To restore normal blood flow and eliminate increased blood viscosity, it is necessary to visit a doctor who appoint a set of diagnostic examinations and tests. Treatment of hypercoagulable syndrome during pregnancy is individual for each woman. Given all the characteristics of the body, the doctor makes a scheme of therapy.
With pronounced changes in the hemostasis system, the future mum is prescribed anticoagulants, that is, drugs that reduce the risk of thrombosis: Warfarin, Heparin, Fragmin. The drugs are administered subcutaneously, the course takes about 10 days. After the treatment, a haemostasiogram is performed to evaluate the therapy. Antiplatelet agents can also be prescribed that slow the platelet aggregation process, reducing blood viscosity: Acetylsalicylic acid, Cardiomagnol, Trombo ACC.
Special attention is paid to diet therapy. To correct the blood viscosity during pregnancy, it is recommended to eat foods rich in vitamin E. Food should be boiled, stewed or steamed. In the diet should be present sour-milk products, vegetables, fruits, meat and fish. At the same time, the use of canned, pickled, fatty and fried foods, as well as sweets, baked goods, potatoes, alcohol and carbonated drinks is prohibited.
Treatment of hypercoagulable syndrome is aimed at eliminating the causes that provoked pathology, restoring the volume of circulating blood, correcting hemodynamics and hemostasis disorders, improving microcirculation and maintaining hematocrit at the optimal level. Medicines are chosen by a doctor, focusing on the results of tests and the general condition of the patient.
Medicines for hypercoagulation are necessary for the dilution of blood and prevention of thrombosis. Patients may be prescribed such drugs:
- Antiaggregants are a group of drugs that prevent the formation of blood clots. They act at the stage of blood coagulation, when there is platelet aggregation. Active components inhibit the adhesion of blood platelets, preventing the increase in clotting.
- Thrombone ACC - a drug with an active substance - acetylsalicylic acid. Reduces the level of thromboxane in platelets, reduces their aggregation, inhibits the formation of fibrin. It is used to prevent violations of the hemostasis system. Tablets take 1-2 pieces 1 time per day, the duration of therapy is determined by the attending physician. Side effects are manifested in the form of attacks of nausea and vomiting, pain in the epigastric region, ulcerative lesions of the digestive tract, anemia, increased tendency to bleeding, various allergic reactions, headaches and dizziness. The drug is contraindicated with intolerance of its components, erosive lesions of the gastrointestinal tract and in the first trimester of pregnancy.
- Cardiomagnet - tablets, which include acetylsalicylic acid and magnesium hydroxide. The drug is used for the primary prevention of thrombosis and diseases of the cardiovascular system, as well as for chronic and acute ischemic heart disease. The medicine is taken on 1-2 tablets a day, the course of treatment is individual for each patient. Side effects: reduced platelet aggregation, aplastic anemia, hypoglycemia, thrombocytopenia. The drug is contraindicated for intolerance to its components, various allergic reactions, kidney diseases, and gastrointestinal organs. Overdose manifestation of increased adverse reactions.
- Acetylsalicylic acid is an NSAID with a pronounced antiaggregant effect. The mechanism of action of the drug is based on the blockade of enzymes responsible for regulating the synthesis and metabolism of platelet prostaglandins and vascular walls. The medicine is used to prevent blood clots, reduces heat and pain. Dosage is completely dependent on the severity of the pathological condition.
- Anticoagulants are a group of drugs that suppress the activity of the hemostasis system. They reduce the risk of blood clotting by lowering the formation of fibrin. Affect the biosynthesis of substances that inhibit the processes of coagulability and change the viscosity of a biological fluid.
- Warfarin is a medicament that contains substances that do not allow blood to clot. Inhibits the action of vitamin K, reduces the risk of blood clots. It is used for hypercoagulation, thrombosis of veins and thromboembolism of the lungs, with acute myocardial infarction and other conditions associated with a violation of the hemostasis system. The medicine is taken within 6-12 months, the dosage is determined by the attending physician. Side effects are manifested disorders of the digestive system, possibly an increase in the activity of liver enzymes, the appearance of pigmentation on the body, hair loss, profuse and prolonged menstruation. The drug is contraindicated in acute bleeding, during pregnancy, with acute arterial hypertension, severe renal and hepatic impairment.
