To date, many drugs have been developed that are prescribed for inflammation and urinary tract infection. Their form of release and composition provide a quick recovery and convenient application.
Form of release of antibiotics with urethritis:
- Tablets, capsules and suspension for oral administration.
- Intravenous and intramuscular infections.
- Rectal and vaginal suppositories.
- Solutions for installations (infusion of medicine into the urethra by means of a catheter).
The choice of the drug depends on the stage of the pathological process and the individual characteristics of the patient's body. If the medicine is not selected correctly, it will not affect the pathogen, which will lead to a number of complications and adverse reactions.
Antibiotics for urethritis in women
Due to the peculiarities of the anatomical structure of the urethra, urethritis in women is less pronounced than in men. But, despite this, the disease is accompanied by painful sensations. Without proper and timely treatment can lead to the development of cystitis, various gynecological complications and inflammation of the pelvic organs.
Consider the main factors that contribute to the development of urethritis in women:
- Weak immune system.
- Chronic inflammatory diseases.
- Disorders of the urogenital system.
- Injuries to the genital organs.
- Non-compliance with personal hygiene.
- Frequent stress and psycho-emotional stress.
- Alcoholism and other bad habits.
- Pregnancy and other hormonal changes in the body.
The leading role in the development of the disease is played by various infections. Proceeding from this, the disorder is divided into:
- Non-infectious - can develop because of urolithiasis, when small stones passing through the urethra damage its mucous membrane. In some cases, the disease occurs against the background of malignant lesions of the genitourinary system, with injuries of the urethra, allergic and gynecological diseases, as well as with the first sexual intercourse.
- Infectious - has two ways of infection: sexual and hematogenous. The first implies infection with unprotected sexual intercourse with a sick person. Hepatogenous is the entry of a pathogen with a current of blood or lymph from the focus of inflammation.
- Specific - occurs due to infections that are sexually transmitted. These can be gonococci, trichomonads, candida fungi, chlamydia, mycoplasma.
- Nonspecific infectious is a purulent inflammation. Its symptoms depend on what kind of microorganisms it is caused by. Most often it is: staphylococci, streptococci, E. Coli.
- Viral infectious - develops due to herpes virus and genital warts.
Antibiotics for urethritis in women are prescribed depending on the factor and causative agent that provoked the disease. That is, in each case, a specific antibiotic is prescribed. For treatment, such drugs can be prescribed:
Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug. Has a wide spectrum of action, antiseptic and analgesic properties. It is produced in the form of a spray, gel, cream, resorption tablets and powder for solution preparation. The active substance of the drug - benzidamine hydrochloride, reduces the permeability of capillaries, inhibits the production of adenosine triphosphate and stabilizes the membranes of lysosomes.
Has a destructive effect on the synthesis of inflammatory mediators and reduces the sensitivity of pain receptors. After application, it is quickly and well absorbed through the mucous membrane, getting into the inflammatory focus. Has a low level of binding to plasma proteins. It is excreted through the intestines and kidneys, the half-life period is about 13 hours.
- Indications: fungal and trichomonas infections, stomatitis, aphthous ulcers, gingivitis, complex treatment of tonsillectomy, calculous inflammation of the salivary glands, nonspecific vaginitis, inflammation of the uterus of the uterus.
- The method of administration and dosage depend on the dosage form of the medicament. Tablets take 200 mg per day, divided into 3-4 doses. Spray and solution should be applied every 1.5-3 hours. If the medicine is used for vaginal douching, then the procedure is carried out twice a day. At a time, up to 140 ml of the finished solution can be used. The gel for external use is applied to lesions 2-3 times a day, rubbing it until the drug is completely absorbed.
- Contraindications: allergic reactions to the components of the drug, phenylketonuria, children under 12 years.
- Side effects: burning, dryness, skin rashes. In rare cases, there is increased weakness and drowsiness. There have been no cases of overdose.
Antibacterial agent of a wide spectrum of action. Effective in infectious diseases caused by vulgar proteus, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, salmonella, streptococcus or staphylococcus, pathogenic anaerobes. It acts on strains of bacteria that are resistant to other antibiotics and even chemotherapy drugs. The drug is available as a 1% solution in 10 ml ampoules for local and intracavitary use. Also there is a 5% ointment in tubes of 25 and 50 g.
- Indications for use: purulent-inflammatory diseases of various locations, purulent pleurisy, empyema of the pleura, abscesses, peritonitis, cystitis, urethritis. It is prescribed for wounds with deep cavities, for the prevention of infectious complications after catheterization of the bladder.
- Method of administration: The drug is prescribed only to adults after a preliminary test for tolerability. It is injected into the cavity of inflammation by means of a drainage tube, a catheter or a syringe. The maximum daily dosage is 70 ml of a 1% solution. The duration of therapy depends on the severity of the disease and the effectiveness in the early days of its use.
- Side effects: with the introduction of drugs into the vein or inflammatory cavity, there may be headache, chills, a sharp increase in body temperature, various digestive disorders, seizures. To prevent such reactions, prescribe antihistamines and calcium preparations.
- Contraindications: individual intolerance of the components of the drug, pregnancy. With special caution is prescribed for violations of the kidneys and liver.
Combined herbal preparation with antibiotic and disinfecting properties. Increases urination, increases the release of chlorides and urea, improves renal blood flow, increases bile secretion and bile formation. Produced in vials-droppers of 15 ml.
