The health of a woman during menopause depends not only on the level of hormones, but also on the effect of external factors. Treatment of dry skin in menopause is aimed at maintaining the normal state of the epidermis. To do this, use special creams for the body with estrogen and vitamin preparations. Of great importance is the way of life, we will consider the main recommendations for preserving the beauty of the body and face in the climacteric period:
- Avoid direct sunlight, as the ultraviolet damages the epidermis. Use special sunscreen and occlusal creams that prevent loss of moisture.
- Adhere to a diet with unsaturated fatty acids, for example, omega-3 (salmon, sunflower oil, soy). Proper nutrition will maintain healthy skin, prevent dryness and provide a protective barrier.
- A hot shower or bath is harmful to the skin. After such procedures there is a feeling of strong tightness, it is possible peeling, itching and even cracks. During bathing, use moisturizing lotions and gels, and then apply organic oils on the body to prevent unpleasant sensations.
- Hormone replacement therapy with estrogen. Such treatment is good not only on the condition of the skin, but also on the whole body, as it struggles with climacteric symptoms. For therapy, a synthetic analogue of estradiol is used, which binds to sensitive receptors, maintains the moisture and elasticity of the epidermis.
But do not forget that hormonal changes in menopause, this is not the only cause of xerosis. Deficiency of vitamins, fungal diseases, hypothyroidism and many other things can also cause discomfort. Proper care for the body, a balanced diet and consultation with a dermatologist and beautician, will preserve the beauty and health.
Medications for dry skin
To date, the pharmaceutical market, there are many drugs that effectively combat skin problems. Medicines for dry skin in menopause are represented by special vitamins, various biological additives, creams and lotions with estrogen and other essential substances for the epidermis.
Consider the most popular drugs:
Vitamin A, which includes vitamins A and E, saturating the skin with useful substances. It has antioxidant and immunostimulating properties. The active components of the drug participate in the physiological processes of the body, stimulate the growth of epithelial cells, accelerate the processes of tissue regeneration, affect lipid and protein metabolism. Aevit improves capillary blood circulation, normalizing permeability of vascular walls and trophic tissue.
- Indications for use: deficiency of vitamin A, E, prolonged stressful stress, psoriasis, xeroderma, lupus erythematosus, atherosclerotic vascular lesions, gastrectomy, diarrhea, gastrointestinal disorders, diet with high content of polyunsaturated fatty acids, hyperthyroidism, menopause period.
- The medicine is taken orally, 1 capsule once a day. Duration of therapy is 30-40 days, if necessary, repeat the course in 3-6 months.
- Side-effects are extremely rare and are manifested by violations of the gastrointestinal tract: nausea, vomiting, allergic reactions. With prolonged use of the drug, there may be an exacerbation of cholelithiasis and pancreatitis.
- Contraindications: individual intolerance of components, chronic circulatory insufficiency, thyrotoxicosis, glomerulonephritis. With special care, vitamins are prescribed for patients with an increased risk of thromboembolism and with myocardial infarction, coronary artery atherosclerosis.
- At application of the raised doses development of the raised drowsiness, headaches, disturbances of sight, pressure increase, pathological changes of a liquor is possible. In especially severe cases, convulsions, heart failure, violations from the central nervous system, glands of internal secretion are observed. There is no specific antidote, symptomatic therapy is indicated for the treatment of overdose.
Complex vitamin preparation, improves microcirculation of the epidermis, stimulates nutrition of hair follicles, synthesis of collagen, hyaluronic acid and elastin, enhances the process of exfoliation, stimulates the protection of skin cells from damaging effects of the environment.
- Indications for use: pathology of the skin, chronic diseases of the central nervous system, increased fragility of nails and hair, hypovitaminosis of retinol. The medicine strengthens the hair follicles. Tablets take 1 pc. 1 time per day for a month.
- Side effects: allergic rashes, attacks of nausea and vomiting, anaphylactic reactions. In case of an overdose, adverse reactions become more symptomatic. The drug is contraindicated in chronic pancreatitis, cholelithiasis, intolerance of the components of the drug.
