Symptoms of an attack of pancreatitis
Symptoms of an attack of pancreatitis have their own characteristics, which it is important to know for the patient and his relatives.
So, for the paroxysmal manifestation of the disease is characterized by:
- The presence of pain in the abdomen. And the pain is long and strong with cutting or blunt manifestations, which encircle the body in the place of localization of the pancreas. Sometimes pain can be given in the back, or in the subscapular region, or in the lumbar region.
In some cases, when the pain is so painful and strong, the patient may even lose consciousness from a painful shock.
It is known that the pancreas is permeated with a number of nerve endings, which, with inflammation of the organ, begin to be involved in the process.
Experts believe that if the sensations of pain do not stop with time, but become more intense, this means the development of acute pancreatitis and the onset of pancreatic destruction.
- Appearance of nausea.
- Multiple emetic manifestations.
- Lack of desire to eat and hunger.
- The appearance of bloating.
- The presence of diarrhea, which has a fetid odor. In feces there are remnants of food, which is not digested in the process of digestion.
- Hiccups are possible.
- Appearance of dryness in the oral cavity.
- The appearance of eructation.
- With the lying position of the patient may be an increase in the pain syndrome.
- Therefore, people suffering from attacks of pancreatitis, instinctively try to find in a sitting position with a lean forward.
- Increase in overall body temperature.
- Occurrence of chills.
- The emergence of shortness of breath.
- In the patient's language, a plaque with a whitish color appears.
- Skin and sclera of the eyeball acquire a yellowish hue.
- Decrease in the elasticity of the skin, which occurs one or two days after the onset of an attack.
- Reducing the weight of the patient.
- Appearance of symptoms of avitaminosis.
In parallel, an attack of pancreatitis may be accompanied by other nonspecific symptoms of the disease:
- The arterial pressure decreases or, on the contrary, rises.
- There is a general weakness of the body.
- The skin becomes grayish.
It is important to understand that manifestations of an attack of pancreatitis are very similar to other diseases that affect the human digestive system. Therefore, it is not recommended to engage in self-diagnosis and the same independent treatment, but to seek help from specialists.
The diagnosis of "inflammation of the pancreas" can be refuted or confirmed only as a result of a complex of laboratory tests and other diagnostic procedures. At the same time, it is important to exclude false symptoms that may lead to incorrect diagnosis, so that the findings of medical personnel are as accurate as possible.
How long does the attack of pancreatitis last?
Naturally, every person has any illness manifested only in the way that is inherent in this individual. Therefore, we can give only a generalized explanation, and how long the attack of pancreatitis lasts. In different people, the duration of the attack takes from several minutes to several days. At the same time, the patient suffers from severe pain, and other symptoms, indicated above in the article, also appear.
It is believed that with the cessation of acute manifestations of the attack itself, the pain sensations in the pancreas can last from one to seven days. In this case, they are stopped by the use of pain medications. Sometimes pains worsen at night, which does not please patients at all.
With an attack of pancreatitis, the correct behavior of the patient himself, as well as his close people, is important. After all, adequate actions in case of aggravation of the disease can shorten the time of attack, and non-professional ones can tighten the acute condition and worsen the patient's condition. It is necessary to carefully read the recommendations given in the article on how to remove an acute condition and adhere strictly to the recommendations given. In addition, the patient needs to know that it is mandatory to call the emergency team, because only specialists can correctly diagnose the cause of the attack and choose the best treatment.
Acute attack of pancreatitis
An acute attack of pancreatitis can occur in a person who has not even suspected that there are problems with his pancreas. This condition is characterized by all of the above symptoms, indicated a little earlier. But the most important indicator of this condition is that when the patient is tilted forward in a sitting position, pain sensations decrease.
It is not recommended to treat such a problem at home. At home, you just need to help the patient ease the attack and immediately call for emergency help. Because in such a situation, the likelihood of serious complications for the body or even a lethal outcome is high.
Attack of chronic pancreatitis
An attack of chronic pancreatitis happens, as an exacerbation of a long and persistent disease. The provoking factors in this case can be:
- The violation of the diet shown, the abuse of "deliciousness", which is prohibited in this disease.
- Constant overeating.
- The violation of the technology of preparing dishes for the disease, the reception of fried, spicy, fatty, smoked and canned food.
Also, attacks of the disease in chronic pancreatitis can be caused by background diseases and situations:
- epidemic parotitis or "mumps"
- viral hepatitis,
- infection with parasites - intestinal worms, liver flukes,
- stressful situations.
Chronic pancreatitis is caused by disorders in the digestive tract, namely inflammatory processes in the duodenum, chronic gastritis, peptic ulcer diseases of the stomach and duodenum, inflammation in the gallbladder and small intestine.
Chronic pancreatitis develops in the body not quickly and not only as a consequence of the above diseases. This disease is formed, most often, under the influence of the following factors:
- unsystematic and irregular nutrition,
- abuse of fatty and spicy dishes,
- predilection for alcoholic beverages,
- lack of vitamins in food,
- deficiency of protein food in the diet.
Under these conditions, the pancreas undergoes a self-digestion mechanism from the released enzymes that break down proteins and fats. This situation is typical of duodenitis. Dead cells are replaced by a connective tissue that has a wrinkled appearance and constricts the pancreas. In this case, a scar forms in the organ and sclerotization of the gland takes place. In this case, a sick woman begins regular diarrhea with the remains of unboiled food, which are stimulated by insufficient production of enzymes. There is a decrease in the body weight of the patient, in some cases, even significant. Due to a violation of the pancreas, there may be a lack of internal secretory functioning of the body, as well as the emergence of diabetes. Chronic pancreatitis with its attacks is often accompanied by parallel diseases - reactive hepatitis, inflammatory processes in the liver and gall bladder.