- Indications for use: various forms of cholelithiasis and urolithiasis, acute and chronic pyelonephritis, cholecystitis, dyskinesia of the biliary tract, inflammation of the urethra.
- The way of application and dosage depends on the doctor's prescriptions. Side effects are manifested in the form of attacks of nausea and dizziness. For their elimination, there is a calm and abundant hot drink.
Medicinal product with antiseptic properties. Has a hydrophobic effect on cytoplasmic membranes of harmful microorganisms, increasing the permeability of their cell walls. Its activity extends to gram-positive and gram-negative, aerobic, anaerobic, asporogenous and spore-forming bacteria.
The drug is effective for various pathogens of venereal diseases: Trichomonas, chlamydia, gonococci, pale treponema. It is available in the form of a solution of 0.01% and an ointment of 0.5% for topical application
- Indications for use: prevention and treatment of trichomoniasis, gonorrhea, syphilis, genital candidiasis. Used for mycosis, staphyloderma and streptoderma, keratomycosis, for the treatment of infected wounds in the early stages of the wound process. It is used in urological practice for acute urethritis, urethroprostatitis of a specific and nonspecific nature. In gynecology and obstetrics, in otorhinolaryngology and dentistry.
- Dosing and Administration: for the treatment of urethritis, a solution is used intraurethrally. The recommended dosage is 2-5 ml 3 times a day.
- Side effects are manifested in the form of burning, which passes on its own within 10-15 seconds. The drug is contraindicated for individual intolerance to its components.
A drug from the group of fluoroquinolones. It has a wide spectrum of antibacterial and bactericidal action. It affects gram-negative bacteria, microorganisms resistant to most antibiotics and sulfonamides. Produced in the form of oral tablets of 200 mg.
- Indications for use: infections of the respiratory tract, throat, nose, skin and soft tissues. Used for osteomyelitis, infections of the urinary tract, prostatitis, diseases of the abdominal cavity and kidneys. The drug is effective in infectious gynecological diseases, gonorrhea.
- Method of application: with diseases of the urinary system take 200 mg twice a day. Treatment is carried out for 7-10 days, but if necessary, the therapy can be extended.
- Side effects: skin allergic reactions, changes in blood picture, dizziness and headaches, face swelling, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.
- Contraindications: hypersensitivity to quinolones, epilepsy, pregnancy, lactation, patients of childhood and adolescence. With special caution is prescribed for violations of kidney function.
Cephalosporin antibiotic of the second generation of a broad spectrum of action. Possesses bactericidal action. Contains active substance 250 mg of cefaclor in 5 ml of suspension. Resistant to the action of beta-lactamases.
- Indications for use: infectious and inflammatory diseases caused by microorganisms sensitive to the preparation. Used for infectious diseases of the urinary tract, lesions of the skin and soft tissues, sinusitis, otitis.
- Dosage and administration: a suspension is prepared from the powder, which is used according to medical prescriptions. For adults and patients older than 12 years, appoint 5 ml of suspension (250 mg of cefaclor) every 8 hours. The course of treatment is 7-10 days.
- Side effects: nausea and vomiting, stool disorders, headaches and dizziness, skin allergic reactions, changes in blood picture, acute renal failure, candidiasis.
- Contraindications: hypersensitivity to components and other β-lactam antibiotics. It is not prescribed for leukopenia, renal failure, hemorrhagic syndrome, pregnancy and lactation.
- Overdose: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea. To eliminate painful symptoms recommended gastric lavage and further symptomatic therapy.
In addition to antibiotics for urethritis, women are recommended to follow a diet. It is necessary to give up fatty, sour and spicy food, to normalize the drinking regime. During therapy, avoid hypothermia, observe personal hygiene rules and abstain from sexual intercourse until full recovery.
Antibiotics for urethritis in men
One of the most common diseases in men is inflammation of the urethra. They have it more clearly than women, so the diagnosis does not take much time and is not difficult. Predisposing factor in the development of the disease is based on male physiology. The male urethra is longer than the female urethra, because of this the bacteria are retained on its mucous membrane. But the development of urethritis, as a rule, is associated with additional factors:
- Various sexually transmitted diseases and unprotected sexual intercourse.
- Kidney stones - when passing through the urethra, they injure her mucous, which promotes the multiplication of harmful microorganisms.
- Injuries to the genital and pelvic organs.
- Subcooling and reducing immunity.
- Improper diet - an abundance of sharp, acidic, fatty and salty dishes irritates the mucous and provokes infection.
- Medical manipulations and allergic reactions.
- Poisoning of the body with toxins.
- Congenital or acquired defects in the structure of the genitourinary system.
Antibiotics for urethritis in men are used to kill pathogens. Inflammation can be infectious and non-infectious. This is taken into account when choosing drugs. The main pathogens of the disease:
- Pathogenic microorganisms - Trichomonas, ureplazma, herpes virus, gonococci, adenoviruses, chlamydia, mycoplasma.
- Conditionally pathogenic are microorganisms that constantly live on the urethral mucosa, but do not cause disease. These can be fungi, intestinal sticks, proteins, staphylococci and streptococci.
Inflammation of infectious nature can be primary and secondary. Primary is characterized by an ascending urethral lesion, that is, bacteria enter the body from the outside, for example, with unprotected sex or non-hygiene. The secondary develops when the pathogenic elements enter the genitourinary system from the source of inflammation in the body. And in the first and second case, there are painful sensations in the urethra that can spread to the organs of the genitourinary system and rectum. The patient complains of burning and rubbing during urination, atypical discharge, itching, sticking of the urethra, irritation of the glans penis.
