Sensitivity to the antibiotic varies with the region, as well as the time interval. If there is such a need, it is worthwhile to study local information regarding sensitivity to drugs.
Often, the course of therapy lasts 1 week. That the medicine is better absorbed, it is recommended to use it after eating.
Dose regimen for adults:
- at the most infectious processes - 250 mg LS twice a day;
- infection in the area of the organs of urination - 125 mg of the drug twice a day;
- infectious processes in the respiratory system (moderate degree: for example, bronchitis) - 250 mg LS twice a day;
- more severe forms of infections in the respiratory tract or suspected pulmonary inflammation - 500 mg twice a day;
- pyelonephritis - 250 mg twice a day;
- Gonorrhea in uncomplicated form - a one-time intake of the 1st g medication.
In tick-borne borreliosis in adolescents aged 12 and adults, 500 mg of LS twice a day for a period of 20 days.
Cefuroxime can be produced in the form of sodium salt, which is used for parenteral administration. Due to this, it is possible to perform sequential treatment with a single antibiotic in the case of a transition from the parenteral method to internal reception (in the presence of medicinal indications).
Cefuroxime axetil effectively acts during the sequential therapy of pulmonary inflammation, and with it exacerbations of the chronic form of bronchitis in cases when the parenteral introduction of cefuroxime sodium was performed prior to this.
- with pulmonary inflammation: 2-3 times a day to enter in / m or / in the injection of cefuroxime in the amount of 1.5 grams in a period of 48-72 hours. Then take Cetyl at a rate of 500 mg twice a day during the first week;
- with exacerbation of bronchitis in chronic form: 2-3 times a day to inject cefuroxime IM or in / in the way - at a rate of 750 mg for 48-72 hours. Then use the oral form of the drug - 500 mg twice a day in the period of 5-7 days.
The duration of oral and parenteral therapy is determined taking into account the patient's state of health, as well as the severity of the infection process.
The standard dose is 125 mg or 10 mg / kg twice per day (for a day, you can take no more than 250 mg of the drug). When eliminating the inflammation of the middle ear in a child less than 2 years, it is necessary to take drugs at a rate of 125 mg or 10 mg / kg twice a day (250 mg per day). A child older than 2 years - 250 mg or 15 mg / kg twice a day (daily dose is not more than 500 mg).
For children less than 2 years old, it is required to use cefuroxime axetil as a drug suspension.
People with kidney failure.
Excretion of cefuroxime occurs through the kidneys, so people suffering from severe disorders of renal function need to reduce the dosage of drugs - to compensate for its slow excretion:
- QC level ≥30 ml / minute (half-life 1.4-2.4 hours) - a standard dosage of 125-500 mg twice a day can be taken;
- QC level 10-29 ml / minute (half-life 4.6 hours) - designate an individual standard dosage every 24 hours;
- level of CC <10 ml / minute (half-life 16.8 hours) - the standard dose is determined individually during the 48-hour period;
- with hemodialysis (half-life 2-4 hours) - after each procedure it is required to take an additional standard portion of medicines.