lifestyle combined with overeating. Therefore, it is very important to monitor your diet and maintain a normal weight. If the patient is obese, then he is recommended to follow a diet (but not strict) with a weight loss of about 0.5 kg per week. Moderate physical activities are welcome: classes on a stationary bike, swimming, walking.
Diet for fatty liver is not just important - it plays a leading role in the effectiveness of patient treatment. In medical institutions, diet table No. 5 is usually prescribed, with the use of protein foods up to 120 grams per day, restriction of animal fat, as well as a sufficient number of liver products, cottage cheese, cereals (oatmeal, buckwheat, millet, wild rice). Welcome vegetable food - fruits and vegetables, greens, all kinds of cabbage.
Instead of meat products, it is recommended to eat fish and seafood. It is advisable to avoid fried foods - cook steamed dishes, boil or bake, with a minimum amount of butter (it is better to replace the vegetable).
We should not forget about the drinking regime: in the absence of contraindications, you should drink at least 2 liters of water per day, mainly in the morning.
It is necessary to limit or exclude fatty dairy products: whole milk, sour cream, cheeses. Low-fat kefir, fermented baked milk, yoghurt are allowed to use.
Alcoholic drinks will have to be excluded completely! In addition to alcohol, carbonated drinks are prohibited.
It is also recommended to abandon sweets, white pastries, shop and fatty sauces, margarine, sausages, fatty meats and lard. Try to eat only natural fresh foods, with a minimum of sugar.