The rise in temperature is a sign that the body is developing an inflammatory process. It is generally accepted that temperatures below 38-38.5 ° C should not be brought down - such indications indicate that the body is actively fighting infection. If the temperature rises, then the body needs help. When there is no possibility to go to the pharmacy for febrifuge preparations, or do not want to take any kind of "chemistry", then a completely logical question arises: how to knock down the heat without medication? This is really possible if you use some unconventional methods of treatment.
How to knock down a child's temperature without medication?
What can be done to bring down the temperature in a child? First, in the room where the child will be, you need to ensure the presence of cool and moist air. The optimum humidity should be 60%, and the temperature - about + 20 ° C.
The child should not be heavily wrapped: enough of ordinary cotton pajamas and one blanket. Excessive wrapping can disrupt the natural processes of thermoregulation in a child's body.
How to knock down the heat? You can listen to one of the following tips:
- Wet small terry towels in water at room temperature, attach them to the area of the calves of the lower extremities. Replace the towels every 15 minutes. Breast children at a high temperature can also be applied to the wrists.
- At a high temperature cabbage leaves are good. Pick a few leaves in size, rinse and beat them a little with a hammer. Attach the leaves to the belly and back of the baby, fix them under the clothes. It is advisable to change the leaves to fresh ones approximately every 10 minutes, until the baby becomes lighter.
- At high temperatures, the child needs a sufficient amount of liquid. Use teas with raspberries, chamomile, linden, honey (if there is no allergy). You can also use heated mineral water.
- To senior children from a heat and an angina the hot chicken broth well helps - it should be drunk in small sips, without bread and other auxiliary products. This simple method also eliminates nasal congestion.
When there is a fever with chills, as well as a fever in infants, a doctor should be consulted, and the sooner the better. High fever is often a sign not only of the common cold, but also of more serious pathologies, such as pneumonia, intestinal infectious diseases,
How to knock down the temperature of an adult without medication?
Adults, in order to bring down the heat, should consume a lot of liquid - it can be tea, compote, kissel, or just warmed-up mineral water.
An excellent means for lowering the heat is raspberry - and curative are both berries, and leaves or even stems of the plant. According to specialists, in raspberry there is a natural substance, close in properties to acetylsalicylic acid. How to cook raspberries to knock off heat?
- Grind crimson leaves and stems, pour them with boiling water. After 15 minutes, filter and drink instead of tea, when you want.
- One tablespoon of dry raspberry berries pour 250 ml of boiling water, boil for 5 minutes, and we insist 5 more minutes. We drink instead of tea.
The willow bark possesses an excellent antipyretic property. It calms the heat, relieves pain in the head and aching joints, and does not do any harm to the body. How to knock down heat with a willow bark?
- One tablespoon of shallow bark pour 250 ml of boiling water and boil for 15 minutes on low heat. The broth is filtered and we drink 100 ml 3-4 times a day.
- Within three weeks, insist 25 g of dry bark in 0.5 liters of red wine. Next, the infusion is filtered and we take 50 ml in the morning and at night.
When chilling, it is good to take a warm bath with the addition of a small amount of vinegar, or sea salt, or essential oils (mint, pine needles, citrus). The duration of the bath is no more than 15-20 minutes.
How to knock down the temperature without drugs in pregnant women?
Before trying to bring down the temperature during pregnancy, you must first know the reason for its increase. It's one thing if it's just a cold. Much more serious causes may be intestinal infections, kidney and bladder diseases, viral pathologies. During pregnancy it is better to consult a doctor right away.
In the first half of pregnancy with a slight increase in temperature can help a lot of drinking. This should not be done at a later date, so as not to provoke the development of edema.
You can drink tea with lime flowers, raspberries. At the first sign of a cold, a cup of warm milk with honey and a piece of butter helps a lot.
A good antipyretic effect can be obtained using usual cool compresses on the forehead and calf muscles. Do not apply ice - hypothermia to a pregnant woman is contraindicated.
Also, under the prohibition of pregnancy, taking hot baths and foot baths - such procedures can adversely affect the uterine tone.
If the condition does not improve, or vice versa, it worsens, you do not need to guess how to knock down the heat without medication - you need to urgently consult a doctor: high temperature can lead to fetal hypoxia.