Darkening of urine, which persists for several days, makes you seriously worried about your health. The causes of dark urine can be both natural and pathological.
- Increased physical activity.
- Drinking a little liquid.
- Products that color urine.
- Application of medicines.
In addition to the above factors, the biological fluid can change its color throughout the day. It is the darkest in the morning. This is due to its concentration during the night, when the liquid does not enter the body. This happens when the water balance is not respected during the day, increased sweating, hot weather and physical exertion.
As for food that affects the color of urine, it is: beets, legumes, carrots, blueberries and even beef. Change in urine is observed in people who consume a lot of black tea and coffee. If you exclude the above products from the diet, then the color is restored to normal.
There are also medicines that cause a darkening of the biological fluid. These drugs, which include such substances: cephalosporins, acetylsalicylic acid, ascorbic acid, metronidazole, riboflavin, nitrofuran and its derivatives, sulfonamides.
- Pathological causes:
- Diseases of the liver (cirrhosis, hepatitis).
- Defeat of the gallbladder and bile ducts (cholestasis, cholelitaz, pancreatitis).
- Dehydration of the body.
- Infectious diseases of the genitourinary system.
- Kidney disease (polycystosis, nephrolithiasis, glomerulonephritis).
- Oncological processes in the body.
- The poisoning with copper salts.
- Metabolic disorders (hemochromatosis, porphyria, tyrosinemia).
If the liquid is dark yellow, cloudy or with impurities, then most often it indicates a stone disease. At the given pathology the raised concentration of salt is observed. If the urine is a green tint, then this is a sign of hepatitis. The dark yellow color is dehydration, stagnation in the kidneys or acute infectious processes. Dark brown is caused by an increased content of bilirubin and biliverdin, that is, bile enzymes. This condition indicates the diseases of the gallbladder and liver. If urine is red or similar to meat slops, then this indicates that it contains red blood cells. This is due to inflammatory diseases of the urinary system, hemoglobinuria or hematuria.
Dark urine with kidney disease
One of the main filters of the body is the kidneys. They filter blood plasma, turning it into primary and secondary urine, which removes from the body an excess of mineral salts and nitrogenous slags. In a healthy person, the internal environment of the kidneys is sterile. But quite often in the kidneys a pathological microflora develops, provoking inflammatory processes. Most often this occurs with anomalies in the development of the organ, various tumor or autoimmune processes.
Dark urine with kidney disease is very common. If the secreted fluid is accompanied by bloody or purulent impurities, then this indicates nephritis or glomerulonephritis. With bleeding in the kidneys, urinary tract or bladder, urine becomes brown, dark or dirty brown.
There are a number of symptoms that appear simultaneously with changes in urine and indicate a pathology on the part of the kidneys:
- Painful sensations in the back and sides. Unpleasant sensations have different intensity and are most often manifested during urination and movements. Pain can be reflected in the groin and genitals.
- Temperature increase. This condition indicates the infectious processes. For example, with pyelonephritis, the temperature rises to 38-39 degrees, and with apostematous nephritis it is even higher.
- Blood pressure jumps. This is typical for glomerulonephritis, when pathologies from the glomerular vessels cause spasms of the arteries. Similar is observed with congenital anomalies of renal vessels, twisting of the vascular pedicle in a wandering kidney.
- Nausea and vomiting occur with pyelonephritis and chronic renal failure. Discomfort is accompanied by irregular blood pressure.
- Edema is both nephritic and nephrotic. The first arise because of the increase in blood pressure and appear on the face, under the eyes, in the eyelid. The second type of puffiness is the result of a disturbance in the balance of protein fractions. It arises because of the difference in onkological pressure after an overnight rest. It appears on the face, arms, legs, abdominal wall and other parts of the body.
- Changes in the skin - there is pallor of the skin, severe itching and dryness. These symptoms occur with pyelonephritis, kidney failure, gout, diabetic nephropathy, kidney lowering, kidney stones, kidney colic and other pathologies.
Dark color of urine in combination with the above symptoms require careful diagnosis. To do this, conduct a clinical and biochemical blood test, a general urine test and a sample of Nechiporenko, Zimnitsky. Mandatory ultrasound of the kidneys, an overview radiography, a calculation of the rate of club filtration on the basis of creatine clearance and other studies. Based on the results of the diagnosis, the doctor prescribes appropriate treatment.
