Treatment of diseases that cause the appearance of urine in red
Urine of red shades as a condition associated with physical overstrain or the presence in the diet of products with plant pigments, does not require urgent care, as well as therapeutic efforts in principle. Treatment of urine of red color is the detection of the etiological factor provoking the appearance of erythrocytes in urine, the treatment of diagnosed pathology. Thus, the first thing to do is to differentiate the symptoms, diagnose the root cause of hematuria.
Features that involve the treatment of urine red:
- Out-patient treatment is performed only in cases where hematuria as a clinical symptom indicates a hemorrhage (this is determined by laboratory tests).
- Bleeding bleeding requires the appointment of hemostatic drugs according to the clinical picture of the patient's condition and on the basis of the information obtained after the cito-examination.
- According to the indications, blood substitutes (infusion therapy) can be prescribed.
- Short-term hematuria does not require therapy with medications, patients with a single exposure of urine red are under medical supervision, more often remotely. If necessary, repetition of allocation of a portion of urine of red color the patient addresses for the help, its further conducting and a choice of the form of therapy depends on accompanying symptoms and the general condition of the patient.
- Patients with macrogematuria are subject to hospitalization, often in urgent order, where they are under the supervision of the attending and on-duty doctor, undergo the whole complex of diagnostic examination and receive an adequate treatment course.
- Heavy forms of hematuria (total, with blood clots in the urine) are treated with medications and catheterization (washing, releasing the urinary canal). If the insertion of the catheter is impossible for objective reasons (patient's health, anatomical features), the doctor may prescribe a suprapubic puncture and drainage. This manipulation performs two functions - therapeutic and diagnostic.
- If hematuria is found in the kidney stone, spasmolytics and thermal physiotherapy are indicated, which promote activation of the concrement.
- If urolithiasis is manifested by blood in the urine, pain symptoms and does not respond to conservative treatment, surgical intervention, cystoscopy can be prescribed.
- Traumatic damage of kidney tissue (ruptures, internal hematomas), profuse hematuria, acute renal failure (acute renal failure) are treated surgically in urgent order.
- Chronic forms of uropathology, kidney diseases, manifested including hematuria, are treated according to the revealed nosology. Antibiotics, corticosteroids (for proteinuria), vitamin preparations, uroseptics, physiotherapy, homeopathy are prescribed.
A more detailed algorithm, which involves the treatment of urine red:
- After the formulation and differentiation of the diagnosis, the indications are hemostatic treatment (blood transfusion in especially severe cases or taking tablet forms of the drug, as well as infusion therapy).
- If a trauma that provokes hematuria is diagnosed, strict bed rest and hypothermic procedures are indicated. In complex situations urgent surgical intervention (subcapsular hematoma) is performed - resection, nephrectomy, suturing of damaged parenchyma tissues.
- If inflammation of infectious nature is determined, it is shown to carry out antibacterial therapy in conjunction with hemostatics, constantly monitoring the hemoglobin level in the blood and the presence of erythrocytes in urine.
- Tumor processes require surgical treatment - embolization of the damaged vessel (vessels), resection of the tumor sector of the kidney.
- Prostatitis, accompanied by hematuria, as a rule is treated by surgery - a transurethral or transvesical method of adenectomy.
Thus, treatment of red urine as a single symptom is inappropriate without collecting an anamnesis and drawing up an accurate clinical picture of the process. The therapeutic plan is developed only on the basis of analytical information, and its choice is directly conditioned by the main etiological factor that caused hematuria.
What to do?
A normal indicator of urine is light yellow, that of a straw color, any change in the color of urine indicates a disruption of the entire urinary system. The factors causing such shifts in the color spectrum can be either transient, not considered pathological, or associated with diseases in acute or chronic form.
What if the red urine appeared after eating food containing plant pigment?
- If a person connects the red, pink color of urine with the diet, you should observe the secretions within 24 hours. Usually on the second day, urine acquires a normal light color, as the biochromes (plant pigments) are quickly removed from the body.
- If on the second or third day urine continues to stain an atypical shade, you should undergo a test, pass a general urine test to identify the true cause of the change in the indicators.
Also, urine may change shade during treatment with specific drugs, as a rule, the doctor or the accompanying medicine warns about this. This condition is not pathological, urine returns to normal after 2-3 days after the end of the drug. There is also the definition of "march hematuria", when urine changes color after prolonged or individual overload, physical overstrain. In this situation, you should give the body a rest, restore the water balance (abundant drinking) and observe the urine emissions within 1-2 days.
