The degree of symptomatology depends on the severity of the poisoning, the amount of vinegar that gets inside. First of all, there is a sharp pain and a chemical burn develops. Struck stomach, intestines, esophagus, which is accompanied by a dyspeptic syndrome.
Violated blood circulation, which is accompanied by blue skin, sharp dizziness, headache. Such a condition can progress up to asphyxia or loss of consciousness to the affected.
The first sign is strong pain, which is a reaction to tissue damage by toxins that have fallen on the mucous membrane. Redness develops, a strong swelling of the tissue. In this case, the body drastically loses fluid. A person has a feeling of dryness, tightness of the skin and mucous membranes, as a result of which the pain only intensifies. Gradually begins peeling of the skin. In severe lesions, dying of the mucous membrane may occur, and its death will begin.
Usually, edema appears not only on the mucous membranes, but also on the lips, corners of the mouth, in the mouth. If vinegar gets through the mouth, oskoma may develop, teeth become yellow or gray in color, small sores or erosions in the mouth may appear, lips may crack. Gradually, as the absorption of vinegar by the tissues takes place, the pathology is only aggravated, the pain is aggravated, the tissues become swollen. Dyspeptic syndrome develops. Another characteristic feature is the appearance of a sharp odor from the mouth, in the throat. With palpation, soreness increases. Gradually the pain extends to the entire esophagus, covers the stomach, intestines. There may be a bleeding. With a tendency to allergic reactions, an emergency condition, anaphylactic, glycemic shock, severe hemorrhage, loss of consciousness can develop.
How much should you drink vinegar for poisoning? Everything depends on the individual sensitivity of the body. But in general, 50 ml of the active substance is enough to develop dangerous symptoms, up to a lethal outcome.
Acetic acid poisoning
Acetic acid is more concentrated than vinegar, respectively, poisoning occurs more quickly, and the consequences of it are more dangerous for humans. Help must be given immediately. Symptoms are no different from acetic poisoning. A characteristic feature is that during poisoning, both local and systemic effects on the body are manifested. The general situation takes place when the substance is absorbed inside. A local manifestation develops if a large amount of acetic acid has got on the skin, or if it gets on the mucous membrane. A chemical burn develops, pathological phenomena progress, the resorptive effect develops. It is dangerous because it can lead to more serious pathologies.
First aid should be given immediately as soon as the first signs of the disease appear. It is necessary to withdraw the poisonous substance outside, neutralize it. Carry out the procedure for at least 6 hours. Otherwise, it will not have any effect, since the acid has the property of being absorbed for a sufficiently long time.
After the stomach is completely washed, you can proceed to symptomatic therapy. Everything is now determined by those symptoms that bother the person.
Poisoning with vinegar, as well as acetic acid, requires mandatory rehabilitation. In the course of restorative therapy, antibiotic therapy, antihistamines, antiallergic, and hormonal agents may be required. In order to prevent more serious complications, laser irradiation of the esophagus walls is applied, hormonal preparations are administered. This helps to prevent stenosis and bleeding.
Vinegar vapors poisoning
When inhaled vinegar vapors may occur as acute poisoning, or chronic. In this case, acute, most often due to a one-time inhalation of a large number of vapors. Or inhalation for several minutes, hours of a certain concentration of this substance. Chronic poisoning develops with regular, systematic inhalation of fumes, over a long period of time - from several months to several years. Most often it is work in production, in the laboratory. Chronic disease is most often an occupational disease of people working with vinegar.
To recognize the poisoning in pairs in the early stages can be by external signs: a person has a violation of perception, distorted smells, taste sensations. Also develops headache, mild dizziness, nausea, pain in the temples and behind the breastbone, heart rate increases. Breathing becomes more frequent, it becomes superficial. There is a sense of lack of air. There may be a feeling of heat, or vice versa, cold, trembling, slight tremor. When burns there is a burning sensation, pain, slight redness.
At this time, the patient needs first aid, as soon as possible, because otherwise the severe stage will come. It can develop dramatically: a person loses consciousness, convulsions, tremors and tremors develop. With chronic poisoning, in which a person inhales vinegar for a long time, the symptomatology grows gradually: there is an increase in temperature, dry mouth, weakness, sometimes - delirium and hallucinations, migraines. On health - a person feels constant drowsiness, weakness, lack of oxygen. According to external manifestations, in the early stages of the clinical picture is similar to exhaustion, fatigue, loss of strength. Only after this, after a week, there are signs of severe intoxication: headache, dizziness, dyspeptic disorders. There are signs of poisoning in the blood.
Poisoning by the smell of vinegar
Usually in such a situation there is a shiver in the body, panic, the pupils become dilated. Major reflexes, swallowing and even respiratory, can be violated. This condition is dangerous because there is a reflex spasm of smooth muscles, as a result of which the innervation and circulation are disturbed. Blood pressure drops sharply, tachycardia occurs. In the blood appears free hemoglobin due to the destruction of erythrocytes, which leads to the appearance of a blue shade of mucous membranes, lips, skin.
Gradually, all metabolism is disrupted, signs of intoxication are increasing. The danger is also that diuresis drastically decreases. This leads to a fluid retention in the body, a violation of salt metabolism. Toxins can not be excreted from the body, continue to exert toxigenic effects. As a result, edema develops, emphysema of the lungs. There is a development of cardiac and respiratory insufficiency, a violation of the heart, the discovery of external and internal bleeding.
In the blood, erythrocytes and other cells are destroyed, the process of coagulation is immediately disrupted. Renal tubules and vessels are clogged with the destroyed hemoglobin. Urine becomes small. Urea, creatinine and other metabolic products circulate in the blood in ever-increasing concentrations. Due to poisoning with these substances and from the disruption of nutrition of tissues, signs of organ damage gradually appear. The defeat of the central nervous system, liver, kidneys, heart can become critical and result in a fatal outcome.
Thus, poisoning with vinegar can be fatal. Therefore, you should carefully handle this product in a domestic environment, and comply with safety regulations when working on an industrial scale.
On poisoning with table and apple cider vinegar, read this article .
Poisoning child with vinegar
In general, poisoning with vinegar in a child proceeds in the same way as in an adult. The only difference is that intoxication grows faster, the risk of complications and concomitant pathologies is much higher than that of an adult. Mandatory hospitalization is required. The first help should be given as soon as possible. First, the gastric lavage is performed, neutralizing the poison, after which the stabilization of the condition and the subsequent restorative therapy begin.