How is vomiting treated without fever and diarrhea? The child, as a rule, has such a reflex single, one-time. If vomiting occurred only once, there is no need to take any specific measures, the only thing that is necessary is to observe the condition of the baby during the day. If vomiting happens repeatedly and repeatedly, it is better not to risk it and call a doctor.
Who can join the treatment after the diagnosis?
- A pediatrician is a doctor who performs a primary examination, collects information about a child's health and makes a preliminary or final diagnosis. If necessary, narrow specialists may be involved, who will prescribe the treatment of vomiting without temperature and diarrhea already according to their specialization.
- The gastroenterologist can take care of the child if vomiting is a clinical manifestation of the gastrointestinal tract. Usually the baby takes treatment at home.
- The surgeon is needed for acute, urgent conditions. Pylorostenosis, trauma of the stomach or intestines, intestinal obstruction, appendicitis and other acute illnesses are treated in a hospital.
- The neurologist prescribes additional examinations if the vomiting for the primary diagnostic option is associated with pathologies, CNS diseases.
- Psychogenic emetic reflexes suggest treatment with a psychotherapist, a child psychologist.
What can parents do if vomiting without temperature and diarrhea in a child continues more than once and the baby's condition worsens?
- Be sure to call for emergency medical attention.
- Ensure a proper supply of fresh air in the room.
- Before the medical help will be rendered, it is necessary to be with the child literally every minute. The child needs to release tight clothes, can be put on his side, so that the head is turned (to avoid vomiting in the respiratory tract). Infants should be kept in their arms in an upright position, and also monitor the release of vomiting to prevent aspiration (vomiting into the respiratory system).
- Babies after the vomiting act need to clean the mouth, older children can rinse their mouths themselves.
- You can not force a child to eat, except for babies.
- It is obligatory to give a child, in small fractions, in small portions, literally half a teaspoon, but very often (after 5-7 minutes). So you can avoid dehydration (dehydration) of the body.
Treatment at home involves a special diet. The rule is one - all products that are included in the menu should be carefully selected so that the diet meets the standards of gentle nutrition. Anyway, when vomiting, the mucous membrane of the gastrointestinal tract is subjected to a traumatic process, therefore, the food should not aggravate either mechanical discomfort or inflammatory process, which is also possible. It is important to consider the cause of vomiting. If it is of a psychogenic nature, in no case should you force a child to be forcibly.
Very useful and drinking regime in the format of oral rehydration. The child needs to drink water-salt liquid, best of all, purchase special powders in the pharmacy and dilute them according to the scheme indicated on them. For example, rehydron diluted at the rate of 1 packet per 0, 5 liters of boiled water. Fractional, frequent drinking is calculated depending on the age and body weight of the baby. Children under the age of 1 year - 150ml for each kilogram of body weight (per day). Children older than 1 year do not require this amount, calculation - 120 ml per 1 kg of weight. The amount of drinking should also be divided into an hour of time and water the child every 3-15 (depending on the age) minutes from the teaspoon.
The scheme of drinking regime for children:
- Infants under 1 year - every 3-5 minutes for 1 teaspoon.
- Children from 1 to 3 years - every 3-5 minutes for 2-4 teaspoons.
- A child older than three or more years is shown - 1.5-2 tablespoons every 5 minutes.
Abundant drink with a vomitive reflex is not shown, it will only strengthen it and injure the gastric mucosa.
Conservative or surgical treatment of vomiting without fever and diarrhea in a child is required only after the indications, after a thorough and accurate diagnosis.
Medicines for vomiting without fever and diarrhea are usually not required. Acute, urgent conditions that manifest as vomiting without fever and diarrhea are, fortunately, rare in a child. All that is required of the parents is to monitor the baby's condition and give him enough fluids in the form of a fractional drink. Any medicine that is used alone, without the advice of a doctor, can increase the gag reflex and greatly complicate the diagnosis of the underlying cause.
If a doctor's visit ends with a prescription for treatment, then parents can safely start conservative therapy at home. What can be prescribed by a pediatrician for vomiting?
- Regridron is a preparation of rehydration oral therapy. It is needed to restore the water-salt balance, neutralize acidosis and reduce the risk of dehydration. Regidron is produced in powder form and contains:
- Sodium chloride.