What if the red urine is not provoked by foods that contain biological pigments?
- If urine changes color, do not self-medicate. The first action is a visit to the doctor and presentation of complaints about urine of red color.
- You will be assigned to the examinations that you need to pass. The general analysis of urine (OAM, urinalysis by Nechiporenko), blood tests (OAK, ESR, biochemical analysis), ultrasound of internal organs, renal urology.
- After receiving the results of the examination, the doctor will determine the factors causing the change in urine indicators and prescribe treatment - conservative, with the course of antibacterial drugs, uroseptics and other drugs. If the situation requires immediate intervention (total macrogematuria, the disease in the acute stage), hospitalization and treatment in hospital are possible. Operative intervention is indicated when there are threatening symptoms and the risk of a critical loss of blood or acute kidney failure.
Recommendations for actions, in the case when the urine of red color is allocated in conjunction with other anxiety symptoms:
- Call for emergency ambulance.
- Take a comfortable position to reduce pain.
- If possible, collect urine, optimally - three-glassed sample for the analysis.
- To lay out, prepare the medicines available at home. The doctor needs to know what was taken before the arrival of emergency medical care in order to promptly determine the primary cause of hematuria.
- Be ready to answer questions from the doctor - when the first signs of redness of urine appeared, once or repeatedly there is blood in the urine, whether there was a trauma, bruise, chronic kidney disease, whether there is pain or what kind.
People at risk - pregnant women, men and women over 45 years old, children with congenital nephropathy, FBS (often ill children) should undergo screening examinations of the urinary system in a mode prescribed by the attending physician.
Treatment of hematuria or red urine caused by physiological causes does not have a single therapeutic protocol. Medicines are selected after the diagnostic measures, taking into account the features of the course of the process and the detected etiofactor. Most often, erythrocytes in urine, the change in the color spectrum is due to kidney disease, AIM (urinary system). If the patient is diagnosed with a microhematuria, the therapy is performed according to the protocols for the treatment of the underlying, symptom-provoking disease. Macrogematuria, characterized by the allocation of visible red blood cells to urine, is treated with the help of hemostatic drugs, conservatively (antibiotics, detoxification) in 35-40% of cases, and also by the operative route. Consider drugs from the coagulant group (hemostatics):
1. Dicycin. Etamsylate - angioprotector and coagulant. It relieves and prevents parenchymal types of bleeding. Has a strict contraindication - porphyria and a tendency to thrombosis. Pregnant women are prescribed only when the use of the drug exceeds the potential risk of damaging the fetus to be born. Not suitable for children under 3 years. The form of the release is tableted and injectable. For adults: 1-2 tablets (up to 500 mg once). Before the operation as a means of preventing bleeding, including hematuria - 1 hour before the procedure, 500 mg. To stop bleeding - 2 tablets at 250 mg immediately, after 8-10 hours, repeat the procedure, monitor the dynamics of the process. To stop the bleeding of vascularized tissues, ampoules (2 ml each) - intramuscularly or intravenously (intravenously) can be effective. The multiplicity of the administration is determined by the doctor on the basis of the clinical picture and the results of the initial analyzes.
- Vikasolum, Vikasol (Menadione sodium bisulfite). The drug activates the production of prothrombin, proconvertin (F VII), a synthetic analogue of vitamin K. It is available in the form of a solution for injection, in tablets and powder. It is indicated for hemorrhagic hemorrhages, hematuria, diagnosed as a consequence of chronic urological disease. Often appointed before surgery for 1-3 days, as well as with parenchymal hemorrhage. Contraindicated with suspicion of thromboembolism, in the last trimester of pregnancy, acute renal failure (acute renal failure), hepatopathology at the stage of exacerbation. Adults prescribed up to 30 mg per day (2 times taken with 1 tablet), infants up to 1 year of age according to the indications of 2-4 mg per day, the dosage may increase with age, it is determined by the attending physician. The course of treatment does not exceed 4 days, then a break of -3-4 days is mandatory. Treatment is carried out under the control of the state of the blood composition and depends on the results of monitoring the general therapeutic complex.
Medications designed to neutralize inflammation, the root causes of the appearance of red urine, can be from the category of antibiotics, uroseptics, phyto-drugs.
1. Monural (fosfomycin), a preparation of a broad antibacterial spectrum. Effective against many bacteria from the Gram + range (Gram-positive bacteria). It is prescribed for many inflammatory diseases of the urinary system. Produced in the form of granules for breeding. It is taken before meals or at bedtime, after meals, once. The granules are dissolved in purified water at room temperature, 1 packet (3 g) per 1/3 cup water. Children dosage is selected by the doctor according to the clinical picture of the disease, the age of the child and the specifics of the course of the process. Contraindications are few, mainly they relate to severe forms of nephropathology.
