Violation of one of the phases of sleep is not a disease. Treatment of carotid paralysis is not an easy task. This is due to the fact that the pathological condition does not lend itself to conservative therapy, but it can be chronic. Proceeding from this, the defect from time to time passes into the stage of remission, but if it worsens, it worsens the quality of life and negatively affects the central nervous system.
Treatment consists of the following stages:
- Organization of the right daily routine. It is necessary to abandon bad habits and lead an active lifestyle. For night rest you need to prepare in advance: to ventilate the room, take a bath, that is, to relax as much as possible. The last meal should be 3 hours before bedtime.
- Strengthening the body. Correctly selected course of vitamin therapy will strengthen resistance to external stimuli. Particular attention should be paid to the diet, the food should be rich in vitamins and minerals necessary for the normal functioning of the body.
- Treatment of chronic diseases. This is one of the factors that can provoke problems with sleep. Timely therapy of neurological, mental and other diseases is a pledge of healthy sleep without awakening.
The success of treatment largely depends on the timely initiation of therapy. If the imbalance appears on a regular basis for several seizures per night, then the help of a neurologist and a somnologist is required.
Since the dissynchronization of the processes of the motor system and consciousness is not classified as a disease, then there are no specific drugs intended for its treatment. All therapy is based on the elimination of factors that adversely affect sleep and the process of recovery. But if the non-pharmacological methods are not sufficiently effective, then the doctor prescribes medicines. As a rule, these drugs improve the process of falling asleep and are used for insomnia, frequent awakenings and other pathological conditions.
- If the doctor has determined that the pain caused by trauma and other factors provoke a disorder, then the patient is prescribed ibuprofen, Diclofenac or other analgesics with a sedative effect.
- If paralysis is associated with an emotional disorder, then use Triazolam or Nitrazepam. With a depressive disorder, Chloralhydrate or Amitriptyline is shown.
- When changing time zones, working at night, as well as in attacks in elderly patients and with a weakened body, use Flurazepam, Zolpidem or Temazepam.
Properly selected medications restore normal sleep, eliminating nightly awakenings, as well as associated feelings of fear and panic. Let's consider more in detail popular medicines:
Melatonin is a substance produced by the pineal gland, it is also called the sleep hormone. The natural output depends on the biological clock of the body, that is, the change of the day-night cycle. The substance has antioxidant activity, prevents the formation of free radicals.
- Indications for use: sleep disturbances, insomnia, delayed sleep phase syndrome, regulation of the biological cycle with frequent changes in time zones. The drug stimulates the immune system, stabilizes blood pressure.
- Melatonin has a tablet form of release, therefore it is intended for oral administration. Patients of adult age I prescribe 1-2 tablets 1-2 hours before bedtime, for children over 12 years, 1 capsule before bedtime.
- Adverse reactions occur extremely rarely. This is possible when the prescribed dosage is exceeded. There is discomfort in the stomach, headaches and a state of depression.
- Contraindicated to use for children under 12 years, during pregnancy and lactation. The medicine is taken only as prescribed by the doctor.
Synthetic analogue of melatonin. Its action is based on the inhibition of the secretion of hormones of the adenohypophysis. Increases the level of serotonin, normalizes circadian rhythms, biological change of sleep and wakefulness. Improves stress resistance, mental and physical performance.
- Indications for use: treatment and prevention of circadian rhythm disturbances, frequent change of time zones. Helps with chronic insomnia, spontaneous nocturnal awakenings and other sleep disorders.
- Tablets are taken orally with water. Adults appoint 1-2 pcs. A day 30 minutes before bedtime at the same time. The duration of therapy should not exceed 1 month. Dosage for the prevention of pathology at night is determined by the doctor. Usually, 1-2 tablets a day for 30 minutes before sleep for 2 months.
- Side effects are manifested by many organs and systems. Most often, patients complain of skin allergic reactions, rash, itching, as well as violations of the gastrointestinal tract. Possible headaches and migraine attacks, frequent mood changes, decreased visual acuity, muscle pain. To eliminate them, you must stop taking the drug and see a doctor.
- Contraindications: individual intolerance to the component of the agent, leukemia, epilepsy, autoimmune diseases, diabetes mellitus. It is not used during pregnancy and lactation, and also for the treatment of patients of childhood. In case of an overdose, disorientation and prolonged sleep develop. For treatment, symptomatic therapy is used.
