Depending on the age of the patient, the characteristics of his body and the severity of the flow of scarlet fever, the doctor selects the appropriate medicinal product and gives recommendations on its use. The way of application and dose depends on the form of release of the drug.
During therapy, it is necessary to observe the time of taking the drug, that is, to take the medicine at regular intervals. Also, attention should be paid to the dependence of absorption and food intake. Some tablets and suspensions are better to drink a few hours before or after eating, others on the contrary, eat while eating.
Antibiotics for scarlet fever in children
Scarlet fever is most often diagnosed in pediatric patients. Therapy begins with a thorough differential diagnosis. This is due to the fact that to combat the pathogen requires antibacterial and antimicrobial agents.
Antibiotics for scarlet fever in children are necessary for:
- Reducing the risk of complications.
- Reduction of painful symptoms of the disorder.
- Reducing the infectiousness of the patient in relation to others.
Without the right kind of medicine, the disease can lead to serious complications. The risk of their development is associated with the toxins that secrete streptococcus. They cause symptoms of general intoxication of the body and provoke pathological changes in internal organs.
In most cases, treatment is carried out at home with the isolation of the child from other household members. To combat scarlet fever, such drugs can be prescribed:
Bacteriostatic agent with high bactericidal activity against gram-positive and gram-positive microorganisms, bacteria. The bactericidal effect is based on the blocking action of the active ingredient, bactrim, on the metabolism of bacteria. Another active substance - sulfamethoxazole, destroys the biosynthesis of harmful microorganisms. The drug is effective against streptococci, staphylococcus, typhoid, protea, pneumococcus, intestinal and pseudomonas aeruginosa, mycobacterium tuberculosis.
- Indications for use: infections of the respiratory tract, scarlet fever, cystitis, chronic pyelonephritis, lung abscess, pneumonia, pyelitis, gonococcal urethritis. Infections of the gastrointestinal tract, various surgical infections, empyema of the pleura, uncomplicated gonorrhea.
- Method of administration: for patients over 12 years of age, 4 tablets per day or 8 measuring spoons of syrup are prescribed. The maximum daily dosage should not exceed 6 tablets. For patients under 12 years of age, Biseptolum is administered in the form of a syrup. Its daily dosage is 15 ml 2 times a day. In severe infections, the dose can be increased by ½.
- Side effects: nausea, vomiting, various allergic reactions, pathological symptoms from the kidneys, a decrease in the level of leukocytes in the blood, a sharp decrease in granulocytes in the blood.
- Contraindications: individual intolerance of components, damage to the hematopoietic system, kidney and liver diseases, pregnancy. The medicine is not assigned to newborns and premature babies. With special care are used for the therapy of patients of early age, therefore during treatment it is necessary to control the picture of blood.
Antimicrobial and antiprotozoal medicament, a derivative of 5-nitroimidazole. It is active against most gram-positive and gram-negative microorganisms, including streptococci.
- Indications for use: protozoal infections, streptococcal diseases, bacterial endocarditis, sepsis, pneumonia, abscess and empyema of the lungs, infections of the abdominal cavity, damage to the bones and joints, infections of the central nervous system, meningitis, cerebral abscess, pseudomembranous colitis. Suitable for the prevention of postoperative complications.
- The method of use depends on the form of release of the drug. Metronidazole is available as a powder for the preparation of solution, suspension, tablets and solution for infusion. Children are given a suspension or tablets for oral administration. Dosage depends on the weight of the child and the severity of the disease, so it is prescribed by the doctor, individually for each patient.
- Side effects: various disorders of the digestive system (diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, decreased appetite, stomatitis), dizziness, impaired coordination of movements, increased weakness, drowsiness, convulsions, skin allergic reactions.
- Contraindications: hypersensitivity to active substances of the drug, organic lesions of the central nervous system, leukopenia, hepatic insufficiency, pregnancy.