2. Furamag (nitrofuran). An effective antimicrobial agent for a wide range of effects on proteins, staphylococci, streptococci, Enterobacter aerogenes, Salmonella, Shigella. Furamag also helps to activate immunity, and reduces the overall intoxication of the body. The drug is contraindicated for babies up to 1, 5-2 months, with acute renal failure, polyneuritis, and it can not be prescribed to pregnant and breastfeeding women. The course of treatment up to 10 days, dosage for adults 2-4 times a day for 1 capsule (25 mg), depending on the detected nosology. For children, the drug is prescribed according to the following scheme: 5 mg per 1 kg weight of the child - the maximum dose per day.
The list of the most effective drugs, which rightfully deserved approval in urological, nephrological practice, is great. The choice of medication, the frequency of taking medications is the prerogative of a doctor, the course of treatment depends on the etiology of the disease and is based on analytical diagnostic data.
In the complex treatment of urological pathologies, kidney diseases an important role is played by additional methods, such as physiotherapy and vitamin therapy. Vitamins should be appointed taking into account the specifics of the course of the process, there are no single recommendations, and in principle can not exist in medical practice. However, there are universal effects of the effect that vitamins have on the whole on the body, this effectiveness is used by urologists, nephrologists, hematologists and other narrow specialists dealing with the treatment of underlying causes that caused a change in the normal color of urine, including hematuria.
The list of vitamins and the direction of their effects:
- Pantothenic acid (B5), is responsible for the activity of immune defense, is involved in the synthesis of ACTH and corticosteroids (adrenal glands).
- Vitamin B6, Pyridoxinum participates in the work of immune defense, stimulates and supports, activating the production of antibodies against viral and bacterial inflammation.
- Stimulator of hemopoiesis, Cyanocobalamin, vitamin B12. Participates in increasing the level of efficiency of phagocytes, helps in the process of tissue regeneration, optimizes carbohydrate metabolism, helps the formation of nucleic acids, activates erythropoiesis (maturation of erythrocytes). Assigned in combination with ascorbic acid and vitamin B5 as an activator of immune defense and as an aid for the prevention of anemia of various etiologies.
- Ascorbic acid, vitamin C. Ascorbic acid is effective in regulating oxidative processes, is effective as an antioxidant. Vitamin accelerates the synthesis of collagen fibers, tissue regeneration, participates in detoxification of the body, increases resistance to infections.
- Vitamin A, Retinolum. Retinol acetate is one of the most powerful antioxidants. Vitamin can not be replaced to maintain the activity of the function of immunity, the general regulation of metabolic processes. Retinol is involved in the normalization of the state of intercellular membranes, thereby contributing to the acceleration of tissue regeneration. In addition, retinol acetate effectively interacts with many medications and "colleagues" in the vitamin series, especially productive such an alliance in the fight against infectious inflammation.
- Tocopherol, Tocopherol, vitamin E. Radioprotective, angioprotective, antioxidant action, accelerates cellular metabolism, strengthens the walls of capillaries and vessels. Vitamin is good as an immunomodulator, activator of microcirculation of blood, prevents the formation of blood clots, participates in the work of the hormonal system.
Vitamin complexes and individual vitamins in various forms (tablets, injections, solutions) are prescribed as part of the general therapeutic complex and can not be an independent, separate method for treating diseases of the urinary system.
Physiotherapy in urology and nephrology is an important part of the therapeutic complex. Physiotherapeutic treatment has a small list of contraindications and is considered a low-traumatic method, capable of fixing the result and preventing relapses of the disease. As a pathogenetic method, physiotherapeutic treatment in the presence of hematuria should be combined with etiotropic methods that eliminate the cause of the appearance of blood in the urine. The impact of physical manipulation activates and potentiates the overall effect of treatment (drugs) by enhancing the polarization of plasma membranes and accelerating the activity of ATP transport phases.
The choice of physiotherapy options is always carried out by the attending physician taking into account the general clinical features of the course of the process, possible side effects.
Variants of procedures which can be shown at revealing of a hematuria symptom and after carrying out of diagnostic procedures:
- Endouretral laser therapy.
- Ultraviolet irradiation, (UVO blood).
- Thermotherapy (ozokerite, paraffin, psammoterapiya).
- Laser therapy.
- Prostate massage.
- Peloid therapy (therapeutic mud).