Dark urine with pyelonephritis
Acute or chronic kidney disease with pathological processes in the body is pyelonephritis. Dark urine with pyelonephritis appears from the first days of the disorder.
- The disease is characterized by inflammation of one of the structures of the bowl-and-pelvic organ system and adjacent tissues, followed by impaired functions of the affected kidney.
- Most often pyelonephritis occurs in women. The inflammatory process alternately affects both kidneys. Inflammation can be either unilateral or bilateral.
- If the disease takes an acute form, then there are severe pain in the lumbar region, fever, nausea, vomiting and urination disorders. Urine can be with impurities of blood and pus.
Diagnosis of pyelonephritis is carried out with the help of analysis of the composition of urine. The indicators of pathology are: high leukocyte count, the presence of bacteria, fluid density <1.018 and alkaline pH, the presence of glucose and protein, which are normally absent. Also, ultrasound and CT of kidneys, excretory urography and mandatory bacteriological study of urine.
Based on the results of the analysis, a treatment plan is drawn up. Therapy can be medicamentous: antibiotics (Amoxicillin, Cefuroxime, Tobramycin, Doxycycline, Chloramphenicol, Nitroxoline), diuretics, immunomodulators, multivitamins and agents for improving renal blood flow. The color and composition of the fluid is gradually restored throughout the course of treatment.
Dark urine with cystitis
Inflammation of the bladder mucosa is a common disease that occurs in both men and women. Dark urine in cystitis is one of the main symptoms of pathology. Normally, the fluid is clear, but because of the inflammatory process in the bladder, it becomes cloudy. Such changes are associated with the entry of bacteria, epithelial cells, leukocytes, mucus and protein into urine.
Diagnosis of cystitis is based on the symptoms of the disease (frequent urination, pain, change in the color of urine) and laboratory tests.
- Particular attention is paid to the analysis of urine. With cystitis, high protein, bacteria and mucus levels are detected, which are normal in the normal state.
- Another important indicator of the disorder is the presence of erythrocytes, leukocytes and flat epithelium. With cystitis, their values significantly exceed the allowable values.
- Another factor of inflammation is the pH of the fluid. Normally, it should be acidic, but if alkalization is observed, this indicates cystitis.
In addition to the tests, it is necessary to perform ultrasound examination of the bladder. If there is a thickening of the walls of the body and the presence of suspended matter, this is a sign of inflammation. Differential diagnostics is also carried out, which is aimed at eliminating diseases with a similar clinic and changing the color of urine.
Based on the analysis make up a treatment plan. The timeliness and correctness of therapy depends on the prognosis of recovery. If the inflammation is not cured to the end, but only muffled, then the acute disease takes on a chronic form.
Dark urine with liver disease
The liver is a vital organ that is located in the upper right abdominal region, below the diaphragm. Dark urine in liver diseases is very common and indicates the inflammatory nature of the disorder. The change in the color of urine signals a failure in the functioning of the organ. The liver produces bile, which is necessary for the absorption of fats. The body neutralizes toxic substances.
- In diseases caused by tissue damage and bile evolving, a bleeding bilirubin is formed in the secreted fluid, which stains it in a dark brown color.
- With diffuse changes in the renal tissue, its cells and blood vessels, tumoral neoplasms, internal bleeding and inflammatory processes, urine becomes red-brown.
- With hepatitis of various etiologies (viral, autoimmune, toxic), an increase in the level of hemoglobin and a violation of the process of hematopoiesis due to diffuse changes are observed. The released liquid acquires a brown tinge.
- At a hepatosis urine of a whitish shade. This is due to the degeneration of the hepatic tissue and the replacement of its particles of fat. Fat accumulations fall into the blood.
The color of urine is normally yellow, but it can vary due to many factors. First of all, this is the amount of liquids drunk, food and medicine, time of day and age of a person. Thus, the morning urine is darker, the liquid acquires a more intense coloration with the age of the person.
With most liver diseases, urine has a steadily yellowish-brown color that can resemble dark beer. In some cases, a green liquid is observed. To determine the cause of the morbid condition, an extensive complex of diagnostic studies is carried out. First take a blood and urine test. The latter is necessary for determining the level of hemoglobin and bilirubin concentration, the content of leukocytes and erythrocytes, the presence of glucose (sugar), the presence of impurities and toxic substances.
