As for most genetic diseases, there is no specific therapy for Russell-Silver Syndrome. The activities and medicines that are used in the Russell-Silver Syndrome are aimed at normalizing the appearance of the child and improving the quality of his life.
With a significant delay in growth, the patient is assigned a recombinant human growth hormone - a peptide hormone substance that completely coincides with the human hormone of the anterior lobe of the pituitary gland. Such treatment begins in childhood, not later than 13-14 years. Recombinant growth hormone consists of 191 amino acids, and is produced as a light sublimated powder for injections. Duration of treatment RHRH can be from 3-4 months or more. The dose of a hormone can be 10-20 units per day (for women it is possible to reduce the dosage to 4-8 units). Among the side effects in the treatment of RHRCH are such symptoms as headache, visual impairment, edema of the optic nerve, hearing disorders, pancreatitis, edema, allergic reactions.
Treatment of growth hormone syndrome should be initiated, the earlier, the better. The recommended amount of the drug for use in childhood is 0.1-0.2 units per kilogram of body weight three times a week (intramuscularly or subcutaneously).
Unnecessarily early sexual development is amenable to correction after the use of hormonal drugs. Boys are assigned chorionic gonadotropin for 3 months in combination with methyltestosterone. Girls receive estrogen treatment. Also use synestrol (in the first half of the monthly cycle) and chorionic gonadotropin (in the second half of the monthly cycle).
With thyroid-stimulating hormone deficiency, substitution treatment with thyroid hormones is used.
When corticotropin deficiency is taken hydrocortisone in a dosage of not more than 10-15 mg per m 2 per day.
With a deficiency of gonadotropic hormones, steroid hormones are prescribed until the age of bone age is associated with the onset of puberty. It is better to start such treatment from 5-7 years of age, but not later than 18 years.
Children with dwarfish genitalia spend several three-month courses of intramuscular injections of testosterone-enanthate, in an amount of 25 mg once every 4 weeks. Such treatment will allow you to adjust the size of the genital organs without side effects on the musculoskeletal system.
With insufficient pituitary function and deficiency of the releasing factor, a good effect is expected from the use of the releasing hormone. He is appointed for six months every 3 hours.
In addition, in the Russell-Silver syndrome, a restorative treatment is prescribed:
- vitamins A and D;
- complex preparations with calcium, phosphorus and zinc;
- diet food with an emphasis on protein foods and vitamins (vegetables, fruits, herbs, berries, nuts, etc.).
Physiotherapeutic methods are used to improve the function of the neuromuscular system, to normalize the vegetative processes, to eliminate and prevent dystrophic disorders. The following methods can be a good choice for the treatment of Russell-Silver syndrome:
- neuroelectrostimulation, drug electrophoresis with anticholinesterase drugs;
- electrostatic massage, amplipulsophoresis, diadynamic therapy, myoelektrostimulation;
- darsonvalization, manual therapy;
- therapeutic baths (pearl, coniferous), contrast shower, aerotherapy;
- nonselective chromotherapy.
Sanatorium treatment in sanatoriums is encouraged, depending on the presence of background diseases of internal organs.
Improve the state of the patient with Russell-Silver syndrome with the help of prescriptions of alternative medicine.
- We take three heads of garlic, separate the lobules and grind them. Add the four lemons passed through the meat grinder along with the rind, 200 g of flaxseed oil and 1 liter of honey. Mix all the ingredients with a wooden spatula. We take three times a day for half an hour before a meal of 1 tsp.
- Take 200 g of chopped onion and the same amount of sugar, pour 0.5 liters of water, mix, put on a small fire. Boil for an hour and a half, cool, add 3-4 st. L. Honey. Accepted for 1 tbsp. L. Three times a day.
- Daily it is necessary to eat 100 g of dried fruits, such as dried apricots, bananas, raisins.
- Take 1 glass of whole pure oats, pour 0.5 liters of hot water and boil on low heat for about 40 minutes. After that we remove from the fire and insist under the lid for at least an hour. The broth is filtered out, we add honey to taste. We take 100-150 ml 4 times a day for 30 minutes before a meal.
The total duration of treatment by alternative methods is from 3 months to 1 year, depending on the severity of the symptoms of the disease.
, , , , , 
- The bark of the barberry bush is filled with quality vodka in the ratio 1:10, we insist 7 days in the dark. Drink 30 drops three times a day, previously diluted in 100 ml of water.
- Steam in 250 ml of boiling water 1 tsp. Dry grass adonis, we insist 1 hour under the lid. We drink three times a day for 1 tbsp. L.
- Steam in 250 ml of boiling water 1 tsp. Dried cucumber grass, we insist during the night under the lid. In the morning we begin the reception: 1 tbsp. L. Up to 6 times a day.
In addition to alternative treatment of the syndrome, it is recommended to regularly add cinnamon, pine nuts, cedar oil, linseed oil to food.
Homeopathic treatment of patients with Russell-Silver syndrome can positively affect the overall well-being and quality of life if the drug is taken at an early stage in the development of major symptoms.
To improve the condition, such homeopathic preparations can be recommended:
- Belladona 200, twice a week, with frequent ARVI, problems with teething;
- Sulphuris LMI once a week with poor immunity, skin problems;
- Calcium fluoricum 1000 - 1 pellet per 100 ml of water, one teaspoon once a week;
- Growth-norm - in violation of mineral metabolism, disorders of the central and autonomic nervous system, in osteoporosis, immunodeficiency - three times a week, 5 granules under the tongue.
Operative treatment for Russell-Silver syndrome is not always used, but only in cases when certain symptoms bring discomfort or affect the quality of life of the patient. Indications for surgery may include:
- cleft palate;
- improper disposition of teeth and anomaly of development of lower jaw;
- Clinodactyly - curvature or abnormal development of the fingers;
- kammdodactyly - an innate variant of contracture;
- syndactyly - fusion of fingers;
- defects in the development of genital organs.
The question of the optimal age for the operation is decided individually: some anomalies require more rapid elimination, and violations such as defects in the structure and development of the genitals, it is better to operate on reaching the sexual maturity of the patient.