Boiled corn for diabetes
For corn to be of use, it needs to be properly chosen and cooked correctly. Cobs should be milky wax ripeness, and not hard and dark. The most useful substances in corn are preserved during cooking, and especially steam cooking. To do this, you can use a steamer, or on a pot of boiling water to put a colander with grains or cob.
Canned corn for diabetes
Products in canned form are not a dietary product, but the glycemic index of such corn is lower than that of other types of whole grains. It can be added to various salads from vegetables, especially from leaf salads, greens, soups. She diversifies the menu, not delivering any harm to the body. In large doses, it should be avoided as side dishes.
Corn meal with diabetes mellitus
In the world there are many kinds of flour - a product made by grinding grain of cereals. We have the most popular and popular wheat, it bakes bread, various confectionery products. In diabetes mellitus, it is important that the flour is low-calorie and coarse. It has a high fiber content, and dietary fiber is known to reduce blood sugar levels. That is why corn flour should be present in the patient's diet, but baking made of it without adding fats and sugar. Any fritters, donuts in deep frying are inadmissible. What are the dishes from corn flour in diabetes can be prepared? There are a lot of them, you just have to show your imagination:
- homemade noodles - mix 2 cups corn and a spoon of wheat flour, drive in 2 eggs, a teaspoon of salt, pour water, knead a steep dough. Give him a "rest" 30 minutes, thinly roll out and cut into strips. You can use fresh noodles or dry for storage;
- biscuit - 200 g of flour, 3 eggs, one third of a glass of sugar. Eggs are beaten with sugar, the flour is accurately introduced, the dough is poured into a mold and baked in the oven at a temperature of 200 0 C. After cooling, the crusts can be smeared with sour cream or something to taste;
- corn tortillas with cheese - flour (5 spoons), grated hard cheese (100 g), combine a spoon of sunflower oil, add salt, add water to form a thick mass, form baked bread, bake;
- pancakes - 2 eggs, a glass of flour and milk, 2 tablespoons of butter, as much sugar, a pinch of salt. The composition is mixed and baked thin, beautiful yellow corn blini;
- crackers homemade - for 200ml of corn and wheat flour, a glass of milk, a teaspoon of salt, sugar, baking powder, 4 tablespoons of olive oil. Knead the steep dough, if desired, add sesame seeds, thinly roll out, cut into rhombuses, bake.
, , , 
Corn porridge with diabetes
That corn porridge is the most useful product in diabetes. Its fine grinding and fast cooking time preserve nutrients, besides, it saturates well, giving a feeling of satiety for a long time. There are different options for cooking it: with milk or water as a side dish to meat or fish. The main thing is not to add oil or other fats to it and limit the serving to 5 spoonfuls.
, , 
Popcorn in Diabetes
Popcorn does not belong to the number of useful forms of corn, especially with diabetes. The technology of its preparation is such that flavors, salt, sugar, spices are used. So, diacetyl, used to create the smell of butter popcorn, is even considered harmful. In addition, the additives increase the caloric content of the product, and when heat treatment, the useful properties of corn are also lost.
Most diabetics note the positive effect of corn on their body. In the reviews, notes from corn cereals do not cause an increase in glucose levels. People with diabetes share news about contemporary research of Japanese scientists. They discovered the special antidiabetic properties of violet corn. Anthocyanins in its composition muffle the development of the disease, it gives reason to hope that on the basis of this sort of cereal will be developed a medicine for type 2 diabetes.