Blood with urination may not be the only sign of pathology. Depending on the initial disease, other symptoms can also be observed, for example:
- turbidity of urine, appearance of sediment in it;
- pain in the lower abdomen;
- frequent urination, often with a small amount of urine output;
- pain at the end of urination, or throughout urination;
- elevated temperature;
- feeling of weakness, fatigue, pain in the head;
- signs of anemia;
- loss of appetite.
If blood is observed during urination for a long period, or if the blood content in the urine is high enough, anemia may develop.
The first signs of anemia can be:
- feeling weak, dizzy;
- blanching of the skin (especially on the face), the appearance of dark circles under the eyes;
- sensation of noise in the ears;
- fatigue, a constant desire to sleep;
- loss of appetite;
- sleep disturbance (restless sleep);
- weakening of libido;
- heart palpitations, noise while listening to the heart;
- by results of analyzes - the lowered quantity of a hemoglobin, an acidosis, the lowered quantity of erythrocytes.
For any of the above signs, you should already sound an alarm and consult a doctor: you can not expect the disease to recede itself. As a rule, everything happens the other way round: the process is aggravated, and the treatment becomes more complicated and time-consuming.
According to doctors, most patients are concerned about such issues:
- Recently, severe pain was felt, but now there are none, but blood appeared during urination. What does this mean?
The causes may be stones in the urinary system. When filtration in the kidneys, salts are deposited, which crystallize, increasing in size, and delivering pain and discomfort to the person. At some point, the stone can block the ureter, or move outward, while damaging the mucous tissues. Thus, the pain was caused by the advancement of the stone along the urinary tract. And the blood when urinating appeared because of a mucous stone injury.
- After hypothermia, frequent urge to go to the toilet, while urinating is very painful, and blood is released after urinating - just a few drops.
The listed signs unequivocally point to cystitis: after hypothermia an inflammatory process started, irritated bladder tissues led to an increase in the urge. An additional confirming symptom was the blood when urinating with the last portion of urine. In such a case it is necessary to visit a therapist or urologist.
- Does it matter for diagnosis when the blood appears: at the end of urination or at the beginning? Or does it not play a significant role?
If you find blood during urination, be sure to observe when exactly it appears, and report it to the doctor. Blood at the beginning of urination indicates the presence of pathology in the urethra or in the prostate gland. Blood at the end of urination means that there is a disease associated with the upper portion of the urethra or with the neck of the bladder. It also happens that the blood appears in the middle of the process of urination: this sign may indicate a disease of the kidneys, bladder or ureters.
- Often there is blood before urination, several drops. The urine is pure and has a normal color. What could it be?
Sometimes drops of blood before urination testify about tumor processes. These can be polyps in the urethra, angiomas or malignancies. In rare cases, a similar symptom can accompany chronic urethritis, when the entire urethra becomes permeable and bleeds easily.
- If there is severe pain during urination and blood, but not constantly, but in periods. Sometimes the lower back aches, especially on the right. What disease can be suspected?
With urolithiasis, urinalysis will always indicate the presence of red blood cells: sometimes there will be a lot of them, and sometimes less. The fact is that the stone traumatizes the urinary tract from the inside: in one case, this leads to severe bleeding, and in another - to a completely unnoticeable. In most patients with urolithiasis, the appearance of blood is accompanied by severe pain. This condition is usually called renal colic.
- At first I had a fever, and I thought that I had caught cold. But then there was frequent urination with blood. How serious is this?
Any inflammation can trigger an increase in body temperature. And if it is an inflammation of the urinary tract, then at the same time there can be hematuria - blood when urinating. The cause of this process can be pathogenic bacteria - both nonspecific (streptococci, staphylococci), and specific pathogens. It is necessary to contact a urologist and get a checkup.
- Sharply appeared blood clots during urination. However, neither pain nor any other symptoms are present. Is it a tumor?
Indeed, in malignant formations, even very heavy bleeding can occur, since the tumor can damage the passing vessels during germination. It is especially alarming when blood clots after urination are found in older patients - 50-60 years. Similar symptoms - blood when urinating without pain - are considered typical for bladder cancer.
Often you can hear from young people who are heavy smokers, this phrase: "A blood clot has dropped out while urinating - but I'm not sick at all". According to statistics, cancer tumors of the urinary tract in smokers are detected three times more often. This is due to the fact that some carcinogenic components of tobacco smoke are excreted from the body with urinary fluid, which leads to the development of malignant process.
- For several days I have been watching blood and blood during urination. What kind of doctor should I contact?
