Violation of the eyeball upward movements does not have specific therapy. Treatment of Parino syndrome is aimed at eliminating the cause, if possible, of causing it. That is, the whole emphasis is on the etiology of the disease. If the disorder is of an infectious nature, then massive antibiotic therapy in combination with corticotherapy is indicated. In case of tumor invasions, X-ray therapy and surgery are performed.
If the disorder is associated with the injuries received, then surgical intervention is possible. The patient undergoes a bilateral recession of the lower rectus muscle, which frees the upper view, improves the convergence movement and retraction of the nystagmus. Treatment is supplemented by the intake of vitamin complexes and physiotherapy.
The treatment plan and choice of drugs for Parino syndrome depends entirely on the cause of the disease. Medicines are chosen by the attending physician, based on the anamnesis and etiology of the pathological condition.
- Spinal cord injuries - drugs are selected, focusing on the nature of damage. As a rule, these are broad-spectrum antibiotics (Amoxicillin, Tetracycline, Ciprofloxacin, Chloramphenicol), with spinal shock, Dopamine and Atropine are used. To eliminate the effects of hypoxia of the brain, Diphenin, Relanium and Vitamin E.
Bactericidal antibiotic of a broad spectrum of action from the group of semisynthetic penicillins. It is used for various inflammatory lesions and for them. It has several forms of release (tablets, capsules, solution for oral administration, suspension, powder for injection). Dosage and duration of therapy depend on indications for use. Side effects are manifested in the form of allergic reactions (hives, swelling, conjunctivitis), joint pain and development of superinfection are possible. The main contraindication is an increased sensitivity to penicillins, pregnancy, a tendency to allergic reactions.
It is used for shock conditions of various etiologies. Improves hemodynamics in vascular insufficiency and other pathological conditions. Used intravenously drip with a solution of glucose or isotonic sodium chloride solution. Side effects can cause heart palpitations, ischemia, arrhythmia. Contraindicated to use in diseases of the thyroid gland, tumor lesions of the adrenal gland, heart rhythm disturbances.
It is prescribed to eliminate convulsive conditions of various etiology, acute psychomotor agitation, neurotic and neurosis-like disorders. Has several forms of release, which determine the way of application. Depending on the patient's condition, the doctor prescribes the dosage and course of treatment. Contraindications: myasthenia gravis, angle-closure glaucoma, shock state. Overdosing manifests itself in the form of oppression of consciousness of varying severity, lowering blood pressure, and increased drowsiness. To eliminate this condition, symptomatic therapy and gastric lavage are indicated.
- Myositis of the oculomotor muscles - symptomatic therapy with anti-inflammatory NSAIDs (Analgin, Ibuprofen, Akamizone) and pain medications (Ibuklin, Tempalgin) is indicated. Also possible use of antibiotics, corticosteroids and immunosuppressors.
A derivative of phenylacetic acid with anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties. It is used for inflammatory and degenerative diseases of the musculoskeletal system, expressed pain syndrome, algodismenore, infectious and inflammatory defeats of the body. The drug is taken by 25 mg 2-3 times a day, the duration of treatment is determined by the doctor. The drug is contraindicated in case of hypersensitivity to its components, aspirin triad, blood clotting disorders, during pregnancy and erosive and ulcerative gastrointestinal lesions. Adverse reactions are manifested by adverse symptoms from all organs and systems. Most often, patients face allergic reactions, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, increased drowsiness.
Combined analgesic with a pronounced antispasmodic effect. It is used in severe pain syndrome caused by spasms of smooth muscles and painful sensations of another etiology. The drug is released in the form of tablets for oral administration. For treatment appoint 1-2 tablets 2-3 times a day, but not more than 6 tablets a day. Side effects are manifested by disorders of the gastrointestinal tract, nausea and vomiting, pain in the epigastric region. Also possible allergic reactions, increased blood pressure, headaches, difficulty urinating. Spazmolgon is contraindicated in case of intolerance of its components, suspicions of surgical pathologies, violation of the hematopoiesis system, severe renal / hepatic insufficiency.
- Multiple sclerosis - treatment of the disorder of the spinal cord and the brain is complex and quite lengthy. Ophthalmic disorders of varying severity can occur at all stages of the disease. For the treatment of drugs used to stop the progression of pathology: Dexamethasone, Prednisolone, ACTH, and others.
Glucocorticosteroid with anti-inflammatory and antiallergic properties. It is used with a sharp drop in blood pressure, a shock state after trauma or surgical intervention, with severe infectious lesions, allergic conditions. Dosage is individual for each patient, as a rule, the drug is taken 10-15 mg 1-2 times a day. Side effects: nausea, dizziness, oppression of consciousness, allergic reactions.
