Who is an orthopedic trauma specialist?
Who is an orthopedic trauma specialist? This is a doctor who has practical skills in the treatment of injuries and diseases that are associated with the musculoskeletal system. Also, the doctor provides emergency and planned assistance with modern techniques for correcting soft-tissue defects of the limbs, fixing fractures and treating joints.
If the patient has a broken leg, the orthopedic traumatologist examines the fracture and immediately makes an X-ray. X-ray allows you to see all the features of the fracture. After that, the doctor straightens the fracture, gives the broken bones the right position. After all these procedures, the doctor imparts a plaster, than fixes the broken bone for the fastest and right coalescence and healing.
To date, orthopedic traumatologists can easily cope with diseases and injuries, which until recently seemed hopeless and absolutely incurable. So, an orthopedist-traumatologist can replace joints that are affected by such a disease as arthrosis. Most of all professional orthopedic trauma doctors are in America, Great Britain and Germany.
When should I go to the orthopedist traumatologist?
You have problems with posture or because of an old incorrectly fractured fracture of the problem with the musculoskeletal system, then you need medical help. Let's consider, when it is necessary to address to the orthopedist-traumatologist.
- With fractures of any complexity, abnormal fusion of bones and polio disease.
- With stretches of muscles and ligaments, bites of insects and animals that caused deformation of soft tissues.
- With severe or chronic pain in the joints, spine or extremities.
- With various deformations and pathologies of the spine, thorax, limbs, muscular and bone system.
- With frostbite of limbs, disorders of the vascular system, flat feet.