- Potassium chloride.
- Sodium citrate.
The drug is well absorbed, its ingredients have a high degree of bioavailability - a combination of sodium chloride and potassium restore the normal level of salt balance, which in turn positively affects cardiovascular activity.
Mode of application:
1 sachet of Regidron is diluted in 1 liter of warm, purified or boiled water. The solution should be cooled, rehydron should be used in liquid form within 24 hours. Unused preparation is disposed of and a new solution is prepared as needed.
Before starting the reception, you should calculate the drinking regimen depending on the body weight, taking into account the volume of fluid from other sources (breastfeeding, feeding liquid food to older children). Usually, this dosage is recommended - for 1 hour you need to take 10 milliliters per 1 kilogram of weight.
How to calculate the medicine?
- The first 4-8 hours with a single, profuse vomiting without other complications and menacing symptoms - 100 milliliters per 1 kg of body weight for children over 1 year of age (drink fractional), then gradually the dosage is reduced to 10 ml per 1 kg of body weight.
- Children older than 3 years - the first 5-6 hours after heavy vomiting to avoid dehydration should be given up to one liter during this period, then reduce the dose to 200 ml within 2 hours (fractional).
- A more precise scheme can be prescribed by a doctor depending on the vomiting factor, the age and condition of the child.
The course of therapy with a regimen should not exceed 2-3 days.
Regiodron has its own contraindications, it is not safe. Contraindications:
- Kidney pathologies, including congenital.
- Obstruction of the esophagus, intestine.
- Dramina is a drug shown primarily if vomiting without fever and diarrhea in a child is provoked by dysfunction of the central nervous system.
The drug gently acts on the central nervous system, the basic basic substance dimenhydrinate inhibits it. Dramine is used as a remedy against vomiting, as a sedative, and as an antihistamine drug in certain forms of allergy.
The action of a drama can last up to 5-6 hours.
Indication - kinetosis, motion sickness syndrome, dizziness, vestibular disorders.
How to take a drama?
- Children from 3 to 5-6 years. For ¼ tablets before meals for 30 minutes, twice a day with the potential for prolonged travel and motion sickness. If drama solves the problem as a one-time anti-emetic, you need to give ½ tablets and observe the child's condition.
- Children older than 6 years - up to 10-12 years. ½ tablets twice a day or 1 tablet once for a single case of vomiting.
Age to 1 year and some kidney disease, dermatosis, bronchial asthma.
- Humaine electrolyte as a medicine for dehydration (dehydration). This is a good hypo-osmolar, which corrects the water-electrolyte balance, restores the energy potential of the child's body.
Produced in the form of powder in bags, divorced - 1 packet in a glass of warm boiled water.
Humaine electrolyte effectively works even in the treatment of children from the first days of life, and not only normalizes the fluid balance, but also replenishes the body weight deficiency of the baby lost during vomiting.
The structure includes such components:
- Sodium chloride.
- Potassium citrate.
- Natural aromatic flavors (cumin or banana).
Scheme of admission for a prolonged, prolonged vomiting:
0-2,5-3 months of life
200-500ml for 7-8 times a day
300-600ml for 5-8 times a day
400-1000ml for 5-8 times a day
100 - 150ml 6-8 times
One-time vomiting does not require such a drug, it is enough to give such quantity:
- A child under 1 year - half a teaspoon every 5 minutes for 1-2 hours.
- Children older than a year - a teaspoon every 5-7 minutes for 1-2 hours.
- Children older than 3 years - on a tablespoon every 5-10 minutes for an hour.
Vitamins are not a basis for treatment, rather it is an additional stage in therapy that allows to strengthen the immune system, to fill the deficiency of necessary substances, trace elements. Self-medication, especially when vomiting without fever and diarrhea in a child, is unacceptable. For what reasons does the company reflex not be treated with vitamins?
- If a child has vomiting, you can not force him to eat, the only thing you need in the first few hours after the episode of a vomiting reflex is drinking, often in small portions. Vitamins can provoke a new attack of vomiting.
- Vitamins are prescribed after a few days if vomiting without temperature and diarrhea does not lead to a worsening of the condition. Vitamin complexes, monopreparations can fix a positive result, but they should be prescribed by a doctor.