Supplements of vegetable origin with restorative and soothing properties. As a rule, it is prescribed for patients with frequent seizures, when pathology has caused fear of falling asleep. Herbal composition of the drug increases the body's resistance to stressful situations. Phytocomplex contains such components as herb Leonurus, herb of oregano, folic acid, peony root, hop cones, calcium, potassium chloride, magnesium oxide, vitamins of group B, A, C, D, PP.
- Indications for use: problems with sleep, disorders of the biological cycle, neuroses, high levels of stress, increased nervous reflex excitability, insomnia, headaches and migraine, frequent convulsions. Effective in acute and chronic stress with somatic diseases.
- The method of application and dosage are selected individually for each patient. Adults appoint 1-2 capsules 2-3 times a day during meals, and for children 1 capsule per day. Standard therapy takes 30 days, if necessary, prolong treatment.
- Side effects are possible with intolerance of the components of the drug. Since Neurosteabil is of vegetable origin, it is tolerated well, provided that the prescribed dosages are observed. It is contraindicated to use with hypersensitivity to the components of the drug, during pregnancy and lactation.
In addition to the above drugs, you can use sedative herbal remedies (Valerian, Pustyrnik, Peony Root), but only for the purpose of a somnologist or neurologist.
Well-being and health in many respects depend on a full night's rest. Various seizures, frequent spills and associated stress, undermine the immune system and negatively affect the body. Vitamins are one of the sources that prevent a pathological condition. Let us consider in more detail which vitamins, minerals and trace elements help to normalize sleep:
- Vitamin A - responsible for a full sleep and health of nerve cells. To replenish the stock of this substance you need to eat dried fruits, especially dried apricots, hard cheese varieties, egg whites and butter, raw carrots and sweet potatoes.
- Vitamins of group B - normalize the process of falling asleep, protect the body from stress, chronic fatigue and disruption of the brain. B1 is a natural antioxidant and relieves nervous tension. Contained in cereals (buckwheat, wheat, oatmeal), sea kale, milk. B6 eliminates nervousness, helps to fall asleep, improves mood. Contained in prunes, milk, seeds, pork, mashed potatoes and nuts. B12 is responsible for the full operation of the brain. With its deficiency, there is insomnia and frequent attacks of night stupor. Vitamin is in beef, pork, liver, dairy products and eggs.
- Vitamin C - promotes the development of anti-stress hormones, which prevent nervousness and irritability. Contained in lemons, oranges, grapefruit, spinach, cauliflower, sweet pepper, tomatoes, gooseberry.
- Vitamin D - is necessary in the event that after a dream you do not feel rested, fatigue and yawning persecute throughout the day. The body receives the vitamin from the sun, that is, when sunbathing, as well as from sea fish and algae.
- Vitamin E - is responsible for the normal operation of the brain, controls fatigue and drowsiness. To make up for its deficiency, the diet should have nuts, olive and sunflower oil.
- Magnesium - if there are problems with falling asleep and frequent awakenings, then the body lacks this substance. For its replenishment in the daily diet should be vegetables, pumpkin seeds, various nuts, legumes and fish.
- Potassium - with its lack, there is an alarming dream, frequent nocturnal awakenings. Potassium will hold back in bananas, vegetables, baked potatoes with peel.
As an auxiliary method with an imbalance between the motor system and consciousness, physiotherapy is often used. It has its own characteristics, therefore the type of procedure is determined by the doctor, focusing on the severity of pathological symptoms. The treatment is aimed at toning and psycho-stimulation of the body for the normalization of the autonomic nervous system.
Physiotherapeutic treatment consists of such procedures:
- Electrophoresis with sedative, sedative medications.
- Massage to normalize blood circulation, relieve tension and anxiety.
- Electrosonotherapy - the impact of a constant current pulse on the central nervous system.
- Relaxing baths with sea salt, essential oils, pearl, oxygen and iodide-bromine baths.
- Galvanization of the collar zone - the impact on the nerve end of the current.
- Acupuncture - applying to the body of special needles for acupuncture points to stimulate the body.
- Aerotherapy - climatotherapy with the use of free air.
- Electrosleep - treatment with weak low-frequency electric pulses. For this, the patient's eyelids are placed with electrodes that transmit current to the brain and blood vessels.
