If a patient comes to a doctor in an acute period, immediately after a traumatic event, he may be prescribed medication. Psychopharmacology is considered effective in certain clinical symptoms that threaten the general condition of the patient. In the appointment of drugs are taken into account such factors:
- Pathogenetic mechanisms of reactive disorder.
- Degree of severity of clinical manifestations.
- Age of the patient.
- Presence or absence of concomitant somatic pathologies.
Excessively small or, on the contrary, overdoses of the drug can neutralize the therapeutic effect, so it is important for the doctor both diagnostic information and identifying the main feature, the "symptom - the target". Targets for pharmaceutical treatment are specific symptoms:
- Excitation with disturbing manifestations. Agitation.
- Explicit psychosomatic symptoms (acute pain in the GI tract, heart).
- Vegetative symptoms.
- High level of depression (suicide risk).
Acute experiences of the stress factor are removed with such medicines:
- A group of neuroleptics.
- Stabilizers of mood - normotimiki.
Antidepressants are considered classic drugs in the treatment of reactive depression. A properly selected drug in the shortest time, in the initial period of the disease, allows you to achieve a result without obvious side effects and addictive syndrome. A marker of successful appointment is an improvement in mood, a common clinical manifestation within the first two weeks.
Treatment of reactive depression also includes such methods:
- Psychotherapy - course not less than three weeks.
- Physiotherapeutic procedures.
- Art therapy.
- Acupuncture, acupuncture.
An integrated approach to treatment makes it possible to achieve full recovery, in which relapses are practically not encountered.
Psychotherapy in reactive depression
In psychogenic disorders, psychotherapeutic sessions are mandatory. Psychotherapy with reactive depression is effective and brings not only temporary comfort to the patient, but also a therapeutic positive result. Methods and techniques that are used in psychotherapy, for more than a hundred years. Before choosing the most appropriate technique, the therapist conducts additional examinations that determine the vector and duration of the course of therapy:
- Assessment of the level of mental disorders.
- Analysis of personality properties.
- Evaluation of the ability to self-therapeutic work.
- Analysis of the rehabilitation resource and potential.
- Drawing up a psychological portrait of the patient.
Clinical and psychological examinations should not last long, testing and surveys usually fit into one session. Further, psycho-corrective work is carried out using the following methods:
- CBT is cognitive-behavioral therapy.
- TKPTT is traumatic focused cognitive-behavioral therapy.
- Interpersonal therapy.
- Art therapy.
- Gestalt therapy.
The format for the provision of psychotherapeutic care can be different - both individual sessions and visits to group therapy. The group form of help is effective when the members of the group have experienced similar in severity and structure trauma (natural disaster, bitterness of loss of a family member, military actions).
The process of the psychotherapeutic course is accompanied by drug support in cases of manifestations of affective reactions or suicidal attempts. To deny pharmacological assistance in the treatment of reactive disorders is unproductive and even dangerous. Psychotherapy and medications help the patient to maintain their psychostatus and within 3-4 weeks get out of the uncomfortable, severe condition without the risk of complications and chronic illness.
Medicamentous care in psychogenic disorders is applied as mandatory. Medicines are excluded if a person owns an effective coping strategy and reacts adequately to a psychotrauma, reprocessing it independently and competently. Unfortunately, very few such cases are encountered, so medicines are prescribed for 90% of people experiencing severe experiences, reactions and anxiety.
The classical choice of drugs is a group of antidepressants that normalize the level of neurotransmitters. The name and type of medication depends on the stage, type and specificity of reactive depression.
Groups of antidepressants differ in tasks and actions:
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors.
- Tricyclic antidepressants.
- Selective inhibitors of reverse neuronal seizure (SSRIs).
- Monoamine receptor agonists.
Also in the treatment are effective tranquilizers, sedatives, neuroleptics, herbal medicine and homeopathy.
Prescribe drugs can only be a doctor - a psychiatrist or psychotherapist, not a psychologist who does not have medical education, not a housemate, and not a pharmacist in a pharmacy. The choice of such a serious medicine is the prerogative of a specialist, taking into account all the features of the disease course and the properties of the patient's body.
The examples given are information, not a recommendation for use.
- Fluoxetine. A SSRI group medicine that improves mood, neutralizing anxiety and stress. It is prescribed for various depressive conditions, obsessions, neurotic disorders. It is shown to apply a course of up to 4 weeks 1 tablet per day. Contraindications - nephropathies, hepatopathies, diabetes mellitus and epilepsy.
