Treatment of kraurosis is not very successful, which depends not only on timely diagnosis, but also on an integrated approach to such treatment. It is very important to apply not only local symptomatic remedies, but also systemic pathogenetic ones. Therefore, first of all, treatment should start with dietary recommendations, because the state of our cells directly depends on the energy material that we give to our body. Therefore, you need to turn off the body of spicy dishes, fried, as well as spicy spices - this will help reduce the severity of subjective symptoms of the disease. It is also necessary to exclude bad habits, because nicotine narrows the blood vessels and further disturbs the trophism of the mucous membranes.
Speaking about drug treatment, it is necessary to allocate systemic and local treatment. Among the systemic means, it is necessary to use complex approaches to treatment using the following medicines:
- Substitution therapy with estrogens, in case kraurosis develops against the background of climacteric changes. In this case, estrogens restore the normal function of endothelial cells and remove common symptoms of the disease.
Ovret is a hormonal remedy whose active ingredient is norestrel from the group of gestagens, which makes it possible to use it at the initial stages of treatment of kraurosis with climacteric changes. The way of using the drug is in tablets at the same time of the day, preferably before meals. Dosage of the drug - one tablet a day for the entire time without interruption. Side effects are possible on the part of the gastrointestinal tract in the form of a stool, nausea, a feeling of bitterness in the mouth. Possible fluid retention and headaches, so the drug is not recommended with concomitant hypertension. It is also possible the appearance of jaundice and uterine bleeding, which requires dose adjustment. Contraindications to taking the drug is the pathology of the blood coagulation system, the pathology of the coronary vessels and veins, diabetes, a history of cerebral hemorrhage or ischemic stroke. Precautions - in the case of antibiotics, the effectiveness of the drug is reduced, so you need to properly dose the drugs and take into account their interaction.
- Antihistamines are used for the purpose of general desensitization, as well as reducing the expression of pruritus and soothing effect. To this end, the drugs of the first or second generation are more recommended.
Diazolinum is an antihistaminic drug that has a pronounced effect on the symptoms of itching and burning when the vagina is atrophic. The drug also has a sedative effect, which improves the general condition of a woman and normalizes sleep. The method of application of the drug - one tablet per night at night. Treatment can be carried out throughout the week, when the symptoms are most pronounced. Side effects are possible in the form of apathy, drowsiness, irritation of the gastric mucosa and epigastric pain. Nausea and pain in the liver are also possible. Precautions - do not apply when driving a car and controlling other means, since the drug may cause a decrease in attention.
- Antidepressants or anxiolytics - they are used for severe symptoms of kraurosis of the vulva, which violates the general condition of a woman and affects the mental sphere. In complex treatment, they are mandatory in the case of severe depression and mood depression, and also to improve sleep if the symptoms of kraurosis are disturbed at night.
Cipralex is an antidepressant, which is often used in the treatment of climacteric changes in the mental sphere. Such therapy is explained by the fact that often for the removal of anxiety and a sense of fear it is necessary to take these drugs in combination with hormonal drugs. With vulva vulva, the drug removes the increased excitability of the nervous system caused by the symptoms of the disease. This drug increases the number of molecules that are responsible for the transmission of the nerve signal, and the number of excitatory mediators that relieve the state of depression and fear increases. The drug is available in the form of tablets and as an initial dose is recommended taking one tablet during meals. Dosage - 10 milligrams per day. Side effects of the drug can be expressed in the form of changes from the nervous system - dizziness, drowsiness, increased excitability, as well as lack of appetite, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, excessive sweating or dry mouth, palpitation and tremor of the extremities. Contraindicated taking the drug in the pathology of the liver and kidneys, increased sensitivity to the components of the drug, while treating monoamine oxidase inhibitors.
- Vitamin preparations should be used to improve trophism, improve the condition of the vascular wall, normalize the nerve conduction, which contributes to the restoration of normal proliferative activity of cells with kraurosis. Recommended multivitamins with ascorbic acid, which affects the vascular wall.
Supradin is a complex vitamin preparation that is recommended for pregnant women as a preventive and curative vitamin remedy. Given the rich composition, the drug replenishes stocks of not only vitamins, but also microelements, which allows using it as a vitamin preparation for the complex treatment of various pathologies. Due to the complex action of vitamin C and magnesium, the action on the vascular wall and nerve endings is simultaneously revealed with the restoration of the normal level of electrolytes in the tissues. The drug is available in pharmacological form of dragees and effervescent tablets. It is taken in a dose of one tablet once a day, dissolving in a small amount of water. Side effects with respect to the dose are not detected, there may be changes in the color of urine due to the composition of the drug. Contraindications to taking the drug - this is an increased level of any hormones, serious violations of kidney and liver. Precautions - do not combine with other vitamins.
- Local remedies to restore microflora and improve the function of local immunity are also used to reduce the severity of symptoms. This is achieved due to the moisturizing effect and due to the normalization of endothelial cell function.
Gynoflora is a drug from the group of combined probiotics and hormones, the main active ingredient of which is lactobacilli and estriol. Due to this composition, the bilateral effect of the drug is manifested - normalization of the vaginal microflora and increased proliferation of epithelial cells due to the local effect of estrogens. The drug is available in the form of vaginal tablets and dosage - one tablet per day. The way of application - vaginally it is necessary to introduce a candle not too deeply into the vagina after all hygienic measures and outside the reception of other local remedies. Side effects are rare, allergic reactions to the components of the drug are possible. Precautions - tablets should be used for the entire course and everything, long-term storage and incomplete course reduces the effectiveness of the drug.
