Contraindications to the use of Dead Sea mud
Contraindications to the mud of the Dead Sea completely depend on the healing properties of mud components, which are valued for their healing properties. Dirt contains a large number of minerals and trace elements, useful for the skin, bones, muscles and joints. Mud treatment is used for patients with disorders of the nervous system, endocrine diseases, immune system disorders, metabolic pathologies in the body and many other diseases.
- Muds have thermal properties and are characterized by high heat conductivity. With the help of mud applications, it is possible to warm the skin and promote the expansion of blood vessels, improve blood circulation and speed up the metabolism. Thanks to the effect of heat on the skin, the production of hormones and endorphins significantly increases, which has a positive effect on the immune system.
- Many patients compare the effect of using mud with massage. When applied to the skin, the dirt has a mechanical effect. The pressure is carried out both on the upper layer of the epidermis, and on deeply located tissues and capillary vessels. Since blood extensively passes from the capillaries to the vessels, the functioning of the cardiovascular system is significantly improved.
- The Dead Sea mud has chemical properties. The composition of mud includes many chemical elements, the complex effect of which accelerates the production of enzymes for the normalization of metabolic processes. Skin, like the whole body, begins to rejuvenate.
- Dirt has an anti-inflammatory effect, so it is effective in treating dermatological diseases and allergic reactions on the skin. The dirt contains iodine, bromine and zinc, which act as bactericidal substances, improve skin nutrition and relieve inflammation.
As for contraindications to the mud of the Dead Sea, the list is quite wide. Of course, the main contraindications are: a period of exacerbation of skin diseases, open wounds, pregnancy, cancer. Do not forget about the age and general condition of patients, as in some cases it is also a contraindication to the use of mud.
Dermatologists and cosmetologists call the following contraindications to the use of Dead Sea mud:
- Any acute inflammatory processes in the body.
- Malignant tumors and benign neoplasms.
- Disease of the liver, kidneys, urinary tract.
- Diseases of blood-forming organs and blood, circulatory failure of 2-3 degrees.
- Endocrine diseases, thyrotoxicosis, diabetes mellitus.
- Atherosclerosis, arterial hypertension.
- Pregnancy at any time.
- The age group of patients older than 65 years.
- Mental diseases, paralysis (progressing), epilepsy, neuroses.
Contraindications to rest on the Dead Sea
Contraindications rest on the Dead Sea depends on the age of the resting person, the general condition of the body and the presence of chronic diseases. If the rest is done with a preventive purpose, then to check the recurrence of the disease, the patients are examined in medical centers that are located on the seashore in Israel. Consider the main contraindications for rest on the Dead Sea:
- Mental disorders and diseases of the nervous system (epilepsy, schizophrenia, Parkinson's disease).
- Renal, hepatic and respiratory failure.
- Infectious diseases in the stage of exacerbation.
- Lupus erythematosus.
- Stroke, suffered less than 6 months ago.
- Myocardial infarction, transferred less than 2 months ago.
- Pulmonary tuberculosis.
- Relapses and acute course of any diseases.
In addition to the above contraindications, do not forget that before you go to Israel to the Dead Sea, you must stop taking medications and stop acute inflammatory processes. Since the special climate and natural conditions of the salt lake, can cause exacerbation and relapse of untreated or chronic pathologies.
Contraindications to swimming in the Dead Sea
Contraindications to swimming in the Dead Sea are based on the chemical composition of the water. You can swim in the sea 1-2 times a day, but not more than 15 minutes. If, according to the prescriptions of doctors, three approaches to the water are recommended, then at least 3 hours must pass between each bath. Contraindications are associated with a high sea salinity of 280 g / l and a high concentration of minerals. The Dead Sea water has a high PH-9 index, because of this, prolonged exposure to water can cause burns in sensitive areas of the skin.
In the sea it is contraindicated to bathe people with nervous disorders and mental illnesses. The acute course of infectious diseases and open wounds are also a contraindication to water procedures. Do not forget that renal, hepatic and respiratory failure are contraindications not only to bathing, but also to rest at the Dead Sea resorts.
In addition to the restrictions on time and prohibitions for health reasons, swimming in the Dead Sea has certain rules and recommendations, consider them:
- In the sea it is necessary to go into rubber slippers or moccasins. This is justified by the fact that at the bottom there are stones and salt crystals that can damage the skin.
- During bathing, it is prohibited to touch your face with wet hands. Since seawater, trapped on mucous membranes, can cause a burn. If water still gets, you should immediately wash your face with fresh water.
- The water of the Dead Sea is very dense, therefore it is forbidden to swim and dive. If you go to the water beyond the required level, then the saline solution will push you out.
- In the bathing process it is recommended to lie on your back and enjoy the salt bath.
- After leaving the sea, you need to wash yourself with fresh water, in order to wash off the salt layer. If this is not done, the salt will burn and corrode the sensitive skin.
Bathing in the Dead Sea gives energy and strength, soothes and relaxes. After bathing, the skin becomes velvety, soft and tender. But do not neglect the above contraindications and recommendations. Since non-observance of the rules can cause serious adverse effects of swimming in the Dead Sea.
Contraindications to the use of cosmetics of the Dead Sea
Contraindications to the use of cosmetics of the Dead Sea completely depend on the type of cosmetic product, its composition and method of application. General contraindications are similar to prohibitions on rest, treatment and bathing in the waters of the sea. When choosing cosmetics, it is worth paying attention to reviews, as many consumers talk about the side effects of a particular cosmetic. Consider the general contraindications to the use of cosmetics of the Dead Sea:
- Respiratory and heart failure.
- Acute course of infectious diseases.
- Open wounds and relapses of skin diseases.
- Oncological and inflammatory diseases.
Real cosmetics from Israel are made only from natural ingredients that are hypoallergenic, but each of which has its contraindications. Therefore, before using this or that cosmetic remedy, carefully read its composition, indications for use, dosage and contraindications. This will protect against unwanted side effects.
Contraindications to treatment and rest on the Dead Sea are a number of caveats that allow you to rest as comfortably as possible, and treatment is effective. Compliance with the rules and recommendations for bathing in the sea, certain therapeutic procedures or the use of cosmetics will protect against the adverse effects of the active substances of the Dead Sea.