- Decimeter therapy.
- Dynamic amplipulse therapy.
- Short-pulse electroanalgesia (apparatus "DiaDENS-T").
- CMT-therapy (sinusoidal modulated currents).
- Endovezical phonophoresis.
- Mineral water.
- Intrrectal laser therapy.
Physiotherapy treatment is not performed if there are such contraindications:
- Renal colic in case of urolithiasis.
- Persistent violation of excretory function, outflow of urine.
- Acute forms of urological diseases, nephropathology.
- Extensive bleeding, total macrohematuria.
If hematuria is defined as a short-term, transient condition without anxiety-related symptoms, alternative treatment can be used. It is advisable to do this under the supervision of the attending physician and without experiments in the field of self-selection of prescriptions. Below are provided proven methods recommended by specialists, phytotherapeutists:
- Each ingredient should be grinded and take 1 tablespoon. Mix horsetail field, elderberry flowers, sporish, St. John's wort (4 components). The mixture is poured with boiling water (1 liter), insisted in a closed form for at least half an hour. The strained infusion is taken 200 ml on an empty stomach in the morning and in the evening, 30 minutes after eating. Course 0 7-10 days before the disappearance of the symptom "urine red" and fixing the result.
- Arctostaphylos (Bearberry). 1 tablespoon of leaves poured 0.5 liters of boiled water, brought to a boil on low heat (after boiling immediately remove the container from the fire). Decoction of "bear's ears" (the so-called bearberry in the people) helps to reduce unpleasant sensations in cystitis, activates the outflow of urine. Drink broth bearberry should be as often as possible, in small fractions, in small portions, literally 1 sip every half hour. Duration of admission - at least 5 days. Note that broth of bearberry can change the color of urine again - in a greenish tint, this should be considered the norm.
- Achillea millefolium, the milfoil milfoil, not accidentally received the name in honor of the ancient hero Achilles. In ancient times almost all diseases used this plant. In urology, yarrow is used as a phyto-agent containing organic acids (salicylic, formic, isovaleric), azulenes, monoterpenoids, alkaloids, camphor. The grass has a hemostatic, bactericidal property. Alternative treatment with yarrow is prudent, as it has contraindications (allergy, thrombosis, pregnancy). Recipe: 4 tablespoons of dry herbs boil in 1 liter of purified water 3-5 minutes. Then the broth is poured into the thermos bottle and infused for 10-12 hours. Drink infusion should be 1 teaspoonful, divided, every 2 hours. The course is 5-7 days, tracking the change in color of urine and general health.
Phytotherapy in the presence of symptoms - red urine can be used as a preventive medicine or strictly according to the doctor's prescription. Treatment with herbs is not as safe as it may seem, especially when it comes to haematuria caused by serious pathology. Haematuria, erythrocyturia can be partially stopped by phyto-drugs, which perform an auxiliary function in the general therapeutic complex.
- Barbaris is known for its unique properties to stop bleeding, to neutralize bacterial infection, to remove spasms due to berberine, which is a part of the plant. Recipe: 2 tablespoons chopped dry roots of barberry pour 0.5 liters of boiling water, leave for 1 hour. Take in warm form for half a glass 3 times a day before meals. Course - not less than 14 days. Another way - 35-40 g of berries ground, pour 1 glass of cold water, bring to a boil and cool. Then the agent should be diluted with boiled water so that the volume reached 1 liter. Stretching the broth, you can drink it twice a day for half a glass. The course of treatment with berries of barberry is 10-14 days.
- Ginger, royal spice, able to stop the inflammation of various etiologies, to remove puffiness, improve the process of hematopoiesis, strengthen the walls of blood vessels and capillaries, neutralize spasms and help in the treatment of urolithiasis. How to use: 1 teaspoon of green tea mixed with 1 teaspoon of ginger root (previously peeled and grated on a fine grater). The mixture is poured into 0.5 l of boiling water, it is insisted for 20-25 minutes, it is cooled down to an acceptable temperature and drunk like tea throughout the day (2-3 times a day). Ginger tea can be drunk in long courses, up to 1 month. Then you should take a small week break and treat the ginger broth you can continue. Contraindication for ginger intake may be pregnancy and the period of breastfeeding. Also, with caution to drink this tea should people suffering from diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, prone to exacerbate the process.
- As a hemostatic phyto-drug, you can drink a decoction of nettles, parsley and rose hips. Mix 1 tablespoon of each component, take 2 tablespoons of phyto-mixture and pour a liter of boiling water. The infusion should last at least 30 minutes. Strain and drink warm (50-60 degrees) on a tablespoon quite often - every 40-60 minutes. The course does not last long, this method is designed to stop bleeding. If urine of red color continues to be allocated more than a day, you should immediately stop herbal treatment and seek medical help.