Physiotherapy is carried out in hydropathic institutions, sanatoriums or massage rooms.
The night phenomenon is known from ancient times. To eliminate it, an alternative treatment was used, which does not lose its relevance to this day. Nontraditional methods of therapy are based on the use of only plant components that effectively and safely eliminate sleep disorders, drowsiness, insomnia and other disorders.
Popular alternative recipes for sleep paralysis:
- For a quick and easy falling asleep, it is recommended to take a glass of warm milk and mix with a spoonful of honey. You need to drink immediately before bedtime.
- A warm bath with aromatic oils of lavender, mint and rose (5-7 drops) will help to relax, relieve tension. As a rule, after such a procedure, sleep lasts until the morning without any awakening.
- 200 g honey mixed with 30 ml apple cider vinegar to a homogeneous consistency. For 30-40 minutes before bedtime, take a couple of spoons of the mixture. This will speed up falling asleep and help to relax as much as possible.
- Before going to bed, you can prepare a soothing tea with a hypnotic effect with mint, hawthorn and melissa. Take all the ingredients in equal proportions, pour boiling water, let it brew for 20 minutes and strain. You can drink tea with honey. After such a means, a relaxing bath is perfect.
In most cases, alternative treatment does not have a detrimental effect on the body, but to avoid unwanted reactions, it is better to consult with your doctor.
The safest and at the same time effective means for normalizing the phases of sleep, the process of falling asleep and eliminating insomnia, is the treatment with herbs. Vegetable components gently act on the body, without causing side reactions.
Effective recipes for herbal treatments:
- A handful of crushed fresh flowers of sleep-grass, pour 500 ml of vodka and let it brew in a dark, cool place for 10-15 days. The received means it is necessary to filter and accept on 10 ml before a dream.
- 20 g of herb valerian pour 250 ml of boiling water and let it brew. The resulting infusion is filtered and taken in 100 ml.
- A handful of dry crushed hawthorn fruit pour 400 ml of boiling water and insist for 1-2 hours. Infusion should be filtered and drunk in three meals for 30-40 minutes before rest.
- Take in equal proportions the herb of valerian, mint, hop cones, crushed chicory root and honey. All the ingredients must be mixed, pour boiling water and insist until completely cooled. A strained drink is taken 1-1.5 hours before the night rest.
- Dry flowers of calendula, thyme and motherwort in a proportion of 1: 1: 1 pour 250 ml of boiling water and cook over low heat for 10 minutes. Warm the infusion, add honey and drink at night.
Before applying any herbal infusions, it is necessary to consult the attending physician, as they may interact poorly with the drugs taken or strengthen certain pathologies of the body.
Alternative medicine or homeopathy, is used in the treatment of many diseases. It is used for insomnia, sleep disorders and as a method of eliminating sleepy paralysis. Homeopathic preparations are used only for medical purposes, after determining the cause of the pathological condition.
To treat the sleep phase disorder in the homeopathic arsenal are more than 1000 different means. The form, dosage form and dosage of the medicine are individual for each patient. This minimizes the risk of developing side effects, addiction or withdrawal symptoms.
Common homeopathic remedies:
- Aconite - helps with frequent awakenings, restless dreams, insomnia associated with anxiety and stress, as well as inability to fall asleep.
- Arnica - is used in the event that the cause of a night stupor is increased physical activity or overexertion.
- Koffea - effective for violations associated with increased mental activity.
- Nux Vomica - frequent nocturnal awakenings, several paralysis attacks per night, gloomy dreams, early awakening and a heavy morning's sleep, severe drowsiness and yawn during the day.
The best effect of treatment is possible with a positive attitude of the patient. The less you dwell on the problem, the calmer the sleep will be.
To treat involuntary seizures during sleep, as a rule, non-drug methods are used. That is, different physiotherapy procedures, observance of daily routine, nutrition and much more. The use of medications is used extremely rarely, when the state of stupor is a symptom of other pathologies of the body.
Operative treatment of carotid paralysis is possible in the event that the disorder has appeared, for example, as a result of breathing disorders caused by snoring. The operation is carried out to eliminate the root cause. A full-fledged diagnostics allows to reveal all factors of sleep phase disorders and to select the most effective methods of treatment.