What to do with a bruised nail?
From bruises no one is insured, so everyone should know how to provide themselves and close people with first aid. For the most painless, fast recovery, you need:
- to direct on the bruised fingernail a stream of ice water which will help to resolve a hemorrhage;
- place the nail in the ice bath for several minutes, after wrapping it with a bandage, if necessary, repeat the anesthetic procedure after 15 minutes;
- exclude infection - treat the nail with iodine;
- to prevent swelling - to make a grid of iodine on the arm;
- if there are signs of flaking of the nail plate from the tissues, fix it with a bandage or plaster (should not stick to the nail itself) in case of possible growth;
- a paper clip of a red-hot fire needs to be made in the nail hole (in the place of the greatest accumulation of blood) to reduce bruising, reduce pain, and also save the bruised nail from rejection;
- provide the finger with complete peace.
Nail injury treatment
The biggest problem with a bruise is a hemorrhage, which raises the nail plate, tearing it away. Therefore, if you can not make bloodletting yourself, you need to go to the hospital. It is necessary to do this quickly, until the blood under the fingernail has not managed to curtail. A bruise of the nail on the leg will cause discomfort during movement and will require long-term treatment, as it is not always possible to provide complete rest to the injured nail of the foot. In rare situations, prescribe medication with analgesics, which reduce pain syndrome. To alleviate pain, use aspirin. It is possible to use compresses with dimexid, which must be diluted in half with water.
Heparin ointment with a nail injury helps reduce inflammation, prevents blood clotting, and anesthetizes. Ointment is applied several times a day in a thin layer, gently rubbing into the affected area.
Arnica - homeopathic ointment with a nail injury has an anti-inflammatory effect, facilitates the condition with hematomas, improves blood supply. It is necessary to apply several times a day, it is possible in the form of a bandage. The length of the course depends on the speed of recovery.
How to treat a bruised nail with alternative methods?
The bruised nail is treated like this:
- dry powder of water-alcohol mixed with water until the formation of an elastic dough and superimposed on the sore spot. Prevents the appearance of swelling, bruising. When the bodyfather dries, she herself will be sprinkled;
- leaf (you can take the juice) psyllium and yarrow in equal parts are crushed, make a compress made from gruel wrapped in gauze;
- on the bruised nail apply a bandage soaked in a solution of a glass of vinegar, a glass of wine and a teaspoon of salt;
- ointment with a bruise of the nail from the healers - a soap of black color in the amount of 30 g. Grind, combine in equal parts with ammonia and camphor tree oil. Pour in 50 ml. Church lamp-lamp oil, a glass of turpentine;
- a strong bruise of the nail with the formation of pus is recommended to dip in a warm solution of a tablespoon of salt and soda, after treatment with hydrogen peroxide.
How to treat a bruised nail if the condition worsens?
A severe bruise of the nail often causes fever, swelling and reddening of the finger. If after three weeks there is an intensification of pain, a fluid separates from the finger, then you should immediately seek medical help. A fingernail bruise can lead to serious complications, including loss of the finger itself. Therefore, it is recommended to make an X-ray to detect the presence of cracks, fractures.
After treatment, the nail grows long, up to several months. At the site of the removed nail the new one begins to appear somewhere in a year. In this period, you need to provide the necessary conditions for the growth of a new nail. Wear large shoes, exclude walks without shoes, if it is a leg. Work in the garden with gloves, avoid getting finger on the finger of chemicals - with the loss of the nail on the hand.
The bruise of the nail can remind of itself after years of overgrown, mutated nail plate, greater sensitivity of the previously damaged finger, thinning the nail surface. In cases of violation of the aesthetic appearance of the nail, you need to contact a nail salon to a specialist.