Other drugs with the same name
On the pages of medical portals you can find a description of 2 more herbal preparations in the form of a solution for oral administration.
One of them in a 100 ml bottle is produced by the Russian company "Farmafit". The composition of the drug includes: licorice root, yarrow herb, plantain leaves and aniseed oil. Additional components: alcohol, water, sugar.
Herbs in the preparation have anti-inflammatory, spasmolytic, regenerating, choleretic, carminative and restorative effects. In this regard, the solution "Gastrofit" from "Farmafit" is considered an effective medicine for gastritis with normal and reduced acid formation in the stomach and all those pathologies that are described in the indications for the use of Kharkov collection and syrup.
The drug is intended for the treatment of adult patients and children older than 7 years. Undesirable intake of vegetable solution during pregnancy and breastfeeding, as well as with individual intolerance of certain components of the drug. The presence of the sugar-containing components in the composition provides for caution when it is taken by patients who have diabetes mellitus.
Take a medicine for 1 tsp. 3 times a day. It is better to take it not in its pure form, but diluting in 1/3 of a glass of water or any other drink (with the exception of milk and milk drinks).
Store the herbal preparation "Gastrofit" in the form of a solution in a place protected from the sun for 2 years. Storage temperature should be within 2-18 degrees.
On some pharmacy sites one more drug with the name "Gastrofit" is declared. True, the photo of the drug is not attached anywhere, nor is its producer mentioned. It is indicated only that it is a vegetable solution for internal use, in which there are: chamomile and marigold flowers, yarrow herb, fennel essential oil (also dill pharmacy), buckthorn bark, sorbitol (about 40%).
According to the instructions, indications for the use of the drug are:
- dyskinesia (motor disruption) of the biliary tract,
- constipation, caused by a decrease in the activity of the smooth muscles of the intestine (it is also called atonic)
- excessive gassing (flatulence), manifested in the form of swelling or bursting of the abdomen, belching, hiccups, loud and profuse gas leakage, cramping pains, rumbling in the abdomen. In turn, the pathological condition can be caused both by the use of certain products, and by certain diseases (dysbacteriosis, pancreatitis, colitis, cirrhosis), inflammatory processes in the intestine, intestinal infections and parasites, structural disorders.
Contraindications to the use of gastrological plant solution are:
- bleeding from the gastrointestinal tract, caused by various pathologies,
- ulcerative lesions of the stomach and duodenum due to the possibility of opening bleeding,
- acute stage of hepatitis,
- mechanical jaundice, called obturative,
- an obstruction of an intestine,
- acute inflammatory processes in the abdominal cavity (appendicitis, peritonitis, etc.),
- acute and chronic forms of glomerulonephritis (a dangerous immuno-inflammatory disease of the glomeruli of the kidneys that filter blood).
Use of the drug "Gastrofit" in the form of a solution for oral administration is considered unacceptable during pregnancy, breastfeeding. The drug is also not intended for use in pediatrics.
With care, you need to apply a sweet solution to patients with diabetes, because the content of sorbitol in the preparation is quite large.
Taking medication can be accompanied by allergic reactions, intestinal colic, stool retardation and increased acts of defecation.
Method of administration and dose. A single dose for any pathology is 5 ml (1 tsp) under the condition of a triple intake and 10 ml if the drug is taken 2 times a day.
Take the medicine for half an hour before meals, in pure form or diluted in a small amount of liquid.
The therapeutic course is usually 21-28 days, but if necessary, the course of treatment can be repeated.
Medication or dietary supplements?
If the "Gastrofit" from the company "Am" is classified as a medicinal product of vegetable origin, many other products with the same name can be attributed to biologically active food additives (BAA), which alleviate the symptoms of certain pathologies of the gastrointestinal tract and have a positive effect on the digestion process itself .
Such supplements include the drug "Gastrofit" in the form of tablets (in the package 2 blisters for 10 tablets) from the company "New Life". In its composition we find flowers of marigold, linden and chamomile, grass of St. John's wort, ayr of swamp and yarrow.
The bulk of herbs have anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and soothing effect on the gastrointestinal mucosa. St. John's wort, among other things, is also considered a hemostatic, while the yarrow can effectively expel worms. Also indicative are spasmolytic, regenerative, noticeable urine and choleretic and insignificant antipyretic effects of the drug.