- Vitamins are unsafe, an overdose of any kind of vitamins threatens serious complications for both adults and babies. Pay attention to hypervitaminosis D, which often provokes vomiting without hyperthermia and diarrhea.
- It often happens that vomiting is just a signal about an overdose of vitamins. In addition to a vomiting reflex, a child may have a headache, a small puffiness.
Vitamins, however, are shown to children, mainly after a course of therapy
What vitamins can be recommended for vomiting without fever and diarrhea?
- Complex preparations containing a number of vitamins and microelements.
- Vitamins of group B, vitamin C and A for normalization of metabolism, strengthening of immune defense.
- Calcium in a bioavailable form.
- Vitamin K, which is considered an antihemorrhagic substance, contributing to the normal process of blood clotting.
- Acetonemic vomiting shows B vitamins.
To choose and appoint the necessary vitamin complex, or vitamin as a mono drug can the doctor, guided by information on the characteristics of vomiting, the dynamics of the process and, first of all, relying on the diagnosis.
Physiotherapy with a phenomenon such as vomiting without fever and diarrhea in a child is considered a method of choice. If there is a possibility to do without medicines, then physiotherapy is a wonderful and effective variant of stabilizing the state of the baby's health.
What is physiotherapy?
This influence and influence on the organs and systems of the body through a variety of techniques - both natural (heat, light, water), and artificial - hardware methods of physiotherapy.
In pediatrics, physiotherapy procedures are very popular, as they act as activators of the child's own health resources. Wellness, relative safety, accessibility - this makes physiotherapy one of the leading directions in the treatment of children, including with vomitive reflexes.
What kinds of physiotherapy are shown at a desperate age?
- Electromagnetic therapy and its variants.
- Ultrasonic therapy.
- Thermal therapy.
- LFK - exercise therapy.
- Water procedures.
- Wellness and therapeutic massage.
Physiotherapy, with all its positive characteristics, has features and contraindications, especially if the child's vomiting is repeated and is a symptom of a serious illness.
Specificity of physiotherapy procedures:
- All procedures are prescribed according to age.
- Dosing of physical factors of procedures (water, heat, light) is also calculated according to age norms.
- Practically all physiotherapeutic procedures are appointed in the morning.
- The procedures are prescribed either 2-3 hours after a meal, or an hour before a meal.
- The duration of the course depends on the aetiological factors of vomiting without temperature and diarrhea in the child, age, other features of the baby.
When you can not use physiotherapy methods?
- Persistent, frequent vomiting.
- Abundant vomiting.
- Vomiting with impurities - blood, remnants of food, mucus, bile.
- With any manifestations of viral diseases.
- If there is an indication in the medical history of a potential risk of a convulsive syndrome.
- With head injuries, bruises.
How can physiotherapy help in vomiting in a child?
- Infrared laser radiation. It activates the metabolism, removes puffiness, activates the lymph flow. It is shown as a restorative procedure after passing the medication course of treatment, as well as after an operative intervention concerning the obstruction of the intestine, esophagus.
- Electrophoresis. Zonal administration of medicinal products with the help of a certain frequency of electric current. This method allows to use the necessary preparation in a gentle way, reducing the dose while maintaining the therapeutic effect.
- UV - ultraviolet irradiation. The procedure activates the protective properties of the immune system, relieves the severity of inflammatory processes, for example, with prolonged, chronic bronchitis, accompanied by vomiting without temperature and diarrhea.
- Magnetotherapy. Point effect of the magnetic field on certain parts of the body of the baby well treats digestive tract diseases, neurotic manifestations, including those that lead to vomiting reflex.
- Therapeutic course of health-improving physical training is an excellent method to restore the tone of the body, improve the work of the respiratory and nervous system, regulate the work of the vestibular apparatus and reduce the risk of motion sickness on the road (motion sickness is accompanied by vomiting).
- Massage. This is the most popular variant of physiotherapy, which can be done at home. If vomiting is a signal of overwork, a stressful reaction, a relaxing massage is shown, which can be done even for infants from 2-3 months. There are different types of massage and a conditional division into categories - restorative and curative. Precisely choose the physiotherapy in these categories will be the attending physician.