Antimicrobial tablets used in the complex treatment of scarlet fever in children. Contain active ingredient metronidazole, which is active against protozoa, aerobes and anaerobes. After oral administration, it is rapidly absorbed in the digestive tract, reaching a maximum concentration after 1.5-3 hours. Evenly distributed throughout the body, gets into bile, saliva and other fluids.
- Indications for use: trichomoniasis, giardiasis, infections caused by microorganisms sensitive to the preparation, surgical infections. Tablets take 125 mg 3 times a day. The duration of treatment depends on the effectiveness of therapy in the first days of taking the medication.
- Side effects: nausea, vomiting, metallic taste in the mouth, headaches, dizziness, a decrease in the number of blood cells, various allergic reactions, a change in the color of urine.
- Contraindications: the age of patients younger than 6 years, individual intolerance to the components of the drug, the first trimester of pregnancy and lactation.
- In case of an overdose, there may be attacks of nausea and vomiting, convulsions, ataxia. The treatment is aimed at removing the medication from the body, hemodialysis is possible.
Antimicrobial drug from the group of macrolides. The active substance is azithromycin (a subgroup of azalides). Azithromycin is a broad-spectrum antibiotic, with pronounced bactericidal properties. The mechanism of its action is based on interaction with the ribosomal 50S-subunit of bacteria and inhibition of RNA-dependent protein synthesis. Gram-negative and gram-positive aerobic and anaerobic microorganisms are sensitive to the action of the drug. The preparation has several forms of release: tablets with an enteric coating, powder lyophilized to prepare a solution for parenteral use.
- Indications for use: infectious diseases caused by microorganisms sensitive to the preparation. Infectious lesions of the lower respiratory tract (angina, sinusitis, bronchitis, otitis), scarlet fever, folliculitis, infected dermatitis, urethritis, prostatitis, diphtheria, intestinal infectious lesions.
- The method of administration and dosage are determined by the attending physician. For patients younger than 16 years, the dosage and duration of therapy depend on body weight and sensitivity to the drug. In case of an overdose, there may be attacks of nausea and vomiting, stool disorders, and hearing loss. There is no specific antidote, therefore symptomatic therapy is indicated.
- Side effects: nausea, vomiting, decreased appetite, flatulence, increased palpitations, disturbed sleep and wakefulness, headaches and dizziness, increased irritability, skin allergic reactions, photosensitivity. If infusions are used, an inflammatory reaction may occur at the injection site.
- Contraindications: hypersensitivity to the drug components, kidney and liver diseases, bradycardia, arrhythmia, heart failure, electrolyte balance disorders, pregnancy and lactation.
Antimicrobial agent is similar to penicillin in the spectrum of its action. The drug is active against gram-positive and gram-negative microorganisms. Destructively affects the trachoma, riktcii, brucella, syphilis. Therapeutic doses provide bacteriostatic action. The body quickly develops resistance to the antibiotic, so combined therapy is shown in combination with other medicines. Erythromycin is available in the form of tablets with an enteric coating and ointments.
- Indications for use: pneumonia, pneumo pleura, bronchiectatic disease and other lung lesions, septic conditions, erysipelas, peritonitis, otitis, scarlet fever, mastitis. It penetrates all tissues and body fluids.
- Method of application: for patients under 14 years of age, 20-40 mg / kg per day are administered, divided into 4 divided doses. For patients older than 14 years and adults for 250 mg every 4-6 hours. It is recommended to take the medicine 1-1.5 hours before meals. Before its use, it is necessary to determine the sensitivity of the microflora that caused the disease.
- Side effects: nausea, company, stool disorders. With prolonged use of the device, there may be abnormalities in liver function, skin allergic reactions. Duration of drug use causes the development of resistance to it by harmful microorganisms.
- Contraindications: hypersensitivity, severe dysfunction of the liver, allergic reactions in the anamnesis.