Hematuria needs a careful selection of funds for the course of treatment. Classification of urine in red suggests many causes that provoke the presence of red blood cells in urine. Therefore, homeopathy is prescribed only after a comprehensive examination, relief of acute symptoms and elimination of anxious, threatening risk factors.
Let's consider some variants in which homeopathy can play a positive role as an effective way of self-treatment or consolidation of the therapeutic result after taking a course of traditional drugs.
- Glomerulonephritis is usually treated with cytostatics, corticosteroids, anticoagulants, diuretics. The course of treatment is very long - from 6 months to 1 year and more, so after relief of acute condition homeopathy will perform a buffer function during a break between treatment with complex (cytostatic, steroid drugs), temporarily substituting medicines without losing the achieved therapeutic effect. Such preparations are shown:
- Arsenicum album. Antiseptic medicine that reduces fever, intoxication. In granules - in the acute form of the disease is prescribed in the breeding of C3, C6, C9. Chronic course requires the use of the drug in breeding C30. The medicine is taken one-time in a mode selected by the doctor. Adults - high dilution (15-30), take once, once a week or a month, for 8-10 granules. Under the tongue 30 minutes before meals. Arsenicum is categorically contraindicated in case of exacerbation of GIT diseases (ulcerous forms) and acute renal failure.
- Mercurius corrosivus, a complex preparation based on sulima. The medicine can remove spasms, lower body temperature, swelling. Appoints his specialist, based on the individual characteristics of the patient. Mercurius is released in breeding - C3, C6 and more. High dilutions are indicated for chronic conditions, acute forms of the disease can be quenched by low dilutions (granules or drops).
- Apis mellifica, an anesthetic homeopathic preparation, dilution is 3, 6, 9, 12 and 30. With glomerulonephritis Apis is shown in the dilution 6. The medicine is taken for an hour or 1 hour after eating. Dosage: adult patient - 9-10 granules sublingually (under the tongue) every 1.5-2 hours; children from 3 to 14 years - 3-5 granules under the tongue, take every 2 hours. The method of admission can be adjusted by a homeopath physician.
- Cystitis, in which urine of red color is often noted:
- Solidify compositum C (Biologische Heilmittel Heel GmbH). The injection drug is injected as intramuscular injections, 2.2 ml (1 ampoule) from 1 to 3 times a week for 21 days.
- Renel (Heel GmbH), a multicomponent drug in tablet form (resorption). Take for half an hour before meals, 1 tablet twice or thrice a day as prescribed by the homeopath. Acute forms of cystitis - 1 tablet to dissolve every 15-20 minutes for 1.5-2 hours. To children Renel is shown from 3 years, the dosage is selected strictly on an individual basis.
Homeopathy is effective only in cases of diagnosing as one of the ways of treatment included in the general plan of the therapeutic course.
Hematuria as one of many symptoms of various conditions and pathologies does not require any surgical intervention. Surgical treatment is indicated only in case of urgent situations, serious illnesses and acute forms of diseases. Symptomatic therapy may include a wide range of antibacterial drugs, hemostatic drugs, antiviral drugs. If conservative methods do not give the desired result, hematuria is not stopped, surgical treatment is carried out only taking into account the ratio of potential efficacy and risks.
Indication for using surgical treatment:
- Neoplasms in the organs of the genitourinary system (benign or prone to malignancy).
- Urgent urological conditions - septic shock, anuria, urosepsis.
- Macrogematuria with intense internal bleeding, risk of loss of large amounts of blood.
- Abscess of the bladder.
- Large stones in the ureter.
- Kidney injury.
- Periurethral abscess.
- OPN - acute renal failure.
- Stricture of the ureter.
Surgical treatment, methods:
- Embolisation of the PA (renal artery).
- Nephrectomy (radical, laparoscopic - according to indications)
- Endoscopic moxibustion (coagulatio) of vessels that bleed.
- Endoscopic, transurethral resection (TUR) of the bladder.
- Crushing stones of the bladder and ureter.
- Percutaneous puncture nephrostomy.
- Cystoscopy (as a method that performs two functions - diagnostic and therapeutic).
- Resection of the sector or the whole organ of the urinary system according to indications.
Operative intervention in hematuria is an extreme method when conservative measures are not effective, or when the patient is threatened with a loss of blood in a critical amount.