- Heparin - an anticoagulant of direct action, inhibits the process of blood coagulation. It is used for the treatment and prevention of thromboembolic diseases and their complications, with thromboses, acute myocardial infarction, embolic states and for preventing blood coagulation in laboratory diagnostics. Dosage and duration of treatment are individual for each patient. Side effects are manifested in the risk of bleeding. Heparin is contraindicated in hemorrhagic diathesis and other conditions of blood hypocoagulation.
- Fragmin - has a direct effect on the coagulation / anticoagulant system of blood. It is used for thrombosis, thrombophlebitis, for the prevention of high blood viscosity, with myocardial infarction and unstable angina. The medicine is administered subcutaneously, the dosage is determined by the attending physician. Symptoms of overdose occur in 1% of patients, it can be various abnormalities on the part of the digestive system and the blood system. The drug is contraindicated with intolerance of its components, coagulopathy, septic endocarditis, recently transferred operations on the central nervous system, eyesight or hearing.
- Fibrinolytic - destroy fibrin strands, which form the structure of blood clots, dissolve thrombi and dilute blood. Such drugs are used only in extreme cases, since they can cause increased platelet aggregation and increase the risk of thrombophilia.
- Thromboflux is a fibrinolytic agent that dissolves fibrin in blood clots and thrombi. It is used for high blood viscosity, as a preventive agent for thrombosis, with acute myocardial infarction. The dosage is determined by the doctor. Side effects and symptoms of an overdose are manifested by violations of hemostasis, allergic reactions and adverse symptoms from the gastrointestinal tract.
- Fortylysine - activates plasminogen, reduces the level of fibrinogen in the blood. It is used for acute myocardial infarction and for the prevention of hypercoagulable syndrome. The drug is administered intravenously, the dosage and duration of therapy is determined by the doctor, individually for each patient. Side effects: bleeding of varying severity, allergic reactions. The drug is contraindicated in diseases with increased bleeding, recent trauma and extensive surgical interventions, liver problems and CNS.
In especially severe cases, patients are prescribed intravenous drip injection of colloidal and crystalloid solutions, transfusion of donor blood. All drugs for blood thinning are used only for the doctor's prescription. Independent use of such funds can lead to the development of bleeding and a number of other equally serious complications.
Treatment of high blood viscosity consists not only of medical therapy, but also the use of vitamins and minerals useful for the body, which restore the system of hemostasis. Vitamins are prescribed depending on the stage of the disease.
Let's consider what vitamins should be taken with blood thickening and for its prevention:
- Vitamin E - an antioxidant, rejuvenates the body and slows down the aging process. Contained in whole grains of cereals, in sprouted wheat grains, chestnuts, bran, broccoli, olive oil, animal liver, avocado, sunflower seeds.
- Vitamin C - has antioxidant properties, takes part in the synthesis of structural elements of venous walls. Contained in citrus, Bulgarian pepper, watermelons, pears, apples, grapes, potatoes, dogrose, black currant, garlic.
- Vitamin R - strengthens the walls of blood vessels, inhibits enzymes that destroy hyaluronic acid and disrupt the composition of hemostasis. Contained in citrus, apricots, raspberries, walnuts, cabbage, grapes, pepper.
In addition to the above-described vitamins, for the prevention and treatment of hypercoagulation, it is necessary to take products with hesperidinum (increases the tone of the vessels, is contained in lemons, mandarins, oranges), quercetin (reduces the risk of thrombophlebitis, found in cherry, garlic, green tea, apples, onions). In this case, it is recommended to avoid foods rich in vitamin K, as it promotes blood clotting.
Combined therapy is used to eliminate hypercoagulable syndrome and normalize the hemostasis system. Physiotherapeutic treatment is necessary to consolidate the results achieved. With increased blood viscosity, hirudotherapy is recommended, as this is one of the most effective ways of diluting thick blood. The effect of this method is based on the composition of the saliva of leeches, which contains hirudin and a number of other enzymes that dilute the biological fluid and prevent the formation of thrombi.
Hirudotherapy is carried out in sanatorium-resort complexes or hydropathic institutions. Despite the positive effect on the body, the physioprocedure has a number of contraindications: severe forms of anemia, thrombocytopenia, hypotension, the presence of malignant tumors, cachexia, hemorrhagic diathesis, pregnancy and recent caesarean section, the age of patients under 7 years of age and individual intolerance. In all other cases, hirudotherapy is used in conjunction with drug treatment.