Drawing up a treatment plan and choosing the optimal antibiotic are based on blood and urine tests, smear results from the urethra. Based on the results of the research, the doctor selects an individual treatment regimen. In the course of therapy, antibiotics, anti-inflammatory and antihistamines, vitamin complexes, immunostimulants are used.
Consider the most popular medicines that can be prescribed for urethritis for men:
- Hydrocortisone (not an antibiotic)
Glucocorticosteroid with anti-inflammatory, antiallergic and antitoxic properties. Available in vials with lyophilized powder for the preparation of injections. In the kit with the drug are ampoules with a solvent of 2 and 4 ml.
- Indications for use: various infectious processes in the body and allergic reactions, myocardial infarction, neural thyroiditis, adrenal hyperplasia, hypercalcemia, various rheumatological and collagen diseases, pemphigus, bullous herpetiform and exfoliative dermatitis, mushroom mycosis, polymorphic bullous erythema, increased diuresis and decreased proteinuria , nephrotic syndrome.
- Dosage and administration: the drug is administered intramuscularly and intravenously. The initial dose of 100 mg, every 2-6 hours. High dosages are indicated only for stabilization of the patient's condition.
- Side effects: congestive heart failure, fluid retention in the body, necrosis of tissues and joints, osteoporosis, attacks of nausea and vomiting, allergic reactions, low blood pressure, changes in heart rhythm.
- Contraindications: individual intolerance of the drug components, hypertension, nephritis, peptic ulcer, active forms of tuberculosis, systemic fungal diseases, psychoses, recently transferred operations.
- Iodovidone (not an antibiotic)
Bactericidal agent, active against E. Coli, Proteus and Staphylococcus aureus. Produced in the form of 1% solution in bottles of 1 liter. It is used to treat wounds and burns of different localization and etiology, as well as infectious lesions. The medicine can be used for washing the wound cavity or simultaneously with antiseptic bandages. In case of an overdose, the medicine causes non-infectious inflammation of the mucosa. A similar reaction is possible with intolerance of iodine preparations. The main contraindication is intolerance of the active components of the drug.
- Phytolysin (not an antibiotic)
Anti-inflammatory drug with diuretic, analgesic and bacteriostatic properties. Accelerates the process of loosening and removing urinary calculi. Available in the form of a paste in tubes of 100 g.
- Indications for use: inflammation of the urinary tract, bladder, renal pelvis, kidney, loosening of stones and facilitating their excretion in the urine.
- Directions for use: a teaspoon of the paste must be dissolved in 100 ml of warm, sweetened water, taken 3-4 times a day after meals.
- Contraindications: phosphate stones in the kidneys, nephrosis, acute inflammatory diseases of the kidneys.
- Nystatin (not an antibiotic)
Antifungal agent that affects pathogenic fungi, aspergillas, yeast-like fungi of the genus Candida. Produced in the form of tablets, suppositories and suppositories, ointments. Indications for use: treatment and prevention of various fungal diseases, candidiasis of mucous membranes, skin and internal organs. Method of administration, dosage and form of release Nystatin is prescribed by the attending physician, individually for each patient. The course of treatment takes 10-14 days. The drug is low in toxicity, but can cause adverse reactions. Most often, it is fever, nausea and vomiting, diarrhea.
Antibiotic of natural origin, tricyclic structure. Produced in the form of dihydrochloride pentahydrate: a white crystalline powder. It has antibacterial, bactericidal and bacteriostatic properties. Effective against gram-negative microorganisms: gonococci, strains resistant to penicillin.
- Indications for use: acute gonorrheal urethritis and prostatitis in men, gonorrhea cervicitis and proctitis in women, prevention after sexual intercourse with a sick gonorrhea. The drug is used for intramuscular injection. Dosage and duration of therapy are determined by the attending physician.
- Contraindications: intolerance of active components. If the medicine is prescribed for women, it is contraindicated during pregnancy and lactation. Side effects are manifested in the form of dizziness, insomnia, various dyspeptic and allergic reactions. It is also possible to develop oliguria, decrease hemoglobin in the blood, painful sensations at the injection site.
The duration of antibiotic use for urethritis in men takes about 10-14 days. Such drugs as: Hydrocortisone, Miramistin, Dioxydinum, Furacilin are used for administration to the urethra. After the course of treatment, the patient should be cautious, avoid hypothermia and other unfavorable factors that can provoke the recurrence of the disease. Without timely and correct therapy, pathology leads to various complications. Most often this is a violation of sexual function, vesiculitis, Reiter's syndrome, prostatitis, infertility.
Antibiotics for cystitis and urethritis
Very often, cystitis and urethritis occur simultaneously. Both pathologies are an inflammatory-infectious infection of the urethra.
- Urethritis is an inflammation in the urethra caused by injuries, allergic reactions, bacteria and viruses. The main symptoms of this disease: urethral discharge, rubbing, burning and pain when urinating.
- Cystitis is an inflammation in the bladder that results from a change in the structure of urine and a violation of the functional activity of the organ. This occurs with various sexual infections, allergic reactions, irritation, as well as malignant processes and anatomical pathologies. Symptoms: pain when urinating, unpleasant odor and discoloration of urine, pain in the lower abdomen and lower back.