Antibacterial drug, which in the spectrum of its action is similar to fluoroquinolones, but has a higher activity. Effective with internal and parenteral administration. When taken orally, it is quickly absorbed and distributed throughout the body. Penetrates into all tissues and biological fluids. It is excreted in urine, about 40% unchanged.
- Indications for use: infectious diseases of the respiratory tract, skin, soft tissues, joints and bones, gastrointestinal tract, urinary tract. Effective in scarlet fever, purulent-inflammatory processes, sepsis and in the treatment of infections in cancer patients.
- Dosage and treatment is determined by the attending physician, focusing on the age, weight and course of the disease. As a rule, the drug is taken at 125 mg twice a day, the duration of therapy is not more than 5-15 days.
- Side effects: Ciprofloxacin is well tolerated, but in rare cases, allergic reactions may occur, swelling of the face and vocal cords, headaches and dizziness, sleep disorders, changes in blood picture, taste and smell disorders, vomiting, diarrhea.
- Contraindications: intolerance to quinolones, epilepsy, pregnancy. With special care is prescribed for the treatment of children under 15 years of age, with violations of kidney function.
Combined antimicrobial agent. Contains two active components: ampicillin and oxacillin. It acts on gram-positive (streptococcus, pneumococcus, staphylococcus) and gram-negative microorganisms. It is active against enzymes that destroy penicillins. Well penetrates into the blood and all biological fluids.
- Indications for use: infections of the respiratory tract and lungs, sore throat, inflammation of the bile duct, inflammation of the gall bladder and renal pelvis, pyelonephritis, cystitis, skin infections and infected wounds. Can be used for severe sepsis, endocarditis, postoperative purulent complications.
- The method of use depends on the form of release of the drug. Ampiox is available for intravenous, intramuscular and oral administration. For children younger than 1 year, 100-200 mg / kg is prescribed, for babies from 1-7 years, 100 mg / kg per day, for patients from 7-14 years at 50 mg / kg per day, for children over 14 years of age is shown adult dosage. The course of treatment is from 5-7 days, but not more than 3 weeks.
- Side effects: soreness at the injection site and allergic reactions, anaphylactic shock, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea. Desensitizing agents are used for treatment. The main contraindication is a toxic-allergic reaction to penicillin in the anamnesis.
A medicinal preparation whose mechanism of action is based on a violation of the reproduction of bacteria. It is active against gram-positive and gram-negative microorganisms, which are resistant to cephalosporins, penicillins and aminoglycosides.
- Indications for use: treatment of infectious diseases caused by drug-sensitive microorganisms. Effective in mixed infections caused by two or more pathogens. It is prescribed for infectious lesions of the respiratory and urinary tracts, with infections of the ENT organs, skin and soft tissues, bones, joints. The medicine is used for typhoid fever, peritonitis, cholecystitis, systemic infections.
- The method of application and dosage is determined individually for each patient. It depends on the age of the patient, his body weight, the general condition of the body and the type of pathogen. For complex treatment of scarlet fever in children, appoint 250-500 mg every 12 hours. The drug can be taken regardless of food, but better on an empty stomach. The duration of therapy should not exceed 7 days.
- Side effects: nausea, vomiting, stool disorders, dizziness and headaches, insomnia, seizures, allergic reactions. In rare cases, there is an increase in the level of hepatic transaminases, a change in hematological parameters, gynecomastia, secondary renal failure. The medicine is not used when its components are intolerant. With special care is prescribed for the treatment of children younger than 16 years.
Semisynthetic antibacterial agent, 1 generation cephalosporin. It is active against staphylococci, streptococci, pneumococci, intestinal and hemophilic rods, proteus, treponema, salmonella. Does not affect the mycobacterium tuberculosis, enterococci and enterobaker. It is available in the form of enteric-coated capsules, oral tablets and powder for the preparation of a suspension.
