In order to get rid of sour odor from the mouth, you need to determine the cause of its appearance and direct the treatment to eliminate the underlying pathology (gastrointestinal illness, oral cavity, ENT organs, metabolic processes, etc.).
Be sure to make an appointment with a dentist: cure sick teeth, gums, remove tartar, etc.
The next step is to stabilize the digestive system. We need to revise our food preferences, increase the share of raw plant foods in the diet, reduce the consumption of harmful foods and sweets.
It is necessary to abandon cigarettes and spirits, as well as from the habit of gorging for the night.
You can try to eliminate the sour smell in such ways:
- chew a few grains of coffee or anise seeds;
- rinse your mouth with antiseptics - you can use Chlorhexidine or Triclosan, or special fresheners of the mouth;
- chew refreshing chewing gum, but not more than 10-15 minutes.
Lower the severity of sour odor from the mouth can be, using antiseptic drugs:
- Triclosan is a phenol that has a strong antibacterial effect. Triclosan neutralizes yeast fungi, inhibits the activity of gram (+) and gram (-) microorganisms, has a harmful effect on other types of microbes. With frequent use of Triclosan, tartar deposition is possible.
- Chlorhexidine is used in 0.05% dilution. Chlorhexidine rinses the oral cavity twice a day: in the morning and at night. Important point: rinse should last at least 1 minute.
- Cetylpyridine is an antimicrobial drug that is often used in ENT practice. A good effect gives Cetylpyridine in combination with an equivalent amount of olive oil.
- If the sour smell is associated with a violation of the digestive processes, the doctor may recommend the use of such drugs:
- Phosphalugel - with increased acidity of gastric juice take 1-2 packs up to 3 times a day, after meals and at bedtime. Taking the drug in large amounts can lead to constipation.
- Creon is used for chronic pathologies of the digestive system, in individually selected dosages. Side effects during treatment with the drug occur rarely and are expressed in dyspepsia or an allergic reaction.
- Almagel is an anti-acid agent, which is taken 1-2 h. Half an hour before meals and at night. Long-term use of the drug (more than 2 weeks) can lead to constipation and drowsiness.
- Rennie is an anti-acid and gastroprotective agent. Tablets in an amount of 1-2 pcs. Retained in the oral cavity until complete resorption. The maximum daily amount of the drug is 16 tablets. Frequent or prolonged use of Rennie can lead to a disorder of stool and hypercalcemia.
In order to always keep the breath fresh and clean, the body needs vitamins:
- Vitamin A provides a stable function of salivary glands, strengthens the gums and teeth.
- Vitamins of group B serve as an excellent prevention of caries and gum disease.
- Ascorbic acid strengthens the gingival tissue, prevents the formation of dental deposits and the development of inflammatory processes in the oral cavity.
- Vitamin E strengthens the periodontium and bone tissue.
- Vitamin K improves the absorption of calcium and vitamin D, eliminates bleeding gums.
- Vitamin PP interferes with the development of an inflammatory reaction in the oral cavity.
- Vitamin D is responsible for the quality of bone tissue, for the formation of dentin and the enamel layer.
Physiotherapy is rarely used to eliminate acid sour breath: before turning to this method of treatment, you need to make sure that the body lacks acute inflammatory processes. If this is not taken into account, then unforeseen complications can arise.
Physiotherapy will help improve the nutrition of tissues in the system of ENT organs, strengthen local immunity, stop the reproduction and development of most pathogenic anaerobic bacteria.
Most often with acidic odor from the mouth, the following procedures are used:
- electrophoresis with medicines;
- electromagnetic beams;
- light therapy.
The choice of an effective procedure directly depends on the initial cause of the appearance of an acidic odor, so this question is decided by the doctor after the final diagnosis is made.
Inflorescences of dried cloves can help with an acidic smell from the mouth. The benefit is the antiseptic properties of the plant - it's enough to put 1-2 cloves of a carnation into your mouth and chew it for a few minutes, then spit it out. Similarly, tea from cloves acts. For its preparation take half a teaspoon of green tea and 2-3 cloves, pour boiling water and insist 5 minutes. They drink like ordinary tea.
Well relieves the sour odor of parsley - it should be chewed for several minutes with an unpleasant odor. If you do not have parsley, you can chew a few needles or fennel seeds.
Many people are perfectly helped by the usual green apple - it should be eaten on an empty stomach, with the appearance of an unpleasant acid in the exhaled air.
A good effect is rinsing the oral cavity with herbal infusions and decoctions. For example, you can use the infusion of alder leaves: 50 g of dried leaves pour boiling water in the amount of 200 ml and insist half an hour.
As an alternative to alder leaves, you can use mint leaves, eucalyptus, or oak bark.
If the sour smell is unambiguously associated with improper operation of the digestive tract, then use an infusion of wormwood, which should be drunk at least 200 ml per day.
If the sour smell is associated with problems in the mouth, then in such cases, often benefits the root of ginger. It is enough to cut a thin plate of the root and chew it for a few minutes.
There are many homeopathic medicines that affect the unpleasant sour smell from the mouth, as well as its cause. Among such means - Rus, Mercury, Bryonia, Hamomilla, Coffea, etc.
Koffea Kruda is used mainly in children, especially if the smell is caused by problems in the oral cavity.
With a sour smell from the mouth that occurs in pregnant women, Sepia will do.
Creosotum is a drug that eliminates a bad odor associated with dental problems.
Nuks Vomica will help if the sour smell is the result of disturbances in the digestive tract: in addition, the drug will eliminate pain, constipation and improper digestion of food.
Tsimitsifuga - a means of homeopathy, helping with the appearance of acid in the mouth after stress and nervous shocks.