Pathological processes have a certain similarity in their symptoms. Their main difference is the localization of inflammation. But in women because of the anatomical features of the structure of the urethra, it is very difficult to determine exactly where the focus of inflammation is. Urethritis is more susceptible to a man, and a woman's cyst due to a short and wide urethra.
Both inflammations of the genitourinary system differ in the results of the tests. For their differentiation, Nechiporenko's test is performed and the values of leukocytes and erythrocytes are evaluated. The norm is 2000 / 1ml of leukocytes and 1000 / 1ml of erythrocytes. With inflammation of the urethra these figures increase up to 5 times. If higher values are found, this indicates inflammation of the bladder.
Treatment of urethritis and cystitis is carried out by the same drugs. Since the inflammatory process is infectious, antibiotics and uroseptics are used to eliminate it. The therapy is outpatient, hospitalization is possible in the presence of purulent processes. As a rule, patients are prescribed broad-spectrum antibiotics: Cyphran, Biseptol, Amoxicillin, Agumentin and others. If the prescribed remedy does not help, then bacteriological culture of urine is carried out. The analysis allows you to determine the sensitivity of microflora to the drug. Also used are uroseptics - these are preparations based on plant components: Urolesan, Phytolysin, Phytonefrol, Kanefron N.
Consider the most effective antibiotics for cystitis and urethritis:
A broad-spectrum antibiotic with bacteriolytic properties. It is active against a wide range of aerobic and anaerobic, gram-positive and gram-negative microorganisms. It has several forms of release: tablets and syrup for oral use, a dry substance for the preparation of suspension and drops, powder for injection.
- Indications for use: bacterial infections caused by microorganisms that are sensitive to the drug. Urinary tract infections, cystitis, urethritis, pyelonephritis, pelvic infection, peritonitis, osteomyelitis, peritonitis. The method of administration and dosage depends on the form of the preparation and the medical recommendations.
- Side effects: digestive disorders, allergic reactions, dry mucous membranes, development of phlebitis at the injection site.
- Contraindications: intolerance of the components of the drug, severe violations of the liver, pregnancy and lactation. With extreme caution is prescribed for patients with allergic reactions in the anamnesis.
Bactericidal antibiotic, is included in the category of semisynthetic penicillins. Has a wide spectrum of action: Gram-positive and Gram-negative microorganisms. It is available in the form of tablets and capsules for oral administration, solution and suspension, and also a dry substance for injection.
- Indications for use: various bacterial infections, urethritis, cystitis, gonorrhea, bronchitis, colibenitis, pneumonia. Dosage is set individually for each patient. As a rule, patients take 500 mg 3 times a day, the duration of therapy is up to 10 days.
- Side effects: skin allergic reactions, joint pain, gastrointestinal disturbances, headaches and dizziness. In rare cases, there is a development of superinfection.
- Contraindications: infectious mononucleosis, intolerance to penicillins. With special care is used to treat pregnant women and patients prone to allergic reactions.
Bacteriostatic and bactericidal agent with a wide range of action against most harmful microorganisms. Contains two active components: sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim. Produced in the form of oral tablets.
- Indications for use: infections of the respiratory and urinary tract (urethritis, cystitis, pyelitis, pyelonephritis), gastrointestinal infections, surgical infections, septicemia.
- Dosing and Administration: The drug is taken on 4 tablets per day. The maximum allowable daily dose is 6 tablets. The duration of treatment for acute infections is no more than 5-7 days.
- Side effects: nausea, vomiting, stool disorders, various allergic reactions, leukopenia, agranulocytosis.
- Contraindications: intolerance of sulfonamides, diseases of the hematopoietic system, pregnancy and lactation, impaired renal and hepatic function. During the treatment it is necessary to monitor the blood picture.
Antibacterial, antiprotozoal. Active against a wide range of pathogens. Tablets contain two active components: sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim.
- Indications for use: diseases associated with sensitive pathogenic flora. Used for laryngitis, sinusitis, inflammation of the middle ear, bronchitis, pneumonia, pyoderma, boils and infected wounds. Effective in gastroenterology, with acute and chronic forms of cystitis and urethritis, pyelitis, pyelonephritis, gonorrhea, inguinal granuloma. Also appointed in surgery and with other infectious lesions: septicemia, whooping cough, toxoplasmosis, inflammation of the meninges, brain abscess.
- Dosage and administration: tablets take 2 pieces 1-2 times a day. During treatment it is necessary to observe the time interval between taking the medication at 12 o'clock. The course of treatment is 5-7 days.
- Side effects: decreased appetite, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, leukopenia, skin allergic reactions, failure of kidney function. If the drug caused coughing, rashes and painful sensations in the joints, then therapy should be stopped.
- Contraindications: intolerance of components, violations of liver function, pregnancy and lactation, pathology on the part of the hematopoiesis system, insufficiency of the excretory function of the kidneys. With special care is prescribed for elderly patients, with a tendency to allergic reactions, bronchial asthma, and mild thyroid dysfunction.
- Overdose: pain in the epigastric and abdominal region, headaches, nausea and vomiting, increased drowsiness, decreased appetite, crystalluria. To eliminate these reactions, a lot of drinking, stomach washing and further symptomatic therapy are recommended.
Antibacterial drug, the pharmacological action of which is due to a violation of the mechanism of multiplication of harmful microorganisms. It is active against gram-positive and gram-negative microorganisms. It is available in the form of tablets for oral administration and a solution for infusion.