If sugar is detected, this indicates metabolic disorders, which are accompanied by renal pathologies. When detecting toxins, elevated hemoglobin, bilirubin or leukocytes, additional studies are carried out. The patient is assigned a blood test for all markers of hepatitis, ultrasound of the liver and other tests.
Treatment of hepatic diseases begins with a diet. Therapeutic diet is based on the rejection of products that create an additional burden on the body: sweets, pastries, animal fats, canned food and pickles, sour fruits and vegetables, condiments. In combination with the diet prescribe drugs that stop the inflammatory process and accelerate the process of recovery.
Dark urine with hepatitis
Botkin's disease or hepatitis is an acute viral disease. Dark urine in hepatitis is associated with infectious processes in the body. Against the background of the change in urine, there is general weakness, fever and sweating, chills, icterus of the skin and mucous membranes.
The main types of hepatitis:
- A is the most common form of viral damage. Has an incubation period from 1 week to 2 months. Infection is associated with a low sanitary and hygienic level. Transmitted through close household contacts and the use of contaminated products. The main symptoms are: urine color of dark beer or strong tea, colorless feces, jaundice of the skin, deterioration of general well-being.
- B is serum hepatitis, which is characterized by severe liver damage. Infection occurs through the blood, during sexual intercourse and from the fetus to the mother. The first symptom is increased body temperature, joint pain, nausea and vomiting. If this form of the disease is acute, it can lead to serious complications, one of which is cirrhosis.
- C - infection occurs through the blood and non-sterile syringes, that is, hematogenous and sexually transmitted. It flows in two forms - acute and chronic. In the first case, loss of appetite, abdominal pain, yellow skin tone and sclera of the eyes, dark urine and light stools are observed. In the second case, there are muscular pains and discomfort in the joints, febrile condition, pain in the liver, jaundice, severe weight loss, chronic fatigue, vascular sprouts on the skin.
- D - delta-hepatitis, which differs from other viral forms in that its virus can not live independently in the human body. He needs a virus-helper, which acts hepatitis B. The disease occurs in an acute form, with a pronounced symptomatology.
- E - by its characteristics is similar to the virus A. Characterized by the defeat of not only the liver, but also the kidneys. Has a pronounced fecal-oral mechanism of infection. It is especially dangerous for women on the last days of pregnancy, as it can lead to death of both mother and fetus.
- G-is reminiscent of viral hepatitis C, but less dangerous. If a combination of hepatitis C and G is diagnosed, this can lead to cirrhosis of the liver.
To confirm the diagnosis of hepatitis, a biochemical blood test is performed to determine the enzymes of the liver, protein and bilirubin in the plasma. The concentration of all fractions is increased due to destruction of the hepatic cells. The analysis of urine is necessary for revealing signs of an inflammation, that is the raised or increased level of leukocytes. Based on the results of diagnosis, a plan of treatment and prevention of liver damage is made.
Dark urine with cholecystitis
Inflammation of the gallbladder often occurs against a background of cholelithiasis. Dark urine in cholecystitis is one of the obvious signs of this disease. According to medical statistics, women are more likely to have cholecystitis than men. The pathological condition can develop with chronic infections in the body, with parasitic diseases or after viral hepatitis.
The disorder has two forms: acute and chronic. The severity of his course depends on the symptomatology. Patients complain of nausea, dry mouth, abdominal pain, swelling, discoloration of urine. In most cases, it is the disturbance of the secreted fluid that is the reason to seek medical help. It looks like a dark beer, foams, there may be an admixture of blood, and urination may be painful. If you let this state drip, the symptoms will begin to progress. There will be pain on the right side of the hypochondrium, fever, bitterness and mechanical jaundice.
For diagnosis, use laboratory tests (urine, feces, blood), ultrasound of the pelvic organs. Based on the results of the studies, the gastroenterologist makes a plan for therapy. Without timely treatment, cholecystitis can lead to peritonitis, abscesses, pancreatitis, cholangitis, sepsis.
Dark urine with pancreatitis
Inflammation of the pancreas often occurs due to tumor processes or the overlapping of the duct of the body with concrements from the gallbladder. Dark urine with pancreatitis is observed from the first days of the disease. Because of the inflammatory process, the enzymes that produce iron do not enter the duodenum, but remain in the organ and destroy it. The excreted enzymes and toxins enter the bloodstream, damaging other organs and tissues. Against this background, there is a cloudy urine with bloody impurities.