A multivitamin preparation, beneficial for the skin condition, its elasticity and smoothness. The medicine is used for hypovitaminosis of various genesis, with inflammatory lesions of the gastrointestinal tract, liver diseases and for increasing the body's resistance to infections.
Revivonu take 1 capsule 1-2 times a day, after meals. Side effects are manifested in the form of allergic reactions, it is also possible to stain urine in a bright yellow color. The drug is contraindicated for intolerance of its components.
In addition to vitamin preparations, to improve the skin in menopause, special creams are recommended that stimulate the production of collagen. Such cosmetics support the tone of the epidermis, prevent its premature aging, eliminate wrinkles and reduce the damaging effect of ultraviolet radiation. There are funds with natural and artificial estrogen. Preparations with natural ingredients are used only on the prescription.
- Quench from Kate Somerville - moisturizing serum for the face with phytoestrogens, preserving youth and smoothness of the skin. Ingredients include wheat germ, fat and vitamin A, they prevent the drying of the epidermis.
- Lineless Infinite Moisture Brandt is a moisturizing lotion with an extract of nuts. Stimulates the process of cell renewal, provides smoothness and silky skin. Contains soy, green tea, hawthorn fruit and other substances with phytoestrogens.
- Hydramax is a moisturizing cream from Chanel for women of menopausal age. It consists of carob fruits, which are rich in estrogen.
In addition to the skin, the mucous membranes suffer from dryness during menopause. There are special gels, lotions and creams for intimate hygiene, preventing discomfort:
- Estriol - cream affects the acid-base balance, improves the production of lubricant. Positively affects the local immunity and prevents the development of harmful microorganisms. Promotes the production of hormones, eliminating the causes of the disorder.
- Divigel is a hormonal drug prescribed by a doctor. Contains estradiol, eliminates itching and dryness, increases the production of lubricant, increases local immunity.
- Vagilac is a gel given to women during menopause. Eliminates dryness, itching and pain. The composition of the drug includes lactic acid, which normalizes the acid-base balance and increases local immunity.
- Lactacid - helps with moderate dryness, has a mild effect and has no contraindications.
In addition to the use of medicines, to correct the problem, it is necessary to adjust the diet, observe personal hygiene and perform medical recommendations for stabilizing the hormonal level.
To eliminate hormonal changes during menopause, not only the classic methods recommended by the doctor, but also non-traditional methods of therapy are used. Alternative treatment of dry skin with menopause is represented by such recipes:
- Mix 250 ml of mineral water with 50 ml of milk. Wipe the body with this mixture for 20 minutes. The procedure promotes the production of collagen and improves skin condition.
- Mix until smooth ½ cup of cream, 100 g of butter, banana and avocado. In the resulting mashed potatoes, add 3-5 drops of rose oil and whisk again. The agent can be used as a body lotion.
- Combine 200 ml of honey, 250 ml of milk and a teaspoon of almond oil. The mixture should be heated in a water bath and add 20-30 grams to the bath during bathing or used as compresses on especially xerotic parts of the body.
- To eliminate cracks and peeling, mix in equal proportions glycerin and ammonia. If necessary, apply ointment on the damaged areas. To treat cracks, you can use a warm mixture of marigold oil and sea buckthorn.
- To normalize the skin condition on the face, you can prepare a special mask. Pour 100 g of oat flakes with milk and allow them to steam. In the prepared oatmeal, add ½ teaspoon of jojoba oil, almond oil and vitamin E. The mask should be kept for 20 minutes, rinse with warm water.
Before using alternative medicine prescriptions, it is worth consulting with a dermatologist, as some components can cause an allergic reaction or aggravate the condition of the epidermis.
Another option to eliminate problems with the skin during menopause is herbal treatment. Consider the most effective recipes for herbal therapy:
- Prepare a decoction of chamomile and a decoction of flax seeds in the desired proportion. During water procedures add decoctions in equal parts to the bath. It is in such water that it takes 10-15 minutes. After bathing, the skin becomes silky and smooth, dryness and itching go away.