- Indications for use: infections caused by sensitive microorganisms. It is prescribed for pneumonia, empyema, abscess of the lungs, bronchitis, urethritis, cystitis, prostatitis, gonorrhea, pyelonephritis, epididymitis, otitis, sinusitis, infected ulcers and burns. Effective with gynecological infections: salpingitis, endometritis, pelvic inflammatory disease. Also used for septicemia, typhoid fever, cholera, cholecystitis.
- Method of application: dosage is determined individually for each patient and depends on the type of pathogen. In uncomplicated infections of the urinary tract take 250 mg every 12 hours, with complicated 500 mg every 12 hours. The course of treatment is 5-7 days.
- Side effects: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, headaches and dizziness, sleep disorder, skin allergic reactions. In rare cases, there is an increase in the level of hepatic transaminases and a change in the pattern of blood.
- Contraindications: intolerance of the components of the drug and fluoroquinolones, pregnancy, breastfeeding, patients under 16 years of age.
- Kanefron H
Anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic agent on a plant basis. It is used in the complex treatment of diseases of the genitourinary system: urethritis, cystitis, kidney and bladder diseases, prevention of urinary stones. The drug is available in the form of oral tablets. The recommended dosage is 1 tablet 3 times a day. The course of treatment is set by the doctor, individually for each patient.
It is transferred well, side reactions develop extremely rarely. When using higher doses, such symptoms can be observed: urticaria, itching, hyperemia, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, urinary retention. Symptomatic therapy is indicated for their elimination. Tablets are contraindicated for intolerance to their components, cardiac or renal insufficiency, impaired renal function.
Urological collection based on plant components: mint, eleutherococcus, dill, marigold, bearberry. Diuretic has diuretic, antimicrobial, antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory properties. It is used in the complex therapy of urinary tract and kidney diseases. It is not used to treat pregnant women, children and intolerance of the components of the collection.
It has a powder form, so it must be brewed. To prepare the broth you need to pour 2 tablespoons of medicine 200 ml of water and boil in a water bath on medium heat for 30 minutes. Once the product has cooled, it can be taken. Recommended dosage - 1/3 cup 3 times a day for 14 days. Adverse reactions and overdose are manifested by skin allergic reactions and exacerbation of inflammatory diseases.
In addition to taking antibiotics, patients are recommended a plentiful drink: tea, juices, jelly. Cranberry juice is especially useful, it acidifies urine and prevents the adhesion of microbes to the urinary tract mucosa.
Also, do not forget about the prevention of cystitis, urethritis and other urogenital infections. For this purpose it is recommended to use special means for intimate hygiene, which includes lactic acid. This substance supports the natural microflora and creates a protective barrier for bacteria. Do not be superfluous and compliance with the diet. Balanced nutrition has a beneficial effect on the entire body and prevents the formation of stones.
Inflammation of the urethra occurs because of pathogenic infectious agents. The main goal of his treatment is the destruction of pathogenic flora and the elimination of painful symptoms. To do this, antibiotics of a wide range of uses are used.
Consider the main names of drugs that are used depending on the type of urethritis and its pathogen:
Antibiotic of a wide spectrum of action with bactericidal properties. It is active against gram-positive and gram-negative microorganisms. Does not affect viruses, fungi and proteins. Available in the form of a solution for injection in vials.
- Indications for use: infections of the urinary tract, skin and soft tissues, osteoarticular apparatus. Used to treat pneumonia, pleural empyema, lung abscess.
- Method of administration: the drug is administered intramuscularly and intravenously. The recommended daily dosage for adults 1-4 g, in particularly severe cases, the dose may be increased. If the infection is caused by gram-positive microorganisms, then 250-500 mg every 8 hours is used.
- Side effects: various allergic reactions, transient increase in the level of aminotransferase liver. Possible disorders of the gastrointestinal tract, dysbiosis, development of superinfection. Intramuscular injection can cause painful sensations and provoke the development of phlebitis.
- Contraindications: intolerance to cephalosporin group preparations, pregnancy and breastfeeding, treatment of newborns.
- Overdose: headaches and dizziness, paresthesia, kidney failure, neurotoxic phenomena. To eliminate side effects, hemodialysis is recommended.
Antibiotic from the group of cephalosporins of the third generation. It has bactericidal properties and a wide spectrum of action. It is active against many harmful microorganisms. The drug is available in the form of a powder for the preparation of a solution for injection. The drug is administered intramuscularly and intravenously. The active substance is rapidly absorbed, the bioavailability is 100%. Easily penetrates into all the fluids and tissues of the body, is excreted by the kidneys.
- Indications for use: infections of the ENT organs, upper and lower respiratory tract, infectious diseases of the genitourinary system, abdominal organs. Sepsis, bacterial septicemia, bacterial meningitis, infections of bones and joints, prevention of purulent-septic complications after surgery.
- Method of use: only freshly prepared solutions should be used for injections. The recommended dosage is no more than 1 g per one administration. The duration of treatment is determined by the attending physician.
- Side effects: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, cholestatic jaundice, hepatitis, skin allergic reactions, pain at the injection site, interstitial nephritis, candidiasis.
- Contraindications: hypersensitivity to penicillins and cephalosporins, the first trimester of pregnancy, lactation, renal and hepatic insufficiency.
- Overdose: a change in the picture of blood. For treatment symptomatic therapy, hemodialysis is indicated.
