All dosages are calculated on the basis element of the constituents of Navelbin (not targeting the salts of tartrate). The method of application and dose is determined directly by the attending physician - oncologist and individually to each patient, based on the patient's age, the complex picture of the disease, his state of health.
Vinorelbine is administered only intravenously, slowly enough (six to ten minutes). The drug should be administered very carefully, in order to avoid hyperemia and necrosis in the tissues of the adjacent area. The solution for invasion is prepared immediately before the procedure: the ampoule with the drug is opened and diluted with 0.9% sodium chloride solution (NaCl) in an amount of 125 - 250 ml.
In the case of therapy, which is represented only by Navelbin, the drug is injected into the patient's body once a week. The dosage is calculated at 30 mg per square meter of the patient's body area. In the case of complex treatment involving cisplatin, the drug in question is administered in the same amount, and cisplatin is taken at a rate of 120 mg / m2. Primarily, this combination is used in the first and then on the 29th day of the course. Follow-up in the treatment protocol is usually given once every six weeks. At the end of the procedure, it is necessary to thoroughly wash the vein into which the drug was administered. The treatment is done with 200 ml of 0.9% NaCl solution.
Before each procedure, a blood test is necessarily prescribed and, depending on the results of hematological characteristics, correction of the administered doses is carried out.
- If the clinical analysis showed a granulocyte count in the blood equal to 1500 / μl or more, then the drug is taken in the dosage given above (30 mg / m 2).
- If the result of the research varies from one to 1,500 microliters, the dosage of vinorelbine is taken at 15 mg / m 2.
- If the result is less than one thousand microliters, then the procedure is not carried out. She is delayed for one week, after which the analysis is repeated. If three weeks have passed and the level of granulocytes in the plasma has not increased, it is recommended to replace vinorelbine with another drug.
If during the treatment period against a background of granulocytopenia, the patient has sepsis and / or elevated body temperature, as well as missed two doses of the drug, the subsequent dose of the drug in the case of an indication of the level of granulocytes and plasma from 1500 to microliter and more, should be 22.5 mg / sq.m. If this indicator falls within the limit of 1000 - 1500 / μL - the dosage is equivalent to 11.25 mg / m 2.
Hepatic insufficiency in the patient's anamnesis also requires its correction:
- At a total bilirubin level of 34.2 μmol per liter or less, the amount of Navelbin administered is determined by the figure of 30 mg / m 2.
- In the case of bilirubin, falling within the range from 35.9 to 51.3 μmol / l, the dose of vinorelbine is 15 mg / m 2.
- The total bilirubin index is 51.3 μmol / l and more - the amount of the prescribed preparation is 7.5 mg / m 2.
If Navelbin hits the skin or the mucous membrane of the eyes of medical personnel or the patient, it is necessary to rinse the place of contact in a large amount of water urgently and very carefully.
If there are side effects in the form of cough and breathing problems, the patient needs to conduct an additional examination to rule out toxins of lung tissue.
If the introduction of the drug is observed extravasation (ingestion of the drug outside the vein), the procedure must be immediately stopped. The remaining amount of the drug is injected into the ulnar vein of the other arm. If the patient's body responded with vomiting and severe nausea, then repeated administration of vinorelbine should be done with a lower dosage.
During the period of Navelbin therapy, and also within three months after its termination, it is recommended to apply reliable methods of contraception to avoid conception.