Syndrome of dense blood can be eliminated not only with the help of medications, but also using non-traditional methods. Alternative treatment is based on the use of medicinal plants that dilute blood.
- Take 100 g of Sophora Japanese seeds and pour them 500 ml of vodka. The drug should be infused for 14 days in a dark, cool place. The medication is taken 3 times a day before meals, 10 drops per ¼ cup of water.
- Take 20 grams of mulberry, pour 250 ml of boiling water and check in a water bath. As soon as the product cools, it must be filtered and taken before eating 1/3 cup.
- Mix 20 g of string with 10 g of coriander, licorice root, chamomile, sweet clover, linseed and crocheted swine. Pour the herbal mixture of 500 ml of boiling water and let it brew in a sealed container for 2-3 hours. After cooling, the infusion should be filtered and taken 2-3 times a day for 200 ml. If desired, honey can be added to the medicine, it can be consumed better after eating.
To reduce the activity of platelets and the dilution of blood, grape juice can be used. It is enough to drink a glass of drink per day and the hemostasis system will be normal. Also useful are infusions, compotes and jam from raspberries and garlic. Before applying non-traditional methods of treatment, it is necessary to consult a doctor and make sure there are no contraindications.
Another option of non-traditional treatment of hypercoagulable syndrome is herbal treatment. Consider the most effective recipes for dilution of blood:
- Take in equal proportions the grass of the dandelion and the flowers of thorns prickly. Pour the herbal mixture of 500 ml of boiling water and let it brew for 3-4 hours. The drug should be filtered and take ½ cup 3-4 times a day. During the treatment it is not recommended to eat meat and eggs.
- A teaspoon of sweet clover, pour 250 ml of boiling water and take 2 glasses 2-3 times a day. Infusion has antispasmodic properties, reduces the viscosity of the blood. The course of treatment is 30 days.
- 200 g fresh roots of mulberry rinse well and chop. Fold the raw material in a saucepan and pour 3 liters of cold water. The product should be infused for 1-2 hours, after which it should be placed on a slow fire, and after boiling remove and cool. Ready broth strain and take 200 ml 2-3 times daily before meals. The course of treatment 5 days with a break of 2-3 days, to restore normal hemostasis 2-3 courses are needed.
- Take a liter glass jar and fill it with chopped white mushrooms. Pour all the vodka and insist for 14 days in a dark, cool place. After 2 weeks, strain, and wring out the raw materials. Infusion take 1 teaspoon, diluting in 50 ml of water 1-2 times a day.
- Blood thinning properties are possessed by ginkgo biloba. 50 g of dried leaves of the plant, pour 500 ml of vodka and let it brew for 14 days. After this, tincture should be filtered and taken 1 teaspoon 2-3 times a day before meals. The course of treatment is a month with interruptions of 5-7 days.
In the treatment of hypercoagulable herbs, categorically it is contraindicated to use plants with blood-curdling properties (nettle, water pepper). Before using alternative drugs, medical advice is needed, since many recipes have contraindications.
Dense blood negatively affects the condition of the whole body. To treat this problem, both traditional and non-traditional methods are used. Homeopathy refers to alternative methods, but with proper use it can help with hypercoagulation.
Popular homeopathic remedies for high blood coagulability:
- Aesculus 3, 6
- Apis mellifica 3, 6
- Belladonna 3, 6
- Hamamelis virginica 3
- Aorta suis-Injee
- Vena suis-Injeel
Use the above drugs can only be prescribed by a homeopath physician, who became familiar with the history of the disease and conducted a series of patient examinations. Independently to use such means is dangerous to life.
Surgical methods for eliminating bleeding disorders are used extremely rarely. Surgical treatment is possible if hypercoagulability syndrome has led to abscessing of vein thrombophlebitis. In this case, the patient is shown an operation for setting up a titanium cava filter. If the syndrome is the cause of arterial thrombosis of the vessels of the extremities or parenchymal organs, then surgical thrombectomy is performed.
Surgical treatment of hemostasis is ineffective without adequate drug therapy with components of the blood coagulation system. Surgery intervention can be performed in the treatment of the underlying disease that provoked blood thickening. But in this case, the course of therapy includes a course of medicines for dilution of blood.