Since neglected microbial eczema tends to easily turn into the true, and also has other unpleasant consequences, its treatment should be started immediately after the appearance of the first signs of the disease. Since the allergic factor comes to the fore in the disease, it is no longer possible to get rid of it, the treatment of microbial eczema is to alleviate the patient's condition and stop the recurrence of the inflammatory process on the skin.
In order for the treatment to be successful, it is necessary to treat not only the external foci of the disease, but also pathologies that have caused microbial eczema.
An integrated approach to the therapy of a bacterial-inflammatory disease includes local treatment, systemic and physiotherapy, proper nutrition.
Preparations for the treatment of microbial eczema can be divided into 2 groups:
- external means for the removal of external manifestations of the disease,
- means for internal use as part of systemic therapy.
External means for local treatment of skin diseases:
- solutions of antiseptics for the treatment of damaged surfaces and compresses (boric acid 2% rr, resorcinium 1% rr, rr of brilliant green, lead water),
- ointments with drying effect (zinc, ichthyol, naphthalan ointment),
- ointments with antibiotics ("Bactroban" - ointment with antibiotic, "Drapolen" and "Dettol" - antiseptic creams with antibacterial effect, erythromycin, tetracycline and other ointments),
- external means for the treatment of fungal skin lesions (ointments "Exoderil", "Loceril", etc.) in the case of a mycotic form of the disease,
- non-hormonal anti-inflammatory drugs (Radevit, Eplan, Fenistil, Gystan, etc.)
- anti-inflammatory ointments and sprays containing corticosteroids are used in the case of a common eczema that affects a large area of the body (Advantan, Lokoid, Celestodarm, etc.)
- with extensive pathologies during remission - drugs that inhibit the synthesis of calcineurin ("Pimecrolimus", "Tacrolimus").
Medicines for systemic therapy:
- anti-allergic (antihistamines) (Diazolin, Zirtek, Suprastin, Lomilan, Loratodin) to relieve the painful symptoms of allergies such as skin rash, itching, inflammation. Intravenously drip doctors can prescribe solutions of calcium chloride and sodium thiosulfate.
- drugs-immunomodulators for reducing the activity of the immune system,
- antimicrobial oral agents (broad-spectrum antibiotics for microbial eczema fight against possible bacterial pathogens): Ampicillin, Ofloxacin, Doxycycline, Ciprofloxacin, and Cefazolin in the form of IM injections
- antifungal drugs ("Fluconazole", "Fucis" and others.
- sedatives (sedatives) that relieve psychoemotional stress and allow you to calmly rest at night (preparations of valerian and motherwort, light sleeping pills),
- vitamin complexes containing in a sufficient amount vitamins of group B, E and retinoids,
- corticosteroids (Prednisolone, Dexamethasone, Triamcinolone, etc.) with extensive severe skin lesions,
- cytostatics ("Cyclosporine", "Methotrexate") are also prescribed only in case of generalized infection.
Physiotherapeutic treatment includes many methods of physical impact, improving the condition of patients with microbial eczema. The most effective methods are: irradiation of the skin with ultraviolet rays (as an option PUVA-therapy ), UHF-irradiation, laser and magnetic therapy, drug electrophoresis, ozone therapy.
Surgical treatment is prescribed primarily with varicose eczema or to prevent it.
Ointments and oral means for fighting bacterial infection
Since the disease has multiple external manifestations, the ointments with microbial eczema are the main therapeutic agents that help to significantly alleviate the patient's condition, removing inflammation and unpleasant allergy symptoms. And since the disease is still associated with a bacterial infection, it can not do without external agents with an antimicrobial effect.
Ointment "Bactroban" is an effective antimicrobial agent for topical application on the basis of antibiotic mupirocin, which does not have cross-resistance with other antibiotics, which makes it possible to use it as part of complex therapy of microbial eczema. The drug is intended for the treatment of staphylococcal and streptococcal infections. It is used in case of development of secondary bacterial pathologies.
A thin layer of ointment is covered with lesions 3 times a day. For application use a tampon made of cotton wool or bandage. The course of treatment is 10 days.
Contraindication to the use of ointment is only hypersensitivity to the components of the drug.
Side effects are expressed mainly in hypersensitivity reactions with rashes, burning and itching on the skin. Less commonly, ointment can cause nausea, gastralgia, headaches, systemic allergic reactions.
"Tetracycline" is a 3% ointment with antibiotic of bacteriostatic action, used for infectious purulent pathologies, including microbial eczema. It eliminates the inflammatory process, significantly reduces the activity of pathogenic microflora, stimulates the regeneration of the skin.
To the affected area, the ointment can be applied several times a day (as directed by the doctor). The course of treatment is also determined by the attending physician.
Ointment is not prescribed for hypersensitivity to its components, severe violations of the liver, low level of leukocytes, the presence of fungal infection. In pediatrics use since 8 years. When pregnancy is used only in 1 and 2 trimester.
With external use, the antibiotic is well tolerated. Occasionally, local reactions may occur in the form of burning or itching, flushing of the skin. Systemic reactions can be observed only with prolonged use of the drug.
"Erythromycin" in the form of an ointment is a bacteriostatic agent for topical application, which has a broader spectrum of antibacterial activity.
Ointment can be used to treat the skin since the period of newborn. You can apply it 2-3 times a day. The therapeutic course is usually 6-9 weeks.
Assign it to patients in the absence of hypersensitivity to the components of the drug. As side effects can be identified local allergic reactions and manifestations of irritant action of the drug.
In the case of a mycotic and mixed form of microbial eczema, the "Triderm" ointment , which contains the corticosteroid betamethasone, the antibiotic from the aminoglycoside group gentamicin and the antifungal agent clotrimazole, will be effective .