Antitumor agent. It is used for multiple sclerosis at all stages, oncological lesions of the breast, non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, leukemia. It has several forms of release, the dosage depends on the indications for use and the doctor's recommendations. The drug is contraindicated in case of hypersensitivity to its components, during pregnancy and lactation, acute myocardial infarction, angina pectoris, infectious diseases. Side effects are manifested in the form of oppression hemopoiesis, disorders of the digestive system. Allergic and local reactions are possible. Treatment is symptomatic.
- Stroke stroke - drug therapy is used as an auxiliary, since the main emphasis is on surgical intervention. From medicines such preparations can be appointed or nominated: Flunarizinum, Nimodipinum.
A drug that relaxes smooth muscles and blocks calcium channels. Improves cerebral circulation, reduces the severity of vestibular disorders. Has antihistamine and anticonvulsant action. It is prescribed for dizziness due to cerebral circulation disorders and vestibular disorders. The drug is taken 10 mg once a day. Side effects cause drowsiness, extrapyramidal disorders, changes in body weight.
Antagonist of calcium ions, affects the blood supply to the brain and reduces hypoxic phenomena. It is used to treat and prevent ischemic impairment of cerebral circulation. Dosage and duration of treatment depend on the severity of the pathological condition. Possible side effects: hypotension, headaches and other dyspepsia. The drug is contraindicated for use in pregnancy, brain edema, impaired renal function and acute increase in intracranial pressure.
- Tumors in the middle brain or pineal gland are surgical treatment, in combination with radiation therapy and medicines. Patients are prescribed anti-inflammatory and analgesic agents - ketofen, antidepressants - amitriptyline, antipsychotic and diuretic drugs - haloperidol, hydrochlorothiazide and other medications.
Tricyclic antidepressant with a pronounced sedative and timoanaleptic effect. It is used in depressive states, anxiety-depressive and emotional disorders, neurogenic pains and for the prevention of migraine. The drug is taken orally at 50-75 mg per day in 2-3 divided doses. Side effects provoke increased intraocular pressure, dry mouth, constipation, fever, headaches, increased weakness. Overdose is manifested by increased side reactions, for its elimination, it is necessary to stop therapy. Antidepressant is contraindicated in heart failure, arterial hypertension, ulcerative lesions of the gastrointestinal tract, impaired conduction of the cardiac muscle.
Neuroleptic with antipsychotic effect. It is used for delusions, hallucinations, acute and chronic psychoses, as well as for the complex treatment of pain syndrome. The drug is taken at 150-300 mg per day, with intramuscular and intravenous administration, 0.4-1 ml of a 0.5% solution is indicated. Side effects are manifested in the form of extrapyramidal disorders and insomnia. The drug is contraindicated in cases of organic lesions of the central nervous system, violations of cardiac conduction and kidney disease.
All of the above drugs are used only for medical purposes and after establishing the true cause of vertical paralysis.
Supranuclear paralysis of associated eye movements requires comprehensive treatment. Vitamins are prescribed in conjunction with the main therapy of the disease that caused the Parino syndrome. Vitamin preparations are needed to strengthen the eye muscle and restore its work. Eyes are necessary as fat-soluble (A, E, D), and water-soluble (C, B) vitamins.
- A - retinol is a component of the visual pigment, which converts light that enters the nerve impulses on the retina. Deficiency of this substance affects the visual acuity and reduces the protective properties of the immune system.
- E, D - tocopherol is used for myopia, as it minimizes the risk of detachment of the retina. Calciferol improves calcium absorption and is necessary for normal muscle contraction.
- C - ascorbic acid strengthens the walls of the blood vessels of the eyes and improves its blood supply. Used to prevent cataracts, reduce eye strain and fatigue.
- Group B - vitamin B1 takes part in the transmission of nerve impulses in the eye nerves and the formation of an intraocular pressure reducing enzyme. B2 is part of the visual pigment and protects the retina from UV radiation. B3 improves the blood supply to the eye by lowering blood cholesterol, regulates higher nervous activity. B6 relieves tension from the eyes, prevents disorders and inflammation of the optic nerve. B12 improves the condition of the optic nerve, it is used as a preventive measure of glaucoma.
- Lutein - strengthens the lens and retina, protects against pathological changes, supports the normal functioning of the eye. Suppresses the formation of free radicals, reflects a harmful blue color, improves the indices of neurons in the central zone of the retina. Increases visual acuity, has antioxidant properties.
- Anthocyanins are anti-inflammatory compounds and antioxidants that protect against retinopathy. The substances strengthen the walls of the blood vessels of the retina and promote the removal of lipofuscin from the eye tissues.
- Zinc - a deficiency of this mineral disrupts the absorption of glucose by the lens of the eye and can lead to the development of cataracts.
