Analogs of bracelets for snoring
In addition to bracelets for snoring, there are many other means designed to rid a person of this problem. Among them are special sprays, patches, pillows, intraoral inserts, nostril clips, masks, etc. As a rule, all these accessories have only a symptomatic effect - for example, soften mucous tissues, tone muscles, moisturize, even out breathing, etc., but do not eliminate the root cause of snoring.
The most popular analogues of bracelets for snoring are such funds:
- Pillow for snoring is a special orthopedic pillow that gives an optimal anatomical position to the cervical region and head during rest. Thus, it is possible to prevent the retraction of the tongue, improve the passage of air through the respiratory tract, reduce the load on the spinal column, and relax the muscles of the neck.
- Extra-lore is an intraoral device resembling a baby's dummy. The tool really eliminates snoring, but only if it is correctly selected and staged. The mechanism of action of the device is to prevent the retraction of the tongue, to increase the muscle tone of the larynx.
- Plaster bandages, nostril clips - these are devices that expand the nasal passages, improve breathing through the nose, and prevent palatal vibration. Of the minuses, we can name the fact that such tools do not affect the position of the root of the tongue.
- Headbands - used to fix the lower jaw and prevent mouth opening during night rest. The device is suitable for people whose snoring is caused by a constantly open mouth during sleep.
- Masks for creating positive air pressure (CPAP) are recognized as the most effective in terms of getting rid of snoring, but they are not cheap.
If the patient suffers from severe snoring with periodic apnea, then specialists can offer him a radical and quick solution to the problem - the installation of special palatine implants. Such "inserts" strengthen the soft palatine tissue, increase the tone of the palatine curtain. They are installed on an outpatient basis using local anesthesia. With the retraction of the tongue, with severe obstructive apnea, this method is not prescribed.
Reviews on the use of bracelets from snoring are different. As a result, you can make a list of the main advantages and disadvantages of these devices.
The advantages include the following points:
- the presence of the declared effect (snoring really disappears);
- lack of a negative effect on sleep (sleep does not interrupt, insomnia does not develop);
- ease of use (the bracelet does not interfere and does not require specific skills of use);
- economical energy consumption (the bracelet itself turns off after about 8 hours, because this is how much night rest usually lasts);
- action in any phase of sleep;
- a rather pleasant appearance (the bracelet from snoring looks like ordinary and even fashionable watches, so if it attracts attention, it’s only in a positive aspect);
- no side effects.
Based on reviews, you can judge the presence of shortcomings:
- when the bracelet is constantly wearing a pulse or vibration effect, the sensitivity of the skin in the fixation zone sometimes decreases;
- with regular effects, the nervous system is overstressed, which can manifest itself in the form of neurosis, psychosis, etc.
In general, users respond to such snoring bracelets as effective devices. The effect is especially noticeable if snoring is caused by decreased muscle tone of the oropharyngeal region. This condition is often observed against the background of age-related changes in the body. But it is worth noting that the causes of the problem are different: from the anatomical features of the structure of the oropharynx, to the presence of neoplasms, polyps, deformities, obesity, etc. In these cases, the bracelet from snoring is unlikely to show the expected effect. Therefore, before purchasing such a device, it is better to consult a specialist in advance to determine the exact cause of snoring. Based on the diagnosis, it will be possible to conclude the advisability of buying a bracelet from snoring.