Advices of a hematologist
Hematological disorders, diseases are considered one of the most dangerous, Preventing blood diseases is difficult, but there are symptoms that should alert a person and force him to consult a doctor. Early diagnosis and timely treatment significantly increases the survival rate or prolongs the period of remission, and some blood diseases can be neutralized completely.
Advices for a hematologist:
- A hematological examination is necessary if there are persistent changes in the results of a clinical blood test (analyzes within two months).
- You need to consult a hematologist if the blood test reveals an atypical level of hemoglobin - increased or decreased.
- A persistent change in the level of erythrocytes, platelets, and leukocytes is an occasion to undergo hematological diagnostics.
- Violation of ESR - slowing or increasing speed.
- Any changes in the leukocyte formula within a month.
- Splenomegaly - an increase in the size of the spleen.
- Increased liver size of any etiology.
- Enlarged lymph nodes (within a month).
- Dermatitis, itchy skin of unclear etiology.
- Permanent bruising, bruising, not associated with bruises, injuries.
- Constant nosebleeds.
- Long-lasting healing cuts, wounds, bleeding.
- Chronic disorder of the menstrual cycle with prolonged bleeding.
- Increased bleeding during dental manipulation.
- A feverish state of unclear etiology, for no apparent reason.
- Thrombosis, PE - thromboembolism of the pulmonary artery.
- Myocardial infarction in the anamnesis.
- Recurrent spontaneous miscarriages.
- Before carrying out hormone replacement therapy.
According to WHO statistics, the percentage of diagnosed blood diseases is steadily increasing every year, so preventive examinations and early diagnosis are extremely important and relevant.
A hematologist is not just a specialization, but a vocation that requires extensive knowledge from the doctor, possession of the latest diagnostic and therapeutic techniques for such complex pathologies as diseases of the hematopoiesis system. In addition to competence and responsibility from the hematologist requires a certain amount of courage and knowledge of psychology, because every day he faces human pain, fear. In this profession, obviously, those who really correspond to the statement of Hippocrates go: "All that people seek for wisdom is in the art of healing - indifference to money, conscience, simplicity and modesty, respect for man, determination, cleanliness and neatness, abundance knowledge and thoughts, as well as all that is necessary for the healing of the patient "