Drug treatment is used only for organically caused left-sided scoliosis - for example, with a spinal injury, with tuberculous curvature. If the scoliosis is functional, then not treatment is carried out, but the correction of the disorder.
Correction involves the use of such methods:
- wearing corrective, holding corset devices, belts;
- physiotherapy exercises, performing special exercises to correct the violation;
- massage, manual therapy to relieve muscle spasm, improve microcirculation and metabolism in tissues;
- constant tracking of posture, movements.
Correction is performed regularly and for a long time: only hard work can restore a healthy position of the spine, and this requires patience and considerable willpower. 
Gymnastics and exercise therapy are effective in their own way, however, physiotherapy in the treatment of left-sided scoliosis is indispensable. Physiotherapy improves metabolism and blood circulation, stops the development of inflammation, and stabilizes muscle tone.
There are many physiotherapeutic methods recommended by specialists for patients with left-sided scoliosis. Of course, they are not applied all at once: the doctor can choose one or several procedures that are most suitable for a particular person. Consider the main methods for correcting posture with scoliosis:
- Electromyostimulation is the basic method for getting rid of muscle spasms, which are often present with curvature of the spine and are formed by pinching the nerve endings. Electrical impulses help relieve pain caused by local compression of the nerve endings by muscles in hypertension. In addition to left-sided scoliosis, electromyostimulation is actively used for osteochondrosis, spondylosis.
- Electrophoresis is a method of accelerating the entry of medicinal substances into the tissues of the body under the influence of galvanic current. The method is extremely effective, due to the properties of some components of the preparations, they ionize and penetrate deep into the layers of the skin, where their action lasts for 20 days. Along with this, there is no toxic effect of the injected drugs.
- Phonophoresis - improves blood circulation in tissues, relieves the inflammatory response in the affected area. Phonophoresis is characterized by a small number of side effects, especially when compared with taking muscle relaxants or injecting analgesics.
- Thermotherapy is a range of physiotherapy methods that use heat for therapeutic purposes, both from a natural and artificial source. Heat can be wet (baths or showers, compresses, etc.) and dry (heating pads, paraffin, wax, ozokerite, dry air or electric light). Heat helps to improve blood and lymph flow, enhance metabolic processes, form bioactive substances and accelerate tissue regeneration. In general, a pronounced anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antiseptic effect is manifested.
- Magnetotherapy is one of the natural physiotherapy methods that has no contraindications, and, among other things, is quite effective. The created magnetic field has a positive effect on the blood flow in the area of the procedure, optimizes the restoration of damaged tissues.
- Laser treatment - involves the use of an amplified light beam consisting of UV, IR and red emitted spectrum. The procedure has anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects, helps to cope with edema, and speeds up metabolic processes.
- UHF therapy is a method using an ultra-high frequency field, which causes ionic vibration and the orientation of the dipoles of charged particles. The electrical potential is converted into heat, and the effect of high-frequency waves allows you to straighten the scoliosis curvature by relaxing the muscles and eliminating inflammation in the soft tissues. In addition, bioactive points in the body are involved, triggering its self-healing. 
They talk about the need for surgical intervention if left-sided scoliosis is of the third or fourth degree - that is, with a strongly pronounced curvature.
In most cases, the operation involves the installation of all kinds of metal stable or dynamic implants, which are made of high-quality and reliable alloy. The installed structures do not have a negative impact on a person's usual way of life, and do not become a contraindication to playing sports. Typically, an implant is a titanium support system assembled from wires and staples that do not cause rejection and allergic processes.
Orthopedic surgeons are often faced with the need to perform interventions for resection of the vertebrae, the introduction of specific plates into the spine, and excision of adhesions. Surgical operation allows you to correct the position of the spine, fix the correct position of the vertebrae. 
Most of the operations are performed with the minimum possible intervention, without unnecessary trauma to the tissues. Correction is carried out with microsurgical manipulators through small punctures.
In some cases, to eliminate scoliosis in adulthood, autotransplantation is used: the patient's own bone elements (ribs, parts of the femur) are used to correct the spinal column. 
How to sleep with left-sided scoliosis?
Patients with left-sided scoliosis are advised to sleep mainly on the right side of the body, while bending the left leg at the knee. To make it more comfortable, you can put a pillow or a special orthopedic soft roller between your thighs or knees.
It is undesirable to lie on your stomach for a long time, but it is allowed to sleep on your back. True, you should not throw your arms up, as well as place them behind your head.
For a comfortable sleep and prevention of back pain, it is better to choose a high-quality hard or medium-hard mattress, as well as an orthopedic pillow. When choosing bedding, it is important to remember that during sleep, the cervical vertebral segment should be parallel to the surface of the bed.
Exercise therapy for left-sided scoliosis
Exercise for left-sided scoliosis should be done at least three or four times a week. If you do not adhere to this regime, then physical education treatment will be ineffective, and it will not be possible to restore normal posture. In general, patients are advised to pay attention to sports such as swimming, brisk walking, and running. Swimming is especially indicated in case of left-sided scoliosis, since being in water reduces the load on the spine and stabilizes the condition of the intervertebral discs. 
What exercise therapy can do for patients with left-sided scoliosis:
- teach correct posture retention, consolidate this skill;
- strengthen muscles, balance muscle tone;
- stabilize trophic processes in the muscles;
- correct and straighten the existing curvature.
Gymnastics with left-sided scoliosis is practiced in clinics, specialized exercise therapy dispensaries, preschool and school institutions (classes are held several times a week, at least 3-4 times). A standard full course of exercise lasts six to eight weeks. The courses can be repeated, but the break between them should be 4-5 weeks. With left-sided scoliosis, it is optimal to carry out 2-3 treatment courses annually. 
At the beginning of the course of treatment, specially selected exercises with a small number of repetitions are used. The patient should have a visual and physical idea of the correct posture, strengthen the preparation of the muscles for the load. The bulk of the exercise involves increasing the number of repetitions. Specific gymnastics is performed from facilitated positions: the patient lies on his back, stomach, squatting or kneeling. Passive rest between sets is required.
What exercises should not be done for left-sided scoliosis?
Exercise is indicated for almost all patients with left-sided scoliosis, since exercise therapy is considered the only technique for truly effective strengthening and training of the muscular corset, and tone correction. 
At the initial stage of treatment sessions, it is undesirable to practice:
- intense running;
- jumping long or high;
- hard landings;
- sitting exercise;
- exercises involving a wide range of motion.
Children under adolescence are not recommended to perform "hanging" on the crossbar: a sharp extension of the spinal column, as well as the muscle contraction that follows it, is more likely to harm than bring any benefit. Any sudden movement should be accompanied by subsequent relaxation, unloading. This is especially true for exercises on the spine.
To get rid of left-sided scoliosis, several types of massage are used:
- therapeutic (classic type of massage);
Various types of massage are practiced both in specialized clinics of orthopedics and rehabilitation, and in oriental health centers. What does this treatment give? With its help, it is possible to stimulate blood circulation and establish the activity of the central nervous system, improve the conduction of nerve impulses, normalize metabolic processes, and optimize the work of internal organs.
Among all the known massage techniques, the most relevant are:
- stroking (from superficial to deeper);
- light and intense tapping;
- light and intense rubbing and kneading;
- vibration elements.
Stroking techniques are useful for pain relief and soothing effects.
Deeper stroking movements improve nerve conduction, but are not suitable for patients with severe muscle spasm and severe back pain.
Rubbing techniques help to quickly improve blood circulation in a specific area. And superficial kneading helps to eliminate mild pain.