The first step in treating oil poisoning is gastric lavage . To do this, you must drink a large amount of liquid (a weak solution of potassium permanganate or baking soda) and induce vomiting. If it is already present, then postpone the procedure until a later date.
An important role is played by enterosorbents, which absorb and remove toxins from the body. Warm tea, copious drinking of other liquids, a warmer on the legs - these facilitate the condition of the event.
If the condition worsens, which is manifested by fever, severe headache, diarrhea, the appearance of bloody discharge in the feces, their stench, convulsions, you must immediately go to the hospital, where urgent measures will be taken: droppers will be used to cleanse the blood of toxic substances and replenish fluid (intravenous rehydration ), if necessary - antibiotics, organize dietary meals.
The list of enterosorbents used for food poisoning is very wide and is divided into several groups:
- organic - made from natural ingredients (multisorb, polyphepan);
- carbon - derivatives of activated carbon;
- silicon (polysorb, smecta, enterosgel).
- Polyphepan is a powder from hydrolyzed wood lignin. It is dissolved in water or taken from a spoon with a liquid one hour before meals. Children under 1 year old - a teaspoon, 1-7 years old - dessert, older - a tablespoon 3-4 times a day. Acute conditions require a treatment period of 3-10 days, but can be extended up to 2 weeks. Contraindicated in patients with gastritis with secretory insufficiency, with constipation. Able to cause allergic reactions, prolonged use leads to hypovitaminosis.
- If it is impossible to flush the stomach, apomorphine hydrochloride is used - an emetic is administered as a subcutaneous injection, vomiting occurs after a few minutes. The dose for children is 0.1-0.3 ml, for adults - 0.2-0.5 ml.
Not prescribed for babies under 2 years old, with atherosclerosis, ulcers, tuberculosis, burns of the stomach with acids and alkalis. From side effects, the drug can cause a sharp drop in blood pressure, skin rash, itching, neurological disorders.
- Severe poisoning may require increased heart activity. For this, corazole is used in tablets at a dose of 0.1 g 2-3 times a day (for children under one year old - 0.005-0.010 g, 2-5 years old - 0.02-0.03 g, 6-12 years old - 0.03-0, 05g, single dose for adults - 0.2g). The drug in the form of a solution is also injected subcutaneously, intramuscularly, intravenously. It is not prescribed for aortic aneurysm, an active form of tuberculosis.
- Enzyme preparations help to restore intestinal function after poisoning: gtenol, mezim , festal , pangrol, creon.
Pangrol is available in capsules with different lipolytic activity, expressed in units of the European Pharmacopoeia (ED EF). Produced from the pancreas of pigs. There are 2 dosages of the drug: 10,000 and 25,000 ED EF, the appropriateness of each is determined by the doctor according to the indications. The capsules are swallowed whole and washed down with plenty of water.
Not recommended for pregnant and lactating women due to the lack of sufficient test data on the effect of the drug on the fetus and infants. Pangrol very rarely causes nausea, abdominal discomfort, and allergic reactions.
The loss of fluid that occurs during poisoning as a result of vomiting and diarrhea leads to the leaching of vitamins and minerals from the body. To restore health, it is necessary to include more foods in the diet, which contain useful ingredients and take vitamin and mineral complexes.
Vitamins A, C, PP, group B can strengthen immunity, improve metabolism, restore the damaged mucous membrane of the digestive organs.
Mineral alkaline waters help to remove toxic substances from the body, improve the digestive system in a healthy way. Healing waters can only be prescribed by a doctor, but medical-table waters (with a low degree of mineralization) are drunk without fear of harming themselves, they help restore water balance and strength.
Help to overcome food poisoning, uncontrollable diarrhea, including oil, such recipes:
- pour boiling water over the dried pomegranate peel, let it brew for 20-30 minutes, drink a third of a glass 3 times a day;
- beat and drink the whites of several eggs;
- dissolve a teaspoon of potato starch in a glass of water at room temperature, drink at one time;
- dip a pack of gelatin in warm water (1 glass) until dissolved, drink.
In the arsenal of herbalists there are many plants that help to cope with oil poisoning. Among them are:
- decoction of dill seeds with the addition of honey;
- St. John's wort tea;
- infusion of yarrow and wormwood;
- collection of calendula, chamomile, plantain (can be brewed in a thermos).
With food poisoning, homeopathy can help with the following means:
- carbo vegetabilis;
- arsenicum album.
Granules dissolve under the tongue, often in acute conditions, less often as they improve. The appointment will be made by a homeopath.