The main sign of pancreatitis is painful shingles in the upper abdomen, which can be given in the back. There is also nausea, vomiting, increased weakness. Treatment depends on the results of diagnosis and the severity of the pathological condition. To confirm the diagnosis, an analysis of warm freshly released urine for diastase (alpha-amylase) is performed.
Diastase is an enzyme that is formed in the pancreas and salivary glands. It breaks down complex and simple carbohydrates. Its level is a marker of the severity of the inflammatory process. If diastase is increased, then this indicates an acute inflammation or exacerbation of chronic processes. Normally, the level of diastase should not exceed 64 units, but with pancreatitis, these indicators can reach 16,000 units, that is, a 250-fold increase. Treatment consists of diet therapy and medication. At normalization of analyzes appoint or nominate LFK.
Dark urine before menstruation
Normally, urine has a light yellow color. Its saturation is affected by the amount of bile pigment (urochrome). Dark urine before menstruation in most cases is associated with hormonal imbalance. The color of the secreted fluid in women, can change in such cases:
- Lack of fluid in the body. The dark color of the urine indicates that it is very concentrated. Similar is observed during dehydration. Active sweating also promotes darkening. To eliminate the unpleasant symptom it is enough to replenish the water supply.
- Medications. Admission of B vitamins, ascorbic acid, antibiotics, drugs against tuberculosis and malaria, causes changes in color and consistency of urine. This is observed when laxatives are used, which contribute to fluid loss.
- Food. The change in the color of urine before the monthly may be due to the use of products that affect the saturation of the secreted fluid. It can be beet, legumes, black tea, beef, rhubarb or products with artificial colors.
Changes may indicate overfatigue or overheating. In some cases, this is a sign of certain diseases: hepatitis, cirrhosis, stones in the bile duct and gall bladder, cancer, metabolic disorders, hemolytic anemia, intoxication of the body. In any case, if the pathological symptoms from the urinary system appear on a regular basis, then it is worthwhile to seek medical help and take tests for the study.
Dark urine with prostatitis
Inflammation of the prostate gland tissue is a male disease. Dark urine with prostatitis appears against the background of various disorders of the urinary system. Acute and acute inflammation is noted along the course. Because of the occurrence of bacterial and non-bacterial prostatitis, but more often the first.
Consider the main causes of the disease, which cause various pathological symptoms, including changes in urine:
- Sexually Transmitted Infections.
- Violation of blood circulation and lymph circulation in the organs of the small pelvis.
- Subcooling the body.
- Stress, increased physical activity.
- Impaired immune system.
- Hormonal imbalance.
For prostatitis, the characters of pain in the lower abdomen, scrotum and perineum, changes in the quantity and quality of the ejaculate and urine, and disorders of urination. The temperature rises sharply, there are headaches, discomfort in the muscles and lower back. Urination becomes frequent and painful, burning occurs. In the discharged fluid there may be impurities of blood.
The diagnosis is made on the basis of blood and urine tests, as well as tests for STDs, a secret from the prostate and urine culture, and if necessary, a prostate biopsy. Necessarily differentiation is carried out with urethritis and other pathologies that provoke infections of the kidney or bladder. Treatment is medicated, prolonged. Particular attention is paid to preventive measures.
Dark urine with rotavirus
Intestinal flu or rotavirus infection is a disease that is often called a disease of dirty hands. Infection is transmitted by the fecal-oral route. The carrier secretes the virus along with the feces. But because of non-observance of the rules of personal hygiene, it transfers bacteria on the hands, spreading them among the people around. The incubation period takes 1-5 days. At this time, the virus actively multiplies on the mucosa of the small intestine, destroying its cells.
Dark urine with rotavirus is one of the symptoms of the disease. As a rule, the disorder begins acutely. There is vomiting, stool disorders, fever, a cold, a red painful throat. General health and appetite worsen. The feces become light, and the urine is dark, in addition, flakes and impurities of blood may appear in it. The acute period lasts several days, after which indigestion subsides. Without timely treatment rotavirus can lead to lesions of the digestive system, liver and other internal organs. Especially dangerous is intoxication and dehydration, which adversely affect the immune system.
