Symptoms of cracks in the language are in most cases specific. It is dryness of the mucosa in the oral cavity, a burning sensation in the affected areas of the tongue, pain, swelling.
Small patient cracks the patient himself may not notice. But deep damage can not be noticed almost impossible: they are perfectly visible to the naked eye, they can be single or multiple, longitudinal or transverse. Deep cracks are often accompanied by inflammation, which is accompanied by redness and swelling of the tongue.
The first signs - cracks in the tongue - can be combined with other symptoms that are characteristic of various diseases.
- A tongue with cracks from birth can be observed in children who have a hereditary predisposition to such a change. Usually, this phenomenon is simply a feature of the body and does not require treatment: it is called a folded tongue syndrome.
- A crack in the middle of the tongue is observed most often, and indicates a weakness in human immunity. If we consider a crack in the middle, as a symptom of the disease, then such a sign often takes place with a rhomboid and folded glossitis - inflammation of the tongue.
- Plaque and cracks in the tongue at the sides may indicate liver or / and gallbladder disease. This symptom often accompanies anemia, thyroid disease and digestive organs. If in addition at the edges of the tongue there are traces of the dentition, this indicates the swelling of the organ.
- Cracks on the tip of the tongue in many cases indicate a burn or stomatitis, or a violation in the work of the nervous system. Often the tip of the tongue becomes covered with cracks after severe stressful situations or depressions.
- If the tongue hurts and the cracks in the tongue are located chaotically, then this can be a symptom of a chronic bowel disease. And if you have thirst and dry mouth, you can assume the disease of the endocrine system.
- Cracks in the tongue and burning are observed in all types of glossitis - desquamative, rhomboid, villous, scrotal, interstitial. Particularly pronounced is burning if the cracks are deep.
- Red tongue with cracks is a sure sign of the Hunter glossitis. The tongue is unusually smooth and shiny, the papillae are flat, and the color of the anterior surface is red with a crimson hue. This disease develops due to lack of vitamins.
- Spots and cracks in the tongue accompany the diseases of the digestive system, helminthiases, disorders of metabolic processes. If the stains outwardly resemble lines, then they speak of the so-called "geographical language", which is a typical sign of desquamative glossitis.
- Cracks and sores in the tongue is a clear sign of stomatitis, the most common disease of the oral mucosa. Stomatitis can occur on its own, or be a complication of other diseases.
- A loose tongue with cracks can often be seen in patients prone to nervous disorders. Such people usually suffer from depression and insomnia, experiencing a lot of stress. A loose tongue for chronic fatigue syndrome is very characteristic.
- Dryness and cracks in the tongue in many cases indicate a disorder in the endocrine system. Such signs accompany thyroid gland diseases, diabetes mellitus and other similar pathologies.
- If cracks in the tongue bleed, then this is a clear symptom, indicating a weakening of immunity and a lack of vitamins in the body. Such cracks poorly give in to treatment, if not to eliminate the main cause of the disease - avitaminosis.
- Yellow coating and cracks in the tongue are observed against a background of liver and bile duct diseases (dyskinesia, calculous cholecystitis), chronic pancreatitis, gastroduodenitis. In addition, this symptom can be produced simply by a malicious smoker who smokes more than one pack of cigarettes every day.
Cracks in the tongue during pregnancy
Pregnancy is the natural physiological period in a woman's life. However, it must be borne in mind that during all nine months the future mother shares with her child all the necessary substances, including vitamins, as well as immune protection - antibodies. As a result, a pregnant woman can develop hypovitaminosis, anemia. Due to the pressure exerted by the growing uterus on the digestive organs and the liver, gastrointestinal diseases and circulatory disorders may occur. In addition, the female body experiences hormonal changes, immune forces weaken.
All these factors can affect the development of a pathological condition such as cracks in the tongue: it can proceed both along with the inflammatory process and without it.
To prevent such a complication, during the entire period of pregnancy, it is necessary to carefully monitor the health indicators of a woman and not to allow border conditions - anemia, hypovitaminosis, etc.