Alternative treatment with a symptom such as vomiting without fever and diarrhea in a child is a recommendation that parents get from anywhere, but not from the mouth of a doctor. Councils of relatives, acquaintances, articles in popular magazines and newspapers, certainly promise an instant recovery of the baby. However, everything that concerns the child's health requires caution and a reasonable approach. Therefore, alternative treatment is only an option that should be discussed with the attending physician.
What can be advised from safe alternatives to vomiting treatment?
- There are special products that help to reduce nausea, hence, help to avoid vomiting. For example, quince in a baked form. A child can be given it after successfully passing the process of fractional evaporation. Quince has an astringent property, but in the liver form it is considered almost a dietary product, rich in trace elements and vitamins.
- Freshly squeezed black currant juice due to the content of vitamin C and sour taste helps the child cope with nausea and vomiting. Juice can be given to children from the age of three, after a single vomiting, not associated with a serious disease.
- Gentle food after persistent vomiting can be bread crumbs, better white. Dry croissants do not burden the stomach and at the same time give a certain energy reserve to the body. One day of dietary nutrition, including croutons, herbal decoctions, and your baby will be completely healthy.
- The child after vomiting should drink chilled to room temperature boiled water with the addition of lemon and honey. This replenishes the body with potassium, magnesium and vitamin C. Recipe: for 1 glass of water - a teaspoon of honey and a half teaspoon of lemon juice. Drink in small sips, every 5-7 minutes.
- Mildly brewed green tea makes it easier to feel after vomiting, and can also neutralize nausea.
- Psychogenic vomiting without fever and diarrhea in a child is well removed by tea with the addition of chamomile and mint.
- If the baby is rocking on the way, you can give him a lollipop with lemon or mint flavor. This advice is only for children from 3 years old.
Herbal treatment will also be appropriate when vomiting without fever and diarrhea in a child is not accompanied by other symptoms.
Usually well-acting as anti-emetics such infusions, decoctions:
- Mint tea or mint broth. The recipe is simple - a teaspoon of dried mint grass is poured with 1, 5 glasses of boiling water. Insists about 40 minutes, filtered. The child is put fractional soldering, so mint broth should be given on a teaspoon every 10-15 minutes. Of course, this type of tea is not recommended for infants, but for babies, starting from one and a half years, it is already possible to give it. Peppermint has an antispasmodic effect, soothes the stomach, relieves the condition after a vomiting eruption, replenishes fluid loss.
- Dill broth. Seeds of dill are popular not only as a way to prevent flatulence, but also as an option to reduce nausea and reduce the risk of vomiting. A teaspoon of seeds should be poured a glass of water, let it boil and immediately remove from heat. Cool the broth to a warm state, strain and give the baby a half teaspoon every 5-7 minutes. You can even give infants to drink dill with a decoction. The volume of drinking is calculated based on body weight.
- Children older than 5 years can boil grass melissa. Treatment with herbs is effective if the parents know in advance the useful properties of the plant and have a "strategic" reserve for unforeseen cases. Melissa is brewed similarly to other phyto-drugs. A teaspoon of 250 ml of boiling water, if the child is older than 10 years, you can take a tablespoon of dry grass for the same amount of water. Boil the drink should not be, it is covered, allowed to stand for 30 minutes, cool to a warm state. The infused infusion should be drunk in a teaspoonful after 5-10 minutes. Melissa soothes the spasms of the esophagus, stomach, it affects the nervous system.
- Children over the age of 7 can drink ginger tea. A small piece of ginger should be grinded (grate), take literally a piece, at the tip of the knife, and put in 500 ml of boiling water. Insist 30 minutes, drain. The broth is obtained with a specific, tonic flavor and taste. A child can drink on a tablespoon of ginger infusion for an hour, every 10 minutes.
Treatment with herbs is not a universal technique, moreover, we can not consider herbal medicine safe. All of the above recipes can be considered only as fact-finding information, and it is necessary to determine which herb can help with vomiting from a doctor or a specialist in phytotherapy.
Homeopathy is a rather popular method of treatment, when vomiting without temperature and diarrhea is diagnosed in a child. Means can be either complex or consist of one active substance.
What kind of homeopathy is indicated to children with a vomiting reflex?
