In 90% of cases for the treatment of demodicosis of the head, it is not enough to use only local drugs. The treatment should be aimed, first, at eradicating the Demodex mite and eliminating the causes of irritation of the cutaneous and hairline, and secondly, strengthening the body's immune defenses, and stabilizing the trophic and metabolic processes in the skin.
Treatment of demodicosis of the head begins with the elimination of the causes of the fall of immunity. Depending on the indications, stabilization of the psychoemotional state, elimination of hypovitaminosis, elimination of alcohol dependence, correction of nutrition can be carried out. Much attention is paid to nerve and endocrine disorders (the development of demodicosis during sexual development, menopause, with the use of contraceptive hormonal drugs or in violation of the function of the ovaries). Simultaneously, the treatment of chronic foci of infection in the body, which also have a significant effect on the state of immune protection.
To directly affect the tick, most experts recommend using metronidazole (trichopolum), inside 0.25 g twice daily, during or immediately after meals. Duration of therapy - up to 6 weeks, and after 14-20 days the course is recommended to be repeated. Metronidazole causes the death of tick-iron, affecting the muscular system of the parasite. The drug, as a rule, is well tolerated by patients. Side effects in the form of loss of appetite, headache, dryness in the mouth, are rare. In the intervals between therapeutic courses, it is recommended to take purified sulfur inside 500 mg twice a day with food. Sometimes tinidazole (fazijin) is prescribed in the amount of 4 tablets per day, for 5 days, and 250 mg of hingamine twice a day, 3 to 5 courses for 5 days, with breaks of 3 days.
During treatment, patients are advised to avoid exposure to sunlight. With increased sensitivity of the skin to ultraviolet, injections of nicotinic acid and resorcinol 250 mg twice daily are prescribed.
In the presence of abscesses and the adhesion of pyoderma, antibiotics (tetracycline, erythromycin, levomycetin) can be administered simultaneously with antifungal agents.
In order to strengthen the immunity appoint drugs containing iron, calcium, phosphorus, xanthinal nicotinate, multivitamin preparations. Vitamins of group B, vitamin C, nicotinic and folic acid, Aevit, brewer's yeast are especially popular for the treatment of demodectic.
Depending on the indications, tranquilizers and sedatives (sedatives) may be prescribed.
In chronic and often recurring demodicosis, immunotherapeutic measures are used: autohemotherapy, levamisole, etc.
Nutrition plays a huge role in the successful and complete treatment of demodicosis. From the daily menu it is necessary to exclude sharp, sweet, salty and smoked dishes, as well as alcoholic beverages. Do not be advised to drink or eat too hot food to prevent the tides of blood to face. Do not overeat. We welcome the use of dairy products, vegetables and fruits, herbs and berries. The most approximate diet is a treatment table number 5.
External treatment of head demodicosis can consist of the use of medicines and special shampoos. Of the medicines, the scalp is recommended to be treated with 20% benzyl benzoate, sulfur ointment, ichthyol ointment, Wilkinson ointment. Mandatory disinfection of bed and hygienic supplies of the patient (bed linen, pillow, towels).
What to wash your head with demodicosis?
We discussed the general principles of the treatment of head demodectomy. Next, I would like to list the most popular and effective means for washing your head and rubbing your face. Than to wash a head at a demodecosis:
- tar soap - the ingredients of such soap suppress the vital functions of the sternum, while simultaneously cleaning and nourishing the skin;
- drug mixture - "talker": mix 100 g of dimime, 100 g of distilled water, 10 milled tablets of trichopole, 10 milled tablets of levomycetin, 10 milled tablets of nystatin. Stir and wet the affected surfaces twice a day for 14 days;
- Spregal - a special drug that damages the nervous system of ticks. Sold in pharmacies. Ingredients: esbiol, piperonyl and additional ingredients. The drug should be applied to the skin, avoiding the treatment of the hair. Washing is allowed not earlier than 12 hours after treatment. The course of therapy - from one to 2 weeks.
A good result is the washing of the skin and hair with a contrast shower, cool grass infusions, watermelon juice, cucumber, lime flowers and chamomile.
Shampoo from demodectic head
It is rather difficult to quickly cure demodicosis of the head, since it is difficult to ensure the ingestion of medicinal preparations into hard-to-reach places on the hairline. A shampoo, specially designed to combat mites-pathogens of the disease, can completely treat the hair and affected skin.
Before you apply this or that shampoo from demodicosis, you need to consider some factors:
- one shampoo will not be enough to get rid of the tick. It is necessary to fully treat demodicosis, using both external and internal drugs;
- The greatest activity of ticks is manifested in the dark, so treatment of the skin and hair is better planned for the evening.
Now consider the most popular types of shampoos, which are aimed at eliminating the symptoms of demodicosis, destroying parasites and restoring the affected skin and hair.
- Therapeutic shampoo Demodex Complex - significantly reduces the number of parasites, cleanses the skin from the scales of the epidermis. It can be used both for the treatment of demodectic and for its prevention.
- Shampoo Stop Demodex - eliminates signs of irritation and inflammation of the skin, depressing the development of mites and some fungi on the skin. Stop Demodex is applied to wet hair, massaged, washed with water and applied again, leaving for a few minutes for more effective exposure. After this, again abundantly washed with clean water.
- Shampoo Demodex Ovante - American therapeutic and prophylactic line. This shampoo contains natural ingredients: sulfur, zinc, extracts from eucalyptus, birch, celandine, beech, tea tree, as well as a complex of vitamins and natural oils. Due to natural components, Demoeks Ovante does not provoke the development of allergies and has no contraindications to use. Shampoo is used daily at night, for 14-28 days.
- Shampoo Manting on vegetable basis, production of China. Prevents the growth and reproduction of the tick of demodekoz, relieves the consequences of their life, has a general restoring effect on the roots of hair and scalp.
For best effect, all shampoos should be used regularly, daily, in conjunction with other external means prescribed by a dermatologist.
Treatment of head demodectomy with alternative means
Often, along with traditional methods of treatment, the treatment of head demodectomy using alternative means is used. We will tell you about the most popular techniques now.
- Use kerosene to lubricate and wash the skin. Kerosene is applied to the affected skin for three days, and only after that it can be washed off. What does this method give? Kerosene creates a dense film on the skin that blocks the tick from accessing oxygen, from which it dies. This method can not be used on irritated and inflamed skin, as this can aggravate the condition.
- Use of birch tar in addition to various ointments, creams, home-made shampoos. Tar helps to get rid of not only demodecosis, but also from psoriasis and eczema.
- The use of body-water (you can buy in a pharmacy) to eliminate skin and inflammation.
- You can prepare the following mask of components that can be purchased in almost any pharmacy: take the calendula tincture and Demalon ointment. In the morning, rinse the affected skin with clean water and pat the towel. After 15 minutes, we put on the skin tincture, and after 5 minutes - a small amount of Demalon. Do not wash your skin until evening. In the evening we wash the place of the lesion, rub it with infusion without applying ointment. Thus, it is necessary to repeat the treatment daily for at least a month.
In addition, it is recommended to wash the hair and scalp with infusions of eucalyptus and juniper berries, decoction of the buckthorn bark, infusion of bitter wormwood, a solution of chopped garlic, infusion of elecampane. For oral administration, infusions and herbal teas are recommended with the addition of mint, nettle, plantain, string, etc.