Medication Tafen nasal is allowed to use only for injection into the nasal cavity.
For adult patients and children from 6 years of age, Tafen nasal is prescribed, starting with a minimum therapeutic volume: 400 mcg / day. Usually, the daily amount is given as follows: 2 doses (50 μg of the drug in a single dose, or in one push on the spray dispenser) into each nasal pass twice a day.
The retention amount of the drug is Tafen nasal - 200 mcg / day.
The maximum single amount of Tafen nasal is 200 μg (two clicks per each nasal passage).
The maximum daily amount of Tafen nasal is 400 mcg.
The duration of the spray application is no more than 12 weeks. As a rule, the effectiveness of Tafen nasal manifests itself in a few days from the start of treatment.
If the next injection of the spray has been missed, then the medicine should be used in the very near future, but not later than an hour before the next dose is injected.
Treatment of Tafen nasal is stopped slowly, gradually reducing the amount of nasal agent administered.
With adequate use of Tafen nasal, the occurrence of adverse events is minimized, with maximum effectiveness of the drug.
- Immediately before the injection of Tafen nasal, the nasal passages should be cleaned using saline solution.
- From the bottle it is necessary to remove the cap, and also mix the suspension carefully, shaking the container several times.
- The first injection must be done "in the air", in order to clean the sprayer.
- Next, lean forward, inject the nebulizer into one nasal passage and direct it to the outer wall of the nasal cavity, then press the adapter and inhale the nebulized drug. The same actions should be done with respect to the second nasal passage.
- After injecting the required amount of Tafen nasal spray nozzle should be wiped with a napkin and return the cap removed.
- A bottle with medicine is stored vertically, upwardly with a cap.
If the spray is infrequently used, the spray can become clogged. To unlock the clogged sprayer, you need to rinse it in warm water and dry it for a few minutes. After this, a control injection "into the air" should be carried out. If the spraying has worked, then the drug can be used further for the intended purpose. If the nebulizer is not cleaned, then it is necessary to carry out the cleaning procedure again.
, , ,