You can also use other local remedies based on antiseptic ointments with vitamins, oils, antihistamine components. A good effect have sea buckthorn candles, ointments with a testosterone base, as well as ointments with vitamins A, C, E.
Operative treatment of kraurosis of the vulva can be used with ineffectiveness of conservative therapy or as a combination therapy. Use minimally invasive interventions only if there are results of histological examination and there are no atypical cells. Then the methods of laser coagulation, cryodestruction or moxibustion of the affected mucous areas, which can be seen with the naked eye or with the help of a colposcope, are used. This breaks the upper layer of atrophic cells, which improves the circulation of the deep layers and their innervation, and thus increases the proliferative activity of other cells. In the case of the presence of atypical cells in histology, conservative therapy is not used, but immediately a vulvectomy is performed.
Physiotherapeutic treatment of kraurosis of the vulva can also be used as a topical therapy, which is highly effective in combination with other methods. They use laser therapy, iontophoresis and electrophoresis with glucocorticoids, as well as therapeutic mud. These methods can be used outside the period of exacerbation.
Alternative treatment of kraurosis of the vulva
Alternative therapies are aimed at reducing the severity of symptoms and have high efficacy along with medication. Use local lotions and baths that help moisturize dry skin and have an antibacterial and protective effect. The main recipes of alternative medicine are as follows:
- It is necessary to make a sedentary bath from the leaves of calendula and string. To do this, brew in a liter of water two packets of herb grass and several stems with leaves or flowers of calendula, insist until the solution becomes warm. Then you need to add a few drops of olive oil and take such a bath, after sitting in it for at least ten minutes. After the procedure, you need to smear the vagina with olive oil a few drops. Repeat the procedure for ten days.
- To remove an itch and burning sensation the washing out for the night by a solution from an egg and a camomile will help. To do this, you must first take the leaves of chamomile, pour them with boiled hot water and insist before the solution becomes a little warm. After that, you need to add a protein of two eggs and spend the evening hygienic procedures with this solution. The course of treatment is not less than five days.
- As an antibacterial and regenerating agent, the use of sea-buckthorn is recommended. To do this, take the sea buckthorn oil, which can be purchased at the pharmacy in a jar, then make a gauze swab, apply oil on a tampon and insert into the vagina for twenty minutes. Such a product has excellent moisturizing properties that will relieve irritation and symptomatology will decrease.
- A good remedy for the treatment of kraurosis is the use as a means to wash away a solution of soap and kefir. To do this, make a soapy solution from the laundry soap and add there three teaspoons kefir. Use should be in the evening before going to bed for a week.
Medicinal herbs are also widely used in the treatment of this pathology, which has a positive both local and systemic effects.
- The red brush is a plant that promotes the stimulation of the function of endothelial cells of the vagina and their proliferation, has an anti-inflammatory effect and prevents the development of secondary bacterial infections against the background of cracks in the mucosa. For medical infusion it is necessary to take three tablespoons of herbs, pour boiling water and boil over low heat for another five minutes, this infusion should be covered and insisted for three hours. Take in warm form five times a day for two tablespoons. The course of treatment is one month.
- Parsley has a tropism to the vaginal tissue and helps to reduce the expression of itching and dryness by improving blood circulation. Also, the infusion of parsley has a calming effect. To prepare the medicine you need to take the leaves of parsley, pour them with alcohol and insist for at least three days. Take this solution should be a teaspoon in the morning and in the evening two weeks.
- Very good means of local treatment is clean. Five tablespoons of herb celandine pour a liter of hot boiled water, and then insist for ten minutes. Warm solution should be washed twice a day. It is better for each time to prepare a fresh solution, since when stored in a refrigerator, the celandine loses its healing properties.
Homeopathic remedies have a good effect in the case of pronounced kraurosis against the background of menopause, which is accompanied by an effect on the nervous system. To do this, use specific tools that are selected individually. The main groups of drugs that can be used in this case are the following:
- Carbo vegetalis is a homeopathic remedy that has a composition of organic substances and helps normalize the hormonal background in menopause due to acoustic and magnetic resonance with the organs and systems of the body. The drug also reduces proliferative processes at the cell level and improves the processes of cellular differentiation in kraurosis. The drug is used in the pharmacological form of homeopathic drops and dosed three drops three times a day for half an hour before meals or an hour after. The course of treatment with the drug is long - about two months. There were no side effects. Contraindications to the admission Carbo vegetabilis - is hypersensitivity to the components of the drug and reception for men.
- Sepia is a homeopathic remedy of inorganic origin. The drug has a regenerating effect, which has a good effect on the recovery of atrophic cells during kraurosis and age-related changes. Also, the drug improves local blood circulation and lymph flow, which increases the effectiveness of the drug with concomitant pelvic pain. The drug is released in the pharmacological form of homeopathic granules and drops are dosed three granules three times a day for half an hour before meals or an hour after. It is necessary to dissolve the granules until completely dissolved and not washed down with water. Side effects are not common, but there may be stool disorders, dyspepsia and allergic reactions. Precautions - it is impossible to use the drug for women asthenic physique and depressed mood.
- Strontiana - a plant that improves trophism of tissues, reduces the severity of burning and dryness of the vagina due to its softening properties. The drug is released in granules and its dosage is eight granules once a day. Side effects are rare, a skin rash is possible on the hands. Precautions - it is impossible to use the drug for acute inflammatory processes in the small pelvis.
These are the main non-medicament drugs that can be used in the treatment of kraurosis not only as a local remedy, but also as systemic drugs.