Take dietary supplements in tablets 2 times a day for 10-15 minutes before meals. Single dose -1 tablet.
If there are reactions of intolerance to some components of the drug, it is better to refuse to take it.
Shelf life is 3 years if stored in a room with an air temperature of 5-25 degrees.
"Gastrofit" or "Gastrophyt"?
Rummaging on the pages of online pharmacies, you can find another drug called "Gastrofit", but the name on the cardboard package of green color is written in Russian and English. The latter is read as "GASTROPHYT".
This drug was developed by the Pakistani company BioZone, specializing in the production of pharmaceutical products based on plant ingredients. Production bases are located in different countries, including Kazakhstan, where the imported dietary supplements "Gastrofit" are made.
The preparation of the company ВioZone is presented in pharmacies in the form of vegetable syrup in a bottle of 120 ml, which effectively fights against nausea, eliminates pain, has a pronounced soothing effect on the gastric mucosa and the gastrointestinal tract as a whole.
This action of the drug is due to its composition:
- Scrub significantly improves digestion, among other things, possessing analgesic, anti-inflammatory and diuretic action,
- Damascus rose also relieves stomach pain, effectively fights against pathogens, including fungal infection, exhibits antioxidant and astringent properties, purifies blood,
- mint normalizes the secretory function of the stomach, stimulates the motor function of the stomach and intestines, relieves the symptoms of nausea, vomiting and excessive gassing,
- licorice - one of the most useful for digestion herbs, it helps to normalize the acidity of the stomach, has excellent antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory properties,
- Fennel is considered an effective remedy for flatulence and has become widespread in pediatric practice,
- senna - a universally recognized effective and safe laxative that removes constipation,
- Ginger relieves inflammation and spasms in the stomach and intestines, also has a mild laxative effect,
- cumin and cinnamon are also famous for their pronounced antispasmodic effect, relieve symptoms such as nausea and vomiting, cinnamon also has astringent and antiseptic properties,
- Ferula - a good antioxidant, antispasmodic and antiseptic, effectively fights against parasites (worms), protects the mucous GIT from damages.
The drug is safe for children of different ages, and even recommended for use in unpleasant sensations of severity and heartburn associated with inappropriate eating in school and other educational institutions, as well as with fast food and sugary drinks.
The drug has a positive effect for heartburn, bloating and pain in it, nausea and vomiting, stool disorders. It is indicated in such pathologies as gastritis, ulcerous lesions of the stomach and duodenum.
Method of administration and dose. Syrup "Gastrofit" is dosed depending on the age of the patient. Single dose is:
- children 1-2 years - 0.5 tsp,
- children 2-12 years - 1 tsp.,
- adolescents and adults - 2 tsp. Syrup.
The syrup has a pleasant sweet ginger taste with a gentle mint note, so with its reception there are no problems even for the smallest ones.
You need to take vegetable syrup 3 times a day. It can be consumed in pure form or diluted in water by a course of 15 days. In chronic pathologies, it is recommended to repeat the therapeutic course 3 to 4 times a year, especially in spring and autumn, when the diseases become worse.
There are no special contraindications to the use of the drug, but against the background of increased sensitivity allergic reactions can develop. Do not use the drug for therapy of infants.
Since the syrup contains a sweetener, it should be taken with caution to those who have blood sugar levels elevated, in particular to patients with diabetes mellitus.
Herbal tea "Gastrofit"
As an auxiliary tool for gastritis with increased acidity and ulcerative lesions of the digestive tract, phyto-tea "Gastrofit-1" is also used. It is produced in Kazakhstan by the company "TES".
In the packaging of tea we find 20 filter bags of 1.5 grams, containing the crushed parts of the following plants:
- chamomile (flower),
- yarrow (grass),
- ayr (rhizome),
- licorice (roots).
The way of application and the dose of phyto-tea are the same for all pathologies and ages: 1 or 2 filter bags are poured into a glass of boiling water and insist for about half an hour, occasionally stirring for a better release of nutrients from the composition.
It is advisable to drink tea 1 hour after the main meal. Multiplicity of admission - 3-4 times a day.
The composition of tea is very modest, but effective in the pathology of the gastrointestinal tract. It is not suitable only for those who have hypersensitivity to one or several components of a fragrant herbal drink.
You can buy tea without a doctor's prescription. Keep it for no more than 2 years in a dry, well-ventilated place.