- Amitriptyline is a drug from the group of tricyclic antidepressants. It is shown in reactive and endogenous depression, it is effective in treating mixed anxiety-emotional disorders, with neuroses. The dosage depends on the condition and age. Scheme of appointment - 25 mg at bedtime once a day, increasing the dose to 3 doses per day for a month. Then the dosage is changed again, reducing it to 1 tablet. The course of the process should be under the supervision of a physician, who will adjust the drug intake.
- Gidazepam. The drug of the group of day tranquilizers. Has a good anti-anxiety, stabilizing effect for asthenic manifestations of depression, neuroses, psychogenic forms of depression. Removes irritability, improves sleep. Take gidazepam can be up to 3 times a day with a dosage of 0.02 mg. The course of treatment can last up to 2-3 months. Contraindications - pregnancy, hepatopathology, kidney disease, glaucoma.
Please note that the above medicines are only available on special recipes. This indicates not only their effectiveness, but also the inadmissibility of self-treatment.
Traditionally, with all forms and types of depressed mood, when depressed, it is recommended to take a complex of vitamins, including vitamins of group B, as well as ascorbic acid, vitamin E, A, and microelements. This accelerates the process of getting out of the reactive state, strengthens the body's resources and gives strength to the sick person.
Here is an example of the most popular vitamin complexes:
- Multi-tabs In the complex. Includes in the composition of coenzyme vitamin B1, vitamin B6, folic acid, vitamin B2, B12, nicotinamide and pantothenic acid. Take a complex of 1 tablet three times a day for up to one month. The drug has virtually no contraindications, it is prescribed to pregnant women and children from 10 years.
- Neurovitan. The composition includes thiamine, octothiamine, riboflavin, vitamin B6, cyanocobalamin. The complex is suitable for strengthening the nervous system, and is also prescribed for heart disease, diabetes, and immune defenses. The course of admission to 4 weeks, appoint 1 to 3 tablets per day, depending on the age and condition of the patient. Vitamins can be drunk to children, starting from 1 year.
- Milgamma. Neurotropic composition allows to improve nerve conduction, microcirculation of blood. Milgamma is given in injectable or tablet form. The course of treatment lasts up to 1 month. The drug has contraindications - pregnancy, allergic reactions, cardiopathy. Also, it is not prescribed for children under 16 years old.
Non-drug treatment can have a positive effect in the complex therapy of reactive depression. Physiotherapeutic methods have long been used to alleviate the symptoms of neuroses, mood disorders.
Physiotherapeutic treatment of psychogenic diseases, recommended by official protocols:
- Lateral physiotherapy (light therapy). It is carried out with the help of a specific device and glasses, where each lens is divided in color. On the right - red color, on the left - green - for cupping asthenia, phobias. On the contrary - for the treatment of anxiety conditions, agitation. The course is 6-7 procedures.
- Acupuncture or acupuncture.
- Su-Jok therapy.
- Therapeutic relaxing massage.
- Galvanic collar for Shcherbak. The method of influence on the central nervous system and the autonomic nervous system.
- Mesodiencephalic modulation (effects of electrical signals on certain areas of the brain).
- Light Aromophonotherapy.
- Baths with relaxing herbal decoctions.
Note that physiotherapy treatment of reactive depression can not be basic, it only complements a wide range of options and speeds up the recovery process.
A painful state, anxiety, irritation, anger after the received psychotrauma many try to neutralize independently, applying alternative treatment. This option is sometimes effective, if the reactive depression proceeds quickly, without complicated symptomatic manifestations. Of the safe methods, you can recommend only the simplest tips that are included in the alternative treatment:
- Physical activity is feasible.
- Expansion of the assortment of nutrition towards vitaminization. The more vitamins, microelements the body receives, the more it has the strength and resources to fight the disease.
- Fresh air - daily and as much as possible.
- More sunlight. If weather conditions or a season do not allow you to enjoy the sun, you can apply color therapy. Bright hot hues - red, orange, yellow, can defeat apathy. Blue, blue, light purple - to reduce irritability and agitation.
- Warm baths filled with sea salt or essential oil. An antidepressant is an oil of orange, lavender, pine or fir.
- Aromatherapy. The treatment sessions are virtually free and can be arranged at home. Aromatic oil is enough to apply on the inner fold of the elbows, on the lower part of the nape (closer to the neck). Also, you can use aroma lamps if there is no allergy.