Apply the drug to the lesions in a thin layer in the morning and evening, without covering the bandage. The course of treatment is set by the doctor.
The drug is not prescribed for hypersensitivity to its components, for skin and syphilis tuberculosis, viral skin infections, varicose veins, acne, herpetic skin lesions. Do not use in pediatrics.
Side effects rarely occur in the form of skin irritation at the site of application (itching, burning, dry skin). Systemic disorders are observed when using ointments under bandages, with long-term treatment and with a common form of pathology.
Antibiotics for microbial eczema can be prescribed for both external and systemic applications in order to completely eliminate the bacterial factor that supports inflammation in the lesions. Antihistamines and anti-inflammatory drugs in this case will not be able to solve the problem on their own.
Depending on the bacterial pathogen and the severity of the pathology, antibiotics of a wide spectrum of action of different groups can be prescribed: penicillins (ampicillin), tetracyclines (doxycycline), macrolides (azithromycin, erythromycin), cephalosporins (cefazolin) and in severe cases of purulent skin lesions of fluoroquinolones (ciprofloxacin, ofloxacin ).
The use of broad-spectrum antibiotics makes it possible to fight not only the causative agent of the disease, but also to prevent the attachment of other infections during periods of exacerbation, when the lesions are most sensitive to the influence of pathogenic microorganisms.
Treatment of microbial eczema at home
Since microbial eczema is characterized by a chronic course of the inflammatory process, its treatment is not always justified in a hospital. Inpatient treatment can be prescribed during periods of exacerbation with common and other severe forms of pathology.
Usually, the treatment of microbial eczema is carried out at home. After conducting the diagnosis and diagnosis, the doctor prescribes appropriate treatment (usually external drugs and drugs for oral administration), which will need to take place mainly during periods of exacerbation.
In addition to the above preparations for the treatment of microbial eczema, as pathologies of an allergic nature, enterosorbents can be used. You can buy them at any pharmacy. They cost drugs inexpensively and will not bring harm, but they will help fight the symptoms caused by intoxication of the body due to allergies. A good effect is given by the reception of activated carbon or Polysorb preparation.
During the treatment of eczema, certain precautions must be followed. During the exacerbation of the disease, exposure to foci of moisture and sunlight is undesirable. Sunbathing in the acute period of the disease can not. Do not overheat at all.
It is necessary to avoid the use of household chemicals because of their negative (allergenic) effects on the body. To wash dishes and wash with eczema on hands it is possible only in protective gloves.
Means of hygiene should be sparing, if possible natural, including medicinal plants with soothing and anti-inflammatory properties.
You need to pay attention to the diet. Diet with microbial eczema means excluding from the diet of products that can cause allergic reactions, for example, chocolate and tropical fruits (citrus fruits), berries, chicken eggs, seafood. In dishes there should be no chemical flavors and coloring agents. Also excluded are alcoholic beverages, sweet soda, marinades and pickles, spices and seasonings, coffee.
Nutrition with microbial eczema should be balanced. The lack of eggs can be compensated for with low-fat meat, instead of sweets, use more fruit.
To avoid exacerbations in the diet should only be products that are allowed with microbial eczema. These are sour-milk and low-fat dairy products, fresh, boiled or stewed vegetables, local fruits, light dietary meats, porridges. Vegetable soups and broths, casseroles from vegetables and cottage cheese are also useful.
Microbial eczema, like other skin diseases, can be treated with effective alternative recipes. However, alternative treatment of the disease should be carried out in conjunction with traditional medicament and physiotherapy treatment.
Here are some useful recipes that can be successfully used to treat bacterial eczema at home.
- As a drying agent with moknushchuyu eczema of any etiology it is useful to use mush and juice fresh potatoes. They are used for applications (exposure time of 20 minutes) and lotions that contribute to the elimination of edematous syndrome and stimulate the regenerative processes in the skin. In the gruel from potatoes can add honey, which will only enhance the therapeutic effect.
- Recipes from garlic are very suitable for fighting bacterial infection. Garlic can be used both in fresh (you can get a burn!), And in boiled form. It is ground to a gruel-like condition and mixed with honey in equal proportions. Apply to the affected areas mixture is recommended three times a day. Time of exposure should be discussed with the doctor.
A lot of recipes for alternative medicine for the treatment of microbial eczema are based on the treatment of herbs. Decoctions for lotions and applications can be prepared from needles and pine cones (100 g of raw materials per 1 liter of boiling water), fresh walnut leaves (100 g of leaves per ½ liter of boiling water), herbal collections (in the composition can be calendula, turn, yarrow, St. John's Wort , nettle, birch buds, chamomile and other medicinal herbs).
It is useful to apply to the wounds also slightly wrinkled or knife-cut fresh elderberry leaves. The exposure time is 15 minutes.
As an internal remedy, you can use infusions of yarrow or dandelion roots.
, , , 
It will help patients with microbial eczema and homeopathy, whose medicines are relatively safe and effective for various types of eczematous skin lesions.
Since microbial eczema is characterized by chronic course, and when exacerbation there is the appearance of wounds, the main preparation of homeopathic treatment will be considered Graphite in the form of granules and ointments.
As an antibacterial component, it is recommended to use Oleander, effective in the case of separation from the crusts of exudate and pus.
As an external agent, ointments prepared on the basis of homeopathic preparations Viola tricolor and Rus toxicodendron can be used.
With any eczema accompanied by itching, Gelzemium, Arsenicum Album, Sulfur, Hina and others, prescribed by the doctor as a homeopath according to the diagnosis, constitutional and psychophysical characteristics of the patient's body, are indicated.