Antimicrobial agent, according to the spectrum of its action is close to penicillins. It shows activity against gram-positive and gram-negative microorganisms. It is transferred better, than penicillins, therefore can be used at an allergy on the given substances. Therapeutic doses of erythromycin have a bacteriostatic effect. The drug is available in the form of an ointment 1% and tablets with an enteric coating.
- Indications for use: urethritis, cystitis, purulent otitis, pneumonia, pneumoplethritis, bronchiectatic disease, various septic conditions, erysipelas, mastitis, osteomyelitis, peritonitis, purulent-inflammatory processes in the body.
- Usage: single dose for adults 250 mg, in severe conditions, appoint 500 mg every 4-6 hours. The course of treatment is 10-14 days.
- Side effects: attacks of nausea and vomiting, stool, jaundice, allergic reactions.
- Contraindications: hypersensitivity to the components of the medication, severe violations of the liver. With extreme caution is prescribed for allergic reactions in the anamnesis.
A combined agent with two active substances: imipenem and cilastatin sodium. Imipenem is a broad-spectrum beta-lactam antibiotic, sodium cilastatin, a specific inhibitor of the enzyme responsible for the metabolism of imipenem in the kidney and urinary tract. It is available in the form of a solution for injection.
- Indications for use: infections of the genitourinary system, skin and soft tissues, bones, joints. Septicemia, infections of the abdominal cavity and lower respiratory tract and other diseases caused by microorganisms sensitive to imipenem.
- Method of application and dosage: before use it is necessary to determine the sensitivity of microflora. The agent is administered intravenously and intramuscularly. Recommended daily dosage of 1-2 grams in 3-4 divided doses. In severe infections, the dose may be increased to 4 g per day. During treatment, it must be taken into account that the solution should not be mixed with solutions of other antibiotics.
- Side effects: nausea, vomiting, skin allergic reactions, dizziness and headaches, changing the picture of blood. Symptomatic therapy is indicated for treatment.
- Contraindications: hypersensitivity to components, cephalosporin and penicillin antibiotics. With extreme caution is prescribed for patients with allergic reactions in the anamnesis.
Antibiotic-macrolide with bacteriostatic properties. Has a wide range of action against most pathogens. Has a tablet form of release.
- Indications for use: diseases of an infectious and inflammatory nature. Pharyngitis, atypical pneumonia, urethritis, bronchitis, osteomyelitis, toxoplasmosis, prostatitis, skin infections, sinusitis, gynecological pathologies, otitis media, various ENT infections, prevention of meningococcal meningitis.
- Method of administration: Orally 3 tablets per day. The course of treatment is 3-5 days. Side effects and signs of overdose have similar symptoms: skin rashes, itching, epigastric pain, nausea and vomiting, paresthesia, ulceration of the gastrointestinal tract, anaphylaxis, alteration of the blood picture.
- Contraindications: pregnancy and lactation, spiramycin intolerance, allergic reactions to auxiliary components of the drug, pediatrics.
Antibiotic of a wide spectrum of action. It is active against mycobacteria leprosy and tuberculosis, it affects gram-positive and gram-negative microorganisms. It has a tabletted form of release and ampoules for intravenous and intramuscular injection. The drug develops rapidly, but there is no cross-resistance with other antibiotics.
- Indications for use: infections of the urine and biliary tract, tuberculosis of the lungs and other organs, pneumonia, osteomyelitis, gonorrhea, bronchitis. The method of administration and dosage depend on the severity of the disease and the doctor's indications.
- Side effects: skin allergic reactions, digestive disorders, dysfunction of the pancreas and liver, phlebitis.
- Contraindications: patients in infancy, pregnant women, jaundice, kidney disease, hepatitis, hypersensitivity to the drug. Injections are not performed with pulmonary heart failure and phlebitis.
In addition to the antibiotics listed above, the patient may be prescribed antibiotics such as oletetrin, metacycline hydrochloride, fuzidin sodium, cefixime, cefodizim, cefoxitin, cefotaxime, cefuroxime, and others.
A drug with an antipratozoic effect on Trichomonas and Giardia. Tablets, solution, suspension and suppositories are prescribed for trichomonas lesions of the genitourinary system and diseases of the small intestine caused by Giardia.
The use of the drug by women should occur after a regular menstruation. To do this, the genitals and vagina are cleaned with a tampon soaked in a 1% solution of sodium bicarbonate or using douching with this substance. After this, a suppository with nitazole is administered. The procedure is carried out every 8-12 hours, simultaneously with taking 1 tablet 3 times a day. For the treatment of men, oral medication is prescribed.
Nitazole can cause side reactions, as a rule, these are headaches and nausea, dryness of the mucous membranes. The main contraindication to use is intolerance of its components.
Suppresses the development of Trichomonasvaginalis parasitizing the organs of the genitourinary system, as well as Entamoebahistolitica and lamblia. After ingestion, the tablets are rapidly absorbed, and the active components easily penetrate the bacterial cells. The medicine accumulates in the blood and is slowly excreted from the body.
Indications for use: trichomoniasis urethritis, acute and chronic trichomoniasis of men and women, giardiasis. Tablets are taken orally 200-500 mg 1-2 times a day for 5-7 days. Side effects are manifested in the form of moderate leukopenia, headaches and dizziness, impaired coordination of movements, allergic reactions. Tinidazole is contraindicated in the violation of hematopoiesis, CNS diseases in the active phase, in the first trimester of pregnancy and lactation. During treatment it is forbidden to drink alcohol.