- Omega - 3 - improves the nutrition of the eyeball, supports retinal health, prevents inflammation.
- Selenium removes oxidation products from the body and stops the age-related destruction of the visual apparatus. Protects the eye tissue from oxygen radicals.
- Copper - this microelement is part of the enzyme antioxidant defense of the body. Improves the absorption of iron, which is necessary for the synthesis of hemoglobin. Accelerates the oxidation of vitamin C and takes part in the healing processes.
- Potassium - improves blood flow to the organs of vision, fights with eye fatigue.
All the above vitamins and minerals are present in food. There are also specialized dietary supplements and nutritional supplements, which are useful for oculomotor disorders.
Violations of eyeball movements of any severity require complex therapy. Physiotherapeutic treatment of Parino syndrome is aimed at strengthening the muscle, which is responsible for the movement of the organs of vision. The patient is prescribed:
- Paraffin-ozocerite and mud applications.
- Laser therapy.
Physiotherapy is used in the initial stages of the disorder, for its prevention and reduction of pathological abnormalities. But, without medication the exercises will not help to eliminate the violations.
Treatment of the spinal midbrain syndrome completely depends on the reasons that triggered it. Alternative treatment is used for light injuries of the eye muscles, which are not associated with severe pathological processes in the body.
Consider the popular recipes for the treatment of paresis of eye movement:
- If paralysis is associated with Parkinson's disease, which has appeared against the background of cerebral artery atherosclerosis, it is recommended to take the juice and fruits of feijoa. This plant leads to a persistent improvement.
- A teaspoon of dried peony roots pour 250 ml of boiling water, wrap and let it brew for 1 hour. Once the infusion has cooled, it must be filtered and taken 1 tablespoon 3 times a day for 20 minutes before meals. Medicinal properties is possessed by an alcoholic tincture of the peony (drugstore), which is taken on 30-40 drops 3 times a day.
- A teaspoon of leaves of sumac, pour 250 ml of boiling water and let it brew for an hour. The drug should be filtered and take 1 tablespoon 3-4 times a day.
- Two teaspoons of herbs Voroniki pour 250 ml of boiling water, cook over low heat and let it brew for 2 hours. After cooling, strain and take 1/3 cup 3 times a day.
Before using untraditional methods of treatment, it is necessary to consult with the attending physician.
If the Parino syndrome is associated with pathologies on the part of the central nervous system, many patients resort to treatment with herbs. This method is effective in the event that the weakening of motor functions and the reduction of the muscular forces of the eyes is associated with disorders of the nervous system.
- One tablespoon of the snakehead, pour 250 ml of boiling water and let it sit for 2-3 hours. Take 3 tablespoons 2-3 times a day before meals. If desired, you can add a spoonful of honey to the medicine.
- Two teaspoons of dry herbs Marin root pour 250 ml of boiling water and leave for 1-2 hours. After cooling, strain, and take before eating 1/3 cup 2-3 times a day. This recipe is effective in the defeat of nerve fibers and paresis.
- If the disorder is of an infectious nature, then you can use the fresh grass of the porcloak garden. Pour 1 tablespoon of vegetable raw material 250-300 ml of boiling water and leave for 2 hours. Means take 2-3 tablespoons before meals 3-4 times a day.
- 5 g of tobacco leaves pour 250 ml of boiling water and let it brew for 1 hour. After cooling, the infusion should be filtered and taken 1 tablespoon 2-3 times a day. If desired, you can add a spoonful of honey to the medicine.
To prevent possible allergic and other adverse reactions, you should consult your doctor before using the above prescriptions.
An alternative treatment for many diseases is homeopathy. When paralysis of the vertical gaze is recommended such means:
- Gelseminum - is used for paralysis of the eye muscles and for paresis of the pectoral muscles.
- Causticum - used for all kinds of paresis. The drug can be taken in conjunction with other drugs.
- Kalium jodatum - effective for paralysis of the eye's nerve.
- Mercurius jodatus flavus - oculomotor disorders of any etiology, complete paralysis of all eye fibers.
The above preparations can be taken only by the prescription of a homeopath physician, who selects the medication and its dosage for each patient individually. As a rule, funds are taken in a 30-fold dilution to reduce pathological symptoms.
If the Parino syndrome has a tumor origin, then surgical treatment is indicated. Surgical intervention is performed in severe spinal cord injuries, brain damage and other neurosurgical pathologies.
Most often, the operation is performed with tumors of the pineal gland, which squeezes the center of the vertical view, causing paralysis of the eye. Such treatment is complemented by radiotherapy and chemotherapy, which is aimed at the destruction of malignant cells. If the oculomotor disorder is associated with a stroke, then the operation is not performed. Therapy is aimed at restoring some functions of eye control.