- Indications for use: bronchitis, pneumonia, lung abscess, pleurisy, cystitis, otitis media, pharyngitis, tonsillitis, phlegmon, pyoderma, furunculosis, arthritis, osteomyelitis and other diseases caused by drug-susceptible pathogens.
- Usage: for children, 25-50 mg / kg is prescribed, but if the disease is caused by a gram-negative flora, the dosage is increased to 100 mg per day. For patients up to a year, 2.5 ml of suspension and 250 mg of tablets 3-4 times a day, for children from 1-3 years of 5 ml of suspension and 250 mg of capsules, for patients over 3 years of 7.5 ml of suspension. The daily dosage should be divided into two doses at an interval of 12 hours. Duration of treatment is 2-5 days.
- Side effects: diarrhea, indigestion, headaches and dizziness, leukopenia, allergic reactions. It is not used for intolerance to cephalosporins and penicillins because of the risk of cross-allergy.
The use of antibiotics for the treatment of children must necessarily be agreed with the attending physician. The success of the recovery is affected by the mechanism of action of the selected drug, its dosage and the duration of therapy.
Antibiotics for scarlet fever in adults
Scarlet fever in adults is rare. The disease is very contagious, it is caused by the toxin streptococcus erythrogenic exotoxin. When bacteria start to release their toxins, a pink-red rash appears on the patient's body. Allocate such forms of the disease:
- Pharyngeal - infection through the mucous membrane of the oropharynx.
- Extrapharyngeal - infection through the wound surface.
Both varieties can have both typical and atypical character. In the first case, there is a slight or medium-heavy course. In the second, the disease takes a septic, toxic or combined variant. In this case, the atypical form may have subclinical and rudimentary flow.
Symptoms of scarlet fever in adults appear 1-4 days after infection. There are acute inflammatory reactions: red throat, fever, fever, chills, skin rash. After 6-8 days the rash descends, and the painful sensations subside. But this is possible only with proper therapy.
Antibiotics for scarlet fever in adults are aimed at combating harmful microorganisms. Consider the most effective drugs:
- Flemoclav Solutab
The broad-spectrum antibiotic is active against gram-negative and gram-positive microorganisms. The active substance is amoxicillin in combination with clavulanic acid. The active component destroys the integrity of the bacterial membrane, causing the death of the bacterium.
- Indications for use: infectious diseases of different localization and severity, caused by a microflora that is sensitive to the drug. Most often, tablets are prescribed for infectious lesions of the skin and soft tissues, organs of the genitourinary system, respiratory tract. The drug is effective in sepsis, osteomyelitis, peritonitis, various postoperative infections.
- How to use: tablets are taken orally, swallowing or dissolving in a glass of water. To reduce the risk of side effects and achieve maximum therapeutic effect, the drug is recommended to be taken at regular intervals. The course of treatment should not exceed 3-10 days. Recommended dosage for scarlet fever is 500 mg 3 times a day.
- Side effects: pain and discomfort in the gastrointestinal tract, discoloration of tooth enamel, nausea and vomiting, stool disorders, dryness of the oral mucosa, changes in taste sensations. There may also be headaches and dizziness, an increase in the level of liver enzymes, skin allergic reactions.
- Contraindications: hypersensitivity to the components of the drug, various violations of the liver, digestive tract diseases with chronic diarrhea and vomiting. The drug is not used for children weighing less than 13 kg. With special care is prescribed for patients with bronchial asthma and impaired renal function.
- Overdose manifests more pronounced adverse reactions. There is no specific antidote, therefore, symptomatic therapy, reception of enterosorbents and gastric lavage are indicated for treatment.
- Benzathine penicillin-G
A long-acting benzylpenicillin drug. It has bactericidal action against streptococci, treponemia and non-penicillinase-producing staphylococci. It is available as a dry substance in vials, complete with a special solvent.