Treatment begins with the restoration of the water-salt balance with the help of rehydration solutions. To remove toxins from the body, sorbents are used: activated carbon, Smecta, Enterosgel. To prevent the multiplication of pathogens in the intestine, antibiotics may be prescribed. Particular attention is paid to nutrition. The diet should include boiled low-fat cereals and other products that do not irritate the digestive tract.
Dark urine after drinking alcohol
Entering the body, drinks containing ethanol penetrate the brain and other organs and systems, forming somatic diseases. Dark urine after drinking alcohol is very common. Even a single intake of alcohol causes proteinuria, that is, a protein in urine. Large doses can cause necro nephrosis and hematuria. As a rule, such phenomena are short-lived, but long-term use of alcohol leads to severe kidney damage.
Alcohol also adversely affects the respiratory system. The products of the decomposition of ethanol (ethanol and acetaldehyde) with the blood flow get into the lung tissue, having a toxic effect. As a result, this leads to inflammatory processes in the bronchi and trachea.
Abuse of alcohol can provoke pathological dehydration of the body. In some cases, darkening of secreted fluid indicates alcoholic hepatitis, kidney and liver diseases, oncological processes in the body. If the color change is accompanied by painful urination, it signals problems with the kidneys, bladder, urinary tract.
Dark urine after exercise
Many athletes face such a problem as dark urine after training. Physical stresses lead to dehydration of the body, so a change in the color of urine is considered normal and is temporary. It is enough to fill a supply of liquid and the natural color of urine will be restored.
If a violation occurs too often, then this may indicate an incorrect training regimen and incorrectly selected loads. Darkening of the secretion of the fluid very often occurs with prolonged training for endurance and fat burning. This condition is accompanied by increased sweating and other individual symptoms for each organism.
Dark urine in fasting
Such a symptom as dark urine in fasting occurs in many people who for the first time decided to resort to this method of healing the body. The disorder is associated with an incorrect approach to the process of starvation. Darkening of the liquid indicates dehydration, deficiency of nutrients and elimination of toxins.
Consider the basic rules of starvation, which allow to maintain the normal color of urine and do not interfere with the functioning of the body's systems:
- When fasting for 24-36 hours, water consumption should be 1.5-2 liters per day. This is due to the fact that a large number of toxic substances enter the bloodstream in the first days. The use of water facilitates the process of starvation and reduces the symptoms of intoxication.
- When fasting for 3-4 days the amount of liquid should be at the level of 2 liters per day. The same amount of water is recommended for longer starvation for 7-10 days. Water reduces the burden on the body, which arises from the increased amount of toxic substances formed during the decay of fat.
Also do not forget that the use of increased amounts of water during fasting overloads the body. Because of this, pains appear in the urethra, general health worsens, and many organs and systems can be disturbed.
Dark urine during dehydration
Deficiency of water in the body causes disruption in the work of the whole organism. Dark urine during dehydration indicates an increased concentration of nitrogenous substances and slags in urine. This composition of the biological fluid gives it a specific smell.
There are several reasons for dehydration. First of all, it is the refusal of the liquid, intense sweating without replenishment of lost water, excessive vomiting and diarrhea. Each of the above conditions requires medical attention.
Dark urine with ARVI
Acute respiratory viral infections adversely affect the entire body, including the urinary system. Dark urine in ARVI occurs due to the use of antiviral drugs, which include vitamin C.
Darkening of the liquid can be associated with dehydration of the body due to fever and fever. The painful condition increases the burden on the kidneys. To prevent urinary disorders, you need to consume plenty of fluids. Purified warm water is also needed to dilute sputum and accelerate the healing process.
Dark urine for colds
Such a concept as a cold, includes a vast group of acute respiratory infections that arise due to various viruses and bacteria. Dark urine with a cold can be associated with the impact on the body of pathogens.
Violation of the color of urine occurs due to symptoms characteristic of the common cold: temperature, signs of body intoxication, nasal congestion and headaches, discomfort in the throat and cough. Drugs used to treat colds can also cause turbidity of the biological fluid.
Dark urine with angina
Tonsillitis refers to those diseases that negatively affect the condition of the kidneys. Dark urine in angina can be one of the symptoms of the disease or its complication.
- In the first case, changes in renal function are associated with acute or chronic intoxication of the body. After recovery, the pathological symptoms go away.
- If the darkening of the secreted fluid is a complication, then this indicates a serious infectious disease of the kidneys and urinary system.
