Information about doctor
Professor Zvi Ram is one of the most authoritative experts in the field of neuro-oncology and neurosurgery. His clinical experience is more than 30 years, including 5 years of service as a medical officer in the Israel Defense Forces. International expert and highly qualified specialist in the treatment of such diseases:
- Damage to the brain and pituitary gland.
- Diseases of the nervous system.
- Removal of tumors.
- Treatment of brain injury.
The doctor is known for the most complex operations on the brain and spinal cord, pituitary gland. Thanks to his work, thousands of patients from around the world have returned to full-fledged life.
The doctor’s specialization includes the following areas:
- Minimally invasive operations on the pituitary gland (access through the nose).
- Removal of brain tumors using stereotactic radiosurgery.
- Treatment of severe epilepsy with honey resection or implantation of the electrode.
- Functional neurosurgery.
Zvi Ram uses minimally invasive neurosurgical techniques. Uses innovative systems of intraoperative navigation and visualization, allowing you to navigate in the surgical field and act with maximum precision. Due to this, the risk of damage to important structures of the brain and spinal cord is minimal.
To date, the doctor Zvi Ram is a professor in the Department of Neurosurgery at the Sackler Graduate School of Medicine at Tel Aviv University. A member of many international professional organizations. Researcher, scientist, on account of which more than 130 scientific works. It makes a huge contribution to the development of global and Israeli neurosurgery.
Education and work experience
- He graduated from the Faculty of Medicine of Tel Aviv University, Israel.
- He completed an internship in neurosurgery in the center of Sheba, Israel.
- Member of major research projects. He participated in the development of gene therapy in the treatment of brain tumors in the Department of Neurosurgery at the National Institute of Health in the city of Bethesda, USA.