Treatment of this pathology at physiological levels of increase in indices is not required. The possibility of treating elevated hemoglobin during pregnancy is considered only when there are pronounced clinical symptoms associated with this and there is a concomitant pathology.
In any case, you need to start with dietary recommendations. It is necessary to use a sufficient amount of water so that the rheological properties of the blood do not deteriorate. It is also necessary to replace the red grades of meat in the diet with white, which will reduce the exogenous sources for the synthesis of hemoglobin. You also need to adhere to the diet, which will help to normalize overall health.
Drug therapy can be indicated with a significant increase in the hematocrit, then you can perform an infusion therapy to restore the volume of circulating blood. To do this, use glucose-salt solutions in a ratio of one to one. Infusion can be carried out in a short-term mode, then during three days it is possible to restore the normal state of the indicators.
Specific drugs to reduce hemoglobin levels do not exist, and in any case it is not advisable to use. Therefore, when a clinical picture of elevated hemoglobin appears during pregnancy, the treatment is symptomatic. The use of nonfractional heparin or low molecular weight heparins is not justified because they are contraindicated in pregnancy. Use drugs that improve the rheological properties of blood and promote the normalization of peripheral circulation without serious interventions in the blood coagulation system.
- Spasmolytic agents help to improve not only the peripheral circulation, but also improve the circulation of internal organs, preventing the development of their ischemia, and the blood circulation of the fetus. They do not have side effects on the fetus and therefore can be used as symptomatic therapy.
Papaverine hydrochloride is a myotropic antispasmodic which, upon admission to the cell, blocks the synthesis of cyclic adenosine monophosphate, due to which it acts not only on the smooth muscles of the internal organs, but also on the peripheral vessels, which causes their relaxation. It has a pronounced effect primarily on the arteries, which causes an improvement in blood circulation with increased hemoglobin and blood clots with a decrease in the severity of clinical symptoms. The use of papaverine in this case is in a tablet form, which will help to have a longer and more pronounced effect. Dosage - 10 milligrams 2 times a day for three to five days. Side effects of papaverine during pregnancy are possible in the form of allergic manifestations with skin rash, nausea and vomiting, disorders of stool with constipation, abdominal pain. There may also be symptoms from the cardiovascular system in the form of conduction disturbances right up to the blockade, extrasystole, arterial hypotension. Possible increased sweating and drowsiness, as well as a transient asymptomatic increase in the level of hepatic enzymes.
Precautions - with caution should be used with concomitant hypotension.
- Pentoxifylin is a drug from the group of peripheral vasodilators that can be used with elevated hemoglobin as a means for eliminating the symptoms of ischemia, both peripheral and internal ischemia. The way of using the drug is a pill that you need to wash down with water without chewing. Dosage of the drug - two tablets three times a day. Side effects are possible in the form of tachycardia, arrhythmia, sensation of heat, headache, pancytopenia, paresthesia. Precautions - with a tendency to bleeding or a peptic ulcer with bleeding in an anamnesis, the drug should not be used.
The use of other medicines to treat elevated hemoglobin during pregnancy is not justified, since other drugs can harm a child or mother, or lead to complicated childbirth. Therefore, the choice should be made between these symptomatic means.
Vitamins can be used to maintain the overall immune status of women and normalize the deficiency of trace elements. Can use complex vitamin preparations with ascorbic acid, which improves the permeability of the vascular cell and prevents possible complications associated with elevated hemoglobin. It is necessary to exclude the intake of iron with such a vitamin therapy.
Operative treatment of this pathology is not used. There may be indications for prompt intervention if the cause of increased hemoglobin is blood loss, which is characterized by an acute condition requiring surgery in urgent order.
Alternative treatment of elevated hemoglobin in pregnancy
Alternative treatment of elevated hemoglobin is a priority because of the fact that drug therapy in this case can harm a child. Therefore, many alternative methods are used that help to normalize not only the rheological properties of blood, but also the state of the arterial and venous vascular wall. The main alternative methods are as follows:
- Ginger with cinnamon has very good properties of penetration into the vascular bed and normalization of the hemoglobin level and shaped elements, and also has excellent detoxification and antioxidant properties. To prepare a medicinal solution, you need to add half a teaspoon of cinnamon and twenty grams of ginger cut into pieces to a liter of boiled water. Such tea should be drunk during the day at least one and a half liters per day, in the case if there is no edema during pregnancy.
- Wheat germ also well dilutes blood. Before use, it is recommended to thoroughly wash the wheat and pour a small amount of water. Such wheat should be eaten raw in a few grains per day, by adding to salads.
- The horse-radish root also has the properties to improve the rheological properties of the blood and can be used as an antithrombotic agent, especially when prone to varicose veins. With a curative purpose, one simply needs to use it every day in food in small amounts throughout the week.
Herbs also have many beneficial properties in relation to the circulatory system, and they can normalize pressure, relieve headache and improve peripheral circulation by flooding the body.
- Very useful properties for reducing the level of hemoglobin has tea from currant, viburnum and dogrose. For such tea per liter of water, you need to take 50 grams of each fruit and make compote, which should be drunk throughout the day in sufficient quantities.
- Tincture of the skin of a young chestnut is also widely used to treat this condition, but during pregnancy alcoholic tincture should be replaced with water. To do this, 300 grams of water should be taken from the skin of three chestnuts, pour boiling water and insist for three days, then take a tablespoon in the morning and evening.
- Leaves of lemon balm and yellow burkuna should be poured with boiling water and drunk in a warm form for half a cup in the morning on an empty stomach for five days.
Homeopathic remedies can also be used, since they can be used for a long time without harm to the child and very highly effective.
- Mercurius is a homeopathic remedy based on inorganic material. Used to treat blood circulation pathologies with severe headaches. Method of application - under the tongue, dosage - ten drops of solution three times a day. Adverse events occur rarely, allergic manifestations are possible.
- Viper berus is a preparation from snake venom, which has antithrombotic properties. Dosage and the way of application of the preparation - seven granules three times a day, keep in the mouth until complete resorption. Side effects are possible in the idea of a cough that has a dry character. Precautions - patients with a history of allergic anamnesis should be used with caution.
- Apis melifika is a preparation based on the honey bee extract, which is used for the expressed swelling of the face, legs, and also accompanying thrombophlebitis against the background of increased hemoglobin. Dosage of the drug - seven granules three times a day. Method of application - you need to dissolve the granules until they are completely dissolved. Side effects are possible in the form of allergies in patients with bronchial asthma. Precautions - do not apply to any allergic reactions to honey.
- Eskulius is a horse chestnut preparation that has tropism to the uterus, which is why it is used for circulatory disorders in the pelvic area and symptoms of ischemia. The drug is available in the form of drops. Method of application and dosage - ten drops per glass of warm water. Side effects are rare, dyspeptic disorders are possible.
These alternative and homeopathic remedies can be used for a long time before the period of labor, if there are no complications and there is a positive dynamics in the symptoms.