The full analogues of the Almagel drug in its active composition are the following medicines:
A similar, but more expanded composition is possessed by other drugs:
- Support themselves;
- Gastal .
Replace the drug with analogues only after consulting a doctor. This is especially important if treatment is prescribed to a pregnant or lactating woman or child. It is not recommended to replace some drugs with others on their own.
Which is better: Almagel or Maalox for gastritis?
Many questions sometimes arise about replacing drugs with their full counterparts. For example, Almagel and Maalox are two almost similar aluminum-magnesium antacids, whose action is based on the same active ingredients. But, as practice shows, some differences still exist:
- the active composition of the drugs is the same, but the ratio of the number of ingredients is different;
- Maalox is characterized by a smaller list of side effects and contraindications;
- Maalox does not cause persistent constipation, since it has virtually no effect on the quality of intestinal motility;
- additional components presented as part of one and the other means are different;
- the action of Maalox is faster and longer, unlike the Almagel;
- Almagel is available in several versions (regular Almagel, Almagel Neo and Almagel A), which distinguishes it from Maalox;
- Maalox has a long shelf life (up to three years);
- Almagel is not recommended for children under 10 years of age, and Maalox is prescribed only from the age of 15.
It is difficult to say which drug to give preference to. The doctor should answer this question more reasonably. After all, when choosing a remedy, not only the individual characteristics of the patient's body are taken into account, but also indications and contraindications.
For most patients with gastritis, Almagel has become the drug of choice - both for the prevention of exacerbations and for their elimination. According to numerous reviews, this medication effectively alleviates the clinical signs of the disease with a predominance of pain and increased gas formation. Persistent action is detected already on the second or third day of treatment. After taking the drug four times, a sufficient neutralization of the acidic environment is maintained with a pH of the stomach in the range of 3.0-4.9 during the entire treatment period.
The only drawback of the medication is users call such a side effect as constipation. However, as clinical practice shows, difficulties with bowel movements appear after regular administration of the drug for 10-14 days. Short courses of treatment rarely cause this complication.
Almagel for gastritis is considered one of the safest means, which allows it to be prescribed to patients of different age categories. During pregnancy, its use is allowed for three days, under medical supervision. Almagel is easy to take, as it has a pleasant citrus flavor. In addition, the drug is affordable, unlike other drugs with a similar effect.