Also, do not forget that the dark color of urine in angina may occur because of the antibiotics and other medications used. To diagnose this condition, you must submit a set of laboratory tests.
Dark urine after beet
Beetroot is a vegetable with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, rich in vitamins B, C and microelements necessary for the body. Dark urine after beet occurs very often. This is an absolutely normal reaction, since it contains natural substances - betatsianiny, coloring urine. Bethanine is very often used as a natural food coloring (E162).
According to the intensity of the color, the released liquid can be from light pink to dark brown. This changes the feces, it also becomes dark. The color depends on the acidity of the stomach and the time of digestion of the vegetable. Violation persists for 1-2 days. Based on this, we can conclude that dark urine after beet is not a dangerous medical condition, but do not forget that in some cases, an atypical shade is a sign of serious problems.
Dark urine after sex
Such a symptom as dark urine after sex occurs very often. In most cases, the cause of the disorder is postcoital cystitis. From this infectious pathology women suffer more often than men. The risk group includes girls who are just starting to have sex. In this case, changes in the color of urine persists for 1-2 days after sexual intimacy.
Predisposing factors for the appearance of a liquid with a color change are: frequent changes in sexual partners, colds, non-observance of the rules of genital hygiene, inflammatory or infectious pathologies, trauma to the mucous membrane of the bladder, and insufficient intake of fluid.
If the disorder is accompanied by pain in the lower abdomen and discomfort during urination, burning, general weakness and fever, then immediately seek medical help. Such symptoms require treatment.
Dark urine after poisoning
Intoxication of the body is a pathological condition with impairment of vital activity due to toxic substances that have entered the body or formed in it. Dark urine after poisoning signals the removal of harmful components from the body. Very often poisoning is observed in inflammatory processes of a localized nature. For example, with pneumonia, kidney disease and urinary tract. Chronic intoxication is observed in chronic tonsillitis, tuberculosis and cholecystitis. Some infections can provoke symptoms of poisoning.
Consider the main types of poisoning and the accompanying symptoms:
- Medication - most often observed with the use of penicillins, sulfonamides and other medications. A painful condition is accompanied by violations of varying severity from the whole organism. There are severe headaches, nausea and vomiting, skin rashes, impairment of the respiratory system, increased heart rate.
- Nutritional - acute poisoning is possible with the use of products with pathogenic microorganisms. It can be unwashed vegetables or fruits, late products or improperly cooked (raw meat, fish, etc.). The disorder is manifested by severe vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, darkening of the urine and a delay in urination, severe spasmodic pain in the abdomen.
- Alcoholic - the work of the central nervous system is disrupted, vegetative, neurological and mental disorders are possible. In some cases, alcohol intoxication poses a danger to life. Alcoholic drinks destructively affect the liver, poisoning it. Because of liver intoxication, urine appears dark in color, sometimes with foam.
Treatment of a painful condition is based on the elimination of the original cause and the neutralization of toxic substances.
Dark urine with metronidazole
Metronidazole is a medicinal product with antimicrobial properties. Dark urine after taking metronidazole refers to the side effects of the drug. The medication has several forms of release: suspensions and tablets for oral administration, injections, vaginal suppositories, external gel. In this case, changes in the color of the kidney secreted by the kidneys arise when using only tablets. The active substance interacts with harmful microorganisms, destroying them at the cellular level.
The pathological symptom arises with prolonged use of metronidazole. Against the background of darkening of urine there are other unpleasant symptoms: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, heaviness in the epigastric region, changes in taste, stomatitis, eructation, loss of appetite. In especially severe cases, it is possible to develop hepatitis, jaundice, pancreatitis. Also, skin allergic reactions, respiratory depression and increased heart rate may appear.
To restore the normal color of urine and eliminate other adverse reactions, it is necessary to perform a number of therapeutic measures. First of all, wash the stomach within 30-40 minutes after taking the drug. Later, the active component will be absorbed into the blood and washing will not be advisable. At the second stage, sorbents are recommended: activated carbon, Smekta, Sorbeks, Carbolong. And in conclusion, the body's water balance should be maintained to normalize water-salt metabolism, reduce the drug in the blood plasma and reduce the burden on the kidneys.