- The most popular and complex drug Nuks Vomica, it is not for nothing called an emetic. The specificity of homeopathy lies in the fact that each component of the medicine corresponds to the rule - to treat like with like.
The composition includes Bryonia, Citulius colocynthsa, Licopodium, Strychnos nux vomsca and other components. The medicine is available in the form of drops, has a wide range of effects, it is recommended to use it for children only after 2 years. It is extremely rare for a doctor to prescribe Nux Vomica to babies from 1-1, 5 years old.
Toddlers from 2 to 6 years - 2-3 drops three times a day an hour after feeding. The drops must be dissolved in 10 ml of water
Children from 6 years - for 2 tablespoons 10 drops of the drug, drink 2-3 times a day according to the indications
Features of reception:
The older children need to explain that the medicine should be held in the mouth for a while, and then swallowed
- Gastricumgel in vomiting without fever and diarrhea in a child can also have a positive effect. Especially if the reflex is provoked by overeating. The drug sedates, soothes, relieves stomach cramps. Also the product works well with acetone, calming vomiting and reducing intoxication. The medicine is available in tablet form.
Contraindications gastricumgel does not have, but it is not prescribed to children until 2.5 -3 years old (small children are not able to dissolve the pill under the tongue)
Mode of application:
Children from 5 to 1 2 years - 1-1 / 2 tablets under the tongue, dissolve
Children of younger age (from 3 to 5 years) - the tablet is ground to a powdered state, dissolved in 2 tablespoons of purified water. You should drink 1-2 teaspoons 2-3 times a day.
- Vertigoheel - a drug that improves cerebral circulation, toning it, reduces the symptoms of nausea and vomiting in motion sickness, dizziness, fainting. It is good to give a vertegohel to children who do not tolerate the road, travel.
Contra-indications: Age under 1 year
Mode of application:
Children from 1 to 3 years - 2-3 drops in a tablespoon of water 20 minutes before eating.
Children from 3 to 6 years - 4-5 drops per tablespoon of liquid
A child older than 6 years should drip 10 drops in 10 ml of water, ask to hold the solution in your mouth, and then swallow
- Regurgitation, which often looks like vomiting without fever and diarrhea, can be stopped with the help of Aethusa cynapium (canine parsley).
Dosage and reception should prompt the doctor-homeopath.
Homeopathy, although considered a safe method of treatment, nevertheless presupposes at a minimum an examination of the child, as a maximum - a comprehensive examination. Self-medication is unacceptable, especially when it comes to the health of the child. The main thing in homeopathy, as in other methods of therapy, is the rule - do no harm.
Vomiting without fever and diarrhea in a child, as a rule, does not require surgical intervention. Operative treatment is an extreme measure, when a gag reflex is one of the symptoms of a life threatening toddler's disease. These can be diseases of the abdominal cavity with clinical manifestations of severe pain in the abdomen, prolonged constipation or indomitable diarrhea. Usually, such pathologies are accompanied by an increased body temperature, other characteristic signs, which can be read on our website.
Operative, surgical treatment is shown only in such situations, with diseases in acute form:
- Inflammation of the appendix.
- Cholecystitis (exacerbation).
- Acute intestinal obstruction, intussusception, intestinal intussusception.
- Exacerbation of gastric ulcer (in children it is extremely rare).
- It is extremely rare - atresia of bile ducts.
- Stenosis of the esophagus.
- Pilorotomy with congenital pyloric stenosis.
- Perforation of duodenal ulcer.
- Traumatic injuries of the abdominal cavity.
- Traumatic injuries associated with a threat to the life of the baby.
In general, vomiting without fever and diarrhea in the child does not require surgical treatment.
Surgery is needed only with a typical picture of the "acute abdomen", when the baby has a strong tension of the peritoneal muscle tissue, high fever, pain, persistent constipation or diarrhea.
To exclude threats and risks, a specific diagnosis, the doctor collects an anamnesis, full information about the onset of the disease. The connection of vomiting with reception and a mode of reception of food is specified, vomitive masses for presence or absence of specific impurity, smells are investigated. Also, the child can be assigned additional examinations - tests, instrumental diagnostics (ultrasound, contrast X-ray, FGDS).