Alternative treatment of depression involves the use of decoctions, herbal infusions. However, phytotherapy can not be considered absolutely safe, the recipe and choice of a medicinal plant should be made by a specialist with knowledge and experience in this field.
, , , , , , 
The most famous and respected plant in the treatment of depression is St. John's Wort. Treatment with herbs is impossible without it, and St. John's wort can be used as monotrava, and as part of the phytosboria. Hypericum is the favorite plant of Hippocrates, about which he wrote many centuries ago. Until now, miraculously preserved records with the recipe of those years, which became the basis for the development of pharmacology in general, and the production of drugs for depression in particular.
St. John's wort is an unsafe plant, like all antidepressants produced on the basis of its extract, extract. The therapeutic effect is achieved relatively quickly, but also complications and side effects are possible. An example of the most gentle recipe that needs individual adjustment.
- 1 teaspoon of dried Hypericum flowers are poured into 250 ml of boiling water.
- Insist the broth no more than 5 minutes to a light yellow shade.
- Infusion is taken by 1/3 cup three times a day before meals, for 25-30 minutes.
- Every day, you need to prepare a fresh remedy.
- The course of herbal medicine St. John's wort is 21 days.
- At the slightest sign of adverse adverse events, treatment with St. John's wort should be stopped. It can trigger a drop in blood pressure, allergies.
A medicinal balm can also be effective. It eliminates insomnia, improves the overall psycho-emotional state. The recipe for the decoction is as follows:
- 1 tablespoon of dry leaves and flowers of lemon balm is poured 300ml of cold water.
- The mixture is brought to a boil and boiled for 2-3 minutes.
- The broth is cooled to a warm state and filtered.
- 1 teaspoon of honey is added to the phytotoxic.
- Herbal infusion is used 2-3 times a day, regardless of food intake.
- The course of treatment with melissa can last up to 2 months.
Treatment with herbs, phytogens can supplement the basic therapy, but not replace it completely.
A set of therapeutic measures to neutralize depressive symptoms may include homeopathy. Studies of the effectiveness of homeopathic remedies continue in the same way as disputes about its legitimacy in principle. There is no reliable information about the effectiveness of non-traditional treatment, although homeopathic doctors actively assert the opposite. However, the patients who were saved by homeopathy also stand up for the protection of alternative methods and assure that their condition has improved without the use of synthetic drugs.
Let us dwell on the fact that homeopathy has the right to exist, at least as an addition to the basic methods of therapy. The list below is not intended for self-treatment and is not a recommendation, it is provided only for reference.
Homeopathy in the treatment of jet depressions:
- Nervochel N. Preparation, the basis of which is the ignition. Ignacy is effective for getting rid of seizures, depression, irritation and insomnia. Also in the composition of the Nervohel are bromide, which obviously has a positive sedative effect, phosphoric acid, dry matter from the bag of cuttlefish, valerian-zinc salt. The drug is administered in the form of tablets, applied 1 tablet three times a day for mild forms of depressive disorder. In more serious situations, experts recommend that the tablet be dissolved every 15 minutes for 1.5-2 hours. The drug has no adverse side effects, it is prescribed for children from 1 year, except for pregnant women and mothers who breast-feed their babies.
- Arnica montana. The agent rather refers to phytotherapy, as it is produced from a plant growing in the Alps. Previously, Arnica was used as a medicine for bruises and bruises. Later the spectrum of its application has expanded, and today homeopathy recommends that Arnica Montana as a drug that improves the emotional state. Contraindications - allergies to components, pregnancy and children under 10 years. Reception - 15-20 drops three times a day for 10 days, if the drug is released in liquid form. The tabulated arnica is appointed by the homeopath, depending on the individual characteristics of the patient.
- Nux vomica, the composition of the drug includes bryony, chilibuha, colocintis, lycopodium. Nux vomica works well with depressive symptoms, insomnia, agitation. The drug is not prescribed for pregnant women and children under 1 year. The dosage is chosen by the doctor, but the instructions have such instructions: adult patients - 10 drops three times a day, daily dose of Nux vomica diluted in water (100 ml). Babies up to a year - 6-9 drops, children from 2 to 6 years - 12-15 drops. The drug should be used one hour after a meal. The duration of the course will be determined by a homoeopathic doctor.