Dark urine after furadonin
Furadonin is an antimicrobial agent whose mechanism of action is based on impaired permeability of the cell membrane and protein synthesis in bacteria. It has bacteriostatic and bactericidal properties. It is active against gram-negative and gram-positive microorganisms. The drug is used to treat infectious and inflammatory pathologies of the urinary tract. Helps with pyelonephritis, cystitis, pyelitis, urethritis.
Dark urine after furadonin occurs as a side effect of the drug and in some cases with an overdose. In addition to changing the color of urine, skin allergic reactions, nausea, vomiting, headaches and dizziness, increased drowsiness, and stool disorders are possible. For the treatment, dialysis is indicated and the use of large volumes of liquid is used to accelerate the excretion of the drug.
Dark urine after furazolidone
Furazolidone is an antibacterial agent from the group of nitrofurans. It is a synthetic derivative of 5-nitrofurfurol, has pronounced antimicrobial properties against gram-negative aerobic microorganisms. Its mechanism of action is based on increasing the complement titer and phagocytic activity of leukocytes. This reduces the production of toxins of pathogenic microorganisms, improves the overall clinical picture.
The medicine is used for infectious diseases of the digestive tract, genitourinary system and skin. Used for food poisoning, urethritis, cystitis, pyelitis, infected wounds and burns. Dark urine after furazolidone is observed with an overdose and as a side effect of the drug. To reduce the severity of this reaction, it is recommended to use antihistamines, B vitamins and a large amount of liquid. If the adverse reaction persists, then stop taking the drug and see a doctor.
The darkening of the fluid secreted by the kidneys is also possible with an overdose of furazolidone. In this case, the disorder is associated with toxic liver damage. As a result, the development of polyneuritis and hematotoxic action are possible. There is no specific antidote, therefore, gastric lavage, reception of enterosorbents and restoration of water-electrolyte balance are shown.
Dark urine from antibiotics
One of the most obvious signs of abnormalities in the work of the body and especially the kidneys is the color of urine. Dark urine from antibiotics occurs with the admission of many groups of drugs and in the treatment of various diseases. Consider the most frequent changes in the color of the liquid caused by the use of antibacterial drugs:
- Dark pink and dark red - Aspirin, antibiotics of the group of cephalosporins.
- Brown - sulfonamides.
- Amber, dark orange - Riboflavin, Furagin, 5-NOC.
Urine color beer or strong tea indicates a disease on the part of the liver of the gallbladder, a reddish hue - an inflammatory lesion of the kidneys, hematuria or hemoglobinuria. A dark yellow color with a green tinge is possible with jaundice or with the allocation of pus. Urine of dark and almost black color is hemolytic anemia.
Dark urine after furamaga
Furamag is an antimicrobial agent from the pharmacotherapeutic group of nitrofurans. Contains several active components: furazidine and magnesium carbonate. The mechanism of action of the drug is based on the inhibition of the synthesis of nucleic acids. Oppresses biochemical processes, causing the destruction and death of harmful microorganisms. Has a wide spectrum of antibacterial action, is active against gram-positive and gram-negative strains.
The main indication for use is the treatment of infectious and inflammatory diseases, cystitis, urethritis, pyelonephritis, infections of the genitals, infections in urological operations. Does not change the pH of urine, but creates high concentrations in the kidneys. Dark urine after furamaga is possible when removing the active components of the medicine from the body. Changes in the color of the secretion of the liquid are observed in overdose. Against this background, there is a headache, nausea, loss of appetite and allergic reactions. For the treatment of enterosorbents and antihistamines.
Dark urine from makmirora
Macmirror is a combination drug, which contains two active substances: nifuratel and nystatin. It has pronounced antimicrobial, antiprotozoal and fungicidal properties. It is used for vaginal infections caused by pathogens that are sensitive to the drug. Used to treat bacterial infections of urogenital localization, urogenital trichomoniasis, vaginal candidiasis.
Dark urine from makmirora is possible at the first stages of drug application and in case of overdose. In some cases, interaction with other antibacterial drugs provokes disorders from the urinary system, including darkening of the color of the secreted fluid.
Metronidazole stains urine in a dark color
Metronidazole is an antiprotozoal preparation with antibacterial activity. It is used for conducting etiotropic therapy of infectious diseases of different localization and etiology. Contains active substance - a chemical derivative of 5-nitromidazole. It has the greatest activity against anaerobic bacteria, protozoa single-celled microorganisms.
