What does the masseur do?
Massage has long been known as a therapeutic and prophylactic procedure, it can be done practically without exception: to children, and adults, and healthy and sick. Today, more than a hundred varieties of massage are known, all of them were formed over the centuries in different countries, that is why in every massage technique there is an imprint of the traditions of the people that is peculiar to one or another culture. But, in whatever country there is a massage technique and how they all did not differ from each other - they all have one common quality - an undeniable benefit for the body.
Today, the following massage techniques have been widely used:
- Classical massage contains various techniques of affecting the body: stroking, rubbing, kneading, efflorescing, vibrations, etc. The choice of massage technique in each case occurs individually, taking into account the disease. Classical massage helps to restore the functions of organs or systems. He noticeably relieves pain, relaxes, relieves nervous tension. As a rule, classical massage is prescribed, as a rule, together with medicines, due to which the process of recovery proceeds more quickly.
- Prophylactic massage. The purpose of this massage is to prevent the development of various diseases (cardiovascular, atherosclerosis, gynecological, etc.). Periodic course of preventive massage allows improving blood circulation, metabolism, increase the body's defenses.
- Therapeutic massage is widely used in various medical fields: neurology, cosmetology, dentistry, gynecology, orthopedics, etc. Therapeutic massage restores health and is part of a rehabilitation complex whose purpose is to restore the body's functions, disturbed for various reasons. It is used for injuries or pathological conditions.
- Sports massage improves the general condition and prevents diseases of the musculoskeletal system. There are two types of sports massage: preparatory, in which muscles are toned up, strengthened, usually it is carried out before exercise (speeches, training) and restorative, which is used after sports to restore strength and relax the muscles.
- Hygienic massage. Special techniques of massage actions (rubbing, squeezing, kneading, vibration, etc.) help to strengthen health, as well as preserve the functions of the body. High efficiency is observed in everyday procedures, in the morning or in the evening.
- Cosmetic massage. In this case, it is better to trust a professional masseur, since the expert is familiar with the process of physiological processes in the tissues, therefore the risk of disturbance of these processes with professional massage is reduced to zero. This kind of massage has a local character, it is necessary as a means of skin care, in order to prevent aging, as well as for skin tone. Cosmetic massage can be hygienic, preventive, curative.
- Anti-cellulite massage shows a good effect in a systematic long-term use. The result of special massage actions are the destruction of fat deposits, increase the elasticity and elasticity of the skin. Anti-cellulite massage uses rubbing, kneading, shifting techniques, as well as chopping, manual vibration, circular kneading, etc. After the massage session, a short-term inflammation in the form of painful sensations, redness, swelling, etc. May appear at the massage site.
- Relax massage is a good method of restoring and strengthening the body. The technique is aimed at relaxing the muscles. Relax massage with the right technique allows you to achieve a state very close to mediation. There are several types of relaxing massages, most of them originated in the eastern countries. Probably for this reason, with relaxation massage, it is important to create a certain atmosphere, for example, the aroma of massage oils.
- Children's massage is useful for every child, without exception. Massage regulates the work of the nervous system, strengthens muscles, helps in the formation of proper posture. Massage techniques can prevent the development of diseases associated with the musculoskeletal system. Children's massage is recommended for children, with existing diseases, and absolutely healthy children, as prevention and general improvement of the body.
- Thai massage. This technique is traditional for Eastern countries. Massage is aimed at restoring the right energy flow in the body. For such a technique, a characteristic feature is that the patient and the masseur must come to complete unity, both physical and spiritual. For a physical contact, a special massage is used, namely the transfer of the body of the masseur to a certain area of the patient's body. To achieve a spiritual rapprochement, a soothing atmosphere, aromas, etc. Are used.
What kind of diseases does the masseur handle?
Therapeutic massage is indicated for many diseases. With certain types of massage, a positive result is achieved in the treatment of a particular disease.
In case of hypotrophy (chronic eating disorder), a special type of therapeutic massage is appointed, which increases the tone, normalizes metabolism, activates the body's defenses. Massage is carried out with the help of smooth, gentle movements, so as not to provoke inflammatory processes. When the disease is of moderate severity, stroking methods are used.
Dysplasia (abnormal development of organs, tissues, parts of the body) is treated with the help of massage procedures, which include stroking, rubbing techniques, soft kneading of the gluteal zone. It is not superfluous here to be a point massaging of the gluteal muscles. Also, with dysplasia, the vibrational method is actively used.
With congenital clubfoot massage therapist uses special techniques of massaging the feet, shins.
Congenital muscular torticollis (develops due to birth trauma). Good efficiency is provided by acupressure. When congenital, the curve is massaged in a dotted manner in the area of the joints of the muscles with the clavicle, in particular the mastoid process, which is located behind the ear, and, as is known, it is in the ears region that a large number of points are located. Knowing the technique of acupressure allows you to treat almost any disease.
Important is massage for a group of muscles on the feet, fingers, shins. For external muscles of the shin and feet, three massage techniques are used: stroking, rubbing, vibration.
Quite often massage techniques are used in the treatment of diseases of internal organs, for example, the liver - in this case two types of massage are possible: direct and indirect massage of the hepatic tissue. With indirect massage, rubbing, shaking, stroking is used, but this type is rarely used. An indirect massage is preferred, which is performed by pressing the diaphragm on the liver with a deep inspiration and pressure of the abdominal when exhaled.
To treat sinusitis, massage techniques for the facial sinuses are used. Usually, the massage procedure lasts about a minute, the process uses pressure, rubbing, point techniques.
A special massage technique has been developed to treat inflammation of the prostate. Massage actions occur by means of action (stroking, pressing) on the inflamed area in the rectum.
In diseases of the digestive organs, massage procedures are also used in complex treatment. Usually, massage is used in the area of the back, abdomen, and lateral areas. In this case, all movements should be smooth, soft, without sharp jerks. Much attention should be given to stroking and rubbing, after which there may be a significant alleviation of the pain syndrome. After the pain subsides a little, you can use kneading and percussion techniques.
Chronic inflammations of the uterus and other gynecological diseases are treated with gynecological massage effects. Such massage significantly improves the patient's condition, especially with severe pain in the coccyx, uterus.
Good massage helps with arthrosis of the ankle joint. The procedure consists of three actions: rubbing, stroking, comb-like techniques.
With the help of massage techniques, you can raise or lower the pressure by affecting certain points in the upper back. If you need to lower the pressure - do not use percussion techniques, otherwise you can achieve the opposite result.
Massage can be used for many diseases, but it is not the only treatment. Usually, massage techniques are used as an anesthetic and auxiliaries for the treatment of diseases. Massage procedures are recommended to combine with other types of treatment.