Pharmaceutical agent with antiprotozoal action against trichomonads. It is used for urogenital diseases in men and women caused by trichomonads. Used internally and topically. Produced in the form of powder, tablets and vaginal suppositories. The dosage and the way of application is determined by the attending physician. Side effects are manifested in the form of irritation of the mucosa and the appearance of abundant secretions from the urethra.
Candid urethritis is treated with antifungal agents
An antifungal agent active against yeast-like fungi and pathogens of systemic mycoses. Tablets are used for fungal diseases of the genitourinary system, gastrointestinal tract and internal organs. The medicine is taken twice a day for 200-500 mg for 10-14 days. Contraindicated with intolerance of its components, with impaired renal function and with allergic reactions in the anamnesis. Adverse reactions are manifested as a violation of kidney function.
- Amphotericin B
A medication manufactured as an ointment in tubes and vials with 5% glucose solution for intravenous administration. It is active against yeast-like fungi and many pathogens of systemic mycoses. Poorly absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract and non-toxic when administered orally. It is used for fungal diseases, which can not be treated with other drugs. When urethritis is used in combination with antibiotics and other medicines. Dosage and duration of therapy is determined by the attending physician, for each patient individually.
Amphotericin B can cause such adverse reactions: fever, nausea and vomiting, lower blood pressure, decreased appetite. The drug is contraindicated for intolerance to its components, kidney and liver disease, and allergic reactions in the anamnesis.
In addition to the above drugs, with candidiasis urethritis may appoint Klotrimazol, Levorin, Natamycin, Flukanazol and other drugs.
Semisynthetic antibiotic from the group of tetracyclines. Has bacteriostatic properties, is active against many Gram-positive microorganisms. It is available in the form of capsules for oral administration. After oral administration doxycycline is completely absorbed from the digestive tract, food does not affect the absorption process. The maximum concentration in the blood plasma is observed after 2 hours, binding to blood proteins about 95%.
- Indications for use: urethritis, cystitis, pyelonephritis, bronchitis, pneumonia, pleurisy, infections of the ENT organs and the gastrointestinal tract, inflammatory diseases of the pelvic organs in women, prostatitis, epididymitis, purulent infections of soft tissues, prevention of surgical infections and malaria, mycoplasmosis, chlamydia and other infections. The drug is taken twice a day for 100 mg, the course of treatment 10-14 days.
- Side effects: nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, allergic reactions, sweating, headaches and dizziness. The drug is contraindicated in hypersensitivity to its components, in pregnancy and lactation, porphyria, leukopenia, severe hepatic insufficiency.
Medication for internal and external use. It is prescribed for urethritis and infectious diseases of the urinary tract, bronchitis, pleurisy, angina, gallbladder inflammation and other diseases caused by antibiotic-sensitive microorganisms. It is produced in capsules with enteric coating, in the form of suspension and granules for solution preparation. It is taken for 250 mg every 6 hours, the treatment is determined by the doctor.
Side effects of tetracycline are manifested by such symptoms: a decrease in appetite, nausea, vomiting, changes in the mucous membranes, skin allergic reactions. The drug is contraindicated in hypersensitivity to its components, with fungal diseases and kidney disease, leukopenia.
Antibiotic of a wide spectrum of action from group of macrolides. Penetrating into the focus of inflammation, creates high concentrations, having a bactericidal effect. Gram-positive cocci, gram-negative bacteria, some anaerobic microorganisms are sensitive to the drug. The drug is available in the form of tablets and syrup for oral administration.
- Indications for use: infections of the genitourinary system, upper and lower divisions of the respiratory tract, ENT organs, skin, soft tissues, joints. Secondarily infected dermatoses, Lyme disease.
- Method of administration: The medicine is taken one hour before meals once a day. The recommended dosage is 500 mg on the first day of therapy and 250 mg on the 2-5 day of treatment or 500 mg for three days. In case of an overdose, adverse reactions may develop: nausea, diarrhea, abdominal pain, vomiting, increased activity of hepatic enzymes, skin rashes.
- Contraindications: macrolide antibiotic intolerance, severe renal and hepatic impairment, pregnancy and lactation. With extreme caution is prescribed to patients with allergic reactions in the anamnesis.
Antibacterial agent, macrolide. The active substance is a semi-synthetic derivative of erythromycin. It changes the molecules of the substance and improves bioavailability, this expands the spectrum of antibacterial effect and increases the content of clarithromycin in tissues. Has a tablet form of release - tablets with an enteric coating of 250 and 500 mg.
- Indications for use: treatment and prevention of various infectious processes caused by a flora sensitive to the drug. It is prescribed for urethritis, cystitis, pyelitis, sinusitis, pharyngitis, tonsillitis, folliculitis, erysipelas, bronchitis, infections of the dental-jaw system, HIV infection, as well as in the complex therapy of eradication of Helicobacter pylori infection.
- Directions for use: by mouth, regardless of food intake. Tablets should be taken at the same time, in the case of a missed dose, do not increase the dosage. Typically, the doctor appoints to 250-500 mg 2 times a day. Duration of treatment is 5-14 days.
- Side effects: nausea, vomiting, stomatitis, taste change, epigastric pain, headaches and dizziness, increased anxiety, disorientation, tachycardia, changes in blood picture, allergic reactions.
- Contraindications: the age of patients younger than 12 years, allergic reactions to the components of the drug.
- Overdose: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea. To eliminate them, gastric lavage and further symptomatic therapy are indicated. Hemodialysis is ineffective.