It is prescribed for the treatment of inflammatory pathologies of the organs of the urogenital tract, inflammation of the large intestine, infections of bone tissue, abscessed pathological processes of the structures of the central nervous system. It can be used in complex therapy of tumor pathologies that require radiation.
Many patients taking the drug note that Metronidazole stains the urine in a dark color. This symptom is an adverse reaction from the urogenital system. In addition, it is possible to increase the volume of excreted fluid, incontinence, cystitis, candidiasis. Adverse symptoms are supplemented with nausea, vomiting, stool disorders, headaches and dizziness, skin allergic reactions. Similar symptoms are possible with a drug with alcohol. There is no specific antidote, therefore, symptomatic therapy is performed.
Dark urine from enterofuril
A broad-spectrum antimicrobial agent is Enterofuril. The drug has no systemic effect, is used to treat diarrhea of an infectious origin. Contains the active component - nifuroxazide from the group of 5-nitrofuran derivatives. It has bactericidal and bacteriostatic properties. It is used to treat patients with acute and chronic diarrhea, with iatrogenic diarrhea and disorders of stool of unknown etiology.
Dark urine from enterofuril is observed with the use of increased doses of the drug. To eliminate this symptom, you need to reduce dosage and seek medical advice. If violations of the genitourinary system are accompanied by additional symptoms, it is recommended to stop taking the medicine and conduct symptomatic therapy.
Dark urine after mushrooms
Many products cause a change in the color of urine. Dark urine after fungi can arise for several reasons, consider them:
- Mushrooms are a plant product with a high content of proteins, essential amino acids and other useful microorganisms. It is the protein that causes temporary staining of urine.
- Despite the rich in useful substances, the fungi contain components that can provoke poisoning. Very often, intoxication with this product leads to a lethal outcome. It is the poisoning of the body that causes changes in the color of urine.
If you notice a change in the color of the fluid released during the urination and the disorder persists for several days, accompanied by pathological symptoms, then you should immediately seek medical help.
From the sorbifer, dark red urine
Very often, Sorbifer is used to treat anemia associated with iron deficiency and the prevention of iron deficiency in the body. The anti-anemic effect of the drug is due to its composition. The drug contains ferrous sulfate and vitamin C.
If the dark red urine appeared from the sorbifer, then this indicates the development of adverse reactions. Against this background, there may be attacks of nausea and vomiting, stool disorders, epigastric pain. To eliminate the painful condition, it is recommended to stop taking the drug and seek medical help.
Dark urine from Trichopolum
Trichopol is an antibacterial agent with the active substance metronidazole. The drug is active against protozoa, anaerobes and aerobes. It is used to treat giardiasis, vaginitis, trichomoniasis, amoebiasis, and surgical infections caused by microorganisms that are sensitive to the drug. Effective as part of complex therapy for the eradication of Helicobacter pylori.
Dark urine from trichopolum, this is a side symptom of the drug. As a rule, it manifests itself simultaneously with dyspeptic phenomena of varying severity, dizziness and headaches, various allergic reactions. To treat painful symptoms, hemodialysis or discontinuation of the drug is indicated.
Dark urine when taking makmiror
Antimicrobial agent with a combined composition is MacMiore. The drug has antiprotozoal and fungicidal action. Contains two active components: nifuratel and nystatin. It is used for the treatment of infectious diseases caused by pathogenic microorganisms that are sensitive to the action of the drug.
One of the most frequent side symptoms of the medication is dark urine when taking makmiror. This phenomenon is temporary and most often occurs with the use of vaginal suppositories. Other forms of drug release can also trigger abnormalities from the genitourinary system, but are usually much rarer than suppositories. To eliminate the unpleasant symptom it is enough to reduce the dosage or notice the drug as an analog.
Dark urine from De-nola
De-Nol is an antiulcer drug with an active component - bismuth subcitrate. It has astringent, antimicrobial and gastro-cytoprotective properties. It is used for the treatment and prevention of various diseases of the duodenum and stomach, which are accompanied by lesions of the mucous membrane.
Dark urine from the denol arises as a side reaction of the drug. Most often this occurs with prolonged use of high doses. In this case, the accumulation of bismuth in the tissues of the central nervous system, which in addition to violations of the urinary system can lead to the development of encephalopathy. As a rule, after the drug is abolished, all the side effects go away on their own.