- To effectively mitigate, the milk compress is great. Lactic acid contributes to the removal of dead cells, accelerates regeneration processes and helps healthy tissues to retain moisture. In cold milk or kefir, moisten a cotton napkin and apply to irritated areas for 5-7 minutes. After the procedure, you need to wash with warm water.
- Cut off the aloe leaf, rinse thoroughly, cut and remove the flesh. Soak the cotton ball in the pulp and wipe the skin with it. After this procedure, the body becomes soft and supple.
- Melt on a water bath a teaspoon of beeswax and a couple of tablespoons of lanolin. Add olive oil and aloe juice to the mixture. The resulting product must be used to wipe face and body.
- Immediately after water procedures, apply a mixture of honey and olive oil (2 tablespoons of honey and 2 tablespoons of oil, warmed in a water bath) on the body. After 20 minutes, the mixture should be washed off with warm water. The mask nourishes the skin, eliminates itching and flaking, removes toxins.
When using herbal medicine recipes, you must strictly follow the instructions and do not change the proportion of recipes. This is associated with a risk of allergic reactions.
To activate the natural systems of the body and alleviate the symptoms of menopause, homeopathy is used. This method of alternative medicine is based on the introduction into the body of small doses of natural substances, which leads to the gradual restoration of organs and systems. Homeopathic remedies do not have bactericidal or antitoxic properties, they do not contain hormones. They are prepared on the basis of plant components, minerals, secretions of living organisms.
To eliminate excessive dryness, burning, itching and flaking, the following preparations are recommended: Vita bardana, Vita derm crema, Vita pufa 3. Their dosage and duration of application are determined by a homeopath physician, individually for each patient. Also, there are homeopathic remedies that have a beneficial effect on the whole organism during menopause:
- Feminal is a preparation based on the extract of red clover. Its action is aimed at normalizing the level of sex hormones, that is, eliminating their deficiency.
- Remens is a homeopathic remedy based on the cimicifugi of ratsimosa, an extract of the Canadian sanguine, sepia, pilocarpus. Strengthens the body, compensates for the deficiency of female hormones.
- Estrovel - contains extracts of soy, nettle leaves, ricicosis cymicifugi and vitamins B, E. Reduces the pathological symptoms of menopause, reduces the risk of various neoplasms, compensates for calcium deficiency and positively affects the immune system.
- Ledis formula "Menopause" is a medicine based on the extract of passionflower, sarsaparilla, dong, vitamins B, E, minerals. Corrects psycho-emotional disorders, compensates for the lack of estrogens, prevents vitamin deficiency and osteoporosis.
In addition to the above drugs, for the normalization of the female body during menopause, such homeopathic remedies can also be prescribed: Tibestan, Femiwell, Lefem, Climacoplane, Menopace.
Methods of surgical intervention with xerosis are not used. Operative treatment of skin dryness in menopause is represented by various physiotherapeutic procedures. They effectively moisturize the epidermis, normalize its condition, eliminate itching, flaking, cracks.
- Mesotherapy - in the deep layers of the skin with the help of a needle is introduced a vitamin solution. This procedure normalizes metabolic processes, improves nutrition and cell protection, prevents dehydration. Vitamin solution contains magnesium, potassium, sulfur, zinc, phosphorus, selenium and other useful substances.
- Biorevitalization - this procedure is the introduction under the skin of drugs with hyaluronic acid. Promotes moistening of the epidermis, normalizes the condition of elastin and collagen fibers, restores tissue structure.
- Microcurrent therapy - is used to normalize the metabolism. The skin is affected by weak electrical impulses, which simulates circulation and lymphatic drainage. This contributes to the restoration of damaged tissues. The effect of the procedure is similar to a healthy deep sleep, after which the skin looks rested and rejuvenated.
All procedures are prescribed and conducted by a cosmetologist, after examining the patient and collecting an anamnesis about the causes of the pathological condition.