Antimicrobial preparation with pronounced bacteriostatic properties. Has a wide spectrum of activity, and its mechanism of action is based on the ability to inhibit the synthesis of proteins in bacterial cells. A significant advantage of the drug is that it slowly develops the resistance of harmful microorganisms. Levomycetin is available in the form of tablets and powder for the preparation of a solution for injection.
- Indications for use: infections of the genitourinary system, abdominal organs, respiratory tract, meningitis, chlamydia, trachoma, tularemia. It is prescribed if it is impossible or inefficient to use other medicines.
- Dosing: The tablets are taken orally 30 minutes before meals or 1 hour after. The recommended dosage is 250-500 mg 3-4 times a day. The course of treatment is 7-12 days. The solution is used for intramuscular and intravenous administration. Dosage and duration of therapy is determined by the attending physician, individually for each patient.
- Side effects: nausea, vomiting, indigestion and stool, intestinal microflora disorders, leukopenia, changes in blood pressure, headache and dizziness, skin allergic reactions.
- Contraindications: intolerance of the components of the remedy, impaired hematopoiesis, severe renal and hepatic pathology, deficiency of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase, fungal skin lesions, acute respiratory infections, infection prevention in operative interventions.
Antiviral drug, effective against viruses of simple and herpes zoster. Its active component acts as an analogue of the purine nucleoside deoxyguanidine, that is, the DNA component. Due to this similarity, the active substance interacts with viral enzymes, stopping their multiplication. Produced in the form of tablets, solution for injection, ointment and cream.
- Indications for use: treatment of herpes rashes on the skin and prevention of new, visceral complications, infectious diseases caused by the virus of simple or herpes zoster, including lesions of internal organs.
- Usage: tablets are taken 250 mg 5 times a day, with intravenous administration, a dosage of 5 mg / kg 3 times a day is used. Duration of treatment is 5-10 days.
- Side effects: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, skin rashes, headaches, fatigue, increased activity of hepatic enzymes. Similar reactions are observed in overdose. To eliminate them, you must stop using the drug and conduct symptomatic therapy.
- Contraindications: hypersensitivity to the components of the drug, pregnancy and lactation.
An antiviral agent, close in structure to acyclovir. It affects not only the herpes virus in the body, but also the cytomegalovirus. It is used for herpes, immunodeficiency states and for complications with the addition of a viral infection. Dosage and duration of therapy is determined by the attending physician.
Side effects are manifested in the form of neutropenia, various disorders of the gastrointestinal tract, allergic reactions. Ganciclovir is contraindicated in pregnancy and lactation, hypersensitivity to medication. With special care is prescribed for patients with impaired renal function.
In addition to the above drugs, with urethritis caused herpes infections, can be prescribed and such drugs: penciclovir, Pharmaciclovir, Valaciclovir.
Antimicrobial and antiprotozoal. The mechanism of action is based on biochemical reduction of the 5-nitro group of metronidazole by intracellular transport proteins of anaerobic microorganisms and protozoa, which leads to the death of pathogens. It is active against a wide range of viruses and bacteria. Produced in the form of suppositories, cream and gel for external use, vaginal gel, powder for the preparation of solution for intravenous administration, suspension, tablets and solution for infusion.
- Indications for use: urethritis, giardiasis, pneumonia, sepsis, bone and joint infections, CNS infections, trichomonas vaginitis, pelvic infection, pseudomembranous colitis, prevention of postoperative complications. Dosage and duration of treatment depend on the severity of the disease and the form of release of the drug, therefore, they are determined by the attending physician.
- Side effects: diarrhea, decreased appetite, intestinal colic, nausea and vomiting, headaches, dizziness, impaired coordination of movements, increased weakness, skin allergic reactions, candidiasis, leukopenia.
- Contraindications: intolerance of the components of the drug, leukopenia, liver failure, pregnancy and breastfeeding, organic lesions of the central nervous system.
Antibacterial agent from the group of fluoroquinolones. It is available in the form of tablets and a solution for infusion. Its effectiveness is maintained at a high level regardless of the form of output. After ingestion, it penetrates well into all organs and tissues. It binds little to the blood plasma proteins, is excreted in the urine unchanged.
- Indications for use: infections of the genitourinary system, bones, joints, soft tissues, gastrointestinal tract. Various gonococcal infections, postoperative complications, sepsis, meningitis, purulent-inflammatory processes in the body.
- Method of application: for uncomplicated urinary tract infections, the drug is taken 250-500 mg 2 times a day. In more severe cases, the dosage can be increased to 750 mg twice a day. The course of treatment is 5-15 days. Intravenous dosage is determined by the doctor.
- Side effects: allergic reactions, swelling of the face and vocal cords, changes in the blood picture, headaches and dizziness, nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, increased fatigue, impaired taste and smell.
- Contraindications: hypersensitivity to quinolones, epilepsy, pregnancy and lactation, patients younger than 15 years, impaired renal function.
If it was found that the urethritis is caused by several pathogens, then the following drugs will be effective: Jozamycin, Ornidazole, Seknidazole, Fluconazole. If it was not possible to find out why urethritis appeared, it is advisable to use Nimorazole or Sexidazal for treatment. In the process of treatment, the patient can be assigned immunostimulants: Anaferon, Gelon, Interferon, Ribomunil, Timalin. There are also homeopathic remedies for the treatment of urethritis: Kantaris, Kopayva and phytopreparations: artichoke field, Gentos, Kanefron.