- Indications for use: acute tonsillitis, scarlet fever, erysipelas, prevention of infectious complications after removal of tonsils and teeth, syphilis, exacerbation of rheumatism. In scarlet fever in patients over 12 years of age, appoint 0.6 million units every three days. Possible dosage of 1.2 million units every 2-4 weeks or 1-2 injections of 1.2 million units once every 7 days.
- Side effects: various allergic reactions, a sharp increase in body temperature, joint pain, stomatitis, glossitis. With prolonged use of the drug, superinfection may develop.
- Contraindications: hypersensitivity to antibiotics of the penicillin series. With special care, the drug is prescribed for intolerance to cephalosporins and a tendency to allergic reactions.
Antibiotic agent from the group of natural penicillins. It has several forms of release: tablets, syrup, solution for oral administration and granules for solution preparation. Bacteriolytic is active against gram-positive and gram-negative microorganisms, cocci, spirochetes, and corynebacteria. Does not affect mycobacterium tuberculosis, viruses, amoebae and rickettsia, acid-fast.
- Indications for admission: various bacterial infections, bronchitis, scarlet fever, pneumonia, otitis media, gonorrhea, syphilis, purulent skin and soft tissue injuries and other diseases caused by microorganisms that are sensitive to the drug.
- Dosage depends on the form of release of the drug and the severity of the disease. With an average infection, adults and children over 10 years of age are prescribed 3 million ED 3 times a day. In severe disease, the dosage can be increased to 6-9 million units per day. The duration of therapy is determined by the attending physician.
- Side effects: various allergic reactions, pain in the joints, fever, irritation of the mucous membrane of the mouth and pharynx. The drug is contraindicated for intolerance to penicillins, with stomatitis and pharyngitis.
Antibiotic, the product of the life of a mold. Has a wide range of bactericidal and bacteriostatic effects. It destroys streptococci, pneumococci, gonococci, meningococci, anthrax, some strains of pathogenic staphylococci and protea.
- Indications for use: streptococcal sepsis, extensive and deeply localized infectious processes, injuries and burns. Used for erysipelas, scarlet fever, gonorrhea, syphilis, sycosis, furunculosis, inflammatory lesions of the ears and eyes.
- The method of application, like the dosage, depends on the form of release of the drug. Penicillin can be used subcutaneously, intravenously, sublingually, orally, for inhalation, rinsing and even rinsing.
- Side effects: various allergic reactions, pharyngitis, asthmatic bronchitis, stomatitis, attacks of nausea and vomiting, stool disorders. Treatment is symptomatic. In case of an overdose, adverse reactions are more severe.
- Contraindications: hypersensitivity to penicillin, hives, hay fever, bronchial asthma, various allergic diseases.
Antimicrobial agent, in chemical structure and mechanism of action similar to lincomycin, but 10 times more effective. It penetrates well into body fluids and tissues. It is active against gram-positive and gram-negative infectious agents. It has several forms of release: capsules and tablets for oral administration, ampoules and 15% solution, syrup and flavored granules for the preparation of syrup.
It is used for infectious diseases of the respiratory tract, skin, bones, joints, soft tissues, abdominal organs. The dose and duration of treatment depend on the severity of the disease and the sensitivity of the causative agent of the infection to the drug, so they are appointed by the doctor. The drug is contraindicated for intolerance of its components. Side effects and symptoms of overdose manifest nausea, vomiting, various allergic reactions. Treatment is symptomatic.
How much to drink antibiotics with scarlet fever?
The duration of treatment of acute infectious diseases, as a rule, does not exceed 10-14 days. How much to drink antibiotics in scarlet fever is determined only by the attending physician, individually for each patient. In most cases, noticeable relief comes on day 2-3 of therapy. If this does not happen, the doctor reviews the treatment plan and appoints new drugs.
Very often antibiotic treatment is combined with the use of antihistamines. This allows you to lower the risk of allergic reactions and reduces swelling of the oropharynx. After a course of antibiotics, the patient is prescribed probiotics to restore normal microflora.