One of the conditions for successful relief of laryngospasm is timely and correctly provided pre-medical care.
- The first thing to do is to calm the patient. To do this, use irritating actions: moisten your face with water, pinch your skin, pat on the back.
- It is necessary to ensure the supply of fresh air. To do this, remove the squeezing clothing, open the window in the room and give the victim a little water.
- To stop the attack, you can induce a vomitive reflex by pressing on the root of the tongue or holding the breath for a couple of seconds.
- With a spasm that lasts longer than a minute, an internal solution of 0.5% potassium bromide solution is shown.
If the above methods were ineffective, the fit progresses and asphyxia begins, then tracheal intubation or tracheotomy is performed to ensure airway patency. This procedure can only be performed by a physician. If there are signs of cardiac arrest, then resuscitation and indirect heart massage are performed. Once the laryngospasm is stopped, the patient is given oxygen therapy.
Emergency care for laryngospasm
Severe form of spasm of the larynx with cramps of the whole body and signs of asphyxia is a condition that requires urgent help, as its progression can lead to death.
The algorithm of action for laryngospasm:
- Place the affected person on a level surface, as it may require resuscitation.
- To facilitate movements of the chest and lungs, unfasten or remove clothing.
- Ensure the quietest situation and the flow of fresh air, as there is a risk of oxygen starvation.
- Body and face soak with water, give the patient a cotton wool with ammonia, or apply pressure to the root of the tongue. Such annoying actions stop the spasm.
- Because the spasm is associated with hypocalcemia, intravenous calcium gluconate is given in a dosage of 5-10 ml of a 10% solution.
- To restore airway patency, perform intubation or tracheotomy.
- In the absence of a pulse and cardiac arrest, an indirect massage of the heart muscle is shown.
After recovering the breath, the patient is taken to the ambulance to the hospital to monitor vital signs and further examination.
, , , , 
Than to remove laryngospasm?
Treatment of spasms of the larynx in adults is difficult, but in some cases they pass independently. Particular attention during the attack should be given to the primary emergency care.
In order to remove laryngospasm, the patient should be provided with access to fresh air and a calm environment. Panic and hysterical state of others will lead to aggravation of respiratory failure. If the disorder is mild, the patient should be allowed to drink cool water and moisten the face with it.
Cramps are well-stopped with the help of side stimuli: slapping on the back, pinching the skin, pressing the root of the tongue. You can use ammonia alcohol or intravenous / intramuscular injection of anticonvulsants. If you know for sure that the attack is caused by an allergen, then antihistamines and antiallergic drugs are needed.
How to remove laringospazm at home?
The first thing to do if your loved one has laryngospasm is to call an ambulance. Before the arrival of physicians should try to alleviate the condition of the patient at home.
The victim should be placed in a horizontal position, remove the squeezing chest of clothing. Face moisten with cool water, give some liquid and provide a stream of fresh air. The environment around should be calm so that the patient relaxes as much as possible. Effective will be light pats on the back, pinching of the throat area, pressing on the root of the tongue and other irritating actions.