Cutting, burning with urination and blood in the urine are considered characteristic signs of infectious diseases, which are transmitted sexually. To such diseases can be attributed gonorrhea, mycoplasma, ureaplasma, chlamydia, herpes. Bacteria get on the epithelium, destroy its cells and change the acidity of the medium. Directly under the epithelium lies a large number of sensitive nerve endings: it is the irritation of these endings that causes a feeling of burning and burning.
Problems with urination often begin after infection with a sexually transmitted infection. For example, with gonorrhea, mucus can be observed with blood when urinating, sometimes with an admixture of pus. With herpes or lesions of Trichomonas, the genital organs itch and swell, while in men there are also drops of blood at the end of urination. The diagnosis is established by the venereologist: to him and treated with such symptoms in the first place.
- Already more than a year I live a sexual life with one partner, and each time there is a blood at an emiction after sex. Why?
This can occur in the presence of cicatricial changes in the areas of breakthrough of the hymen. Scars help stretch the tissues, which leads to the approach of the urethra to the vagina: this prevents the natural closure of the external hole of the urethra. As a result, there is a chronic penetration of the infection into the urethra, and cystitis with the release of a small amount of blood makes itself felt after each sexual contact. The urologist and gynecologist can solve the problem.
- Practically always there is a blood from an anus at an emiction, also often I find out traces of a blood on linen. There is no pain. Do I need to see a doctor?
Blood from the anus can appear against the background of many diseases. This happens with cracks in the anal opening, with polyposis of the intestine, with ulcerative colitis or infectious lesions. Sometimes blood is released during pregnancy, with helminthiasis. In any case, it is necessary to see a doctor to determine the cause of such a symptom. After all, in some cases, blood from the anus can be an indirect and only sign of a cancerous process in the rectum.
- In the morning after urinating a drop of blood: further throughout the day there are no symptoms. Is it possible to suspect the disease?
With urethritis - inflammatory process in the mucous urethra - blood is released only at the end, or after urination. Such inflammation can be triggered by the activation of opportunistic microflora, or by infection with infectious diseases transmitted through the sexual way. If you see blood only in the morning, then this does not mean that it does not exist during the day: you simply can not see it. The analysis of urine and consultation of the urologist will help to establish the correct diagnosis.
- Why does blood appear when urinating in women?
According to statistics, most often, women develop cystitis. In advanced cases, ordinary cystitis passes into a hemorrhagic form, in which the urine is colored intensely red. In addition, blood in women can be detected with prolonged intake of oral contraceptives: hormones lower the tone of the walls of the urinary canals, develop urine retention and, as a result, inflammation. And the inflammatory process, as you already guessed, is often accompanied by the release of blood.
Often, the urine is penetrated by blood from the vagina when urinating: for this reason, the urine sample never fails to pass during menstruation.
- Is blood bleeding when you urinate during pregnancy?
Fortunately, in most cases, the blood when urinating in many pregnant women is physiological, or idiopathic. The causes of this phenomenon are the strongest hormonal changes, the pressure of the uterus and fetus on the urinary system, damage to the capillaries in the area of the kidney cups (due to increased intra-abdominal pressure). This symptom disappears after the birth of the child. However, in order to be convinced of the absence of danger, it is better to pre-examine.
- How often is the blood observed when urinating in men, and what is the reason for this?
Slight bleeding during urination in many cases is not a pathology: if a man is hard working, that the damage to blood vessels can be due to this. This symptom will disappear on your own after a long rest. However, we should not discount the possible pathology: in men, blood can appear with prostate diseases, with oncology, with contact genital infections.
- How serious is it if the parents detect blood when they urinate in children?
In addition to general factors, which we have already mentioned more than once, there are a number of reasons that cause the appearance of blood during urination in children. Blood can appear not as a result of diseases of the kidney or urethra, but because of blood formation disorders or due to vascular disease. This means that the blood becomes more fluid, and the blood vessels are more vulnerable. This happens in patients with hemophilia, thrombocytopenia, diseases of Verlhoff and Shenlein-Genoch.
Blood during urination in newborns is often a consequence of urine acid diathesis, when renal structures are damaged by crystallized urinary salts.
In addition, blood in the urinalysis of the baby can appear after viral infections, or after taking non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (as a side effect).
Consequences and complications
If you try to cure your blood when you urinate on your own, or do not treat the disease at all, then the rapid development of complications is possible:
- Secondary infection is attached;
- pathogenic microorganisms become immune to the action of antibiotics;
- develops urethritis, glomerulonephritis;
- acute disease is transformed into chronic;
- anemia develops due to a constant loss of blood;
- kidney failure develops;
- there is an acute stagnation of urine.
To avoid such complications, the doctor should be treated promptly, without trying to cure the disease on his own, and not hoping for self-healing.